• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

784 posts in this topic

Posted

It doesn't matter what Felix said/made in the past, he isn't responsable for the behavior of an actual psychopath, he obviously didn't want the outcome of this where people lost their lives, and even if people try to justify with the "pewdiepie meme" it was just a reference, it could be any meme and the context wouldn't change. If you want Felix to change certain behaviors or his opinion is fine but don't try to pass it at the same level as this, this was just an act for a pychopath. Just pay condolence to the families.

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

Teenagers cannot be part of "Alt Right Facet" when they can't even vote. He isn't "notorious" for POLITICS, he is known for Let's Plays and reaction based content. Don't lump us into your own opinion of why this happened unless you actually read the maniac's essay on this, the guy doesn't side with "alt right" because he's a self proclaimed "fascist". 

Nice to know you're uneducated. i'm talking about the multiple hate groups like the UK independence party that have endorsed him. a simple google search yields thousands of results talking about this  

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

Pewdiepie is an entertainer. His content is memes and video games. 

Yes alt right, and fashists can be entertained too, because that content is neutral. 

Pewdiepie has made mistakes, hut media has always been the one to push a campaign to smear his name. He is alone left to defend against their propaganda. 

I saw a image of him on 8chan, the same thread as the shooters, where pewdiepie is doing an ok sign to promote his shirt saying "zero deaths", and the spergs took it as pewdiepie making alt right signs. 

Pewdiepie can't controll who follows him, he is a public figure. 

Posted

I'm not from the UK so I would have no idea about that, which has nothing to do with my education thankyouverymuchhhh. A group choosing to endorse him doesn't mean that he is endorsing them, so I don't know what your point is considering hes swedish. Those groups are pretty dumb for that so I wouldn't take that too seriously.  (not trying to be rude to you either.)

Please read my post again

I never said he was endorsing hate groups. i said it's well known a sizeable portion of his audience are from hate groups which is probably a big reason why he was named during the mass shooting 

You might be smart but you were uneducated about what i was talking about 

Posted

90 million people. Bigger than most countries. Do you think a single person is responsible for the interpretations of MILLIONS? Felix repeatedly condemns negative behaviour INCLUDING his own. He has asked his own supporters to call him out when he’s in the wrong and they do, and he address it and doesn’t do it again. Has he said the nword since? No. Has he made an anti Semitic joke since? No. He condemns and denounces all of it. Actions and words, his track record is proof he’s got good intentions. 

How many times do I have to repeat that I already said from the start that he is NOT responsible? That's the exact phrasing I used.

No use going into the rest because I've already said my part.

Teenagers cannot be part of "Alt Right Facet" when they can't even vote.

Political stances don't exist as long as no votes are cast? That's a new one.

Posted (edited)

I'm not gonna pat him on the shoulder for doing the bare minimum of expressing sadness over someone gunning down people after spewing a Pewdiepie meme. Is he responsible for this? No, of course not. But how many times has it been now? He has definitely helped foster this culture of "nothing matters, everything is a joke, lol memes" by getting into one scandal after the other with no concern about all the consequences so far (like his biggest paypig pulling the plug) and he keeps on keeping on because he's the king of edgelords and god forbid he dial it down a notch to truly show that he condemns it and doesn't just make half-hearted apologies after the fact. Jokes or free speech or irony, it still helps make those people feel like they're surrounded by others who think alike and are just cloaking it in humor. Watch him "slip up" again in a few weeks. It's not a coincidence that alt-righters love memeing this guy, positively or negatively. "Media war" my ass, there's a reason this guy was focusing on Felix and not another e-celeb. Context matters.

booing.thumb.gif.017430903d395e06469f23e
Sorry y'all, but making jokes about "death to jews" and calling people fucking niggers (if you say it when you're angry, you say it while calm too) only attracts racists. I don't think he's responsible for the actions of the shooter but the internet has bred countless amounts of people proudly stating that they're racist fascists. We need to stop normalizing white supremacy and stop excusing the racist "jokes" popular internet personalities make. 

Edit: I'm Black, don't dare try to come at me for saying nigger when white youtubers say it with almost no remorse lmao. 

Edited by moonbeam
reason stated in post

Posted (edited)

Pewdiepie is an entertainer. His content is memes and video games. 

Yes alt right, and fashists can be entertained too, because that content is neutral. 

Pewdiepie has made mistakes, hut media has always been the one to push a campaign to smear his name. He is alone left to defend against their propaganda. 

I saw a image of him on 8chan, the same thread as the shooters, where pewdiepie is doing an ok sign to promote his shirt saying "zero deaths", and the spergs took it as pewdiepie making alt right signs. 

Pewdiepie can't controll who follows him, he is a public figure. 

Reporting on what he does is not propaganda

Articles expressing a negative opinion towards him are not propaganda 

L M A O I just realized you said he is left alone to defend himself. he has 89 million subscribers 

Edited by Plague
Bro i just had to point that out oh my god

Posted (edited)

I don’t feel even a bit sad for him. He’s not responsible for the shooting but it’s useless to act like he’s not creating a space for his fans to radicalize online. He follows altright all his apologies are empty, if he cared he would unfollow them and strongly condemn hate, just like another user mentioned he’s providing a platform to islamphobes and other racists, he cannot detach himseld from hate crimes that result from this promotion. It’s like ben sharpio butting out when he has been racist so many times in the past and has radicalised people. Pewdiepie has a huge following but instead of being really careful he pushes this watered down altright edgy memes, he’s now backing out because he’s being attacked and nothing else. It’s like his accident with the nword, his fans don’t care. They think ironic racism is a joke and ok because he has pushed that narrative from day 1. If people of out his fanbase wouldn’t made it an issue he would’ve just ignored it. His fans didn’t care, and he didn’t care. His apologies are all empty and he has never been hold responsible for opening a gate to radicalisation online. People watch him for some gaming videos and then it follows with the small political videos. He is not responsible for the shooting but he should be hold responsible. Saying pewdiepie have nothing to do with the altright is willful ignorance. He’s a gateway to rightwing radicalisation. I have yet to run into a single pewdiepie fan online who hasn’t been racist. Thousands of young men are being radicalised online by white supremacists under the guise of being edgy. That along with youtube algorithm that promotes more extreme content   once you see a single video about that topic leads to a dangerous precedent.

Pewdiepie knows what he’s doing, he dips in altrighty shit and throws empty apologies when he’s called out so his fans can attack you with “HE APOLOGIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”, his apologies don’t mean anything when he’s following the altright and opening a gateway to the altrigh in guise of being edgy to his followers. Not everything is a joke, especially racism. It leads to death. Hold him responsible. Stop acting like anything will happen to him when his cult fanbase will defend him no matter what. Stop being biased towards him. If you go few pages back to when he said the nword you can see people were defending him saying a literal racial slur. The same thing is happening now. 

Edited by Agasshi
My first language is not english

Posted (edited)

Reporting on what he does is not propaganda

Articles expressing a negative opinion towards him are not propaganda 

L M A O I just realized you said he is left alone to defend himself. he has 89 million subscribers 

Yes he is alone. There is no agency to protect him. He is an independent creator. Disney dumped him after the jew joke, ever since, he is being watched constantly. He has had to adress every single article to defend himself. 

Pewdiepie vs Mass Media is a reason why alt right follow him since alt right also hate the media. 

If he lets the media label him as a nazi, his livelyhood will suffer. He apologizes when he is wrong, and its the right thing to do. 

I gave you a real example how spergs on 8chan think he is their guy. 

Edited by Diana Burnwood

Posted

Yes he is alone. There is no agency to protect him. He is an independent creator. Disney dumped him after the jew joke, ever since, he is being watched constantly. He has had to adress every single article to defend himself. 

He has approximately 89 million people who still support him after those controversies 

He has casual fans everywhere defending him. even in this thread the majority appears sympathetic to him

And yes. he has racists on 8chan ready to defend him. he is not alone. a large amount of people are much more powerful than any agency

Posted

How tf does he have so many subs, he's not funny AT ALL. 

Posted

Pewdiepie vs Mass Media is a reason why alt right follow him since alt right also hate the media. 

If he lets the media label him as a nazi, his livelyhood will suffer. He apologizes when he is wrong, and its the right thing to do. 

Downplaying it as the "jew joke" and acting as if Disney unrightfully kicked him to the curb? He's being watched for a good reason and as a well known public figure of course he NEEDS to address these things. If he doesn't want people thinking he's a nazi/supporter maybe he shouldn't do  anti-semitic things? Apologies don't mean anything when every month you see a new controversy on something he did with his millions of fans claiming its a "joke".