• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

859 posts in this topic

Posted

To give you an example, the romani people in our country have the privilege of taking our money because of the government and what do they do with it? They waste is for booze. They don't work, they're just lazy and rude. We dislike them for a reason. I wouldn't even know that they are oppressed in other parts of the world if it wasn't for the internet.

If there's a rome that actually works and tries to provide for his/her family - then great! Most of us would have no problem with them. My mom has some friends from that minority and she doesn't care about their race because they're good people. My classmate from elementary school was a rome and he was okay (he just kicked me in the stomach in fourth grade lmao.) Altough I can't tell you much since I don't remember him very well.

When your ignorance hurts others, you're a bad person. And it's OK if you've learned and moved on from it. Pewdiepie's ignorance has helped create an atmosphere where people can do terrible things and then turn around and question their real motives. When the christ church shooter did what he did, people got tangled up in trying to clarify that it was "just a joke" to include the memes he did and to mention pewdiepie. Yeah, I guess he live-streamed it as a joke, too, and only killed those people for the lols and only talked so much about the great replacement for the upvotes and giggles. Jokes are OK. Racist jokes consistently punching down on a specific minority are not. They attract racists. You don't get to be surprised and shocked when psychopathic racists think you're on their side when your only bit is racism. There's nothing inherently wrong with jokes about Jewish people. There is something wrong when one of your favorite jokes center around a genocide. That's not edgy- it's uninspired and distasteful. 

Also, I don't want to be rude if English isn't your first language, but your paragraphs I've quoted about the Romani are racist. You're generalizing an entire group of people- one of the most persecuted groups in the world- as lazy and rude drunks. As a non-white person in the USA, I hear this exact stuff about black people, Mexicans, and Native Americans all the time. It's gross and wrong. I hear this all the time from Europeans about Romani people, too. "It's not racism, they're literally like that!" Have you really educated yourself on the Romani? They were also victims of the genocide that took place during WWII and it took until the 80s for Germany to even recognize that. Based on my research, it seems to me that they are a racial minority that has been in Europe for a very long time and is continuously pushed down because of their cultural differences. That's racism. Maybe instead of calling them drunks and misunderstanding their culture, you should try to understand their perspective. 

I’m gonna be murdered for this but I like pewdiepie as a black women I see people calling him racist or nazi and such but I don’t see it. I think he’s a little dumb, but I like his charity work and I can support anyone who has the power and influence to give back.

I will agree with you on that. His charity work has been pretty awesome (minus the recent nonsense with the ADL), from what I know about it. Though you do get big tax breaks for donating to charity, it's still great that he donates at all and it has probably made a great difference in many lives. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted

Off topic but I wish he would stop with the cringy jokes, one or two jokes are okay when they are well placed and are actually funny, but he just constantly makes them and ruins the atmosphere in his videos.

On the topic I recall people said countless times before here, but he really needs to either shut up and sit in his bubble like Marzia did while she was a youtuber or get a PR team. He neeeds to take a step back and actually think about the way he showcases his content and himself as a person and of course, to realise that he is being ignorant and to ACTUALLY change and not repeat his mistakes every 6 months as he does atm.

Posted

Pewdiepie is just a cheap, tacky, cut price FilthyFrank knock off, with none of the intelligence that Joji put into Frank. Felix actually reminds me of Einshine LOL. xD

Posted

I just miss his Amnesia days, man. He was at his peak when he played games and was involved in less drama just for more views.

Posted

Pewdiepie is just a cheap, tacky, cut price FilthyFrank knock off, with none of the intelligence that Joji put into Frank. Felix actually reminds me of Einshine LOL. xD

THAT's who PewdiePie reminded me of! He is like a a walmart version of Einshine and Einshine was already walmart version xD 

Posted (edited)

mean... the Scandi countries have some of the best education in the world, so Felix isn't ignorant by any means. He's either racist or using racism for views, and they both have terrible implications for his personality.

As for his 'end the sub to Pewdiepie meme', if he did make a video on that then it's a hollow gesture. He's had so many race related scandals that it's very obvious that anything he's said is to maintain his 'plausible deniability' facade. People can't call him a racist if he says he's not a racist, right?! Yea well, his actions really beg to differ.

I also would really advise anyone thinking Felix's charity work makes him a good person to rethink. Just because someone does good things occasionally doesn't mean they're a good person. Literally just look at his track record for anti-semitism and his significant alt-right fan base. He's used by the alt right for a reason. His racism is casual enough that it gets excused by a lot of main stream media but the alt-right pick up on it and see him as a very good entry point for recruiting new members, especially teenagers. He's just like JK Rowling in that regard; she's given millions to charity but recently revealed herself to be a TERF and a transmisogynist. It honestly doesn't matter what people do for charity, if they're discriminatory against a group of people, they're not a good person.

Hidden Content

Heres the thing, and very last sentence hits the nail on the head for my perspective of Pewdiepie. Primarily because being in management and in senior management in a corporate office, these things are widespread. Jew jokes are widespread. These are intelligent people. They're not members of the KKK. Many of them aren't even conservative or whatever -- we're in a liberal city and they support things like Trudeau and Bernie and Markel (not all of them, but the point is to underscore that they have no affiliations with anything). And yet the women jokes, the Asian jokes, the jew jokes, etc continue.

Because I personally know so many people like this, I think it's an important perspective to have, as I think most people who would call Pewds downright stupid, or call him an undercover Nazi, probably dont associate, to such a full extent, with people who would do the same things he does, because they dont feel the need to.

But that's where the perspective comes in.

Anyone who is friends with someone like him can recognize that, no, he's not a nazi sympathizer. No, hes not alt-right supportive or even excusing them. He really, truly, is just a 24/25 year old guy who makes jokes about things he shouldnt. Hes an adult, but anyone who is or has been 24/25 knows that you still have people everywhere who genuinely are navigating "adulthood" and dont feel like they truly are adults - this is important for the expectation of him that people have, especially people who think this trend is verifiable as him being supportive or excusing nazis, neo-nazis, or the alt right. And to people calling on him to stomp their bullshit out as much as possible: hes literally just one guy who probably wants to just ignore them because they're not worth his time because he doesnt associate with them, and he has his own life to live. He has openly disclosed his public statements not supporting them. I doubt he's going to spend as many waking hours as people want him to reeling himself in and scouring the internet, pulling neo-Nazi or alt-right references, because, really, that's illogical and inefficient.

That said, does it make it right or anything anyone I mentioned above says, right? Of course not. But you also have to be careful not to jump the gun and start flinging around ththe word alt-right or nazi, because when everyone is, no one is. The title loses its value and its purpose. It makes it easier for them to hide in plain sight and it heavily normalizes these things. Example: calling everyone that makes a remotely misogynistic comment an incel. It's lost its value. Hes obviously just stupid.

Edited by Avara
Words.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted

Pewdiepie's 29 (turning 30 this year) not 24/25. Vaush has made pretty good videos about him showing why it doesn't matter whether Felix is a Nazi, Nazi sympathizer or not - he's having the same effect. (Vaush's videos: It Doesn't Matter if Pewdiepie is Alt-Right  and   Pewdiepie's Dishonest Non-Apology is Trash

I believe this is completely understandable. In the grand scheme of the world, however, this comes from a place of naivete.

Posted

That said, does it make it right or anything anyone I mentioned above says, right? Of course not. But you also have to be careful not to jump the gun and start flinging around ththe word alt-right or nazi, because when everyone is, no one is. The title loses its value and its purpose. It makes it easier for them to hide in plain sight and it heavily normalizes these things. Example: calling everyone that makes a remotely misogynistic comment an incel. It's lost its value. Hes obviously just stupid.

The only people I've ever heard be upset about "racist" and "nazi" being thrown around too much are people like Richard Spencer, who is definitely a nazi. Moderns racists and nazis don't like the be referred to as that because nowadays, it's a bad thing, and people don't want to be bad. So, they're not fighting to keep non-whites out, they're fighting to keep their heritage safe. They're not fighting to take human rights away, they're fighting for egalitarianism with special concern for white people. I don't think these words are being thrown around stupidly. What else do you call someone who has done everything he's done? At what point would you agree that suspicion of him being an alt-right sympathizer or a racist is OK? Does he have to outright admit it? Because there are literal KKK members and leaders who have insisted that they're not racist, but I think it's safe to assume they are. As another user pointed out, it isn't even that relevant. What is relevant is the fact that the effect he leaves is the same. 

Posted

Wow. Thanks for posting these. It made me realize how I completely missed the point and failed to look at the big picture.

I apologize for my ignorance, next time hopefully I won't be defending other stupid people.

Can I just...applaud you? Seriously, I've been on this thread several times months ago and people were so determined to defend him that they wouldn't accept being wrong when faced with evidence. You're great. Seriously, this level of maturity is something you barely see these days.

Glad that this thread has taken a turn for the better.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai