• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

163 posts in this topic

Posted

https://m.youtube.com/user/JustKiddingFilms

So Just Kidding Films is a YouTube channel with over 1 million followers.  Most of their followers are fedora wearing, "I hate feminism", "wow look at Geo's boobs" , keyboard warriors and lately they've been having a lot of problems handling them.  I think it's mainly due to their cilckbate titles. 

They honestly seem like a great group of people,  their comment section is just a sh*t show and I hate when the men act like men cannot be raped. 

I'm pretty sure that they are getting their own tv show soon on mtv too. 

They also have:

Jknews

Jkparty

Jkgaming

and then their own individual YouTubes. 

Posted (edited)

I love everyone of Jknews they all are very funny & seem like nice people, but yeah... the comment section is something else.

by

I hate when the men act like men cannot be raped. 

do you mean the men in the videos? or the comment section?

Edited by IchBinSassa
simplified quote so you would have a better understanding of what I was asking

Posted

Wow, finally a topic on them. 

I find their commentary pretty annoying and ignorant, but I'm sure that a lot of the young Asian American teen demographic finds it entertaining. sometimes it's a bit cringey to watch, but it could just be me. 

Posted

Wow, finally a topic on them. 

I find their commentary pretty annoying and ignorant, but I'm sure that a lot of the young Asian American teen demographic finds it entertaining. sometimes it's a bit cringey to watch, but it could just be me. 

Yeah, I used to watch their videos when I was younger but I realized that the things they said were ignorant and they're annoying.

Posted

Yeah, I used to watch their videos when I was younger but I realized that the things they said were ignorant and they're annoying.

^ You know who's great though? The Fung Bros. Ah they're so funny and cute, I love their videos

Posted (edited)

I love JK Films! To me it seems Geo is the only uneducated one. Joe is super smart and most of his offensive jokes are satire! I've been watching them for like 2 years. 

Edited by picklechip
typo

Posted

I really only watch the videos that have David So in them because he can be entertaining at times and something about him is sort of cute. Even though he says some problematic things occasionally I feel like he's more reasonable than the main JK people. Tiffany is a little ditzy but something about her is kind of endearing and I'd much rather listen to her read than Julia. 

Me too, of all the JKFilms people, I only follow and watch David So. So far, I find his opinion more compelling than the others, whether it's on JKFilms or his personal channel.

Posted

I love everyone of Jknews they all are very funny & seem like nice people, but yeah... the comment section is something else.

by

do you mean the men in the videos? or the comment section?

Both. I know the men on the show might be joking but it's getting to be pretty annoying.

Posted

Y'know what I find odd?
I remember them back from 2007, and they had videos where they were in deliberate black face!!
However, those videos are now gone, but yet the video of Bart imitating Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather(still in Black face) is available.
I haven't watched them in forever though, last video I laughed about was the *shit asian parents say
but other than that, I don't care for them

Posted

I guess I never realized the bad things about them. I only just watch JKnews for the most part.

I didn't really know anything about them, but now they're going on MTV? wow.

Posted

Julia is slow but adorable, and should find new friends.

Tiffany seems quite dumb but has a kind and caring heart. I think she means well.

Geo tries way too hard to be cool, and is hypocritical with her white people commentary as she is white herself, just Mestizo. But sometimes she has the voice of reason, whether she believes it or just wants to offer another viewpoint, I think that's fair.

Gina...what's the point of Gina? She's pretty, and her own videos aren't so bad, but she doesn't offer much.

I forget the other guests names.

David So is trouble sometimes but he has this kind of maturity, he is apparently a comedian so I feel he uses humor to make points sometimes. He also acts a little bit too much like a Korea expert, when he doesn't live there and it's based off his parents and his own bias.

The rest of the main guys are really idiotic meatheads with ignorant views, immature attitudes, and cockiness as if they're youtube channel is some huge company. Look at their site and how they try to spin it, as if it's something special. Tons of people do what they do. They also bring people in and throw them out as needed, especially after they dump them or they start asking for actual pay for their work. (The guy who edits seems decent, I like the edits. He doesn't appear in as many of the videos though.)

I also really hate how they complain over and over about perceived racial issues when every single video is full of stereotypes they perpetuate themselves for a quick laugh. They do it a lot about Asians, especially those actually living in Asia, when they are just Americans and are quite clueless. And they complain but are so quick to do Mexican stereotypes to Geo and Tiff, when Geo is just American too. Like they want to have their cake and eat it too. You can see why their extra commentary about "silly white people" is so aggravating, they are hypocritical and unprofessional.

One thing I noticed is that they gang up on each other and don't listen to each other, if someone knows about the topic they hold back because the others will attack. One time the girls made their points but because they disagreed with the guys, the guys literally went on a huge rant about slapping women or something. It's so screwed up, because their coworkers are their girlfriends yet they act like that, the dynamic is so weird.

Believe this or not guys but they are approaching or in their 30s....yeah.

Posted

I love JK Films! To me it seems Geo is the only uneducated one. Joe is super smart and most of his offensive jokes are satire! I've been watching them for like 2 years. 

I honestly have a very hard time believing Joe is just being satirical. Maybe it's his delivery or something but he just comes across as very ignorant and narrow minded (to me). You can be very smart while still being ignorant. Being knowledgeable about a wide scope of things can certainly help but there are so many stubborn, smart people who are trapped in their own little microcosm and are blissfully unaware of all the problems happening out in the real world. In the JKFilms world the only important things seem to be hot girls and McDonalds.

Posted

Julia is slow but adorable, and should find new friends.

Tiffany seems quite dumb but has a kind and caring heart. I think she means well.

Geo tries way too hard to be cool, and is hypocritical with her white people commentary as she is white herself, just Mestizo. But sometimes she has the voice of reason, whether she believes it or just wants to offer another viewpoint, I think that's fair.

Gina...what's the point of Gina? She's pretty, and her own videos aren't so bad, but she doesn't offer much.

I forget the other guests names.

David So is trouble sometimes but he has this kind of maturity, he is apparently a comedian so I feel he uses humor to make points sometimes. He also acts a little bit too much like a Korea expert, when he doesn't live there and it's based off his parents and his own bias.

The rest of the main guys are really idiotic meatheads with ignorant views, immature attitudes, and cockiness as if they're youtube channel is some huge company. Look at their site and how they try to spin it, as if it's something special. Tons of people do what they do. They also bring people in and throw them out as needed, especially after they dump them or they start asking for actual pay for their work. (The guy who edits seems decent, I like the edits. He doesn't appear in as many of the videos though.)

I also really hate how they complain over and over about perceived racial issues when every single video is full of stereotypes they perpetuate themselves for a quick laugh. They do it a lot about Asians, especially those actually living in Asia, when they are just Americans and are quite clueless. And they complain but are so quick to do Mexican stereotypes to Geo and Tiff, when Geo is just American too. Like they want to have their cake and eat it too. You can see why their extra commentary about "silly white people" is so aggravating, they are hypocritical and unprofessional.

One thing I noticed is that they gang up on each other and don't listen to each other, if someone knows about the topic they hold back because the others will attack. One time the girls made their points but because they disagreed with the guys, the guys literally went on a huge rant about slapping women or something. It's so screwed up, because their coworkers are their girlfriends yet they act like that, the dynamic is so weird.

Believe this or not guys but they are approaching or in their 30s....yeah.

I agree sooo much. The problem with the main guys is that they're only Asian when it's convenient. They use the fact that they're Asian to justify their shitty jokes that perpetuate Asian stereotypes. They go on about Asian culture like they're experts because of the bits and pieces they experienced that family gatherings and don't hesitate to get all up in arms about racism towards Asians when they themselves perpetuate stereotypes. 

I'm Asian American too so I understand that sometimes the line gets a little blurry. Growing up with both Asian and American influences can make it hard to find your identity. Injecting a little humor into our experiences with Asian immigrant parents is normal and sort of expected. But JKFilms took it too far at one point and it's not funny or okay anymore.

Side note, I can't stand Gina Darling. I remember watching that web show Roll Models a few years ago and her attitude is so annoying. She go go dances and she said something along the lines of "I would never do import modeling because that's what failed models do"... When she was on a show where all the other girls are import models. I also recall her trying to talk about how some girls are fake gamer girls but I can't remember 100% where I saw it. She was talking big about how she's soooo good at video games at some convention and some guy absolutely demolished her and she was really embarrassed. I just get the feeling that she's the type of girl who's like "I'm a sexy gamer and I love pretty girls" while she actually shames girls for a variety of things like import modeling (while she's a go go dancer) and being fake gamers (who is she to decide what a gamer is and isn't?) /rant

Posted (edited)

I don't have think that Tiffany is dumb but she can be a bit air headed and I think that she knows that.  Out of all the girls whenever it comes to an important topic about females she always makes the most sense and then the fedora fanboys start calling her an sjw and a dumb feminist.  

I always found Geo's behavior to be weird when Black people are mentioned. She sounds a bit strange like she's trying to avoid saying something. Which is funny because depending on where her family is from in Mexico she might have African ancestry due to the slave trade like Dominicans and Puerto Ricans do.  I hate when the guys gang up on her though it's hella annoying now. Also the fan boys need to chill out with the disgusting comments about her while shaming her for her breast implants. Although at some point she made fun of plastic surgery and later got it herself because apparently Bart likes bigger breast or something. 

They also don't really know about Black culture other then popular 2pac lyrics so when they speak on it I cringe and wanna scream.  I also didn't know about the Black face does someone have a screenshot or something?  David knows a lot though but the main crew... 

They barely even know their own history in America. In a recent video they were trying to say that Yellow wasn't a racist slur towards Asians and that only Asians use the term FOB. (Fresh of the Boat)  Only Tiffany's fiance knew a lot and even then he kept agreeing with the dumb stuff Joe and Bart were saying. 

I try to remind myself that they do come from a very ignorant/ghetto background.  But then I remember that I was born in the ghetto (Flint, Michigan although I haven't lived there in years)  and I'm NOTHING like them and start to get annoyed with them.  

They'll have to change in order to have their tv show.  

Joe also doesn't know what he's talking about 90% of the time and his fans act like he's Gandhi. 

Edited by CloudFairFF7