• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

745 posts in this topic

Posted

this video feel like a cash grab to me, because the poor research and how felix didn't even enjoy keeping up with what happened. even keemstar make a better video than him. If he's didn't do much research or even enjoy it why did he make a video about it?

and i kinda get why some ppl call him 'misogynist'. It's clear he have bias towards women esp the one with makeup. though i don't think it's a problem bc everyone have bias towards something and that's okay.

Pewds completely missed the mark here, and as an outsider to the beauty community you can say he's excused but as a controversial Internet personality who whines about media not understanding the gaming community and the context of his multiple shit controversies he should've tried way harder to get into it. He did nothing to even understand why Tati and the entire community flipped out so much on JC, except "LUL beauty people are crazy - this is no big deal".

This was a long time coming with controversy after controversy from JC, with two-three just the past two weeks related to Coachella, Gage and Met Gala. JC is a toxic drain and we all know this. This was about way more than the stupid Halo/Sugarbear thing, but Pewd's misogynist streak comes out here when "WOMAN MAD ABOUT VITAMINS" is the entire thing he gets from the 43 minute video laying out JC's behaviour around Tati over the times. Tati did the right thing talking about how he affected HER and people around her, she can't talk about anything else because she doesn't have the receipts for them. It may mean little to Pewds, the vitamins broke the camel's back. He should've just read the damn megathreads on Reddit before making his commentary. 

Posted

this video feel like a cash grab to me, because the poor research and how felix didn't even enjoy keeping up with what happened. even keemstar make a better video than him. If he's didn't do much research or even enjoy it why did he make a video about it?

and i kinda get why some ppl call him 'misogynist'. It's clear he have bias towards women esp the one with makeup. though i don't think it's a problem bc everyone have bias towards something and that's okay.

Ah pewdiepie making a video about a subject which he knows nothing about and doing it for views,nothing new.

He could atleast do 10% on a subject ffs,he is so lazy and his content is trash.

It also seems like he is excusing james predatory behavior,but i bet if like for example if we swapped grayson with pewds,and james was clingy and creepy to pewds like that. Pewdiepie would make atleast 10 videos bashiNg james.

Posted

I swear it's as if Pewds almost doesn't want to understand the context, or all the details the situation is made up of. 

Example: Tati mentions Gabriel Zamora.

Pewdiepie: WhAt dOeS thAt mEaN i dOn'T uNDrERSTAND– God, why do I have to watch this–

Maybe it ain't that deep but it's still a little irritating when he throws these tantrums about not understanding the situation (even if it's a joke or whatever, I'm bitter lol). Shut up and keep watching the video, you can get a lot of information out of it despite being a complete outsider if you just pay attention and focus. If you have any common sense, you can fill in at least some blanks on your own, it's not that hard. Tati even mentions a couple of drama channels she's spoken to; watch their videos on the incident if you want more context, those can be helpful as well.

I'm a long-time subscriber of Pewds and I usually agree with his points when it comes to certain drama, but I can't stand it when he insists on making videos to voice out his opinion, yet you can so clearly see he doesn't give enough of a shit about the situation at hand to properly research it, or discuss about it. I get making these videos everyday is hard and gets tiring, but his fuck-all attitude about everything is starting to wear out my patience tbqh.

At the end of the day his choice is valid and I certainly can't stop him from doing what he wants. If he really wants to get his two cents in on some drama in a community he may not know enough about to be able to provide us with a solid argument, and even complain a bit about how this is so complex and why he has to watch so many videos, that's valid. Again, maybe I care too much about this and I should calm down, but that still doesn't mean I'm not going to think him a fool, and he's still going to get some criticism. Hope he'll just take the L quietly and that'll be the end of it. 

Posted

His commentary was unbearably condescending. Say again, who's making embarrassing and outrageous mistakes every now n then and heavily relies on reminding audience of the context to excuse himself? Who's now too lazy to grant other people the courtesy of checking the context of their drama to offer a fair feedback? But ok, gabriel zamora who, right?
I'm sure there's no 10:01min tea video explaining the background of this story for his busy majesty. 9_9

Posted

I agree, I wish he just didn't make this video and just stick to what he knows. I didn't understand tatis video either at first bc I knew nothing about their drama so I had to ask friends and watch tea videos, I was pretty much caught up in a day! It's not that hard... he doesn't need to talk about everything drama related just bc it's big and he needs to give a "youtubers perspective." There were like 1 or 2 points that made me rethink my thoughts but everything else I couldn't agree with. OT but this is also why I stopped watching h3h3s podcasts bc Ethan talks about so many topics he's uninformed on. Anyone can give their opinions just research and inform yourself more ugh

Posted

The video was really idk lazy. I get that Tati was kinda shady (?) and James was like toxic and everyone didn't care that much until Tati spoke. But how hard was to watch another video to be more informed(?). He had a lot of strong arguments but still like he could put more context into it. I know Tati is like the more decent BG out there, but still rub me the wrong way a lot things of her video. Is kinda good to Felix to say it wasn't for justice instead was for pettiness, but I WANT ARGUMENTS NOT I'M NOT INTERESTED ENOUGH TO RESEARCH PROPERLY LIKE C'MONNN 

Posted

I’ll be a bit more brutal than all of you but let’s be honest, Felix knew exactly what he was doing. I really liked him. But he knows what the drama is about. James is a predator and people are finally understanding this, what’s more to know? What’s to defend? During the whole video he made it appear like a tasteless drama in the beauty community, he focused on small details of Tati’s video to make her arguments sound petty, and made it appear like the reason why people are mad is a sugar bear hair ad. He watched the whole video so he KNOWS that James did so much worst. It really annoys me how he pretended he couldn’t understand a thing of what tati was saying (‘why not handle it privately?’ ‘This was all caused by this ad’). He acted like there was right and wrong in everyone, and we shouldn’t judge or “drag” James when he is a borderline sex offender, all of that to appear like he is on the higher ground, like he is a calm and wise figure that knows how to discern entropy from peace. 

The truth is Felix isn’t as down to earth as he’d like everyone to think, and he isn’t as intelligent as he wishes he was perceived. He is rather cocky to bring up Tati’s age when he is 28 and is getting involved in the same drama he despises. I sincerely can’t stand people who give their two cents of a situation they know nothing about. Either you get informed and act respectful (and not ‘bahhh so boring poor ME I have to watch THIS waaaa’) or you shut up. 

E5DCD14B-02B9-418D-9905-688747C1B15E.jpeg

1CFCB13C-18C1-4F90-9B5F-9E702F325BCC.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I usually lurk on here but I wanna put my 2cents on pewdiepies(whose videos I don't even watch). I think he's kind of right. This idea of cancel culture looks kind of dumb and useless. If Tati had problems with James why did she continue to befriend him if she knew he did all these shitty things? If people hated him so much why now cancel him? He has ALWAYS been problematic, after watching pewdie's video as an outsider looking, he sees the flaws of this saga of "canceling" James. To say "oh he needs to do research before commenting" and "watch some crappy tea spill channel before commenting" is a dumb argument. This is as bad as Jeffree who became Youtube's hero and 2 months from now James will hit a reset button and people will love him again.

Edited by liesellee
miss spelling

Posted (edited)

I'm European, actually and no, it's not typical lol wtf. I gather from your post that you're from Eastern Europe? Being Italian, I can tell you for a fact that it's not common among us Western (and Northern) European people to make light of the Holocaust. As I said, one thing is playing Cards Against Humanity with your friends, another is being a blond, blue-eyed guy from SWEDEN of all places (see spoiler to understand, it's shocking) cracking such jokes in front of millions of impressionable people AND oh-so-casually touching ALL the points that a specific niche appreciates. As Felix himself said: contest matters!

Hidden Content

"You can say what you want to say about the guy, but at the end of the day, after watching the pew news series you can tell he's interested in politics. He knows what's up, he's not ignorant, he's not stupid."

Oh, but I agree 100%. That's why I'm worried.

As for J.K. Rowling being a bit of a SJW, that doesn't change the fact that she was right about Felix. And that doesn't mean people should call her a bitch, in any case.

Sure, I need time to look for the videos, but here's his mother's post. Read all the comments and notice how some were more lenient because "she's Felix's mother, guys". https://www.instagram.com/p/BuzV2W4Fbxp/

EDIT: The spoiler messed everything up. I did my best to make it right.

As a Swede, I have to add that jokes similar to the ones PDP makes would not be accepted in majority of cases in Swedish society. Such jokes are mostly made by men flirting with, or part of right-wing communities and the "anti-PC" communities rampant among Swedish internet forums( like r/sweden or Reddit-like communities). Sweden is not the "political correct" "has no problem with racism or inequality" country some here seem to think, it has a widespread issue with populism and xenophobia, as do most European countries nowadays. Him being Swedish does not isolate him or excuse him from shitty, insensitive jokes and producing content flirting with internet communities linked to radicalizing young men. Swedish people are not ignorant about Jordan Peterson and the like, they are usually at least to some part up to date with American politics and popular culture, and Jordan Peterson was even on one of Sweden's most popular talk-shows "Skavlan". Him being the internet personality he is, would also make him more educated on who these right-wing personalities he followed are and how they are perceived by others.

And to add to the facts on forced strerilization: Sweden did not lift its law on the forced sterilization of trans people until 2013. If trans people wanted to juridically or medically reassign their sex, they had to, by law, be sterilized for the duration of 1972-2013. Sweden has a deeply flawed history when regarding the treatment of minorities, even if they mostly didn't take part in things like colonisation and slave-trade. (fun fact: jews weren't allowed to be part of the higher ranks in the Swedish army until 1951, and a lot of Swedish society sided with the Germans in the war)

Edited by chainsawcat

Posted

I usually lurk on here but I wanna put my 2cents on pewdiepies(whose videos I don't even watch). I think he's kind of right. This idea of cancel culture looks kind of dumb and useless. If Tati had problems with James why did she continue to befriend him if she knew he did all these shitty things? If people hated him so much why now cancel him? He has ALWAYS been problematic, after watching pewdie's video as an outsider looking, he sees the flaws of this saga of "canceling" James. To say "oh he needs to do research before commenting" and "watch some crappy tea spill channel before commenting" is a dumb argument. This is as bad as Jeffree who became Youtube's hero and 2 months from now James will hit a reset button and people will love him again.

At this point we can’t do anything anymore. If you don’t see anything wrong in someone using their money and power for sex (something that people didn’t know or at least didn’t think it was that bad), and people refusing to associate with them in response, something is wrong with you. This isn’t about being “cancelled” ffs, this is basic human ethics. 

Posted

I swear it's as if Pewds almost doesn't want to understand the context, or all the details the situation is made up of. 

Example: Tati mentions Gabriel Zamora.

Pewdiepie: WhAt dOeS thAt mEaN i dOn'T uNDrERSTAND– God, why do I have to watch this–

Maybe it ain't that deep but it's still a little irritating when he throws these tantrums about not understanding the situation (even if it's a joke or whatever, I'm bitter lol). Shut up and keep watching the video, you can get a lot of information out of it despite being a complete outsider if you just pay attention and focus. If you have any common sense, you can fill in at least some blanks on your own, it's not that hard. Tati even mentions a couple of drama channels she's spoken to; watch their videos on the incident if you want more context, those can be helpful as well.

I'm a long-time subscriber of Pewds and I usually agree with his points when it comes to certain drama, but I can't stand it when he insists on making videos to voice out his opinion, yet you can so clearly see he doesn't give enough of a shit about the situation at hand to properly research it, or discuss about it. I get making these videos everyday is hard and gets tiring, but his fuck-all attitude about everything is starting to wear out my patience tbqh.

At the end of the day his choice is valid and I certainly can't stop him from doing what he wants. If he really wants to get his two cents in on some drama in a community he may not know enough about to be able to provide us with a solid argument, and even complain a bit about how this is so complex and why he has to watch so many videos, that's valid. Again, maybe I care too much about this and I should calm down, but that still doesn't mean I'm not going to think him a fool, and he's still going to get some criticism. Hope he'll just take the L quietly and that'll be the end of it. 

As a guy who follows him, I stopped halfway this video because he clearly did not bother to get into it. It's clear as fuck that he pretty much just cashed in on the debacle for views and nothing else. When he goes Poppy Harlow/Gloria Borger I usually see it as him dumbing down the news for his underage followers, but it's clear that he didn't really bother trying here since I guess makeup isn't his jam.

Hell, Pyrocynical covered this drama better than he did, and was much more funnier doing so too.

Posted

All I know is I am just sick and tired of everyone forgiving PDP's shit behavior. Like so what if he is the top of YT? He needs to act like it and quit taking his status for granted. 

Posted

All I know is I am just sick and tired of everyone forgiving PDP's shit behavior. Like so what if he is the top of YT? He needs to act like it and quit taking his status for granted. 

I can't say I've ever seen him try and put more effort into his regular videos or try and slow down. I'm surprised he has so many fans, prior to now I only knew him as the exemplar of all that was wrong with youtube. Screeching into the mic about how hes gonna rape someone, just constant noise and commentary when none is needed. This video is pretty much more of the same, hot air about shit he doesn't need to talk about.

Posted

PewDiePie is trash and his popularity lets him be a terrible human being with an inflated ego. Let T-Series win, whatever, at least T-Series doesn't produce 13 year old edgelords who think that racist jokes are fun or try to minimise the gravity of a sexual predator's actions. 

Posted (edited)

At this point we can’t do anything anymore. If you don’t see anything wrong in someone using their money and power for sex (something that people didn’t know or at least didn’t think it was that bad), and people refusing to associate with them in response, something is wrong with you. This isn’t about being “cancelled” ffs, this is basic human ethics. 

did you even read what I wrote? I never said James gets a pass for his actions.  I said why this is blowing up now, James should’ve been “cancelled” a long time ago. If Tati actively ignored James antics while they were friends but now when he hurts her suddenly it’s time to expose him. People have all seen the red flags, yet go out and buy his palettes and go to fan meetings. My point is Tati and all of this James Charles drama looks suspicion and pewdiepie notices it like me. I still stand by saying cancel culture being useless because James could possibly recover from this like jeffree did. Which worries me. The 15 minutes of backlash wouldn’t last.

Edited by liesellee