Kanadajin3 Twitter

2591 posts in this topic

Posted

That is...absolutely incorrect. I mean fully and without restriction. First and foremost the Quaran preaches literacy in favor of reading and understanding holy texts on your own. Secondly, the only people who discourage women from learning are hyper extremists or people who live in the deep, deep, DEEP backcountry where child brides still exist. 

The modern standard for a muslim woman is a college education and a career related to that education. In fact, it's become a major point of feminism in the Middle East that women are being expected to go to school, hold a career, raise kids, and take care of their husbands all at once, with minimal contribution from the husband. In countries where Islam is the primary religion women are actually the higher percentage of college students in almost every region. 

I know this isn't particularly related to Mira, but I really really am not here for her shitty attitudes and behaviors to support bad stereotypes. If I need to edit my comment under a cut, please let me know. 

I really hate to derail this thread to rant, but this is incorrect. I could refute each point, but as an example, let us examine if your claim that "countries where Islam is the primary religion women are actually the higher percentage of college students in almost every region" is correct. Please note the global trends in adjusted gender parity index for tertiary gross enrollment. While it can be seen that the enrollment of women in tertiary education is increasing as a whole across the globe, it is factually incorrect to say that muslim countries have the highest percentage of female college students.

Back to Mira, as I have said before, it is a wonderful thing to further one's education. However, I sincerely doubt that she will be able to admit that she does not know everything in life and complete the studies necessary to pass the examination. As seen by her lecturing someone on how to pass the driver's license exam when she has not passed the test (and many other examples such as her lecturing muslims about Islam), she seems to need to be the expert on all things (e.g., all topics related to Islam and Japan). We have all seen that she tends to obtain cursory knowledge about a topic and then proceed to lecture others. In short, she is the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

unesco-education3.jpg

Posted

5a2edbb261a01__(141).thumb.png.182c5c0695a2edb972464a__(140).thumb.png.afa994e2f

Translation

A: My husband is switching over from a foreign licence but keeps failing the practical test multiple times and I wonder what to do. Should he go over the rules again to regain his confidence???

Miranda: He should practice at the driving school. I think the reason for failing is due to the "lack of safety check". There's an order to do the check and even if you drive correctly, you can fail if you don't do the safety check. 

Miranda: To put it simply  1. Check everything before entering the vehicle.  2. Check the back before closing the door. 3. After entering, check the mirrors and the break. 4. Check three times before exiting the lane. 5. Check three times when entering a different lane or making a turn. 6. When the vehicle is at a stop, check the mirror.

A: Thank you for the thorough explanation! I do not have a licence myself so this information is very helpful. 

ummm..... didn't Miranda just mentioned in one of her live stream that she doesn't have a licence? She even talked about how she failed her driving test 3 times in Canada and she never bothered to take the test in Japan because of the "opposite driving lane". Also, the info Miranda gave to the person is wrong.... I just hate how she's talking out of her ass....

omg... three times for everything? Also how is she assuming what he is failing? They should.. tell you right? Where you lost points? I've never heard anything like what she is saying before. And yes, she did say that... I don't know how you fail 3 times, it's pretty easy in Canada... 

Also it's like... if she doesn't know a word she just puts it into katakana? She sounds super new at Japanese (ex even チェック > 確認 ). 

Posted (edited)

I really hate to derail this thread to rant, but this is incorrect. I could refute each point, but as an example, let us examine if your claim that "countries where Islam is the primary religion women are actually the higher percentage of college students in almost every region" is correct. Please note the global trends in adjusted gender parity index for tertiary gross enrollment. While it can be seen that the enrollment of women in tertiary education is increasing as a whole across the globe, it is factually incorrect to say that muslim countries have the highest percentage of female college students.

Back to Mira, as I have said before, it is a wonderful thing to further one's education. However, I sincerely doubt that she will be able to admit that she does not know everything in life and complete the studies necessary to pass the examination. As seen by her lecturing someone on how to pass the driver's license exam when she has not passed the test (and many other examples such as her lecturing muslims about Islam), she seems to need to be the expert on all things (e.g., all topics related to Islam and Japan). We have all seen that she tends to obtain cursory knowledge about a topic and then proceed to lecture others. In short, she is the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

unesco-education3.jpg

Sorry to jump in, but they didn't say that Muslim countries have the highest percentage of female students in higher education overall, but that WITHIN Muslim countries, most regions WITHIN THOSE MUSLIM COUNTRIES have a higher female to male student ratio. So, for example, in predominantly Muslim countries such as Malaysia, Libya, and Jordan, over 50% of the student population is female. That's what they meant.  Let's read each other's comments more carefully please.  Or better yet, let's not use other people's comments as a jumping board to bash Islam? I'm sure this board has already alienated Muslim users, and I'm starting to lose interest even as a non-Muslim. I come here for the gossip, not Fox News-esque commentary.

Now, let's get the topic back on Mira, and I'll get back to lurking.  (Even though I'm now guilty of going on a non-Mira tangent, dang it.)

Edited by livefromearth

Posted

what an unfortunate filter ..... O.oOpera_Snapshot_2017-12-12_191031_www.ins

Posted

Macaulay-Culkin-Screem-Scared.gif

Posted

Marty_Im_Scared.thumb.jpg.8e9985112066a4

Posted

tenor.gif

Posted

It seems like our friend Mira hasn't posted a new video on her main channel for three weeks now.

Did she finally realize that her subs aren't going to come back? 

giphy.gif

Posted

For three weeks on a video for her main channel, it's been even longer for a video that's relevant to Japan, like I don't even remember what the last Japan video was. Did she use up all her pre-recorded material already?

And what is up with that filter?! Some janky looking teeth there...

Posted (edited)

For three weeks on a video for her main channel, it's been even longer for a video that's relevant to Japan, like I don't even remember what the last Japan video was. Did she use up all her pre-recorded material already?

And what is up with that filter?! Some janky looking teeth there...

When I watched her live she said she has a lot of footage and she was gonna edit it maybe shes just lazy? 

Mira I thought you cant afford LV anymoreOpera_Snapshot_2017-12-13_153545_www.ins

Edited by LanseraZg

Posted

When I watched her live she said she has a lot of footage and she was gonna edit it maybe shes just lazy? 

Hidden Content

SHe's been saying that for years.  "I have 200+ hours of footage that I need to edit" that never shows up.  She's lazy and says that to try and make herself look like she's "super busy"