• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

3984 posts in this topic

Posted

oh my god, try not to pop a blood vessel, of course no one thinks every single person in a country likes a certain look. there's still what "majority" likes or what the "mainstream" beauty ideal would be. every country has that lmfao. you sound oddly pressed over it as well....

anyway, that list is bullshit and i am sorry we insulted the basic white chick(s) who probably payed for a spot on the list, same as other kboos. now can we please go back to posting actual interesting shit itt?

i'm not angry, it's just annoying how many koreaboos are on this website and act like because they have a capital "K" korean bf/husband/whatever, they're experts. and tbf i don't think it's true that there's a mainstream beauty ideal in most countries beyond extremely basic and universal traits (clear skin, big eyes, small nose, etc which are applicable everywhere). that's off topic though. i don't care about insulting them, go ahead, i'm saying don't act like you know what all koreans think because you're banging one. 

Posted

i'm not angry, it's just annoying how many koreaboos are on this website and act like because they have a capital "K" korean bf/husband/whatever, they're experts. and tbf i don't think it's true that there's a mainstream beauty ideal in most countries beyond extremely basic and universal traits (clear skin, big eyes, small nose, etc which are applicable everywhere). that's off topic though. i don't care about insulting them, go ahead, i'm saying don't act like you know what all koreans think because you're banging one. 

spoiler for OT

but bold of you to assume that everyone here is a koreaboo lmao. you're doing the same thing right now too, big eyes small nose and all that crap aint univeral, like, some countries like younger features, some prefer sharper (in a lot of slavic countries sharper features to a degree are more desirable, combined with tanned skin in south east europe, contrary to popular belief that we're all having raging boners for blond hair blue eyes and pale skin). and if we're looking at mainstream shit in korea, like foreign models, a lot of them don't have the face this bitch has, her chin is too big for starters. next thing you're gonna tell me is that, no, korea doesn't have a problem with being racist af to foreigners, especially dark skinned ones, cause "not everyone hates dark skin over there!!11!!" despite having virtually no black models/celebs etc. it's easy to pick out some patterns, it ain't rocket science.

also, newsflash, you're no more of an expert than some rando online or their s/o lmfao. tl;dr obv not every single person has the same taste, why is that still a fucking argument in almost 2020 is beyond me. 

Posted

spoiler for OT

Hidden Content

like i said...koreans are as diverse in thought and opinion as americans, germans, the french, etc...i am not saying that the media has not produced an "ideal" image it tries to sell...again, every country's media does that...what i am saying is, the individual human beings that make up korea (50+ million people) all have varying tastes and preferences. so yes, some koreans definitely prefer all the things you listed. some don't. some probably don't care. you'd have to ask like, all of them. what the media promotes is not necessarily what population as a whole prefers. it's silly to argue online about what "koreans" like because there's literally millions of them. i'm not saying i know more than anyone else, i'm saying the argument itself is extremely flawed and ridiculous, especially if you're basing it off of your spouse's opinion. it's orientalizing. koreans do not all think the same. 

Posted

i mean this is just ridiculous lol. there are 50+ million koreans living in south korea, despite what you (apparently) think, they all have their own preferences; there is no “golden” face or body, especially for foreigners. using your “korean” husband to represent all koreans is as ridiculous as using my opinions to represent all americans. some koreans will think she’s pretty, some will think she’s just average, some may even think she’s ugly. by the way, chuu sells clothes for women, not men, and their models represent both their brand and what /women/ might find beautiful. men are not on that site; the models are not for them. 

only 50+ year old men associate russia with prostitution. russian women began arriving in korea after the collapse of the ussr...about 30 years ago...russians are now mostly associated with modeling among young people. only old men and literal perverts will use “russian” to mean “prostitute” 

and i’m sure you’ll clap back with some 50kg ideal/koreans are all conformists bullshit but that’s all media. the media may try to tell people what is beautiful (which they do in every country...) but they can’t control individual tastes. if you can read korean look a little online, there are plenty of people who find even “natural” beauties ugly. for example i just looked online and found a thread titled: “못생긴 아이돌을 잘생겼다고 우기는 심리가 무엇인가요?” so even idols, who are literally molded to fit the “ideal” beauty standard (rip everyone’s jaws) are considered ugly by some people (duh), one person comments “사림마다 이쁘고 잘생김의 기준이 다르잖아요” so...sorry but insisting that there is truly a “golden” face/body that every korean prefers is silly and frankly orientalizing. koreans are human beings and are as diverse in thought and opinions as americans, germans, the french, etc. 

okay well first of all no need to get so upset, I literally said "for what it's worth" and that worth could be 0, which is fine. I didn't say, "my husband is the sole representative of korea!!!!!" and I don't view it as such tbh I wish I could've added a shrugging emoji after that because that was how I felt about it, like eh; and I still have heard of white, blue eyed, blonde women getting the "Are you Russian?" question from younger generations! It's totally absurd and repulsive, but it's a stereotype that I've found that persists there, along with the "riding the white/black horse." It's not EVERY Korean, but it sadly has not faded out of society FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Plus I had never heard that Russians were the ideal type for Koreans (a generalization btw which is what I was asking about, not agreeing with) and another user had written that (but you have no problem with them saying that??). I simply was pointing out that her face did not fit imo the "ideal beauty in Korea" as a few others have suggested, and from my experience a lot of Koreans agree on generally what features are "ideal." Is it everyone in Korea? Absolutely not. But I also understand why some looks appeal more to the general public in Korea versus in, say, America (even looking at trends of looks/styles on instagram in the two countries). Not sure why you so strongly went after what I wrote. A SHIT ton of people generalized here before I did, and even though I recognize Koreans are diverse, I find they still tend to have a more cohesive mindset than Americans (where I'm from)--at least in the sense of saying things like a certain celeb is "The Nation's little sister" etc. Like of course, everyone's tastes are different but AGAIN other people had said Deesee(?) fit Korea's ideal look, so I was disagreeing with that--and clearly you disagree too, but felt no need to comment on that before???? I feel like you misinterpreted some of the things I wrote in ways to fit your argument, and I understand your frustration because I actually agree with the things you wrote and perhaps I should've been more clear, but again I'm mainly confused why you went so hard at me, when like ten other comments talked about "Korean ideals" and generalized Koreans beforehand but it was radio silence then, and I was actually trying to make a counterpoint to those generalizations.

ANYWAYS

The MAIN reason I asked was to wonder about this group--TC Chandler? What is that? I tried looking it up but all that comes up is the info on their 100 Beautiful Faces thing? But is that all they do? I ask because everyone is talking about how "oh well of course Deesee/Sissel got on because they are the Korean ideal face" but is TC Chandler a Korean company? Cuz if not, I don't see how that would matter at all. I'm also confused as to why there are so many Kpop stars? Like it seems to just be American celebs, Kpop stars, and a small scattering of others? Not exactly what I would call diverse in terms of beauty, and there are beautiful people all over the world (and sorry but I don't think Sissel or Deesee match some of the people on there). Just wondering like how this group has any credibility, cuz right now it seems like some random people with decisions that make no sense and who also seem to do literally nothing else, so not sure why anyone cares about their list?

Posted

The MAIN reason I asked was to wonder about this group--TC Chandler? What is that? I tried looking it up but all that comes up is the info on their 100 Beautiful Faces thing? But is that all they do? I ask because everyone is talking about how "oh well of course Deesee/Sissel got on because they are the Korean ideal face" but is TC Chandler a Korean company? Cuz if not, I don't see how that would matter at all. I'm also confused as to why there are so many Kpop stars? Like it seems to just be American celebs, Kpop stars, and a small scattering of others? Not exactly what I would call diverse in terms of beauty, and there are beautiful people all over the world (and sorry but I don't think Sissel or Deesee match some of the people on there). Just wondering like how this group has any credibility, cuz right now it seems like some random people with decisions that make no sense and who also seem to do literally nothing else, so not sure why anyone cares about their list?

tc chandler consists of "independent critics" which means nothing so they pretty much rely on the clicks they get and with how big kpop is now, of course they add idols to get the attention of rabid fans. i think the only "validity" they have is the fact that they've been doing it for years.

Posted

PULL is back and I'm so glad, because Oli London got married to a cardboard cut-out of Jimin in Vegas and at this point I'm so over this guy. The wedding was obviously fake, but he really played it up on twitter and made a tasteless response video to the "hate" he got for it.

Can I just say that I'm annoyed af that Oli is getting so much attention? Because that's obviously what he wants. Before his first Barcroft video he had never even once mentioned BTS (or kpop in general) and it was super obvious he was just trying to use their current fame to gain some infamy among armys. And it worked so fucking well, it pisses me off!!! By now I see him posted on r/instagramreality and r/botchedsurgeries almost daily, and Pewdiepie went and made a video about him too! Can we just all collectively decide to ignore him please?

Also, how fucking sad of a life do you have to lead to spend thousands on plastic surgery to look like a different person, who you just pretend to like, but not actually give a shit about? And all of that just so a few people on the internet know you (and hate you). It's pathetic.

Posted

@Baka agreed. I'm soooo sick of seeing this guy all over social media. It's so obvious he's just lying about wanting to look like Jimin. Still youtubers jump on topic like this like vultures and shove low quality videos about it like shut the fuck up if you don't have anything new to say more funny jokes to make. 

Posted

I'm so sick and tired of seeing London Oli everywhere! He's a laughing stock that should've been forgotten already. But no, Western publications are so hell bent on making kpop fans look crazy as possible so they keep focusing on this man. Did he really need Dr. Phil's intervention? No. I've had enough of his clout chasing shenanigans!

Posted (edited)

i’m not sure if this is the right place - if not, let me know and i’ll delete it - but i found some info on miranda choi. she’s a white model that lives (?) in seoul and has been here for several years (?) and associates with a lot of other “famous” foreigners. she has about 85k followers on insta. 

anyway, i found her insta and recognized her name - googled her and apparently people were talking about her on this thread in 2018. at the time a lot of people were speculating about her real face because her photos are heavily photoshopped...well! after finding her insta i was also really curious about her real face. she has pictures of her herself at fashion week and seems to associate with actual models, which made me assume that she might also be an actual model...which means she has a model profile out there somewhere. i found it super easily after searching some basic stuff in korean. 

instagram face: 

F84909EE-20A9-48B9-B959-C73000088173.thu

1F86C54D-03EB-4221-BB21-C79B2E1D83B9.thu

16897C3D-F210-43B8-A8EA-366130F92720.thu

and...her real face:

A98D3A4D-D3B1-4A2C-B11E-BECB362A40D6.thu

FF545B44-BC07-4C33-9DFE-DB9B119949A4.thu

C628D5D8-68A3-4CE0-8496-1EB11D7309BC.thu

A2B0FE21-A031-4D51-B8A8-283334DC5F7B.thu

here’s her model profile for those that might be interested

Edited by d67f

Posted

i’m not sure if this is the right place - if not, let me know and i’ll delete it - but i found some info on miranda choi. she’s a white model that lives (?) in seoul and has been here for several years (?) and associates with a lot of other “famous” foreigners. she has about 85k followers on insta. 

anyway, i found her insta and recognized her name - googled her and apparently people were talking about her on this thread in 2018. at the time a lot of people were speculating about her real face because her photos are heavily photoshopped...well! after finding her insta i was also really curious about her real face. she has pictures of her herself at fashion week and seems to associate with actual models, which made me assume that she might also be an actual model...which means she has a model profile out there somewhere. i found it super easily after searching some basic stuff in korean. 

instagram face: 

and...her real face:

Her natural nose isn’t big and she is above average in the looks department but jfc she photoshops way too much, especially her nose. Do these kind of girls not worry about people meeting them irl and finding out how they really look? From the kind of lifestyle she tries to present on her instagram, you’d think she’d have the money and just go ahead and get a nose job if she edits it that much.

Posted

instagram face: 

and...her real face:

oh wow. those are two different ppl, but idk if it belongs here though idk where it should go lol

Posted (edited)

oh wow. those are two different ppl, but idk if it belongs here though idk where it should go lol

i think it belongs here, she's been mentioned on this thread 1-2 years ago before and also katieaegi's thread coz she doesn't have one of her own.

but I'm not fully sure coz it's been established that she's an asian woman trying to be white 

edit: she's actually arab trying to be white? I'm confused 😕

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted (edited)

PULL is back and I'm so glad, because Oli London got married to a cardboard cut-out of Jimin in Vegas and at this point I'm so over this guy. The wedding was obviously fake, but he really played it up on twitter and made a tasteless response video to the "hate" he got for it.

Can I just say that I'm annoyed af that Oli is getting so much attention? Because that's obviously what he wants. Before his first Barcroft video he had never even once mentioned BTS (or kpop in general) and it was super obvious he was just trying to use their current fame to gain some infamy among armys. And it worked so fucking well, it pisses me off!!! By now I see him posted on r/instagramreality and r/botchedsurgeries almost daily, and Pewdiepie went and made a video about him too! Can we just all collectively decide to ignore him please?

Also, how fucking sad of a life do you have to lead to spend thousands on plastic surgery to look like a different person, who you just pretend to like, but not actually give a shit about? And all of that just so a few people on the internet know you (and hate you). It's pathetic.

Kind of related, but a little OT, so spoilering:

Oli London's friend Frenchy Morgan seems to really want the attention Oli has been getting and I saw this pop up on BarcroftTV recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RH9JQBWCW0

And it screams "I have no idea what I'm talking about, but Oli got famous, so it might work for me too!"

ytho.png

Edited by kotokari
spoliering

Posted

Wow Miranda Choi, forgot about her for a hot minute... Is she still doing visa runs to stay in Korea?

Posted

Kind of related, but a little OT, so spoilering:

Hidden Content

Saying they want to look like asian/a kpop idol trought PS must be the newest trend for those talentless PS junkies who thrive for attention, thanks to Oli.

Frenchy isn't even a koreaboo (and I highly doubt Oli even likes BTS). Nothing in her appearence appeals to the Korean Beauty Standard. I don't think she can even name a single kpop group/soloist that isn't BTS or Blackpink.

If these 2 really wanted to look asian, they should go the Xiahn Nishi route and do a mono eyelid surgery already, since they already spent so much money in other PS.