• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

General Koreaboo Thread

4469 posts in this topic

Posted

there’s a girl who’s half laotian, half white, that i used to talk to a long time ago when i was into kpop and she hasn’t changed one bit since her early koreaboo days. she fetishizes koreans so much and i remember her dating a few korean guys online that were really average looking lol. 

tbh, i’ve probably seen more asian koreaboos than any other races. i wish they would get called out more often or appreciate their own ethnicity. i’ve witnessed so many of them growing up learning how to speak and write korean rather than learning their own language lol.

Hidden Content

it's a shame she's a load of shit on the inside bc she's actually quite pretty imo. i don't understand why people feel the need to change every fibre of themselves just because of the media they consume ?????

Posted

there’s a girl who’s half laotian, half white, that i used to talk to a long time ago when i was into kpop and she hasn’t changed one bit since her early koreaboo days. she fetishizes koreans so much and i remember her dating a few korean guys online that were really average looking lol. 

tbh, i’ve probably seen more asian koreaboos than any other races. i wish they would get called out more often or appreciate their own ethnicity. i’ve witnessed so many of them growing up learning how to speak and write korean rather than learning their own language lol.

Hidden Content

omg i know her. or well used to know her like ??? she was actually one of my best friends when i was a lot younger and i never knew those things about her because i stopped being friends with her a long time ago. but wow, it feels so weird to see someone you used to know on here lol.

Posted

Imagine being this obsessed with Koreans you  had to open an account dedicated to Korean couples. 

52C64570-96E0-4118-853C-1AB4DC3A3FA5.jpeg

Posted

Imagine being this obsessed with Koreans you  had to open an account dedicated to Korean couples. 

the fact that it has 39.7k followers concern me 

(also those are just random Korean people????? just make a fan account of a kpop idol omg)

Posted

the fact that it has 39.7k followers concern me 

(also those are just random Korean people????? just make a fan account of a kpop idol omg)

You know what I have also seen on Instagram .... kboos ROLEPLAYING random Koreans. RANDOM KOREANS. 

Honestly koreaboos are so fucking toxic they really need help.

Posted

Koreaboos are disrespectful.

Because there's so many of them with their common sense fucked they get away with it, and when they're sjw it's even worse.

Normally I'm not against roleplaying but it's the intent that matters, if honestly wonder if they see Koreans as human beings. 

I feel that most Koreaboos see other Koreans as objects to get a laugh, it doesn't help that most Koreaboos swap Korean couples back and forth the same way they do with making these 'ships' for them. These 'ships' often ruin any chance of a relationship with those they're shipping due to how uncomfortable dozens of people trying to force onto you that you should be a couple with what usually is a total stranger.

And another thing, Koreaboos are known for living in a bubble(obviously).

They also discriminate against Koreans who don't meet the standards of beauty they see in Korean celecbrity, no shit regular Koreans you'd see on the street don't often look like celebrities, get your ass out of your head. I can't say much for Korean with the rising plastic surgery and the research in the longevity of sustaining one's youth, but for Koreans who live outside of Korean, many don't look like celebrities. I'm used to seeing what many would dub as 'ugly' Koreans, man, if the Koreaboos saw them they'd either shit on them or try and have them be their accessory only because they're Korean. If they were some other race then the Koreaboos wouldn't bat an eye and ignore them, thinking that their existence is inferior and make fun of how they don't have the eye crease and such. Even if these 'ugly' Koreans have feelings....AND CAN HEAR EVERY WORD THEY'RE SAYING!

Posted

You know what I have also seen on Instagram .... kboos ROLEPLAYING random Koreans. RANDOM KOREANS. 

Honestly koreaboos are so fucking toxic they really need help.

wow thats sad. but really sad, just think how much of their free time those ppl use on that stuff?

Posted

Honestly the thing about the roleplaying reminded me of my friend. 

A guy I used to hang out with in Korea had a semi large following on insta because he owned one of those lil hip hop clothing brands. Later we came across a fb profile that used his real name and pictures. That person was roleplaying as him with another account as a gay Korean couple (who conveniently couldn't speak Korean, only French). 

Safe to say my friend was totally freaked out by the account and the roleplaying they would do on 'his' wall. 

He's just a random guy .. I don't get why someone would take the time to pretend to be him???

Posted

She’s never tried seaweed before and she claims to be mixed Korean...

Okay, that’s it I’m done with these types of people. What the hell.

I've been lurking on this thread and some others for ages, so I'm new to actually posting stuff, so I apologize if I'm all over the place

Anyway
I'm mixed korean myself. I don't pass as either fully asian or white, like I'm not enough "asian-looking" but not enough white either. People usually guess China, Thailand or Chile when trying to guess where I'm from, which is funny because my brother is 100% white-passing lmao
Either way, I didn't try out seaweed until I was about 16 thanks to me getting into japanese culture. My dad is adopted from Korea but tbh doesn't have even a slight interest in the country or culture, so I've never eaten Korean food at home or been taught Korean. Since it was like that for me, I can imagine others also not trying out seaweed until rather late

Now, I'm definitely not defending this girl, just wanted to share how I've experienced (or rather, haven't experienced) korean food. Because as candyvalentine states it's impossible not coming across food with seaweed if you've actually lived in Korea. It's everywhere and if you're brought up in Korea, like she at one point claims to be, you've most definitely eaten it. So her story doesn't really seem believable

Since I'm already writing I can might as well share my encounter with a couple of koreboos at a con

I used to be hella active in the cosplay and convention scene here in my country a couple of years ago, and kpop has grown a lot among people who attend conventions. I was working as a staff member on one of these and two girls came up to me and asked if I was japanese (probably because it was a con that mainly focuses on Japan and Japanese culture). When I said no, they asked what asian country I was from, so I said that my dad was from Korea and they just went nuts. Squeeled things like "omg then you're korean", "that's so cool", "you're so pretty", "I could tell you were korean" and whatnot, then stated that "I was their's" and that they had called dibs on me.
Like what ???
Apparently, they were into kpop and since "I was korean" (though I'm half and tbh don't see myself as korean since I've grown up entirely with western culture) they called dibs on me before anyone else did. Said that if anyone asked I should say I was their's, and if I had any siblings they were their's too. Then they really just hugged me before running off to their friends, it was suuuch a weird encounter. Later on I came to realize how sick it actually was, and this was years ago - I can unfortunately imagine it being a lot more toxic nowadays

Koreaboos seem to view koreans as objects for them to own, rather than people. It sickens the hell out of me

Posted (edited)

does anyone know this girl? it’s from rheehab’s MV “whatchaname” at 43 seconds and i thought she was korean at first like most of the girls in the MV but then i noticed the hmong story cloth (i’ve only ever seen teachers and hmong people have one) hung on her wall lol. possible koreaboo? 

A74DCD8A-7153-4473-8179-112BCF469333.jpeg

Edited by lol

Posted

52C64570-96E0-4118-853C-1AB4DC3A3FA5.jpeg

I have no idea about the legality of stuff like this, I'm guessing it's legal? But it's so disrespectful and creepy. I'm assuming they didn't ask these people's permission to post photos of them? I'd really like to get those 39.7k people in a room and ask WHY!? What do you get out of this?? 

Posted

Though this could be added:

Screenshot_2017-12-31-16-50-20.thumb.png

bonus: check out the owner

Posted (edited)

I mean there are tons of accounts solely dedicated to posting photos of ~*aesthetic looking*~ asian ppl.

I also saw a huge increase of thinspo accounts with only korean girls/kpop as content and captions such as "I wish I was korean!! they're so thin!!" Worst thing is they know those female idols undergo drastic diets in order to achieve their frame but they still want to look like them. It's so sad.

Edited by Mewd

Posted

I follow this girl @hyulari on instagram and person was roleplaying with her face, i don't remember if they were saying they were chinese or korean, but she is Vietnamese so it was just so weird and she posted it on her story so I went to check the comments of this account and there were people playing along? Like that is so delusional and so creepy especially when the person they're roleplaying has no idea that their doing it... all I did was @ hillary in the commnt section and people got angry at me for doing so like.... okay but that's a whole persons identity you're taking for the sole fact that their asian? because you don't even bother to find out which asian country your own persona is from, it's so bizarre to me

Posted

does anyone know this girl? it’s from rheehab’s MV “whatchaname” at 43 seconds and i thought she was korean at first like most of the girls in the MV but then i noticed the hmong story cloth (i’ve only ever seen teachers and hmong people have one) hung on her wall lol. possible koreaboo? 

A74DCD8A-7153-4473-8179-112BCF469333.jpeg

dont know her but as a hmong girl, i'm happy she included the story cloth to show some hmong representation BUUUUT she's trying really hard to fit into the "stereotypical ig korean girl" aesthetic that makes me feel like she wants to pass as Korean. There's a difference incorporating Korean trends into your look vs. trying to look "Korean" and this girl is doing the latter :/ (see through bangs, natural brows, circle lens, doe-eyed makeup, v-line face). i still think she looks bomb tho, even if she's trying hard to be something she's not....