• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

How did you come up with your username?

301 posts in this topic

Posted

I started out this topic just out of curiosity (and I swear, some of you have the most hilarious usernames I've ever seen). What is the origin / explanation of the one you show on PULL?

I came up with Nusha because it's basically one of the many nicknames I have been given by family and friends. This one in particular I like the most because it was my best friend's nephew who made that up (he struggles to pronounce my name). It's also pretty much the same as Nyusha, a Russian singer that, according to another friend of mine, I share a few physical similiarities with. How about yours?

Posted

The first time I had this user name was on Gaia Online lol.  It comes from a video game called Final Fantasy VII and Cloud is the main character of the series.  Fair is the last name of his friend who passed away a few months before the game starts.  (I admit,I ship) 

So basically:

Cloud Strife + Zack Fair + Final Fantasy VII

Posted (edited)

Edited by fiend

Posted

My username comes from this guy. I didn't want to use my usual username and my civil code was next to me...

The sad life of a law student with no imagination.

Posted (edited)

My first username was too close to my tumblr url so I changed it to Nyanko Sensei who is the character in my profile pic. He's a powerful monster from the anime Natsume Yuujinchou who takes on the form of a cute little maneki neko (those little "beckoning cats" that are used for good luck). His real name is Madara but he's called a lot of funny names in that anime and Nyanko Sensei is the main one. Natsume Yuujinchou is my favorite anime and I like cats so I figured I would just use this. Also, none of my irl friends would recognize it as easily.

Edited by Nyanko Sensei

Posted

one eyebrow is a monobrow

many eyebrows are............ 

Posted

Mine should be obvious...

Posted

Tried to keep my username short so its kinda incorrect but well you get the idea. It means "ugly and broke" which is me ofc lol

but before the "recent" name change, it was originally my nickname that is used online and offline  

Posted

I was just lurking.

Not a very exciting story. xD

Posted

Do robots dream of electric sheep, it's the book that inspired Blade Runner.

Posted (edited)

I usually go by a different name on a majority of websites, but since PULL has a bad reputation on the internet (despite being a place filled to the brim with nice people) I had to choose something that I wouldn't forget...but that wouldn't connect me to any other sites I'm on such as Instagram, the Twitter I never use, or the Reddit I never use. Nor would I want to revamp an old usernames from my days on Tumblr, Deviantart, or my weeaboo days playing TinyFarm. (So many memories...I shutter at the thought of them all.)

So, I decided to name this account after my best friend's gemsona (a Steven Universe fan character). I did this for two reasons:

1. My own original characters and fan characters are lack luster, where as the characters she churns out daily are works of art. I connect more with the characters she creates then my own, because they are just that well written and illustrated.

2. Since Tincalconite is also an actual minieral, I could be sneaky and not have to use photos she drew of the said character for my name to make sense. Which is good, because it saves her images and integrity from being associated with the website in case I manage to make a bad impression on here. (So far so good...)

Plus, I'm sure that if I did I would confuse a shit ton of people anyways if I directly referenced him. ("What anime is that picture from?" "Did you draw that yourself?" "Who the hell is that in your profile picture?" "What does the tincalconite mineral have to do with a guy with a white pompadour?" "Why is he named after a borax mineral?") Hence why my profile pictures are images of actual mineral.

So yeah...that's the story behind my name. 

:harharplz:

EDIT: I forgot to add a few important details to my whole story. Oopsie daisies...

:alpacaworry:

Edited by Tincalconite

Posted (edited)

3 reasons~

1) I wanted something completely different from all my other SNS nicknames

2) My first profile picture here was a Shadow from Kingdom Hearts

3) Spending time here makes me feel exactly that sometimes. I've tried so many times to leave and don't come back, but in the end I always do, because reading here makes unsocial ugly me feel better. I wish I would use all the time spent here to work on myself instead.

IMPORTANT: Not judging any of you, since everyone has different reasons to be here. I just really don't like me doing it. ._.

Edited by Heartless

Posted

Scabbed it off a user from Habbo Hotel back in the day. Thought it was cool, yoink, mine. I dont use it anywhere else tho, just here.

Posted

I like platypus.. they're cute. And their name sounds funny... it has pus(s) in it :haiplz:

But I think I got the inspiration, because I saw a picture of Perry the platypus.

Posted

One of my faves by Mili.

The two first nicks i used here are the same that i use around and i don't want some people discovering about my account on PULL, so Chocological