• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

698 posts in this topic

Posted

I apologise in advance for the wall of text but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Please forgive me if I sound like I'm lecturing, I'm just sharing my knowledge on the topic. And I don't think that being naive is a fault or anything.

So, first of all there are different themes and aspects to Felix's videos that might look like they're not in relation with each other...but they are. The main example of that being his strong familiarity with incel culture, down to the extensive slang they use etc. Now, it's hard to associate Felix to incels: he's reasonably good looking, rich, (considered) funny, has a girlfriend. If anything, he represents all incels aspire to be. But what incels are actually about is a general view about the world (getting there in a sec), not just poor looks and basement-dweller lifestyle. A set of beliefs that encompasses not only the role of women in society, but also race and how it affects (according to them) your value as a person. Basically, it's safe to say that a huge chunk (let's say the majority) of incels at the very least is completely okay with white supremacism. If you've ever stumbled upon incel sites/subreddits/4chan/8chan you know what I'm talking about. Felix has extensive knowledge about it, and it's just not superficial knowledge, things you came to learn out of morbidy curiosity. He shares too many of the same views and nudges at that audience CONSTANTLY, except the casual viewer doesn't realise he does. Even by just visiting his subreddit, chances are most suscribers post on questionable subreddits as well. Premise: I'm not an SJW (just in case people want to use that argument against me) and I'm not a fan of everything the left say and does. I think with my own head and I'm guided by my own morals, but I don't condone discriminatory behavior.

Felix doesn't just merely attack feminists (like that time he laughed about women wanting to breastfeed in public and how he did not understand that - just an example). He doesn't simply call out "twitch thots". It's undeniable that he mostly focuses on women and he goes at it with a passion. I don't care if the target is a girl on Dr. Phil or Tana Mongeau or whatever. I'm just saying that, even if he "jokes" about men as well, it's always different when it's about women. There's a lot of body-shaming, and a lot of implying that women aren't that smart. Also, in case people haven't gotten it yet, the whole "respecc women" thing is not an actual encouragement to respect women (I swear there's people convinced of that). We could call it a "joke" if you want, a joke that got incredibly old and that appeals to a certain audience a bit too often. You know what's Felix for incels? It's a red-pilled based Chad. Even Marzia represents everything an incel would want for themselves: she gives off this "prude" vibe, never steals the spotlight to the man, her interests are very girly etc. (there's many things people got wrong about Marzia as well, but I'm trying to be soft on her on this thread because I don't want you guys to judge this post based on that...refer to her thread for more info). Women are objects to incels, they don't value their personality at all and they're not ashamed to say it. And if you rebel against it/have opinions you're suddenly labeled as a "bitch". And by the way, I can't believe how many people condoned Felix calling J. K. Rowling a "bitch" on video, only because she dared to point out that playing nazi is not funny, and not a "joke". But why am I surprised? Felix's fans insulted his own mother when she posted an empowering picture for women on her IG.

It's not a coincidence that incels are more often than not mild white supremacists at best. Even their slang reflects that, both as a way to judge women or even as self-hate. Example: "I'm an ethnicel, is it over for me? How can I lookmaxx despite my skin color?" And funnily enough, Indians are especially targeted. I mean, I'm not an idiot, there are many jokes at the expense of Indians like that one facebook meme "Hasan is not my best friend anymore" or something like that, but when you put two and two together you realise that Felix's are not isolated jokes, there's a pattern to it, and they appeal to that precise audience, the "spergs" on 4chan as you guys said ("spergs" is incredibly offensive by the way, even if it IS accurate to associate Asperger's syndrome with all of this in certain cases. But throwing around the term in such a derogatory way is not okay. Autism is no joke, and I doubt you go around calling people "downs" and getting a laugh out of it). Felix saw the opportunity with this whole T-series thing and took it. Doing collabs with Indians or posting apologies for damage control doesn't mean he's not aware of what his doing or at least he doesn't care about it. Incels love this kind of stuff because the perspective of redirecting their insecurities and shaming people for their ethnicity is very appealing to them, it's how they function.

Incel communities have increasingly become more extremist and focused on violence in recent years.[34][35][36] This has been attributed to various factors, including influence from overlapping online hate groups[2] and the rise of the alt-right and white supremacist groups. Antisemitic beliefs are also regularly found on incel forums, with some posters going so far as to blame the rise of feminism on a plot masterminded by Jews to weaken the West.

This brings me to another thing I wanted to discuss and that I feel has been misinterpreted: if you've ever heard about the whole symbolism behind Kekistan and Pepe, you need to know that some incel websites like Incelistan mirror that, reinforcing the association between the two. Also wanted to stress that yes, Pepe started out as an innocent meme, then was used as a mascot for voters of Donald Trump, but is now a proper white supremacist symbol, along with the Republic of Kekistan etc. People should put things into context, as Felix ironically reminds us. If the "coincidences" are so many that excusing him makes you look like a fool, maybe you should reconsider your "opinions".

In conclusion, I don't think Felix will ever go around shooting people or is even a hardcore neonazi. As I said, I think he does experience mild feelings of racial and gender superiority and more or less consciously uses his platform to "joke" about it. Which is wrong in itself, but the actual problem is that there are actual white supremacists out there who are more serious about it and connected the dots more than people on this thread ever did. Felix IS part of the problem, and by supporting him, even just because you're not very knowledgeable about this dark side of internet culture, you're contributing to it as well. I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt because he's apologised so many times that it's hard not to see that as damage control. And I wouldn't certainly state that "it's all jokes"! Jokes like this are for when you're playing Cards Against Humanity in the living room, not to be broadcasted to an audience that you're 100% aware of appealing to.

Posted

can you elaborate more on your thoughts on felix having some possibly racist views? also, him following (or used to?) people on twitter that harbor racist/harmful ideologies doesn’t sit right with me at all tbh

imo following certan people, good or bad, doesn't always mean you are in support with them. Sometimes following people on Twitter literally just means you want to keep up with their tweets and that's it. Especially Shapiro, he says the most hilariously dumbest things. I'm not saying this is possibly pewds mindset but it is an option. On Rogen's podcast, he hit a pretty good point about following certain people on Twitter which makes sense.

Posted (edited)

imo following certan people, good or bad, doesn't always mean you are in support with them. Sometimes following people on Twitter literally just means you want to keep up with their tweets and that's it. Especially Shapiro, he says the most hilariously dumbest things. I'm not saying this is possibly pewds mindset but it is an option. On Rogen's podcast, he hit a pretty good point about following certain people on Twitter which makes sense.

Again, it could be interpreted as something less serious IF that was the only suspicious thing he did. But there are like other 500 of them and they all point to a specific direction. He might not be literally Hitler, but he's inexcusable.

Edited by thankyouforthemeows

Posted

Again, it could be interpreted as something less serious IF that was the only suspicious thing he did. But there are like other 500 of them and they all point to a specific direction. He might not be literally Hitler, but he's inexcusable.

look, I've seen you multiple times on marzia's page and I read majority of what you wrote about pewds. I can tell you're very very veeery passionate about these two. I know nothing about marzia so I dont say anything but about pewdie, our views are different and I'd rather not debate about this between us bc I have no time reading your wall of texts. It's not that deep.

Posted (edited)

I can tell you're very very veeery passionate about these two.

Hmmm, are you trying to shame me because I post almost exclusively about them? I've barely posted on this site and there are people whose post count is thousands. Are Felix and Marzia untouchable or what? Also my reply to you was very polite and I was hoping to have some mature debate. And since...

I'd rather not debate about this between us bc I have no time reading your wall of texts. It's not that deep.

...I understand why I can't expect that from you. Maybe refrain from posting if people's walls of text annoy, I won't certainly stop posting because you don't like them. I quoted your recent post but it's also there for everyone to see, you know.

Posted

Ok, I've been out of this youtube drama all my life as I was only using youtube for music, but do you happen to have a summary?

Posted

I apologise in advance for the wall of text but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Please forgive me if I sound like I'm lecturing, I'm just sharing my knowledge on the topic. And I don't think that being naive is a fault or anything.

So, first of all there are different themes and aspects to Felix's videos that might look like they're not in relation with each other...but they are. The main example of that being his strong familiarity with incel culture, down to the extensive slang they use etc. Now, it's hard to associate Felix to incels: he's reasonably good looking, rich, (considered) funny, has a girlfriend. If anything, he represents all incels aspire to be. But what incels are actually about is a general view about the world (getting there in a sec), not just poor looks and basement-dweller lifestyle. A set of beliefs that encompasses not only the role of women in society, but also race and how it affects (according to them) your value as a person. Basically, it's safe to say that a huge chunk (let's say the majority) of incels at the very least is completely okay with white supremacism. If you've ever stumbled upon incel sites/subreddits/4chan/8chan you know what I'm talking about. Felix has extensive knowledge about it, and it's just not superficial knowledge, things you came to learn out of morbidy curiosity. He shares too many of the same views and nudges at that audience CONSTANTLY, except the casual viewer doesn't realise he does. Even by just visiting his subreddit, chances are most suscribers post on questionable subreddits as well. Premise: I'm not an SJW (just in case people want to use that argument against me) and I'm not a fan of everything the left say and does. I think with my own head and I'm guided by my own morals, but I don't condone discriminatory behavior.

Felix doesn't just merely attack feminists (like that time he laughed about women wanting to breastfeed in public and how he did not understand that - just an example). He doesn't simply call out "twitch thots". It's undeniable that he mostly focuses on women and he goes at it with a passion. I don't care if the target is a girl on Dr. Phil or Tana Mongeau or whatever. I'm just saying that, even if he "jokes" about men as well, it's always different when it's about women. There's a lot of body-shaming, and a lot of implying that women aren't that smart. Also, in case people haven't gotten it yet, the whole "respecc women" thing is not an actual encouragement to respect women (I swear there's people convinced of that). We could call it a "joke" if you want, a joke that got incredibly old and that appeals to a certain audience a bit too often. You know what's Felix for incels? It's a red-pilled based Chad. Even Marzia represents everything an incel would want for themselves: she gives off this "prude" vibe, never steals the spotlight to the man, her interests are very girly etc. (there's many things people got wrong about Marzia as well, but I'm trying to be soft on her on this thread because I don't want you guys to judge this post based on that...refer to her thread for more info). Women are objects to incels, they don't value their personality at all and they're not ashamed to say it. And if you rebel against it/have opinions you're suddenly labeled as a "bitch". And by the way, I can't believe how many people condoned Felix calling J. K. Rowling a "bitch" on video, only because she dared to point out that playing nazi is not funny, and not a "joke". But why am I surprised? Felix's fans insulted his own mother when she posted an empowering picture for women on her IG.

It's not a coincidence that incels are more often than not mild white supremacists at best. Even their slang reflects that, both as a way to judge women or even as self-hate. Example: "I'm an ethnicel, is it over for me? How can I lookmaxx despite my skin color?" And funnily enough, Indians are especially targeted. I mean, I'm not an idiot, there are many jokes at the expense of Indians like that one facebook meme "Hasan is not my best friend anymore" or something like that, but when you put two and two together you realise that Felix's are not isolated jokes, there's a pattern to it, and they appeal to that precise audience, the "spergs" on 4chan as you guys said ("spergs" is incredibly offensive by the way, even if it IS accurate to associate Asperger's syndrome with all of this in certain cases. But throwing around the term in such a derogatory way is not okay. Autism is no joke, and I doubt you go around calling people "downs" and getting a laugh out of it). Felix saw the opportunity with this whole T-series thing and took it. Doing collabs with Indians or posting apologies for damage control doesn't mean he's not aware of what his doing or at least he doesn't care about it. Incels love this kind of stuff because the perspective of redirecting their insecurities and shaming people for their ethnicity is very appealing to them, it's how they function.

Incel communities have increasingly become more extremist and focused on violence in recent years.[34][35][36] This has been attributed to various factors, including influence from overlapping online hate groups[2] and the rise of the alt-right and white supremacist groups. Antisemitic beliefs are also regularly found on incel forums, with some posters going so far as to blame the rise of feminism on a plot masterminded by Jews to weaken the West.

This brings me to another thing I wanted to discuss and that I feel has been misinterpreted: if you've ever heard about the whole symbolism behind Kekistan and Pepe, you need to know that some incel websites like Incelistan mirror that, reinforcing the association between the two. Also wanted to stress that yes, Pepe started out as an innocent meme, then was used as a mascot for voters of Donald Trump, but is now a proper white supremacist symbol, along with the Republic of Kekistan etc. People should put things into context, as Felix ironically reminds us. If the "coincidences" are so many that excusing him makes you look like a fool, maybe you should reconsider your "opinions".

In conclusion, I don't think Felix will ever go around shooting people or is even a hardcore neonazi. As I said, I think he does experience mild feelings of racial and gender superiority and more or less consciously uses his platform to "joke" about it. Which is wrong in itself, but the actual problem is that there are actual white supremacists out there who are more serious about it and connected the dots more than people on this thread ever did. Felix IS part of the problem, and by supporting him, even just because you're not very knowledgeable about this dark side of internet culture, you're contributing to it as well. I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt because he's apologised so many times that it's hard not to see that as damage control. And I wouldn't certainly state that "it's all jokes"! Jokes like this are for when you're playing Cards Against Humanity in the living room, not to be broadcasted to an audience that you're 100% aware of appealing to.

Can you show some receipts for some of this? I know you are just explaining stuff that most of us are already aware of, but some of the things you mentioned are things I've never seen PDP do, like the bodyshaming part. And the thing with his fans insulting his mother is also something I've never heard of, so if you do have screenshots or can link to somewhere that does then I would love to see it cuz thats fucked up.

Posted

Not trying to police this thread but I think people have forgotten the rule of no white knighting. If you support Felix okay that's fine but don't bring that in here. At PULL we can be honest about people and that includes pewdiepie. 

Posted

And by the way, I can't believe how many people condoned Felix calling J. K. Rowling a "bitch" on video, only because she dared to point out that playing nazi is not funny, and not a "joke". But why am I surprised? Felix's fans insulted his own mother when she posted an empowering picture for women on her IG.

The issue I think a decent amount of people have with J.K. Rowling is that she's trying to terribly adjust to "tumblr millenials". Trying to rewrite Hermione as a black amputee, when she literally wrote "Hermione's white face". People are tired of her. As an author she's valued and liked but she's worked extremely hard to destroy her reputation as a person. The political opinions, the "DuMbLeDoRe Is GaY uWu", there's a LOT of it. That's why people condone. Or at least don't care.

I'm not supporting Felix 100%. I like the guy. I don't really like Marzia. I ain't here to whiteknight him. He's done wrong, especially on the PUBG stream. Period. But what a lot of people, especially in North America don't realize is that he's a typical european bloke. His fucking military uniform and watching Hitler's speeches and making jokes revolving around it? It's typical. Has he pushed the Indian jokes over the top? Sure, he should've stopped a long time ago. But it's typical. This type of humour is common in Europe. Everyone knows someone who says stuff like this as a joke, some people laugh, some people tell it themselves. People aren't ignorant about nazis or racism - they just don't care. It's a stupid joke. Maybe it's different in Western Europe, but Eastern block does not give two shits about your jokes for example about black people, as long as you don't tell them in their face, or publicly, or start turning jokes into actions. 
You can say what you want to say about the guy, but at the end of the day, after watching the pew news series you can tell he's interested in politics. He knows what's up, he's not ignorant, he's not stupid. He knows when he really crosses the line and knows how flexible he can be with what he says. I don't think he's a white supremacist. Even a bit. Is he priviledged? Sure, a lot. But to call him racist or sexist or nazi, or anything like that is a reach in my opinion. 

Posted (edited)

But what a lot of people, especially in North America don't realize is that he's a typical european bloke. His fucking military uniform and watching Hitler's speeches and making jokes revolving around it? It's typical.

I'm European, actually and no, it's not typical lol wtf. I gather from your post that you're from Eastern Europe? Being Italian, I can tell you for a fact that it's not common among us Western (and Northern) European people to make light of the Holocaust. As I said, one thing is playing Cards Against Humanity with your friends, another is being a blond, blue-eyed guy from SWEDEN of all places (see spoiler to understand, it's shocking) cracking such jokes in front of millions of impressionable people AND oh-so-casually touching ALL the points that a specific niche appreciates. As Felix himself said: contest matters!

Swedish governments sterilised 60,000 women to rid Swedish society of "inferior" racial types and to encourage Aryan features. In Sweden, the sterilisations began in 1935, peaking in 1946 and were not stopped until 1976. Most of the victims were "inferior" or of "poor or mixed racial quality", meaning people with learning difficulties, those from poor families or those not of Nordic blood stock. Teenagers as young as 15 were sterilised, some without their parents' consent, for inadequacies as trivial as shortsightedness. Pressure was put on orphans and children in special schools and reformatories to have the operation as a condition of release. Pregnant women seeking abortions because their foetus was damaged were told they also had to consent to sterilisation.

Drawing comparisons between Sweden and Nazi Germany is like rubbing salt on a wound for many Swedes, who already feel shame about Sweden's neutrality during the Second World War and help offered by governments at the time to the German war effort.

"You can say what you want to say about the guy, but at the end of the day, after watching the pew news series you can tell he's interested in politics. He knows what's up, he's not ignorant, he's not stupid."

Oh, but I agree 100%. That's why I'm worried.

As for J.K. Rowling being a bit of a SJW, that doesn't change the fact that she was right about Felix. And that doesn't mean people should call her a bitch, in any case.

Sure, I need time to look for the videos, but here's his mother's post. Read all the comments and notice how some were more lenient because "she's Felix's mother, guys". https://www.instagram.com/p/BuzV2W4Fbxp/

EDIT: The spoiler messed everything up. I did my best to make it right.
I hate spoilers

Posted

I live in Europe as well and behavior and jokes like that are only typical within edgy teenagers circles. It really depends but just because something is normal, doesn't make it right. Besides Felix is a globalized figure on it internet he should know better and I feel like he already has become a lot better then how he was before. 

Posted (edited)

There are many instances of body-shaming in Felix's videos, but since I haven't watched every single video I'm only going to bring up some of those that stuck with me. I haven't rewatched the videos, sorry. 

He comments on this girl's weight at some point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5gbHSfbiK4

He suggest that since this other girl spends so much time getting ready she must be ugly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea2CnZ-Z_gI

There are more, such as that video where he mocks Tana Mongeau's lips (which is ironic since Marzia admitted getting fillers some time ago lol).

Posted

I'm European, actually and no, it's not typical lol wtf. I gather from your post that you're from Eastern Europe? Being Italian, I can tell you for a fact that it's not common among us Western (and Northern) European people to make light of the Holocaust. As I said, one thing is playing Cards Against Humanity with your friends, another is being a blond, blue-eyed guy from SWEDEN of all places (see spoiler to understand, it's shocking) cracking such jokes in front of millions of impressionable people AND oh-so-casually touching ALL the points that a specific niche appreciates. As Felix himself said: contest matters!

Yeah, I probably shouldn't say it's common/casual, because it sounds like we do it all the time lmao, but my Eastern European ass wanted to say that quite honestly no one bats an eye when you say edgy jokes on PDPs level. No one cares as long as you aren't racist/sexist/etc directly towards specific people. I may be really biased here, because I grew up with some really fucked up racist friends. 
Should he think 100 times before he does something publicly? Sure, but Felix quite frankly doesn't seem to care, he'll speak up against the shooter, the vandalism of WWII memorials, but I feel like in the end of the day dude just wants to make this type of content and not consider anyones opinion. As long as it doesn't harm everyone or as long as there are only words involved... You know, "you can turn off your computer". He won't care.

Quite honestly I don't know what's my opinion on his influence over his audience. When he bends to people's expectations he becomes so miserable, just look at 2014-2015 Pewds. It's either be miserable as hell, or have your Dr. Phil videos influence an idiot to shoot people. It's fucked up.

I live in Europe as well and behavior and jokes like that are only typical within edgy teenagers circles. It really depends but just because something is normal, doesn't make it right. Besides Felix is a globalized figure on it internet he should know better and I feel like he already has become a lot better then how he was before. 

I wasn't saying it's right, it's very much the opposite of right, but I feel that society just consents and doesn't care more than in America. 

Posted

this video feel like a cash grab to me, because the poor research and how felix didn't even enjoy keeping up with what happened. even keemstar make a better video than him. If he's didn't do much research or even enjoy it why did he make a video about it?

and i kinda get why some ppl call him 'misogynist'. It's clear he have bias towards women esp the one with makeup. though i don't think it's a problem bc everyone have bias towards something and that's okay.

Posted (edited)

Pewdiepie never seems to properly research for his videos and he just doesn't care, idk, I was just watching his video about projared and he said that he didn't care about the story because he didn't know "both sides", projared cheated on his wife with her friend, was sending nude pictures to minors, what else do you need to know? It seems like he can never take the woman's side. It's cool pewds, we get that you are marrying a woman child who bases her existence on stealing other people's creativity and is shallow as fuck, but not every woman out there is like that 

Edited by Ugh!