• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

860 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

what in the “I’m not racist my friend is black” is this?

I was trying to say like is too extreme to call him this or that when he has friends in the spectrum, not like his actions were right or anything. His behavior was obviously wrong, but I won't call him a nazi or a racist since I think they are kinda like strong words (in my perspective). I still think he is condescending af, he talks like he has better morals than anyone else after he apologized but he keeps screwing up in the same things. 

Edited by Panqueque

Posted (edited)

I was trying to say like is too extreme to call him this or that when he has friends in the spectrum, not like his actions were right or anything. His behavior was obviously wrong, but I won't call him a nazi or a racist since I think they are kinda like strong words (in my perspective). I still think he is condescending af, he talks like he has better morals than anyone else after he apologized but he keeps screwing up in the same things. 

That’d make his apologies no better than passing wind.

Edited by Marc

Posted

as a former fan, i'm just disappointed. ever since his actions just made everyone blow up against indians. stop the commentary poods, just fucking play your videogames and go.

Posted (edited)

Why is he always so vitriolic when it comes to Lilly Singh? There's always some scary, deep-seated hatred in his tone when he talks about her (he already posted a video years ago commenting on something she did, and I remember him being quite harsh). What's going on? Is it because she's a woman and successful? Lol I don't like using this argument, and I never do, but...he always goes full incel-mode on her.

Edited by thankyouforthemeows

Posted

Why is he always so vitriolic when it comes to Lilly Singh? There's always some scary, deep-seated hatred in his tone when he talks about her (he already posted a video years ago commenting on something she did, and I remember him being quite harsh). What's going on? Is it because she's a woman and successful? Lol I don't like using this argument, and I never do, but...he always goes full incel-mode on her.

honestly, to me he comes across as one of those super "anti-sjw" guys and unfortunately it appears that he sees her as a stereotypical "sjw". she's an lgbt+ woman of color and i don't follow her but it seems like her humor revolves around those parts of her life so of course that makes someone like felix who has a rotting brain go rabid. he probably sees her as an easy target to spew more bullshit about too and his racist/immature fans eat it up but yea wouldn't be surprised if it's because he's sexist too

honestly so tired of pubepie and/or his extreme fans showing up anywhere on my screen....

Posted

just to preface, my opinion is going to be biased because i am a fan of pewdiepie. not sure about what video it is that he made on lilly singh in the past, but if i were to make assumptions based on this tweet alone, it's probably about how lilly singh's talk show is honestly terrible, and her comedy centres ONLY around her identity as a bisexual woman of colour. think amy schumer, but instead of vaginas. there's nothing wrong with having a main theme in your comedy, but those are the only jokes that she makes. it's also widely recognised that her talk show is rubbish. i think it'd be informative to check out drew gooden's video about it if you're curious. just inserting my two cents!

https://youtu.be/lex6USTugUU

drew gooden's video^

Posted

honestly, to me he comes across as one of those super "anti-sjw" guys and unfortunately it appears that he sees her as a stereotypical "sjw". she's an lgbt+ woman of color and i don't follow her but it seems like her humor revolves around those parts of her life so of course that makes someone like felix who has a rotting brain go rabid. he probably sees her as an easy target to spew more bullshit about too and his racist/immature fans eat it up but yea wouldn't be surprised if it's because he's sexist too

honestly so tired of pubepie and/or his extreme fans showing up anywhere on my screen....

To be fair... Lily's late night show is really bad. I have watched first two episodes and the issue with her is that she doesn't make funny jokes and she uses the same 'joke style' and the same script all over again along with racist jokes. Even her 'interviews' didn't save this show because during interviews she only talked about herself instead of her own guests?!?! The part that made me feel really uncomfortable as a bisexual woman was that she would tell that she is bisexual at least 10 times during 5 minutes... :derp:

Superwoman(her)  was actually one of my first favorite Youtubers when I only began watching YouTube around 7 years ago. When I found out she decided to make her own show I got really happy, because it's such a huge opportunity for not just a youtuber, but also a woman. But oh boy... This show was a mistake.

Posted

To be fair... Lily's late night show is really bad. I have watched first two episodes and the issue with her is that she doesn't make funny jokes and she uses the same 'joke style' and the same script all over again along with racist jokes. Even her 'interviews' didn't save this show because during interviews she only talked about herself instead of her own guests?!?! The part that made me feel really uncomfortable as a bisexual woman was that she would tell that she is bisexual at least 10 times during 5 minutes... :derp:

Superwoman(her)  was actually one of my first favorite Youtubers when I only began watching YouTube around 7 years ago. When I found out she decided to make her own show I got really happy, because it's such a huge opportunity for not just a youtuber, but also a woman. But oh boy... This show was a mistake.

and those are all valid criticisms i'm sure (i'm not a fan of hers so i don't care for the show, only skimmed through a clip of the show and yea it seemed boring/unfunny) but my main issue is the way pubepie worded his tweet. like someone mentioned before, he only points out her sexuality and race to his already vile fan base, in my opinion that could easily be interpreted as a racist, anti-lgbt+ dog whistle to his more alt-right (ahem... nazi) followers. he could have easily worded it differently like "oh boy can't wait to hear her say the same joke again tonight" or something to that effect but nope.

he wants to be a commentary channel so bad but from what i've seen he offers no useful insight, just "uuurghh this thing cringe"

Posted

well to be fair as someone who is an lgbt woman of color i can say her humor is......very cringey. nothing wrong with white people jokes lord knows I love em but she says them too much and with it always falling flat it just.....yeah no. and she’s also just alienating a whole entire audience but people underestimate how much a person’s community (Lily’s being the Indian community) can hold a person up but that community so far as I can tell don’t care for her. they think we need white people for views lol no. 

Posted

Any thoughts on his supposed "break"? 

I give him eleven minutes.

Posted

well to be fair as someone who is an lgbt woman of color i can say her humor is......very cringey. nothing wrong with white people jokes lord knows I love em but she says them too much and with it always falling flat it just.....yeah no. and she’s also just alienating a whole entire audience but people underestimate how much a person’s community (Lily’s being the Indian community) can hold a person up but that community so far as I can tell don’t care for her. they think we need white people for views lol no. 

indian people don't like her, we think she's a bad example of how a comedian should be...

but felix makes it all about her race/sex/characteristics
instead of a good arguments, he just ad hominems the shit outta them

Posted (edited)

indian people don't like her, we think she's a bad example of how a comedian should be...

but felix makes it all about her race/sex/characteristics
instead of a good arguments, he just ad hominems the shit outta them

there is a difference betwhen the way Drew Gooden criticizes her and how Felix criticizes her.

Edited by FernandoPoo

Posted

Any thoughts on his supposed "break"? 

I give him eleven minutes.

Well if he's anything like all the other toxic Youtubers he'll be back after Christmas if he waits that long. 

Posted

Well if he's anything like all the other toxic Youtubers he'll be back after Christmas if he waits that long. 

he said he will go on a break sometime next year. he's still on youtube