• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

698 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The fact that you are even arguing about this is literally proof that the shooter was right and you are doing what he wants . He wants us to talk about this instead of thinking of the victims . By arguing, we are taking the focus on what it should be, finding ways to offer support, and putting it on something wrong, which is discussing his final cry for attention.  WE SHOULD ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS .

This is a pewdiepie thread, we can discuss pewdiepie all day long if we want to it doesn’t have anything to do with the shooter or the shooting. We are talking about his content in his pull thread. Why is it difficult to process that humans can discuss several topics? I donated to the victims, I gave them my support. If you want to offer support then go offer all the support you want. You’re on a gossip site commenting this on pewdiepie’s thread, I thought we all agreed that he doesn’t have anything to do with this? Why do his supporters keep insisting on bringing up the shooting?  

Also if being censored means not saying the nword when you’re live-streaming and not making anti-semitic jokes then im all for censoring. Edgy jokes are not just jokes, im not laughing when someone makes dog eating chink jokes. 

Edit: oh and if you don’t think ben shapiro is altright then I guess our claims about edgy jokes normalizing racism and altright is true.  

Edited by Agasshi

Posted (edited)

Edit: oh and if you don’t think ben sharpio is altright then I guess our claims about edgy jokes normalizing racism and altright is true.  

"people with extreme conservative views, including extreme views about race, who reject ordinary politics and use the internet to spread their opinions. Alt-right is an abbreviation for "alternative right":

Shapiro in my opinion doesn't fall into this definition of alt-right. His views don't contradict mainstream conservative views. I would say some of his views, for me, aren't agreeable but I can always see the reason why he thinks like that. Considering the amount of support he has in the public, he also doesn't fall in the category of extremists.

"someone who has beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable"  (cant get ride of those links)

I also don't understand how thinking Shapiro is not alt-right makes your claims about edgy jokes normalising racism true. (I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just nice to see other peoples views)

Edited by BloopGrass
Links

Posted (edited)

I also don't understand how thinking Shapiro is not alt-right makes your claims about edgy jokes normalising racism true. (I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just nice to see other peoples views)

ben shapiro is an altright who tweets his extreme views in a more digestive way. Apologies only work if you change you actions and don’t repeat our mistakes. Im not going to explain ben shapiro’s racism to you in a pewdiepie thread, go make a thread about him if you want to talk about him. This thread is about pewdiepie don’t derail it.

Unrelated to you, Pewdiepie also follows stephan molyneux who denies native american genocide while promoting the white genocide myth. Denying him being linked to the altright is silly to me, no one is forcing felix to follow bunch of neonazis on twitter, he does it willingly. It’s white knighty to defend him when he knows what exactly he’s doing with the content he puts out, he has been the biggest youtuber for years and has been putting out videos for years, he knows the best how his content affects his following, his fans do what he says and agree with him on everything like cult members. It’s the same in this thread, it’s shocking to his fans that the holy felix is criticised for following altright influencers on social media. I don’t really understand why people are being so defensive because this is a gossip site after all.

Edited by Agasshi

Posted

I'm actually baffled by people defending Pewds. I watched him for years and despite growing up in a highly bigoted right wing country I couldn't help but be disgusted with the sexist and racist undertone most of his videos carry. And we don't even see all - imagine how much was edited out. Felix's name wasn't accidentally used by the shooter. Pewds is subconsciously a bigot and attracts other bigots. I'm glad I unsubbed to him like a month ago. If I heard one more jab at women being thots or another shady racist subtext I'd probably barf from the overload. He made a jab at women in every video for months at a time. Not even just the one who copyrighted him, he did it at all and he always carried sexist sentiments. Not to mention the racist ones. Oh wow, he apologized. Guess what, he keeps doing same shit. Apologizing only works if you fix your behavior. Felix doesn't.

Posted

I'm actually baffled by people defending Pewds. I watched him for years and despite growing up in a highly bigoted right wing country I couldn't help but be disgusted with the sexist and racist undertone most of his videos carry. And we don't even see all - imagine how much was edited out. Felix's name wasn't accidentally used by the shooter. Pewds is subconsciously a bigot and attracts other bigots. I'm glad I unsubbed to him like a month ago. If I heard one more jab at women being thots or another shady racist subtext I'd probably barf from the overload. He made a jab at women in every video for months at a time. Not even just the one who copyrighted him, he did it at all and he always carried sexist sentiments. Not to mention the racist ones. Oh wow, he apologized. Guess what, he keeps doing same shit. Apologizing only works if you fix your behavior. Felix doesn't.

You state that you're "baffled" by people defending him on the current subject in this thread. Then you go on and talk about other things he is doing, which of course are not okay, but you are not focusing on what actually is going on. It does not make sense.

I'm 100% sure that PDP name was not used by the shooter because he is, apparently, a "bigot". It was used, because "Sub to Pewdiepie" is a wildly spread meme and the shooter is a fucking insane person that does not think straight and that wants the medias attention.

The first time I heard that his name was said by the shooter, I felt sick to my stomach. Can't you image how horrible it must be for him ? I know I would be fucking devastated.

Posted

The argument is getting way out of hand here. I think we can all agree on that PDP is not responsible nor has he encouraged this shit.

You can have whatever opinions you want on his humour and his fanbase, but I can say as someone who’s been to his subreddit many times that the community is far from being any alt-right. You guys keep mentioning Shapiro as some form of evidence, when everyone knows that guy is a joke and no one takes him seriously.

The shooter was motivated by 4chan and 8chan. That’s where he linked his stream and everything. He is using memes on purpose to make the media angry. Hate to say this but it’s disappointing to see you guys are falling for exactly what the shooter wanted.

What do you think about this?

Bv8c0Eh.jpg

Seems pretty racist to me. Or are you one to think it isn't because it's "just a joke." This is what the alt-right does, taking their racist and bigoted beliefs and displaying it under the guise of offensive humor. So that any criticism they receive can just be brushed off because "it's just a joke." It's the same type of humor Pewdiepie and most of his fanbase loves so much. And maybe from their perspective, they don't see it beyond jokes. But for some of those fans these jokes has a grain of truth in them. That these memes/jokes are actually a reflection of reality and the reason people are offended by it is because they hate the truth.

From that point, it becomes more than just memes/jokes. It becomes a rallying point for those who share those beliefs. Those who laugh are in the know. Those who don't are normies. It creates a cult-like circle from within Pewdiepie's fanbase. It is this circle that becomes susceptible to alt-right propaganda, done under the guise of irony and jokes, of course.

What Pewdiepie is responsible for is failing to recognize that offensive humor serves as a dog whistle for the alt-right. That he is creating an environment to allow these ideas to spread. That why people are saying he's a gateway to the alt-right. That's why there's renewed interest in Pewdiepie. Not just because the shooter mentioned him but because Pewdiepie already has a history in the media with these issues.

Posted (edited)

@SEAL

I see where you are coming from, PDP has a controversial history which has most likely attracted the wrong people. I already said before that I hope Felix will tone down on some of his edgy humour after this, and seeing that post is disappointing because I want to believe that his community is better than that. From what I've seen they are very respectful despite the edgy humour, and seeing that post is disappointing. 

Edited by FlakeReview
I messed up on quoting you, sorry bout that

Posted (edited)

@SEAL

I see where you are coming from, PDP has a controversial history which has most likely attracted the wrong people. I already said before that I hope Felix will tone down on some of his edgy humour after this, and seeing that post is disappointing because I want to believe that his community is better than that. From what I've seen they are very respectful despite the edgy humour, and seeing that post is disappointing. 

I agree with that. I don't believe all of PewDiePie's fanbase is bad. Hell, I've been part of it for a while. While some of them can be really annoying and just plain dumb, not of all them are bad.

If more of them were on the problematic side, we would be seeing more crimes linked to PewDiePie, considering he has almost 90 million subscribers. 

Edited by Cats999
words

Posted

Ariana Grande has a supposedly squeaky clean image, pro-feminism, always stating that everyone is equal no matter the gender, religion or race. Yet some psychopath came to her concert and bombed and killed 20+ people.

this is nitpicking af but they bombed her concert because they hated her since she isn't conservative and has inappropriate lyrics, so it really isn't the same

otheriwse i agree with you  

Posted (edited)

Ok big yikes

Everyone put aside their muh politics for a sec

The shooter included things like "video games taught me how to do this", "the right gave me these views",ect in his manifesto and then also used the whole "sub 2 pewdiepie". This is simply him wanting a reaction, so the media and public will pin it on everything that he stated, not him himself that committed the atrocity in the first place. And well, it's working and it's working pretty well (evidence by this thread). Keep in mind this dude is also a 8ch user so well versed in internet culture.

I'm not even a fan of pewdiepie but after watching a few of his videos to get an idea of what he says, if you actually think this *edgy* comments which honesty are pretty mundane and more on the sarcastic side compared to other commentary/meme youtubers are partially to blame for this god awful crime then get off the fucking internet you naive little lamb. 

(Edit)

Honestly, regardless of the YouTuber, if it was another that had an equally large following and a meme about that following I have no doubt that the shooter would have name dropped them too. This has nothing to do with pewdiepie but with the controversy to be stired up.

Edited by pyuki
Hehe

Posted

This is a pewdiepie thread, we can discuss pewdiepie all day long if we want to it doesn’t have anything to do with the shooter or the shooting. We are talking about his content in his pull thread. Why is it difficult to process that humans can discuss several topics? I donated to the victims, I gave them my support. If you want to offer support then go offer all the support you want. You’re on a gossip site commenting this on pewdiepie’s thread, I thought we all agreed that he doesn’t have anything to do with this? Why do his supporters keep insisting on bringing up the shooting?  

Also if being censored means not saying the nword when you’re live-streaming and not making anti-semitic jokes then im all for censoring. Edgy jokes are not just jokes, im not laughing when someone makes dog eating chink jokes. 

Edit: oh and if you don’t think ben shapiro is altright then I guess our claims about edgy jokes normalizing racism and altright is true.  

The alt right hates jews tho. Ben Shapiro is a jew. He might be a zionist, but he is not someone the alt right likes. 

Posted

Hidden Content

No worries about nitpicking, didn't know the bomber's motives actually.

Although I think my point still stands. Anything somebody famous does will somehow "trigger" a psychopath into doing something dangerous. If ISIS or whoever sent the guy to bomb the concert because Ariana is not modest enough for them (and it could've been any pop star honestly) then obviously it's 100% on the bad guys. Same with Pewds here. Celebrities/influencers can't really censor themselves just to not risk it.

Posted

The alt right hates jews tho. Ben Shapiro is a jew. He might be a zionist, but he is not someone the alt right likes. 

Again, this is not ben shapiro thread stop derailing it with ben shapiro when it’s unrelated to felix. 

And, again don’t bring up ariana as she’s not related to pewdiepie in any way or form. Stop derailing this thread with off topic comments, you can take it to the PM if you like to discuss ben shapiro or Ariana grande, or just go to their threads. Ben shapiro was mentioned as one of people linked to the altright related to pewdiepie, we are not going to discuss ben shapiro himself here. 

I don’t really understand why pewdiepie supporters on this thread insist on bringing up the shooting again and again when we are tying to discuss pewdiepie’s content. You were complaining about how he’s not related to the shooting and we all agreed, stop mentioning it. 

Posted

He uploaded LWIAY today. Last I checked the subreddit r/PewdiepieSubmissions was down. It was probably previously filmed.

Do you think Pewds will make a statement on video? Maybe he'll just be making his usual content, let the focus on him fade away?