• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Stromae

10 posts in this topic

Posted

He is a singer that sings in french but he is half African half Belgium. He  is well known for his song Papaoutie(forgive me for my spelling) and tous  les  memes. He is a n interesting person and he is genuinely the most kindest "celebrity " out there 

Posted

He is one who can be called a real "artist". Because nowadays can be anybody a singer, who strip down and sing in public about crap. 

Posted

He is one who can be called a real "artist". Because nowadays can be anybody a singer, who strip down and sing in public about crap. 

exactly all of his songs have meanings other then sex drugs and alchahol 

Posted (edited)

While I find some bits of the song annoying, I was impressed that he made a decent song, 'Carmen', about social media culture and the harmful effects of indulging too much in it. And also that it was a pretty decent rendition of the original 'Carmen', which is hard to successfully replicate.

Edited by Poppy

Posted

I really enjoy Stromae's music. All of his songs have strong meanings to them, while it's also a fairly useful resource to memorize some French, taking into account that Belgian French and France French don't have the same vernacular.

Posted

I quite like Stromae! I first found him when I was searching for French songs ('cause I was studying/learning French in school)

Posted

I quite like Stromae! I first found him when I was searching for French songs ('cause I was studying/learning French in school)

he's the only ftench speaking singer I really enjoy.  There haven't been any that are quiet like him you know 

Posted

ohh i didn't thought Stromae was that popular in other countries !

yea in France he's liked and he is probably the only singer from my country who i actually listen to :lamaheadshake:

others ones are too similar : rap , sex , or singing about breaks up ...

Posted

His songs are amazing!!

Posted

i heard Stromae is well known in Europe but he's unheard of in America (maybe except for New England area?). He did come to Coachella 2015 and one of his song was used in Hunger Games? so that's kinda a big step into being recognized in America. 

Nonetheless, i enjoy his music very much! my favorite song is "Humain à l'eau"