• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Giving Back to PULL

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So...do we still get a custom rank name & color and increased avatar size if we donate? Or we do have to donate above a certain amount..? On Patreon, it says I must donate at least $8,350 per month to get these things!

Posted

So...do we still get a custom rank name & color and increased avatar size if we donate? Or we do have to donate above a certain amount..? On Patreon, it says I must donate at least $8,350 per month to get these things!

Hello! 

As you can see on Patreon, there are three giving levels. If you pledge $3/month, you get a custom rank. If you pledge $5/month, you get a custom rank and a custom name color. The last level is just a placeholder. Thanks! 

Posted

Hello! 

As you can see on Patreon, there are three giving levels. If you pledge $3/month, you get a custom rank. If you pledge $5/month, you get a custom rank and a custom name color. The last level is just a placeholder. Thanks! 

So there's no option for one-time payment??

Posted

So there's no option for one-time payment??

There is a gofundme page you may go to for a one-time payment in the OP. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Posted

Do you get custom rank/color if you make a one time donation? If you do, does it only last for one month?

Posted (edited)

Do you get custom rank/color if you make a one time donation? If you do, does it only last for one month?

I PM'ed @Nyx - she said if you donate a one-time payment of $6 on GoFundMe, you'll get a custom rank, and if you donate $10, you get custom rank and color :)

Edited by Santa

Posted

it said page not found :alpacaworry:

That's too bad :alpacaworry:

Posted

@cream and @dramajin3 Thank you for alerting us to this! I have alerted @Nyx and we are looking into what's going on because it should be up. Will keep y'all posted!

Posted

I would like to donate, too. I hope this gets fixed :alpacacrush:

Posted

I would like to donate, too. I hope this gets fixed :alpacacrush:

Fixed, the page is back up. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I donated $12 to PULL on gofundme :alpacawink:. I intended to make $3 go for each of final four months of last year so that I look I've been consistently donating $3 before making a pledge on Patreon last January. I personally wish to see more bronze sponsors like me so that each of us can discontinue and resume donations at ease with least impact on the overall finances of supporting the website.

For those curious or worried about privacy upon donating through gofundme, I completed the process and received the receipt e-mail without entering my actual name (I can not be 100% sure about successful processing of the donation until I receive the bill from my credit card). You can also hide your donation information (name, the amount of donation and comment) from others except the fund organizer, and later, if you change your mind, publicly display them on the campaign page by clicking on the link in the receipt e-mail leading to the management page.

I ended up in bragging about my donation experience but I wanted to assure you that, with Patreon and gofundme, you now have plenty of control over how to give back to PULL.

I wish I could make suggestions about additional rewards for pledging on Patreon. For the time being, I want the site owner (and moderators) to continue to be focused on administering the website. Instead, (following is my fantasy, I know many of you are busy) I think it would be wonderful if volunteers among existing donors become fundraising community developers and make unofficial news letters or Pull Mag, which contributes to increasing donation experiences. Patreon's patron-only commenting page provides a nice environment for both making drafts and socializing.

Edited by dramajin3
grammatical improvement.