• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

General Koreaboo Thread

4469 posts in this topic

Posted

i just needed to talk to someone about this person, she's Oli London's backup dancer. Just posts the most cringe inducing videos.

https://youtu.be/Br8GqPU3MxI

Screenshot_20200519-003415_Instagram.jpg

WHAT THE ACTUAL fuck did i just watch omfg

Posted

i just needed to talk to someone about this person, she's Oli London's backup dancer. Just posts the most cringe inducing videos.

I got 20 seconds in and quit.

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT.

Posted

I feel bad for saying this but I’m actually scared ghdhkf (also why isn’t she putting her hair together I-) 

Posted

This is some next level hypocrisy lol. Respect for owning up to it though. Acknowledging the mistakes you've done isn't a lot of people can do, but i will have to agree with the posts above, you being a koreaboo yourself (in the past) makes you lose the credibility to make fun of these girls who are (hopefully) just going through a phase, I would advise you too to stop making videos on your channel about kboos and focus on your daughter whom I know you love very much. It's very obvious that you're just growing up as a parent, and are now realizing the mistakes you've done and how wrong they are, however- making cringey compilation of yourself is not an apology, and having a sad childhood is not an excuse to be a koreaboo/weeb. I just hope the best for you and your baby Koreaboocop especially in the midst of this current pandemic. 

Posted

I got 20 seconds in and quit.

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT.

it gets even worse the more you watch. 0:35 is when it really starts.

Just dont understand why anyone would put something like this online. Like have fun dancing and all that, but please don't post it lol. I'm feeling so much second hand embarrassment. 

Posted

I think more than anything I don’t want my daughter’s life to be full of drama at all. She’s the most important person to me in the world. So I won’t be posting the video anymore. I know some people may think I’m doing this because I got “called out” but I want my daughter’s life to be normal. I do recognize my faults and I think this whole experience has showed me that being in the spotlight isn’t for me. I just want her to be a normal kid. So just know that I have heard your words and have taken them to heart. 

Posted

I agree with this comment as a whole but shouldn't we... Blur the faces of people (and especially babies) who appear on her social media though? Regarding her face being revealed for everyone to see: I don't give a fuck, she had it coming anyway. But others probably not (especially the kids), when PULL is like out there and you can view the forum without having to register anyway. Even if her accounts were previously public, the chance of them being seen by as much people as those who lurk PULL was slim to none.

I don't know, just a quick thought. We afford the same courtesy to the likes of Jasmine with Luna's pictures (or Alex & Ana on pictures with other people from their childhood/teen years), I feel like we should the same in this case.

you are totally right and that was my fault. I went back and tried to cover some of the photos so if others who quoted could remove the old ones it would be appreciated but i dont know if Liane even really cares sadly...shes still using Annabel as her profile picture. Poor baby. 

Posted

you are totally right and that was my fault. I went back and tried to cover some of the photos so if others who quoted could remove the old ones it would be appreciated but i dont know if Liane even really cares sadly...shes still using Annabel as her profile picture. Poor baby. 

Don't worry (that's why I quoted you but still erased those pictures from my quote)! Even then, correcting that mistake makes you way more decent than some kboos out there who don't care that some people (even friends and kids) are tied to their antics.

At this point it's not even just second hand embarrassment, I just had a full body cringe after the first 10 seconds. Dear God, did Oli's management found this girl drunk dancing in some bar and thought "Yup, we have to hire her!" ???

giphy.gif

Posted

I feel bad for making fun of her, she looks like she got something going on mentally in that clip.

Posted

and idk if she is joking or something, but she seems to be pretending this random youtuber is her boyfriend?? she doesn't tag him, because he has pictures with his real gf on his page. 

Screenshot_20200519-112657_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200519-111935_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Don't worry (that's why I quoted you but still erased those pictures from my quote)! Even then, correcting that mistake makes you way more decent than some kboos out there who don't care that some people (even friends and kids) are tied to their antics.

At this point it's not even just second hand embarrassment, I just had a full body cringe after the first 10 seconds. Dear God, did Oli's management found this girl drunk dancing in some bar and thought "Yup, we have to hire her!" ???

giphy.gif

I wish people would learn that EVERYTHING does not need to be posted on social media 

Posted

I think more than anything I don’t want my daughter’s life to be full of drama at all. She’s the most important person to me in the world. So I won’t be posting the video anymore. I know some people may think I’m doing this because I got “called out” but I want my daughter’s life to be normal. I do recognize my faults and I think this whole experience has showed me that being in the spotlight isn’t for me. I just want her to be a normal kid. So just know that I have heard your words and have taken them to heart. 

I finally caught up (what a wild ride)

and ignoring your kboo general stuff (and the oreo thing? cmon I hope you don't do that shit anymore), the photo you posted of your daughter at seven months has tags that talk solely about her race, not about who she is as a person. I hope you learn from all this, but to me it seems not "that long ago" that you were doing stuff worthy of being called out (and also, kboo stuff might be laughably cringey, but fetishizing your daughter/viewing her solely through the lens of her mixed heritage is actually problematic). As someone who is half Korean I would be devastated if I found out my parents valued me solely for my "exotic" race or "special mix" or whatever, rather than for who I am as a human being. If I ever found out my parents had bragged about me being a "half Korean baby!!!!" to friends, I would feel very...othered. Very much viewed as an object, a thing. To me, this indicates you still have some learning to do.

Whenever you look at your daughter, I hope you take a moment to reflect on any thoughts you might have about her race, because at the end of the day those should be pushed aside since it's not all she is nor the most important parts of herself. Also, imo I don't think it's necessary for you to teach her about Korean culture as a single mom--you can help her learn that as she grows and expresses interest, but I'm sure you've got enough on your plate and tbh neither my mother nor I was raised with much awareness of Korean culture, and I ended up seeking it out on my own when I was old enough (and being raised that way it didn't make either me or my mother any less Korean). I find people in your situation sometimes overcompensate, which is well-intentioned but imo unnecessary and an extra burden on you--don't worry, she'll never lose that part of herself just because you don't speak to her in Korean or celebrate Chuseok. (ofc if you want to do those things, I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just saying don't feel undue pressure to do so, based on my own experiences)

I do wish you the best, am glad you'll stop the videos, and hope your daughter grows up to be happy, fulfilled, and kind. But I did just want to add my 2c because when I saw your picture of your daughter with the tags I felt very sad for her. I hope this isn't too harsh, but as you yourself said, we need to call out bad behavior so people have a chance to learn--I hope you take this lesson to heart, for your daughter's sake.

Posted

and idk if she is joking or something, but she seems to be pretending this random youtuber is her boyfriend?? she doesn't tag him, because he has pictures with his real gf on his page. 

Screenshot_20200519-112657_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200519-111935_Instagram.jpg

And now I'm worried that I laughed at someone who's not entirely alright in the head...

She didn't even bother finding picture without anything on and decided to screenshot his videos? Either she's a troll or she needs help.

Posted (edited)

You put people in your video who are clearly just trolling or joking... and why are Megan Bowen and Whitneybae in there? It disgusts me that you are not only a hypocrite, but also including people who aren't even koreaboos. 

edit; People who are downvoting this, do you care to explain? Is it because you think the people I mentioned are in fact k-boos? Orrr because you think the people who are just trolling and making fun of k-boos should still be included in the video? o.O

Edited by Idc0494

Posted (edited)

I will miss you're content koreaboocop. You actually put real genuine cringe out there that wasn't repeated or anything but that's because you were one too and know how that stuff goes. "It takes one to know one" type of situation. I give you props for being civil though.

If I were you, I'll delete everything of koreaboocop and just focus on yourself and your life rn.

Edited by Boobufestu
Error 404