• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

General Koreaboo Thread

4503 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sorry but what could a 31 year old GROWN man possibly see in a 19 year old? He can't find anyone who's at least 25? That's weird and creepy, idc idc. If she were 30 and he were 42, that'd be different. But 19 and 31? You're at completely different points in life. what the hell

This is some wild 90-day fiance episode

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I posted this a while ago but realized I posted it on the wrong thread (I thought Korean Beaty Youtubers was K-Beauty not actual Korean people OTL) but I wanted to know how y'all feel about Darcei! I used to like her but she said something (I can't remember honestly) that gave me a really weird vibe + what I put under the spoiler (I'm new so hopefully I didn't do it incorrectly). Also on the mistaken thread, I mentioned how she's been acting extra like 👁 👄 👁 on her stories since Binne (a 'Korean bf' asmr YouTuber) mentioned her in a live stream. She also keeps bringing up her virginity but I haven't seen anyone talk about it?? idk like she's an adult, I don't think anyone would question the status of her V-Card at this point

Edited by iaki
messed up the spoiler

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I posted this a while ago but realized I posted it on the wrong thread (I thought Korean Beaty Youtubers was K-Beauty not actual Korean people OTL) but I wanted to know how y'all feel about Darcei! I used to like her but she said something (I can't remember honestly) that gave me a really weird vibe + what I put under the spoiler (I'm new so hopefully I didn't do it incorrectly). Also on the mistaken thread, I mentioned how she's been acting extra like 👁 👄 👁 on her stories since Binne (a 'Korean bf' asmr YouTuber) mentioned her in a live stream. She also keeps bringing up her virginity but I haven't seen anyone talk about it?? idk like she's an adult, I don't think anyone would question the status of her V-Card at this point

Hidden Content

I used to her watch her too but her make-up videos became kinda repetitive. Idk but she just gives off the trying-too-hard, "I'm goofy and not like other girls" quirky vibes most anime/kpop stans have. I love that she still acknowledges her own culture and only appreciates another one (or that's what she showed the last time I watched her videos). I don't think she's a Koreaboo but no doubt, lowkey she has a preference for dating East Asian men though lol. 

Edited by pistoche

Posted

I used to her watch her too but her make-up videos are became kinda repetitive. Idk but she just gives off the trying-too-hard, "I'm goofy and not like other girls" quirky vibes most anime/kpop stans have. I love that she still acknowledges her own culture and only appreciates another one (or that's what she shows the last time I watched her videos). I don't think she's a Koreaboo but no doubt, lowkey she has a preference for dating East Asian men though lol. 

Yeah, I also agree that she's giving off a small 'pickme' 'I'm quirky1!1!' vibe, but overall she has been harmless. The post I quoted was what made me feel iffy cus Joel Osteen is actual garbage and I don't know any 'good' Christians who would willingly support him. 

Posted

Yeah, I also agree that she's giving off a small 'pickme' 'I'm quirky1!1!' vibe, but overall she has been harmless. The post I quoted was what made me feel iffy cus Joel Osteen is actual garbage and I don't know any 'good' Christians who would willingly support him. 

Do most Christians there know who that Joel guy is? I thought the tweet was what stereotypical Christians would say so I really had no opinions about it at first. If she really knew how bad that guy is while supporting one his claims, then that does make her seem fishy. 

Posted

Bonus points, because Moy is into Kpop and she sometimes calls Sengwa Minho or Jhope and her fans keep saying how lucky Moy is and how she's living the dream life. It's just full of Kpop avis and people who put Moy on a pedestal because she's a Filipino girl who managed to date a Korean man. The whole thing reeks of race fetish. 🤮🤮🤮

unnamed.thumb.gif.d195fbf3930a90821ab0e4

Posted

Hidden Content

I still believe her and Binnie are a thing and it's the MOST random youtube relationship ever. She started gawking and fawning about being in love with a Korean dude she "meet" for a month or so and putting up like "my Korean boyfriend" tiktoks etc

While we're on this, Binnie does pander towards the koreaboo crowd....well any "my Korean boyfriend" asmrtist does. I'd joined the discord a while ago and man.....it's a koreaboo breading ground.

Posted

Do most Christians there know who that Joel guy is? I thought the tweet was what stereotypical Christians would say so I really had no opinions about it at first. If she really knew how bad that guy is while supporting one his claims, then that does make her seem fishy. 

I know she's Canadian so she might not be super informed but like a quick google search lets you know lol. Also you can't trust anyone nowadays so I don't openly support anyone unless I'm 1000% sure they're not garbage 

I still believe her and Binnie are a thing and it's the MOST random youtube relationship ever. She started gawking and fawning about being in love with a Korean dude she "meet" for a month or so and putting up like "my Korean boyfriend" tiktoks etc

While we're on this, Binnie does pander towards the koreaboo crowd....well any "my Korean boyfriend" asmrtist does. I'd joined the discord a while ago and man.....it's a koreaboo breading ground.

Omg hi again!

I hope I'm not being too OT about this but yeah he's super pander-y, his insta bio had me cringing the other day. If they are together, I hope its healthy but it just seems super random like you mentioned

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 4.15.03 PM.png

Posted

idk where to post this but i just needed to share this foolery:

https://vm.tiktok.com/JRbX59a/

basically this girl from england is showing all her tinder matches/messages with “savage love” playing. but the thing is about Tinder in Korea, a lot of men just swipe and message a whole bunch of girls. just like how she swiped right on those 400+ men, there’s barely any selectivism in that.

i mean this seems to give her a good confidence boost and that’s good but she’s really not all that 💀

Posted

basically this girl from england is showing all her tinder matches/messages with “savage love” playing ...

thats already a red flag.

Dont dare to complain why guys wont take you seriously if you do this shit 👌🏻

Posted

I know she's Canadian so she might not be super informed but like a quick google search lets you know lol. Also you can't trust anyone nowadays so I don't openly support anyone unless I'm 1000% sure they're not garbage 

Omg hi again!

I hope I'm not being too OT about this but yeah he's super pander-y, his insta bio had me cringing the other day. If they are together, I hope its healthy but it just seems super random like you mentioned

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 4.15.03 PM.png

"Korean Boyfriend ASMR"

yeah... pack it up

Posted

in comparison to other popular koreaboos, I don't think darcei is particularly problematic, just hella annoying. I remember watching a couple videos and thinking they're okay. she's not really fetishizing or trying to be korean (as far as I know), she's just a ~qUiRkY~ black girl that's into korean pop culture.

re: her youtube thumbnail drama, I'm not mad like the knetz in her comments were. the pony thumbnail might've been a little unflattering, but DEFINITELY not worth getting called racial slurs over. the jella one I can kinda understand. it's not just unflattering, but the fact that darcei chanced it w/ the unflattering thumbnail + stretched back eyes combo... yikes. but knetz get hella mad over everything, and they get racist without much prompting so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's just so annoying how she tries on all this korean makeup just to say she's too black for it. obviously?? korea is pretty homogenous in terms of ethnicity, so kbeauty companies don't really worry that much about shade range unless they want some success internationally. trendy korean clothing, makeup, and hair products are set to fit a pretty strict standard that applies to pale, thin korean women so she's wasting her money trying to shove her square self into a round hole. hey, sometimes it looks kinda flattering and good for her! but it's getting repetitive and annoying.

Posted (edited)

I agree. Darcei is not the worst by any means, but it gets annoying when every video she -has- to mention how ___ wasnt made for girls her color, or _____ isnt meant for her shape, or that _____ is for people with money money.

The Binnie guy.. I have never heard or seen him anywhere but I'd love to know the inner-workings of any individual who is a "korean boyfriend asmr" lmfao wtf.

I'm not going to excuse Korean companies though, well, at least not the ones who clearly want to be "international" companies for makeup lets say but can't include more than 2 cushion colors etc, but that's a completely different subject.

Edited by givenchy

Posted

Screenshot_20200515-223451_TikTok.thumb.

Screenshot_20200515-223453_TikTok.thumb.

Ik this is old. I went to check out her tiktok just now and realised she's from the same part of India as me. I can't speak for all of Kerala but my town is quite dark and traditional and you'd usually get attention for being lighter. Also the makeup, hair and clothes she wears would definitely bring a lot of attention. I doubt anyone is thinking she's mixed tho. 

Posted

idk where to post this but i just needed to share this foolery:

https://vm.tiktok.com/JRbX59a/

basically this girl from england is showing all her tinder matches/messages with “savage love” playing. but the thing is about Tinder in Korea, a lot of men just swipe and message a whole bunch of girls. just like how she swiped right on those 400+ men, there’s barely any selectivism in that.

i mean this seems to give her a good confidence boost and that’s good but she’s really not all that 💀

it’s sad because all those men are thirsty fboys... not something to brag about