• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

785 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

He has approximately 89 million people who still support him after those controversies 

He has casual fans everywhere defending him. even in this thread the majority appears sympathetic to him

And yes. he has racists on 8chan ready to defend him. he is not alone. a large amount of people are much more powerful than any agency

Well guess what, the more the media labels him as a nazi, more nazis will like him. 

Filthy Frank used to make horrendous racist edgy jokes, but the media never came for him because he never had 90million subs. 

Idubbz constantly drops the n word too and other slurs.

His name was not out there for the hate groups to see.

Edited by Diana Burnwood

Posted

Well guess what, the more the media labels him as a nazi, more nazis will like him. 

Filthy Frank used to make horrendous racist edgy jokes, but the media never came for him because he never had 90million subs. 

What the fuck are you on. his alt right audience came from his racism controversies and him following white supremacists on twitter not news articles

Nazis distrust media that isn't from their own group as well they'd probably say it's fake news or something 

Posted

Downplaying it as the "jew joke" and acting as if Disney unrightfully kicked him to the curb? He's being watched for a good reason and as a well known public figure of course he NEEDS to address these things. If he doesn't want people thinking he's a nazi/supporter maybe he shouldn't do  anti-semitic things? Apologies don't mean anything when every month you see a new controversy on something he did with his millions of fans claiming its a "joke".

No, stop putting words in my mouth please. 

The jew joke was a joke and Disney had every right to dump him. 

He has addressed them and he has been constantly. 

But if apology is not enough (and multiple charities) well, time to dust off my cross and crucify him right? 

You guys are so tolerant. 

Posted

But if apology is not enough (and multiple charities) well, time to dust off my cross and crucify him right? 

Criticizing someone's behavior is crucifying them now? why are you sensitive and hostile to critiques that aren't even directed at you? 

The person you quoted even addressed a point you made. he has repeat offenses and he follows white supremacists. people are allowed to not buy his apologies

Posted

This Whataboutism isn't solving anything either, but just in case you missed it, Filthy Frank and idubbz were heavily criticized for their actions. Of course someone with a bigger following will get more backlash, the actions of someone with 1 million followers won't have as large an impact as those of someone with 10 million followers, it's proportional, that's just logical? Not sure what you're even trying to say with that. 

Posted

He shouldn't need to be constantly addressing his controversial events if he just at least tried to stop doing controversial things. An apology is not enough when someone with 90 million impressionable followers and a very problematic past continues to keep up this behavior. Do you understand how serious this current event is? 40+ people are dead with the killer mentioning him by name. He specifically was targeted because his community and himself have a reputation for having very toxic ideologies. If he was completely blame free then there would not have been such a large backlash of the killer mentioning him. He needs to start actively letting his community know these things arent okay considering how much he joked about it in the past and therefore making his fanbase believe that being racist/etc was okay as long as you said it was a joke.

Posted

Oh boy, finger pointing! Don't you just love it when someone points fingers not at the perpetrator, but at the excuse?

Posted (edited)

Alright, throw in the downvotes, I could not care less.

Pewdiepie isn't a nazi, or you've never met one. He's an edgy adult making edgy jokes for his edgy fanbase. You like it?  You don't like it? Who cares! He's being offensive, but nowhere, NOWHERE, did he ever call for violence.

I'm fucking sick of people like you. I'm an African living in Europe, and trust me I can assure you that I've faced racism first hand. Like, burning your car and beating you and the police does nothing type of racism. And compared to that, I promise you that Pewdiepie is NOTHING of everything you're talking about. He said the n-word accidentally while playing a video game? He made a parody of Hitler? Oh wow, that is how radicalisation works. Now we are all terrorists.

Having your name associated to someone who went on a mass murder is PTSD inducing. It's not "omg i have money so i don't care lmao im only all about youtube views." You guys are the type of people to comment on every celebrity's post that money is nothing, but as soon as something bad happens to them "oh it's ok cause they have money." Some people feel genuinely horrified and shocked by WATCHING THE VIDEO ALONE. And now you fucking morons are trying to tell me that having your name associated to a murder that took away innocent's people's lives isn't going to hurt his mental health? Are you actually kidding me? "Oops, well. Maybe this guy actually took my offensive jokes for real and decided killing people on my name was a good thing. Whatever. Off to sleep we go!" You absolutely disgust me lmao; Anyone would be going to a therapist after that. ANYONE. But now that this person has subscribers suddenly they don't matter? Suddenly all their feelings are gone, and nothing is left?

What in the actual hell am I reading; this forum is all about calling out people. People, who, because they live in a metaphysical bubble online think they are superior to others; Who think they are above all of us, who lie and manipulate people to keep this bubble getting thicker. This forum is about calling these people out that we are all humans, we are all flawed, and just because you have a higher number of views or subs than the next person doesn't make you some sort of deity.

Oh but suddenly that it's the most subscribed person on YT, nobody cares. 

There are psychos everywhere. The woman who went to shoot YT's headquarters because her videos got taken down - don't you think the people working there must have been shocked and terrified? This pilot who decided to plunge his airplane with hundreds of passengers in a mountain because his girlfriend broke up with him, did she just shrug and changed channels? Or that man who started raping, torturing, and murdering women after his wife demanded a divorce. Did she block him on twitter and felt better? All these authors who simply write stories out of their imagination, until some twisted psycho thinks it's about them and decides to make these horror stories a reality. Did they accept their check and forgot about it? Or even a more recent one, Ariana Grande's boyfriend whom she left because of his drug use, and died of an overdose later. Oh, is it her fault? Or simply the bomb that exploded at her concert (oh she just forgot about it, she has so many fans and money now she doesn't care about that, right?).

Are they to blame for these tragedies that sadly they've been connected to? Are their actions responsible of someone sick that went on to mass murder? What the actual fuck is this victim blaming bullshit? Did pewds said all Muslims should die? That they were evil? That violence was the answer? Oh right, he said the n-word while playing a fancier version of fortnite. But if that's so, shouldn't all 12 year olds be guilty of promoting radicalisation? 

You guys are sick and disgusting. The goal of this forum was to make understand that no matter how we were all individually unique, in the end, we are all the same ('snowflake'). That internet and social media doesn't give you a pass to be something other than human. Pewdiepie - no, Felix Kjellberg, is human. Some monster screamed his name while murdering people - probably to create the division that YOU are encouraging. ANYONE following Pewdiepie would know that he would never encourage this shit. And miss me with the "oh but he's a fascist racist nazi" I DONT CARE. You must be lacking a hundred IQ points in somewhere in his videos would you even consider the idea that he would be for this shit. 

The murderer wanted fame, he wanted to be known, like many terrorists these days. Which is WHY he filmed it, which is WHY he promoted a controversial figure, which is WHY he posted it! And YOU guys are promoting HIS ideas! You're doing exactly what he wanted!

You know, in France, after every attack, because there's just so many, more than they show you on foreign TVs, that no matter what happens we have to avoid division.

Right now, the important, is to acknowledge that this was a horrible crime that shouldn't have taken place, to grieve the victims and respect the families, and to look at ways to prevent it.

Pewdiepie, is a youtuber who reviews memes and occasionally plays video games. If THIS is your idea of an extremist, my god you guys are in for a bad wake up when you realise what this world is made of. You're not only making a fool out of the victims, but anyone who has actually suffered, like me, from real racism, (and no, parodying Hitler isn't it). Fuck you. You have no empathy, you are hypocrites, you are everything I hate. Rich people, famous people also commit suicide, and you guys are simply encouraging it. I'm profoundly disgusted. I've always found excuses for this forum, that we called out people on their terrible behavior, but here you guys are doing the same. 

EDIT: And my siblings who also hate Pewdiepie for his behavior and controversial events, had 0 issues insisting about how terrible that the shooter did that, and said such things, and how it wasn't his fault. So no, not liking pewdiepie for his controversial events and blaming him of RADICALISATION and INDUCING A TERRORIST ATTACK are fucking different. 

AH, and also. People clicking "like" on your video, does not make you happy. In fact, many people still commit suicide when they have friends and families. Because eventually, you are all alone in face of your own fear, of your own disgust, of your will to die. 
Having known people who committed/attempted suicide, get lost. 

Literally what does any of this have to do with my post. i said he has a lot of people defending him. no one here called him a nazi or extremist cool it child

Oh boy, finger pointing! Don't you just love it when someone points fingers not at the perpetrator, but at the excuse?

All of the people here have said they don't think hes responsible for the shooting learn to have reading comprehension 

Edited by Plague

Posted

Literally what does any of this have to do with my post. i said he has a lot of people defending him. no one here called him a nazi or extremist cool it child

All of the people here have said they don't think hes responsible for the shooting learn to have reading comprehension 

Did you feel personally attacked by a post that wasn't specifically aimed at you, now? Learn to have reading comprehension, yourself.

Posted

Did you feel personally attacked by a post that wasn't specifically aimed at you, now? Learn to have reading comprehension, yourself.

Do you know what a public post and a reply button is. your post about finger pointing was stupid because literally no one was doing that

Posted

Do you know what a public post and a reply button is. your post about finger pointing was stupid because literally no one was doing that

And how can you tell that no one was doing that? Maybe not in THIS forum, maybe not on this website. But can you read my mind so far that you can tell I'm referring to PULL only, and not the shitstorm that's going on in the media? Get ahold of yourself.

We're already getting off-topic, so do avoid replying to me. I don't mingle with your ilk.

Posted

And how can you tell that no one was doing that? Maybe not in THIS forum, maybe not on this website. But can you read my mind so far that you can tell I'm referring to PULL only, and not the shitstorm that's going on in the media? Get ahold of yourself.

We're already getting off-topic, so do avoid replying to me. I don't mingle with your ilk.

Then why post it here? when was i pretending to read your mind? you made a stupid comment criticizing something that wasn't happening in the thread and I pointed it out calm down with the pretention

Posted

The lack of reading comprehension here is astounding. No one said PewDiePie is responsible, but he is guilty of encouraging a toxic environment within his fandom where it'd be real easy for people to become radicalised, and that is a problem. You can't be friends with/support voices that talk about the conspiracy of spreading Islam in Western nations, and then be surprised that someone who claims to be a fan also holds that ideology.

PewDiePie really needs to look at who he associates with, their ideologies, their messages, and really consider how that affects his fandom too because promoting those people is opening a door.

Posted

The lack of reading comprehension here is astounding. No one said PewDiePie is responsible, but he is guilty of encouraging a toxic environment within his fandom where it'd be real easy for people to become radicalised, and that is a problem. You can't be friends with/support voices that talk about the conspiracy of spreading Islam in Western nations, and then be surprised that someone who claims to be a fan also holds that ideology.

PewDiePie really needs to look at who he associates with, their ideologies, their messages, and really consider how that affects his fandom too because promoting those people is opening a door.

I’ve ran out of upvotes to give you.

I don’t understand why pewdiepie fans are so defensive not a single person on this thread is claiming that it’s his fault that so many people died. It’s simply wrong to claim that he’s not involved with neonazis in any way or sort. This was brought up after the shooting because the shooter was radicalised online and pewdiepie is linked to it. Whether you like it or not he was mentioned and is linked to the altright. He associates himself and gives platform to people in the altright. He is irresponsible. That’s what most of us are criticizing, not a single person said the shooting is his fault.