• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

860 posts in this topic

Posted

Literally if you go on twitter it's mostly whiny alt-right types and even gab.com complaining at how dare people criticize Pewdiepie. He claims he didn't do enough research into ADL. But who the fuck just throws money at whatever charity this man does not deserve any fame being this much of an idiot. 

Not to mention the fact the Jacket he was wearing in video had the iron cross

EERuZGgWsAE5UHf.jpg

i saw this too!!! people are saying it's something else but the fact the he wore this for a video explaining why he doesn't want to donate to a Jewish organization feels very intentional..... it would be like wearing a the Buddhist symbol that looks like a swastika.... it just feels like he is doing it intentionally to provoke people (and then when they call him out he can he like "haha! it isn't that") HOWEVER, I have noooo idea how legit the claims are that it is even something different? Like it sure looks like an iron cross to me. ...

Posted

i saw this too!!! people are saying it's something else but the fact the he wore this for a video explaining why he doesn't want to donate to a Jewish organization feels very intentional..... it would be like wearing a the Buddhist symbol that looks like a swastika.... it just feels like he is doing it intentionally to provoke people (and then when they call him out he can he like "haha! it isn't that") HOWEVER, I have noooo idea how legit the claims are that it is even something different? Like it sure looks like an iron cross to me. ...

Pewdiepie is either in desperate need of a PR team to check every video he puts out because he's too dumb to do it himself or is desperate need of a reality check. 

Maybe both. 

Posted (edited)

Pewdiepie is either in desperate need of a PR team to check every video he puts out because he's too dumb to do it himself or is desperate need of a reality check. 

Maybe both. 

Hes not dumb

just an antisemite 

He's made it very clear where he stands. 

You don't delete a tweet like this and then pull your donation without taking a stance. (I thought his tweet didn't show any ownership over his actions but it still seemed like he was somewhat trying to look like less of a nazi....I saw right through it tho, and clearly he couldn't keep up the facade for even a day). 

PewDiePie-tweet-ADL.jpeg

Edited by Notsurewhattonamemyself

Posted

Hes not dumb

just an antisemite 

He's made it very clear where he stands. 

You don't delete a tweet like this and then pull your donation without taking a stance. (I thought his tweet didn't show any ownership over his actions but it still seemed like he was somewhat trying to look like less of a nazi....I saw right through it tho, and clearly he couldn't keep up the facade for even a day). 

PewDiePie-tweet-ADL.jpeg

You'd think He'd just stop but nope he keeps going with this. Keeps being worse and worse. 

Posted

I saw the twitter discussions about his "georgian cross" sweater and I had to come here and talk about it. There is literally no way he didn't know what he was doing by wearing a cross that looks almost *exactly* like an iron cross. He's banking on the fact that neutral people and supporters will argue it's technically a "georgian cross"!! As if he wasn't trying to send a purposeful message. 

Posted (edited)

They are legitimate claims. The outfit he's wearing is from a French clothing brand started by a Georgian designer who is also the creative director of Balenciaga. The script around the neck is Georgian for "Lord Have Mercy on Us". 

I can't speak on his intentions, but the iron cross (just like the swastika and even the Celtic cross) were appropriated by the Nazis and only slightly altered to make them somewhat distinct. I would have never looked at his shirt and thought "Nazi" because the swastika is the main symbol that comes to mind. The other ones I've seen from the Roman Empire and the Middle Ages. It is amazing how much Hitler, and the Neo Nazis after him, just altered the view of certain things.

Edited by andherflowers

Posted

Maybe he legit doesn't know about the cross? I'm also Swedish so we have similar backgrounds, and I honestly didn't know until 5 minutes ago when I read in this thread that it's supposedly a nazi symbol...? It's a very old symbol, it's on old runestones and stuff, it has NEVER been pointed out to me that it would in any way be associated with nazis. So idk honestly :alpacaworry:

Posted

I’m going to sound dumb but can someone explain why it is bad that he donated to this organization (ADL)? Like why would his fans be upset about it? And why he took the money back?

Posted

I’m going to sound dumb but can someone explain why it is bad that he donated to this organization (ADL)? Like why would his fans be upset about it? And why he took the money back?

ADL is an anti anti-semitic censorship organization. His fans are upset because he is already donating to a very wealthy organization, plus that same organization tried to completely take him down, influenced disney to cut colaboration with him.

Honey, the company he got sponsored by, told him to donate the money to the ADL, so it wasn't even his decision, and after the backlash he pulled back the money. 

I'll say it. PewdiePie should have been cancelled a long time ago. I never liked his "content" and understood why he was the "face" of Youtube. He always seemed to me a too edgy try hard. 

Then I suggest you buy a magic lamp, and get a genie to make all your wishes come true.

Posted (edited)

ADL is an anti anti-semitic censorship organization. His fans are upset because he is already donating to a very wealthy organization, plus that same organization tried to completely take him down, influenced disney to cut colaboration with him.

Honey, the company he got sponsored by, told him to donate the money to the ADL, so it wasn't even his decision, and after the backlash he pulled back the money. 

Why??? (And why did he listen?)

Edited by HeyHaHowYaDoin

Posted (edited)

Then I suggest you buy a magic lamp, and get a genie to make all your wishes come true.

No. His fans are upset because they are anti-Semitic

I will post this again, here are some examples of the backlash he got for donating to the ADL: 

https://m.imgur.com/a/s3DFQ1N

https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/d2e8hr/why_is_he_giving_money_to_the_adl_who_tried_to/

There are a lot more you can find if you just google but this should be somewhat enough.. This is typical, Jewish people control the Government, media, money, etc. (Also for those of you who don't know what tripple brackets are just look it up and you will really understand just how ugly this is). 

The ADL does not have a personal vendetta against PewDiePie. They are an organization who's purpose is to fight against antisemitism and hate speech, and PewDiePie's rhetoric sometimes falls into the category of things they are fighting against. That's it. Pewdiepies donation to them would have been symbolic, in that it would show he's trying to turn to a new path, but clearly, his anti-Semitic fans are more important.  

And this isn't to you specifically, but yes... We all know the iron cross and the Buddhist symbols are older than the Nazis. It doesn't change their intended use today. I'm definitely not offended if I walk into a Buddhist temple and see a "swastika" (yes I know it's the other way around). I've never seen an iron cross except in Nazi symbology, but it really doesn't matter (in this context). What I am saying is, that pewdiepie wore his jacket with the intended purpose of being an edgelord because it would provoke people.  

(Just want to add: I'm glad most people understand what hes doing now is totally wrong. But I wish he was called out for the disgusting things he said about Indian people too.)

Edited by Notsurewhattonamemyself

Posted (edited)

I have a friend who’s way too much into pewdiepie and excuses all his offenses no matter how many times he says or does something very obviously problematic. It really drives me crazy that no matter how often he says something racist (and you really can’t tell me that those are mere mistakes but a reveal of his true character) his fans will see NOTHING wrong with it. That friend thinks Felix is being “targeted” because he’s white and blue-eyed, not because he has a shitty personality and has an obvious bias. I also noticed that most fans will try to defend his racist remarks by saying that they also say racially insensitive things from time to time but what they don’t realize is that it’s HORRIFYING how casually he said the n-word (which honestly only happens when you use this word on a regular basis) and thinks making a 2-minute apology video would suffice when Laure Lee got torn apart for her 5-minute apology video lmfao 

Edited by overripeavocado