• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

784 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think is ridiculous to think he is a Nazi,I don't defend his past but he always wanted to be like Filthy Frank and that's why he got too edgy. I find kinda stupid to think that he hates the jews or is racist when he has friends that are in that spectrum. He just need some time offline to reflect on the things he has done. Of course saying the n-word and the edgy jew jokes were terrible but I don't think he is the same as 3 years ago. Is a curse to be the number one, because no matter what he does, the tiniest mistake will take him down. I don't think is even that serious but he seriously needs to educate himself better because he always screws up by not being informed enough. The fact that he doesn't care enough bothers me but is still stupid people call him nazi rather than ignorant.

Edited by Panqueque

Posted

Honestly, I watch and enjoy his content. I didn't watch him back in the day so I completely missed that train. However, I do kinda like the shit posting, and him not giving a fuck but I gotta give him props for calling out bullshit on YouTube. I even bought his 100 mill merch. 

Posted (edited)

I think is ridiculous to think he is a Nazi,I don't defend his past but he always wanted to be like Filthy Frank and that's why he got too edgy. I find kinda stupid to think that he hates the jews or is racist when he has friends that are in that spectrum. He just need some time offline to reflect on the things he has done. Of course saying the n-word and the edgy jew jokes were terrible but I don't think he is the same as 3 years ago. Is a curse to be the number one, because no matter what he does, the tiniest mistake will take him down. I don't think is even that serious but he seriously needs to educate himself better because he always screws up by not being informed enough. The fact that he doesn't care enough bothers me but is still stupid people call him nazi rather than ignorant.

I wouldn’t call him a nazi or a straight up racist but nobody should defend his actions and even saying those things he said as a “joke” is not funny at all but really stupid. Other people would get “cancelled” immediately when doing the things Felix did but since he’s so popular, many people defend him and downplay the very obviously ignorant things he did or said. He’s just an asshole lol 

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

I wouldn’t call him a nazi or a straight up racist but nobody should defend his actions and even saying those things he said as a “joke” is not funny at all but really stupid. Other people would get “canceled” immediately when doing the things Felix did but since he’s so popular, many people defend him and downplay the very obviously ignorant things he did or said. He’s just an asshole lol 

He says always stupid shit, that is why I don't defend his past and I agree with you in that. He really is an asshole for not even try to educate himself which is why it bothers me so much since is not his first time. I think is unfair to compare Felix with other channels since he makes a mistake and is amplified by all the news sites but in the other hand other channels do the same and only gets called out by twitter. I still think he is pretty ignorant and deserved in the past being called out, but this particular situation is a stretch.

Posted

I think he's just using outrage marketing to keep his name in the media. He's knows what reaction he will get from saying the things he does will incite outage. He probably didn't intend to go this way in the past but at point he's figured that it's better for him to keep the good chunk of his fanbase and connections that leans towards the alt right than to alienate them. He knows he will always be protected by his fanbase and youtube will never drop him because he is among their biggest cashcows so he knows there's no real repercussions to his actions. The "jokes" he says isn't worth being outraged over at this point and if no one paid attention to the things he said, he wouldn't still be doing this.

Posted

At best he is naive about his actions. At the most likely he is a nazi sympathiser. At worst he's an active member of the alt-right.

The fact that he:

- paid 2 Indians guys to hold up a sign that said death to all Jews

- dropped the N word on stream

- chose a Jewish charity ("without doing research" I highly doubt this) and then retracted his donation when the alt right portion of his fan base became vocally opposed, didn't clarify that he was going to pick another Jewish charity, and the ADL (the charity in question) only heard of his 'donation' when he retracted it

- wore clothing with a Georgian cross on it (which is looks exactly the same as the Nazi Iron Cross and if you didn't know shit about Georgian fashion you'd pretty easily pick it out as Nazi symbolism)

- was quoted by the NZ mass shooter, and then 'sub to pewdiepie' was graffitied at a school in the UK along with the Nazi swastika

And the thing about Pewdiepie? Everything he does can be put under plausible deniability. The 2 Indian guys he paid? Social experiment. Dropping the N word? Oh it was just 1 slip up. Retracting his donation to the ADL? Well they've got a lot of controversies. Iron Cross on his clothing? It's actually the obscure and completely unknown Georgian Cross! NZ mass shooter quoted him? Well everyone has bad fans right.

The problem is that all of these things have happened to the same person. It's not a coincidence when he keeps having the exact same race related scandals time after time. If he was really just an edgelord who did anything for the views, we wouldn't see a pattern like this. We'd honestly see him more in line with what the Paul brothers are doing.

He's nasty. And that's all there is to him.

And his fans like to play dumb every time he does something like the above especially on twitter asking 'what did he do wrong can someone tell me?'.

Posted

Pewdiepie: Jared and Holly can't be bad I met them twice they seemed fine and Jared made a video where he didn't address anything but 2 things out of the thousands against him hes fine!

TBH though I have many things that nag me about this dude

No one can deny the shooter at Christ church said "Sub to pewdiepie"  no one can deny it was super driven by alt-right and neo-nazi bs. 

So why doesn't pewds try to actively combat that? Wouldn't he want to distance himself from that too? Why doesn't he try to make sure he never does anything associated with them? Why wouldn't he be calling form the top of the mountain to remove these types off youtube?  

Why didn't he call off the whole bs 'war' between him and T-series after the shooting? 

Why when he pulled his donation to the ADL(which they claim they never got a cent from him) did he not just give the money to a different organization that was similar?  Did he think a donation would suddenly fix everything?  

Why does anyone still watch him considering hes basically boring and there are so many others who are good? 

He's either too dumb to survive being a public figure at this point,is in denial,or is doing this shit on purpose for whatever reason. 

Posted

he just wants all the glory and none of the pain

Posted

I see people always using FilthyFrank as either a reference or a defense for Pewdiepie and it just reminds me of neoconservatives unironically identifying with Stephen Colbert's character when he was still doing the Colbert Report. Colbert was making fun of these people, and yet he did so so convincingly that the people he was making fun of... ended up liking him.

The thing is: 'Colbert' was a character, the people liking him were not.

That's the same with FilthyFrank: Frank was a character, but Pewdiepie is a real guy.

You're not supposed to like Frank, you're supposed to laugh at him and not with him. With Pewdiepie it's the exact opposite.

Posted (edited)

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted

I’m gonna be murdered for this but I like pewdiepie as a black women I see people calling him racist or nazi and such but I don’t see it. I think he’s a little dumb, but I like his charity work and I can support anyone who has the power and influence to give back.