• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

698 posts in this topic

Posted

honest i couldn't help but feel sad. it's true that a lot of positivity was spread b/c of the meme, but the horrible few have killed it completely. thinking about pewds channel from the beginning, where he was just a dude screaming while playing videogames, and to see how he is now (not b/c of the memes, but all the controversy constantly surrounding his channel), its kind of depressing. i don't think he ever thought things would spiral out of control like this. 

props to felix for making a proper statement, but from this point on his actions still need to reflect his words. 

What you are saying is pretty interesting. It's true some people just evolve with time, and i think pewd wouldn't be here today if he was the same pewd as 9 years ago.. 

Posted

I'm glad he posted it. The subreddit is following his words and some people/fans organized a little "international pewdiepie day" for him so it's good timing for the fanbase to be positive and stuff. Call it cheesy, sure, but at least everyone is listening to what he wants. I noticed he teared up and his face got flushed talking about certain things in the video, like ah he was clearly affected by it. Anyway, good for him. I hope things will be better now! 

aww.thumb.png.9d0b6bea60a951b90c2bd1d2e1

Posted

I'm guessing the latest synagogue shooting was the final straw for him. The 19 year old shooter mentioned Felix in his manifesto too, but it's not getting that much attention since I'm guess the shooting was rather unsuccessful. The few worst of the bunch have taken something was supposed to be fun and just ruined it for everyone unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by pilea
Deleted since after receiving the downvote I realized it was a little too personal anecdote, and wasn't adding much to the discussion. Sorry about that!

Posted

The subscribe to Pewdiepie meme was really annoying and got old fast. All it did was inspire a bunch of immature kids to spam that all over the internet like it really mattered.

Posted

The subscribe to Pewdiepie meme was really annoying and got old fast. All it did was inspire a bunch of immature kids to spam that all over the internet like it really mattered.

I mean that t series deserved tho their fame. It's normal for the local folks to like local made stuff, good or bad.

Posted

honest i couldn't help but feel sad. it's true that a lot of positivity was spread b/c of the meme, but the horrible few have killed it completely. thinking about pewds channel from the beginning, where he was just a dude screaming while playing videogames, and to see how he is now (not b/c of the memes, but all the controversy constantly surrounding his channel), its kind of depressing. i don't think he ever thought things would spiral out of control like this. 

props to felix for making a proper statement, but from this point on his actions still need to reflect his words. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's finally made somewhat of a statement on these tragedies, but it's starting to piss me off that he won't outright come out and say "If you're a white supremacist/Nazi fan of mine, fuck off and unsubscribe." Like how hard can that be? You can have your opinions on whether or not Pewds is a Nazi himself, but I feel like we can all agree there are too many (more than zero is too many) white supremacists in his fanbase, and they're so toxic they've gone beyond making shitty unfunny memes in his comment sections to gunning people down in the streets out of hate. I don't understand why it's so hard for someone to tell Nazi's to fuck off if you don't stand behind their hateful ideology, especially since that's the biggest complaint most of the big YouTubers and just people in general that criticize Pewds have. It's not like he doesn't know he has Nazi fans either, since he has knowledge of the shootings and HAS to see some racist, hateful comments since he pins or hearts other comments he likes. He called off the fan that vandalized property in his name, why can't he do the same for his Nazi fans? I don't feel like we're asking too much here.

Posted

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's finally made somewhat of a statement on these tragedies, but it's starting to piss me off that he won't outright come out and say "If you're a white supremacist/Nazi fan of mine, fuck off and unsubscribe." Like how hard can that be? You can have your opinions on whether or not Pewds is a Nazi himself, but I feel like we can all agree there are too many (more than zero is too many) white supremacists in his fanbase, and they're so toxic they've gone beyond making shitty unfunny memes in his comment sections to gunning people down in the streets out of hate. I don't understand why it's so hard for someone to tell Nazi's to fuck off if you don't stand behind their hateful ideology, especially since that's the biggest complaint most of the big YouTubers and just people in general that criticize Pewds have. It's not like he doesn't know he has Nazi fans either, since he has knowledge of the shootings and HAS to see some racist, hateful comments since he pins or hearts other comments he likes. He called off the fan that vandalized property in his name, why can't he do the same for his Nazi fans? I don't feel like we're asking too much here.

but do you really think they're gonna just "fuck off" though? lol because i doubt that would make a difference :alpacaheadshake:

just because you tell a hater to fuck off, doesn't mean they'll actually go away. trolls will be trolls, scum will be scum

Posted

but do you really think they're gonna just "fuck off" though? lol because i doubt that would make a difference :alpacaheadshake:

just because you tell a hater to fuck off, doesn't mean they'll actually go away. trolls will be trolls, scum will be scum

Just because some people might not listen to you doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything at all. A lot of people didn't forgive him when he apologized for the "Kill all jews" joke; should he not have apologized at all then? It's not the result of your actions that matters, it's the principle. 

Also white supremacists and Nazis tend to be some of the most thin-skinned mofos that exist on this planet, so having their fav publicly admonish them would probably hurt their feelings enough to rage quit unsubscribe and send them crying into their hate-filled safe spaces lol

Posted

i thought he has said that in this videos before already? maybe he hasn't said 'Fuck off nazi scums' literally, but he has stated before 'for the record' that he is disgusted by people who carry racist/hateful views, that he doesn't share those views, and that he does not want to associate with those kinds of people. 

Posted

i thought he has said that in this videos before already? maybe he hasn't said 'Fuck off nazi scums' literally, but he has stated before 'for the record' that he is disgusted by people who carry racist/hateful views, that he doesn't share those views, and that he does not want to associate with those kinds of people. 

he did say that previously but not in those exact words, he said that he was disgusted with those people and their actions.

lol sorry for my sudden pop up, just wanted to confirm.

Posted

He said in his latest video regarding the second shooting that he isn't a racist, doesn't condone racism and doesn't want anything to do with racists (which is kinda rich considering he used to follow Ben Shapiro and Lauren Southern, two vehement racists who fear-mongered for "white genocide" on Twitter up until the first shooting), but imo that isn't enough. Being racist and being a Nazi are two entirely different things. There's a big difference between someone who hurls racist slurs or thinks racist thoughts because they think you're beneath them and someone who wants and takes measures to massacre an entire group of people just because of their race. Plus, a lot of racist people don't think they're racists because they're ignorant of the effects their words or thoughts might have on other people. They'll say things like "How is telling black people to stop acting suspicious if they don't wanna get pulled over or shot by cops racist?" or "How is 'Redskins' an offensive name for a team?" Telling people who genuinely don't think they're racist to "stop being racist" is pointless. Nazis and white supremacists tho, know what they are. There's no way someone could want an entire race to die without knowing what they are. They might dogwhistle and claim they're only white nationalists or "only want a white homeland" but don't be fooled; what they actually want is an ethnic cleansing. That's why he needs to come out and tell his Nazi subs to fuck off and unsubscribe. A lot of other smaller YouTubers already did this; why can't he, with a channel as big as his, do the same thing? It's not that hard. 

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

FYI, no nazi/racist person who has a job that relies on sponsorphips and a varied audience would ever admit to being a nazi/racist person. Only those who don't care about money and just want to spread propaganda do (and even then, they walk on eggshells because they would be kicked off of whatever site, shit is serious yo). I don't think that Felix is necessarily a nazi, I do think he harbors, more or less unconsciounsly some mildly racist/white supremacist thoughts, but he means no harm. Unfortunately actual nazis picked up on that and he should have stopped a long time ago already.

Also Sweden seems very liberal, but extremists there are VERY scary. Felix is nothing compared to them, of course, but as someone who follows world politics I can tell you that many of the points he touches reflect lines of thoughts that are very common among Swedish nazi sympathizers. Not saying he's necessarily one, again, but he certainly spends time thinking about those kind of things. It's very naive of people to say "oh, he said it was just a joke, so it was just a joke". People should read between the lines a bit more and maybe certain things wouldn't happen. Only give your support to who's 100% worth of your time. The shooters mentioning him is not just a coincidence, meme etc. It's undeniable that nazis like him, and they definitely didn't choose him at random. There's too much circlejerking going on here imo. Bit scary.

Posted

I don't think that Felix is necessarily a nazi, I do think he harbors, more or less unconsciounsly some mildly racist/white supremacist thoughts, but he means no harm. Unfortunately actual nazis picked up on that and he should have stopped a long time ago already.

can you elaborate more on your thoughts on felix having some possibly racist views? also, him following (or used to?) people on twitter that harbor racist/harmful ideologies doesn’t sit right with me at all tbh