• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Reputation Feedback

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe we can try moving the position of debutant (or the custom title for patreon pledgers) and the pink cake thingy under the profile picture so it doesn't look too empty? And as the other users have suggested, adding a joined date or mood can help fill up the empty space as well.

Just a thought xD

Just a Thought.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if I can take a look at the site code and maybe make an adjustment. :lamaheadshake: 

Posted

I begin to miss the "visible" reputation. I like to believe that - for example - the number of new users (who obviously haven't read any forum or sub-forum rules and clog up threads) has slightly increased since the change. One explanation might be that the "anonymity" of a relatively unnoticeable state of experience encourages to participate in posting earlier, and be it without rule-reading. (as opposed to lurking-and-learning, so to say.) But I haven't conducted any serious study on that, so I might be wrong ;) 

I really like Legolas' suggestion!

Maybe we can try moving the position of debutant (or the custom title for patreon pledgers) and the pink cake thingy under the profile picture so it doesn't look too empty? And as the other users have suggested, adding a joined date or mood can help fill up the empty space as well.

Just a thought xD

Just a Thought.jpg

I have grown accustomed to "Debutant" and "Lumineux" etc., but I remember that I originally found these titles to be odd.

It might be a good idea to open up a "public" suggestion poll (or something similar) and make it known via the "announcement" feature at the top of the site. This way a large number of members would notice. This thread right here seems to be somewhat low-frequented. But I am sure the PULL members could get very creative with new titles.

Just my own two cents:

- Watson, Sherlock,...(basically titles that involve detective work etc.) or

- titles that are somewhat "cutesy" (cookie, cupcake, pie, cutie-pie...badummz) or

- titles that replace the current ones - in English (greenhorn, veteran, wizard...)

Posted

Really the only issue I have with the user ranks is that there's not more of them. IIRC there's only three, right? It'd be nice if there were more, because I find it fun seeing my rank change and looking at the rank images that others have, even if the rank images I see on other sites are just little metals or coloured dots. I like the current rank's names.

Posted

I have grown accustomed to "Debutant" and "Lumineux" etc., but I remember that I originally found these titles to be odd.

It might be a good idea to open up a "public" suggestion poll (or something similar) and make it known via the "announcement" feature at the top of the site. This way a large number of members would notice. This thread right here seems to be somewhat low-frequented. But I am sure the PULL members could get very creative with new titles.

Just my own two cents:

- Watson, Sherlock,...(basically titles that involve detective work etc.) or

- titles that are somewhat "cutesy" (cookie, cupcake, pie, cutie-pie...badummz) or

- titles that replace the current ones - in English (greenhorn, veteran, wizard...)

Yeah, I find it a little weird that the rules state everything posted on this site must be in English or have an English translation, but the ranks are in French...

My suggestions have more of a "sleuth" theme to them which I think would make more sense.

For first level: snitch, recruit, gossip. 

Second level: Spy, investigator, agent.

Third: Secret agent, detective, special agent.

Something like that!

Also, I've always been confused by the squares/cakes/whatever they are. I guess I'm thinking really simple here because I think magnifying glasses, or something spy related would work better and make more sense. Everything could still be pastel and cute if changing the cakes to something else. I find the color scheme relaxing, but something more neutral would be nice too... well those are my suggestions. Hopefully it made sense ;) 

Posted

Yeah, I find it a little weird that the rules state everything posted on this site must be in English or have an English translation, but the ranks are in French...

We the admins did not come up with these French names to begin with. People need to understand that we are new admins so anything old that you're used to did not come from us. The English rule is new, the titles are old from the old admins. We are amidst rebranding and hence why we are considering the feedback left in this thread. Hope that helps clarify. 

Posted

Changing the ranking titles isn't something we have sought to change right away as there were more pressing issues when we first took over as a staff. That being said, I am not opposed to changes to the ranking titles. I suppose we forgot about it since most of the staff doesn't have the normal ranking on their user information. I'll add it to our suggestion list and see what @Nyx can do about it. We are due for a change and something detective themed is fitting. :alpacacrush: Thank you @Biscuit for explaining the backstory ~