• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

698 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

what happened?

A lone-wolf psychopath shot up two mosques in New Zealand. Killing 49+ innocent people and injuring 50+ more. He facebook live streamed the enter massacre and before he began he said "Remember, subscribe to Pewdiepie!" he released a manifesto and other works on 4chan prior to doing this. It was planned for over 2 years in total and 3 months for the specific NZ Mosques. If you're interested in his motives - read his manifesto, straight from the horse's mouth. He used specifically guns in order to create more divide in the USA and the media. He's blaming people on both sides of the pond, trying to create more vitriolic anger on all sides. The media isn't picking up on that so they're taking his bait.

Basically, he's a sick racist fuck who performed ethnic-genocide in order to divide and segregate the world. He thinks he's equivalent to Nelson Mandela. He's pure fucking evil.

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

I'm not gonna pat him on the shoulder for doing the bare minimum of expressing sadness over someone gunning down people after spewing a Pewdiepie meme. Is he responsible for this? No, of course not. But how many times has it been now? He has definitely helped foster this culture of "nothing matters, everything is a joke, lol memes" by getting into one scandal after the other with no concern about all the consequences so far (like his biggest paypig pulling the plug) and he keeps on keeping on because he's the king of edgelords and god forbid he dial it down a notch to truly show that he condemns it and doesn't just make half-hearted apologies after the fact. Jokes or free speech or irony, it still helps make those people feel like they're surrounded by others who think alike and are just cloaking it in humor. Watch him "slip up" again in a few weeks. It's not a coincidence that alt-righters love memeing this guy, positively or negatively. "Media war" my ass, there's a reason this guy was focusing on Felix and not another e-celeb. Context matters.

Oh there is no doubt about that. Felix still needs to actually stop the whole 'everything is a joke don't get mad' thing specially since he can't even check channels to make sure hes not exposing people to a neo-nazi.  I mean there is a reason I disliked him even back when he was doing gaming and to this day don't understand why people like his content. 

I just know pewds won't be blamed,or at least blamed alone, for the shooter actually shooting.  The shooter's choice to go through with it in the end was the shooter's alone.  

But the fact Pewds keeps trying to push the whole 'everything is a joke don't overreact' thing every time he screws up just adds to the places extremists can hide pretending it's a joke.  It doesn't help his 'fans' jump down people's throats for even daring to say they don't want to hear about him or have any sort of criticism for him. 

Posted

I'm not gonna pat him on the shoulder for doing the bare minimum of expressing sadness over someone gunning down people after spewing a Pewdiepie meme. Is he responsible for this? No, of course not. But how many times has it been now? He has definitely helped foster this culture of "nothing matters, everything is a joke, lol memes" by getting into one scandal after the other with no concern about all the consequences so far (like his biggest paypig pulling the plug) and he keeps on keeping on because he's the king of edgelords and god forbid he dial it down a notch to truly show that he condemns it and doesn't just make half-hearted apologies after the fact. Jokes or free speech or irony, it still helps make those people feel like they're surrounded by others who think alike and are just cloaking it in humor. Watch him "slip up" again in a few weeks. It's not a coincidence that alt-righters love memeing this guy, positively or negatively. "Media war" my ass, there's a reason this guy was focusing on Felix and not another e-celeb. Context matters.

This 100%.

This man has repeatedly propagated white supremacist rhetoric and supports the individuals directly cited by the terrorist responsible for the bloodshed. His apologies are empty and he does not deserve all this coddling, his actions reveal everything.

D1uSRemWkAEvSm8.jpg

Posted (edited)

Intent doesn't really matter in this case.  Hes insanely popular. People are influenced if he means to or not.  And he needs to be careful as fuck. 

For example the whole Sub to Pewdiepie thing. People spent tons of money on him. Going on campaigns for him. His fans and others acting as if him losing the number one spot would be terrible for everyone.  The ones they're apparently 'fighting' is an Indian music channel. Some are going to see it as creator vs corporation.  Some as just guy they like verses people they don't know.  I just saw it as Felix not being able to handle the fact hes not going to be number 1 any more and two corporations (i know felix isn't actually one but the dude isn't some creator just trying to get by dude is rich) doing a publicity stunt. 

Those alt-right people who defended Pewds for his other terrible jokes and when he yelled a slur?  It's a white Swedish guy verses Indians. Now did Pewds want that interpretation? I hope not.  Have some gotten that interpretation? Yeah.  I've seen it.  And while pushing the meme he has retweeted Joey who has his own thread and who constantly pushes Lolicon shit. 

Hes constantly mentioning those like Belle too. Belle has sold other girls nudes as her own and has her own thread too. 

Felix can't really be passive when it comes to things. He has to be active and make it clear he doesn't want those alt-right types as fans not just in words but in actions. And stop supporting and sharing those like Joey or the neo-nazi.  Felix needs to do his research first. 

Edited by CareyAisha
Making it clearer Joey pushes the lolicon stuff not pewds.

Posted

I pray for the victims of this shooting, the murderer was just an evil guy with some stupid idea of "starting a war". I'd prefer to focus on the victims and not just pewdiepie in this situation. 

However, if you actually watch his videos you would know that Felix has said multiple times that you shouldn't do anything illegal in this meme. I don't understand how you think he has somehow encouraged it? I'm sorry but blaming him or saying he is somehow responsible is stupid. He hasn't encouraged anyone to do this type of shit. Once he found out that someone had written on a memorial for the meme, he was disgusted by that too and has helped them out in fixing it. This probably sounds really rant-ish, but I honestly don't see how he is to be blamed or to think he has somehow encouraged it because he really hasn't.

1. I acknowledged that he says "oh this is bad, don't do this", but it's the absolute bare minimum and he should be wondering why he has to keep pointing out to people that it's bad to deface memorials in his name, but this is the same guy who thought it would be funny to commission a "death to all jews" joke, so it's not surprising he has fans like that. This again 

2. I specifically said that I do not think he's responsible. But, as said above, he should be reconsidering his behavior because it's clear that his fans enjoy this certain style of humor and feel validated when Felix acts it out with them and only changes his tune when he has a big callout on his hands.

Agreed. Just a couple days ago he literally posted a video addressing the WWII momument issue (which he donated to afterwards). He took time to speicifc tell his viewers NOT to do illegal or harmful things to anyone.

That's what I mean. It's quite telling that he has to tell his viewers not to do this kind of stuff, and that it got this far in the first place. Again, this has a lot to do with the kind of humor he promotes, because you don't see fans doing this with many other e-celebs. It's alarming that he even has to talk to his audience about it and it's definitely not par for the course. 

Posted

IMO it's a reeeaaaach to group him with these disgusting criminals. 

Yes, he used N-word. Yes, he made a disaster of a "joke" about Jews. But it's not the end of a story as some people depict it to be - because he did apologize for every offence, including the issue with overlooked neo-nazi channel; Felix condemned his inexcusable idiocy and habits / sense of "humor" he shouldn't have had nor expressed publicly. How can he further control what alt-rights do "in his name" when they blatantly ignored his confessions about not supporting harmful ideology. 

That being said, I'm fed up with "sub to pewdiepie" meme *cough* I unsubbed from him until this dumb party goes home and lowkey predicted something problematic arise from it. This movement gave undeserved spotlight to loathsome individuals (like belle delphine) and Pewds should've tried harder to select who's worthy of getting attention; after all, it's affecting his own community. I swear he's too careless and over-produces content instead of taking necessary time for quality check. 

yeah like ya'll im a jew and i'm 100% not offended by pewdiepie's jew "joke", hell we make much worse jokes about killing jews and the holocaust.

Posted (edited)

The shooter was trying to cause as much mayhem as possible - from live streaming, mentioned pewdiepie memes, his troll copypasta manifesto (saying Spyro the Dragon inspired him), blaming Trump and video games for his crimes.  The shooter was part of radical groups/communities like 8chan, voat, the donald on reddit, and etc which usually guises radicalization under irony - it's all a joke to them... even when when a national terrorist takes action....they still laugh/joke.  I feel like this monster's entire point of the memes/jokes was to point every media stereotype and play on that.. this monster wanted mayhem, division, and to stir the pot.

I'm not really a fan of Felix, but when he found out he was referenced by the shooter he offered condolences on twitter. The shooter also referenced Candace Owens as his inspiration.... her response tweet started with "LOL" and made it about herself.

I feel like we need to focus on the victims and not take the bait of the shooter with his "jokes" and memes to cause division. We need to focus on the heroes like Naeem Rashid who jumped to try to stop the shooter.

this is just my 2 cents

Edited by Athena

Posted

This. Related to the incident or not, even if he is somewhat responsible or not (I don't think he is), just sheds a bad light on his because of everything he's pulled so far. He might be joking about T-Series, but he always has to pull some random (ethnic) group. I know he doesn't really mean it, but about his fans? I might be exaggerating, but if a kid and his older brother are going to call me a bitch lasagna and then a slut for being Indian just over his yt vid, then I can't support him.

Let's try forgetting for a sec that this is Felix and imagina this is Kenna saying all this stuff. Joke or not, we'll hate her for it, wouldn't we? Then how come Poods gets a free pass to throw shit at us and then say "chill, it's a joke fam"

This is like Kenna's blunt humor, and I can't stress this enough. 

But in this incident, it was an adult who murdered innocent civilians and almost killed my favorite sports team. Pewdiepie offering his condolences is good and I respect that, but he needs to notice that now he's on the top, things like this are bound to happen. I just hope he's okay and the shooting doesn't break him.