• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

We need more ROOSTERS .... for this hen house ..

50 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title states, and I believe ( maybe some agree and some don't ) we need to attract some more male counter parts for this site. I know a lot of people like how things are running currently and sometimes change is, well, terrifying and hard to accept. This isn't really going to be just about wanting more male members in the site but sort of wanting to change a few things and perceptions. ( sorry for the click bait .. ;) ) 

* clears throat * 

A) Theme & Organization 

Someone already briefed on this, but most because the brightness of the site hurts their eyes. I for one, think that a colour theme change could also make this place less feminine and girly and more "approachable" for men. Lets face, not many men like pink ... Or barbies .. Some neutral off tones that work for both sexes and more easy on the eyes. 

Woah, the threads on this site can make a girls head spin. Where to start, where to go, what was already made and what goes where ... I think some major cleaning is due ! There are alot of double posted threads where someone didn't know there was a preexisting thread of, and bluntly ... A LOT of really stupid topics .. I hate to be that bitch that agrees with Lolcow,Vexx and Kiwi but some of the threads we have here are beyond fan girly and pointless ! The need to be removed ! Topics such as " where did her lenses come from" " where she buy that dress from" " dorky phases of V" should never have there own mini thread in a flakes topic. We have a "randoms chat thread" for a reason ... To talk about irrelevant or pointless matters that aren't really contributing to the subject at hand. 

SO WHAT ARE YOU REALLY SAYING/ASKING APPLECRUMBLE !

I want all pointless threads eradicated ! REMOVED ! Tossed to the curb and never brought back. Its confusing and complete over whelming especially for new comers. Its hard as is to find the right place to post, but even harder when its drowned out by senseless rabbling threads. 

Secondly to that ! I think certain threads should be locked, but not in a sense that you can't post in them,but more in a sense that only admins/mods and the sites current owner can create new threads in ie : Venus Angelic, Dakota, Kiki and all really huge popular threads that tend to get flooded with random new threads in them. 

Thirdly on organization ! New large thread should be made for new groups. Pull is growing, and doing so very quickly ! We have been getting a lot of media attention just this past year ! New groups I'd like to see : 

Youtubers : I know, I know that some flakes are youtubers too, but they are flakes more then anything ! But I've also noticed a lot of new threads about Youtube channels that people take interest in ... but lose because its drowned out by " is this girl pretty/ is she a flake " in the interesting persons thread. Even some that are put in the little snow flakes thread. I wouldn't mind seeing a separate major thread for people to post Youtubers in. 

Instagram Personalities  : Wah wah ??? WHYYYYYY !  Heres my thought, and hear me out on it ! I think the " interesting personalities section" should be turned into a open debate thread where you post who ever you want and from there its voted if they should be discussed in a major thread or die out. Along side that troublesum IG'ers could be moved into a special little thread of there own. 

Short break down of it all ! Make more major and easier to navigate threads for new types of online personalities and turn interesting personalities thread into a debating ground where most shit post and random poop threads about nobodies goes to be voted on if they're worth becoming a subject of their own or not. 

Woah ! That was quite the mouth full .... But sorry not sorry, I ain't fucking done ;) 

B) Voting/ranking system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It means I'm the mother fucking shit and you should fear me !!!! 

JUST KIDDING 

I'm going to go against what a lot of people secretly feel about this stupid system ... Nobody really wants to own up and say " I like feeling popular and loved and better then those ranked lower then me". And yupp, you guessed it ! at one point I felt that way too. Though it was more of a " It feels good to know people like my opinion and agree or genuinely like me". But the whole feel good thing has fucking DIED ! People have changed the meaning of voting from " silently disagreeing or agreeing" to " This means they hate me/ like me". On top of this, and this is coming from someone ranked high... New comers are partially terrified of those numbers and high rankers ... 

:( 

I want friends too ! Not just people who agree with me because they think I'm scary .... " Oh no a popular one didn't agree with me ! I must apologize privately .. " Sometimes I'm having a lovely convo and then I get the " I'm sorry, I'm sorry. " " I'm totally annoying you aren't I " just surprise bitch and shroom slap me out of no where. I'm always confused and lost when people pull out the random apologies for nothing... 

With all of this BULLSHIT going down with the voting system, I'm starting to see it negatively affect our community and making older members turn nose and leave ... New members sprouting fear and middle ground members left bickering and snapping at one another. I get it, most of us get it, you've worked hard for your ranking and hate seeing it go down... But it truly shouldn't matter. 

SOOOOOOO.. All in all I want the ranking system and voting system completely removed so people don't start hershey squirting everytime theres a disagreement that appears. At the end of the day the only ones you should ever fear are the Admins/Mods, but only if they catch you doing something naughty ... I just want everyone to feel equal and not so bloody afraid to be themselves or say whats truly on their minds. 

Its been a slice !!! So everyone stop being so crumby about things ~ 

( HAH, get it ! Cause I'm AppleCrumble ) 

- I'm so fucking late !!! D: Only an hour to run and grab groceries before work ... sekfnwp;ekfnqe;kfwnelkqfnelkfneq

Posted

I feel triggered. Because I am a lizard.

Posted

I too vote that I want more cock on this board. 

Posted

The forum could be a bit more gender neutral. I use the bannerless theme because the default one is too "girly" for me. 

Overall, I basically agree with the suggestions made. Especially the ones about reorganizing the subforums and removing the redundant threads. With new members making threads everywhere, it can get rather annoying to browse around. To add a suggestion regarding new threads: on 1.0 members had to have a certain amount of (non-spam) posts before they could start a thread. Maybe that could be reintroduced?

OT:

I feel triggered. Because I am a lizard.

Are you? Are you really?

Posted (edited)

My thoughts:

Honestly, the ratio of male to female users isn't really important, especially since the people posted about on this site generally have female audiences (apart from people like Jessica Nigri/boob girls), so people who find this site searching for dirt on snowflakes are therefore more likely to be female. What's important about the new users that this site attracts is the ratio of users who post constructively to users who shitpost in my opinion. I feel like a lot of shitposters have joined since PULL has gotten more exposure with the VenusAngelic drama and all the time following on from it.

One idea that you were eluding to actually really appeals to me. Building on from what you've said, I'd love to see a system like this in place:

1. User can create a thread in the snowflake/online personality section. It is locked to replies.

2. Other users can vote in a poll (that lasts maybe 24 hours or so) on whether the thread is relevant and should be unlocked for replies. Only people who have posted a certain number of times can vote. If the poll has a majority of "No", then the thread is deleted.

What this would do: It would deter people from self-posting, as they would have to create a multitute of accounts to upvote their own threads. It would also allow the user base to stop spam threads in their tracks so that the admin/mods don't have to spend time closing them.

Aside from that, I like the idea of having subforums of YouTubers and Instagram personalities. However, sometimes snowflakes are big on both platforms, so maybe instead of subforums, threads could be tagged with #YouTuber or #Instagrammer and there could be links to the results of these tags in the description of the Online Personalities subforum. That way, snowflakes who are big on both could appear in both tags.

I think the voting system should say, however I do think an etiquette post should go up to remind people about what they are voting on. For example, if someone is trolling, you can downvote. If someone's facts are wrong, you can downvote. If someone is posting information which is irrelevant to the discussion, you can downvote. However, you shouldn't necessarily downvote just because you disagree with somebody, or because they are insulting a snowflake.

One thing to think about is that if you're worried about being downvoted for posting something - why are you worried? Is it because its offensive or irrelevant? Maybe you shouldn't be posting it at all. If you are involved in constructive discussion, then you should never be worried about being downvoted. Voting helps separate the relevant information from the irrelevant if done correctly.

Honestly, I really enjoy my time on PULL, but I think the reason we've been seeing so many arguments on threads is not rooted at people disagreeing with eachother. Its people going OFF-TOPIC in discussions that allow arguments to happen. Debates should happen in debate threads and arguments should happen in private messages. Anybody arguing is breaking the rules and should be downvoted. I'm all for posting occasional memes of Margo or Pele, but having a heated discussion about what's offensive and what isn't just clogs up threads that are supposed to be for information sharing first and foremost.

We can gossip, we can have a laugh, but the base of PULL has always been to expose snowflakes by showing facts and receipts.

Quotes aren't working. :S

So just to affirm what @GrannyPanty said about new users needing a certain number of posts to be able to create threads -  this would improve things by 10000%. There have been a few spam threads that have been started which could be avoided.
Edited by Nami

Posted

Going to be very subtle about this but I want to be honest. Make the up/down vote System viewable for those who want to, and Invisible for the flowerpussies. Like the option to hide the signatures. 

As to the offtopic questioning about my lizard gender. Those who doubt are as cold as the scales in my crotch. Hisss. :douge:

Posted

@Nami  

Yes,yes ! 100% Yes. This site is in need of so much reorganizing. 

I still think having subforums for Youtbers/IG'ers would work because a lot of topics are popular but aren't snow flaky. Snow flakes are pretty unique and typically fit a pretty strict criteria, which means those that have a Youtube channel wouldn't be moved generally because their more then just a Youtuber. People such as Markiplier, PewDiePie, JKnew and other tubers that have appeared on the site would be easy access that don't fit the "snow flake title" but people still want to discuss them. 

IG'ers is a 50/50. I say that because typically Ig'ers are much closer to snow flakes then random Youtubers are. ( Their more vain ) 

I'm torn on the vote system. I'd love for people to stop being sensitive about it and use it properly ... But my patience is wearing thinner and thinner with each bloody complaint about someone being down voted. I think its more then just off topic arguments and sensitivity causing this system to erode. I still rather see it go so everyone feels rather naked, but equal. If people are breaking rules then fuck the voting system ! I'd rather report the comment so its happily removed then down vote it and take the risk of someone sensitive getting offended and adding onto to derailing. 

On another note but slightly similar to what was mentioned, I'd also love to see the sensitivity toned down. This site was never created to look out for Flakes feelings. I don't know why people get so hot and bothered when people say something that is potentially "mean" about a snow flake... being on this site I'm sure is upsetting enough for them let alone one random comment. People don't get put on this site to be worshiped or babied, and they most defo don't get put here to have their problems fixed for them. This is a discussion site that was originally for exposing turned to expose &opinion'd site where those can come freely to express what ever they can't freely elsewhere. Telling people to not have negative opinions or say in something is fucking ridiculous just because someone thinks " what if they read and get upset". 

There is appropriate levels to everything of course. People can be supportive but not fan girling, and people can criticize without going full blown malicious. 

Posted

The forum has always been "girly" but let's not forget John Doe who was one of the original admins is male.

as someone else pointed out I don't mind the upvote system, but some people don't seem to understand the downvote isn't a disagree button. It's for irrelevant information. I will admit I've downvoted things I disagree with but I think we should remind people that if you disagree with someone please resist the urge.

and bitch rant below

i feel like the issue is with new members are coming here bringing their faggotry because they don't know what PULL is. Notice how I said "faggotry." Yes, it's going to get downvoted because it triggers people.

ive gotten to the point that I give no fucks if anything I say triggers anyone. I have like -12 on some comments I've made. Literally because I no longer give any fucks. I've lost all patience for feeling responsible for everyone's feewwings and coddling. It's fucking ridiculous quite frankly.

At this rate I see a new influx of rules where we aren't allowed to say anything that "hurts feelings." Or not being allowed to say "whore" like PULL 1.0.

if any rules should be added it should be: get the fuck over yourself or gtfo.

the end.

Posted

@Ashtaroth Mm, yea. Sometimes it feels weird to think I'm dealing with woman my age.. I think on top of that people also think that Pulls purpose is to try and fix the snowflakes problems and that they HAVE TO read Pull and HAVE TO agree with whats said. 

I didn't mean using the vote system as a way to agree/disagree for trivial things, but more or less when you heavily disagree and are likely to turn it into an argument but possibly someone already said what you wanted to. I hate reading 6 comment essays about how that persons opinion is wrong and its like this... I'd rather people either zip it or use the vote system. ( People heavily disagree with Margo's buttplug : Azlab. I'd rather see down votes then endless arguing with him ) 

I get that Pull is very girl xD but its also starting to expand into different topics that may eventually attract the opposite sex. I'd also be lying if said I didn't care or didn't want more male opinions. ( Who knows it could calm some of these hens down to have more cocks around ) LOL, I miss JohnDoe ! and i'm a little salty that he left. ( Though I do understand that he didn't have the time .. :( )  

We don't need more men or have to have more in the site.... its more or less a desire to me  .. I deal with all woman at work, and all woman at home, and all woman in school .... Fuck I atleast want one place I can go where its unisex xD 

Posted

Maybe we could remove the banner? Because the first thing you see when you open the page are 6 girls. It might put some guys off, being all like 'oh look, girls, must be a girl Forum.'.  If I would open a forumpage with 6 penguins in the banner I would think it's a penguinforum. Or you should give the bannergirls bigger boobs.

Posted (edited)

Maybe we could remove the banner? Because the first thing you see when you open the page are 6 girls. It might put some guys off, being all like 'oh look, girls, must be a girl Forum.'.  If I would open a forumpage with 6 penguins in the banner I would think it's a penguinforum. Or you should give the bannergirls bigger boobs.

well tbh yanderedev calling PULL a "feminine kiwifarms" cracks me up til this very day. But I'm curious why we're trying to attract the opposite sex anyway? PULL's banners have always been all girls. At the very beginning PULL was made to track Kiki's bullshit before expanding to Kota, Valeria and Felice. 

But if we do opt to add a male to the banner, we should give yanderedev the the honor of being the first male on the banner.

Edited by Ashtaroth

Posted (edited)

Idk. I think I am giving suggestions for Applecrumble to attract more men. I think she needs someone to fiddle with her crumbs and fill up her pie. :harharplz:

Edited by Spoopy

Posted

Idk. I think I am giving suggestions for Applecrumble to attract more men. I think she needs someone to fiddle with her crumbs and fill up her pie. :harharplz:

LEAVE MY DUSTY CRUMBS ALONE !!! 

:rageplz:

Maybe your scaly crotch wouldn't be so cold if you had less Taco beef stuffed between it and more sausage ;) 

Posted

LEAVE MY DUSTY CRUMBS ALONE !!! 

:rageplz:

Maybe your scaly crotch wouldn't be so cold if you had less Taco beef stuffed between it and more sausage ;) 

I never mentioned they were dusty.. But now that you said it. Do they go poof when you... uhm.. ladyfart. :hurrplz:

Hehehe! I actually like both taco's and sausages. But I have commited my scales to the spitting cobra that providers me with food, and netflix.

Posted

I never mentioned they were dusty.. But now that you said it. Do they go poof when you... uhm.. ladyfart. :hurrplz:

Hehehe! I actually like both taco's and sausages. But I have commited my scales to the spitting cobra that providers me with food, and netflix.

Nah, my dust bunnies don't dance ~ 

Damn you must have the good Netflix to settle ... Canadian Netflix is trash :darth: