• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

youtube Kelsey Ellison / Kimono Time

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Youtube // Twitter // Instagram  // Tumblr

Image result for kelsey ellison

Lets talk about Kelsey Ellison! Previously known as Kimono Time.

Here is the thing. I am pretty much dazzled by her personality and videos. I enjoy how she edits most of them and I actually like her YouTube-personality. I don't know if its fake or genuine, but I consider it nice. 

I am also considering patreonizing her (paying her to do more videos) with a large scum of money because, well, I would rather see more of her than from Venus, Mira or Dakota. Plus! I think she could go International with the right opportunity.

However, I once read somewhere that there are some fishy things about her. I haven't been able to go recall where I read this, so I can't make any arguments about it.

I would love if you could give me your opinion about her. Do you like her? Do you hate her? Why?

On a side note, her latest video about going on a cruise seemed a little bit off, like: What is the point? There wasn't anything constructive in it and it felt to me like she was somehow bragging : / It reminded me of Venus's Paris Video, and made me wonder if fame is running to Kelsey's head.

Posted (edited)

I don't see how making a video of you going on a cruise constitutes as letting fame go to your head.... lol even if it wasn't constructive, maybe she was trying to hit a video quota after/during she was gone (travel videos are popular when youtubers travel?). maybe people actually care for her life. who knows.  

I actually haven't heard anything fishy about her. Just people nitpicking or people don't like her that much, for obvious reasons, as she comes off as really weeby due to the dance videos and her music videos. The only drama surrounding her, to my knowledge, is usually stuff she's on the other end of/a victim of (Venus, x-factor, etc..)

Actually now that I think about it, when her last laptop broke or some shit, she asked what was, in a lot of people's opinions, too much in donations for a new one but that's because she was aiming to get high quality stuff like a Mac laptop, an expensive editing program, and so on. 

Edited by PurinPrincess

Posted

I dont mind when popular personalities online ask for help with money or donations or stuff. i dont see why anyone feels the need to get mad because you dont have to give them money but thats just me^^ 

on the other hand she reminds me of mahouprince in that photo up there. im not a big fan of her music videos but i think she seems kind and like a nice person! her music isnt my taste thats all. i did like her first mv better than her second!

and yeah a lot of youtubers do make travel videos because i personally love seeing them! i ddont travel much due to money and time and im only young but i like seeing the world through personal videos. they are some of my favorite. 

Posted

Good to know someone has remain pure in this industry. I know people might not consider her dolly like, but for me she is doll-ish enough : ) 

Posted

I quite like her.  I just appreciate that when she did ask for money she actually bought what she was raising money for.  That's the most important thing in my eyes.  If people want to donate to her so she can make music and videos then they can because she was doing it for a real reason and was honestly thankful for it afterwards.  

Posted

I quite like her.  I just appreciate that when she did ask for money she actually bought what she was raising money for.  That's the most important thing in my eyes.  If people want to donate to her so she can make music and videos then they can because she was doing it for a real reason and was honestly thankful for it afterwards.  

Oh did she not buy what she asked for? i dont know a lot about her so i was just voicing my overall opinion! :lamaheadshake:

Posted

Oh did she not buy what she asked for? i dont know a lot about her so i was just voicing my overall opinion! :lamaheadshake:

She's saying that Kelsey bought exactly what she was asking the money for.

Posted

Her face is orange, her hands are white in that photo..

Posted

Right.  Thank you.  She did buy her laptop.  I'm sorry if my statement was confusing.  

Anyway I find myself listening to her recent song a bunch.  I like it, it's very catchy.

Posted

she has talent (as dancer definetly not as singer) but no originality and she is very weebish (idk if this is even a word but I think you get what I mean).

to the drama with Venus/Margaret, it was hella rude of Margaret to make fun of her glass eye:|

Posted

oh i see now sorry i misread!

Posted

I really like Kelsey! I've recently got into J-Pop/Vocaloid/K-Pop dance covers on YouTube, and she's a really amazing dancer. 
I also like her outfits. She seems to have a really good taste in fashion~ Very Harajuku-y and fun. 
Not really sure what she's aiming to do with herself as a career or anything..like if she's aiming to be a Japanese superstar, but I hope she accomplishes whatever she wants to do. She seems really humble and I feel she's a genuinely good gal c:  

Posted

I too like Kelsey. I find most of her videos pleasant, even though she's into the whole kawaii-hype. But her styles is more hip rather than trying to be "cute". Last I've heard, she said she wants to be an entertainer in dancing? She does have great dancing skills in my opinion. As for her music, I find them quite catchy.

Posted

I love Kelsey. I've been following her for years. I got hooked with the Bad Apple! dance. She always seems genuine and humble. Really nice and usually never gets herself into drama. Cute style and even cuter personality. Personally I don't really like her singing but she has fun with it and who am I to judge? Obviously she's really good at dancing. Very very good with sharp precise moves, not so much with sexy hipping swinging dances but hey everyone has their strengths.

Posted

Out of a lot of Jpop YouTubers I find Kelsey to be one of the most genuine. I've met her twice at conventions and she was really lovely. It wasn't like talking to a YouTuber it was just like talking to a friend. I think I like her dancing a lot more than her singing but if you've seen her perform she really goes all out