• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

4392 posts in this topic

Posted

Tbh I like the melody of the main chorus, but I really dislike the melody of the dance break. It seems like it could belong to a song with a totally different vibe and I hate when people add a random ass beat drop just for the sake of it instead of it fitting in with the rest of the song.

omg I’m just browsing this forum and I just realised that I’ve seen this Eddie guy dancing on stage at a gay club in Itaewon.

So there’s this gay club in Seoul that has kpop nights every Saturday and I don’t live in Seoul but I do live in Korea so I’ve only been there about 5 or 6 times but he has been there every single time I’ve gone.

basically you’re allowed to go on stage and dance in front of everyone and just have fun and because everyone is korean he really stands out which is why I remembered him every week. 

I don’t wanna sound like a bitch but I just remember cringing, because he was so out of rhythm and while the korean guys on stage were having fun it looked like Eddie was looking for attention staring off in the crowd lmao.    

I have some videos on my phone but I’m not sure how to upload them.

Posted

omg I’m just browsing this forum and I just realised that I’ve seen this Eddie guy dancing on stage at a gay club in Itaewon. 

So there’s this gay club in Seoul that has kpop nights every Saturday and I don’t live in Seoul but I do live in Korea so I’ve only been there about 5 or 6 times but he has been there every single time I’ve gone.

basically you’re allowed to go on stage and dance in front of everyone and just have fun and because everyone is korean he really stands out which is why I remembered him every week. 

I don’t wanna sound like a bitch but I just remember cringing, because he was so out of rhythm and while the korean guys on stage were having fun it looked like Eddie was looking for attention staring off in the crowd lmao.    

I have some videos on my phone but I’m not sure how to upload them.

maybe make a burner youtube and upload it there? or turn it into a gif? 

Posted

Surprised no one has mentioned this girl but @cuhhloe on Instagram at first I thought she was Korean until I realized how badly shopped her nose is like sashavldr level and looked through her tag and found out she’s a Filipina shopping herself to look Korean

DA896552-1529-4817-AB4B-AE320D19AA61.thuB9984B44-CB56-41B9-BE27-293A63A5A962.thuF9173AEA-75CB-4BF4-A97A-CCCCE1AA6183.thu61CF3B64-3A0A-47C0-ABCB-06947704C095.thu

Posted (edited)

Surprised no one has mentioned this girl but @cuhhloe on Instagram at first I thought she was Korean until I realized how badly shopped her nose is like sashavldr level and looked through her tag and found out she’s a Filipina shopping herself to look Korean

DA896552-1529-4817-AB4B-AE320D19AA61.thuB9984B44-CB56-41B9-BE27-293A63A5A962.thuF9173AEA-75CB-4BF4-A97A-CCCCE1AA6183.thu61CF3B64-3A0A-47C0-ABCB-06947704C095.thu

I'm astounded at how that is even the same person.- Like i get it, using a bit of photoshop. Smooth out the skin some small adjustmets or whatever  that's fine However this is just :0 Like how do u meet any irl friends? what will the response be when you've literally switched races lol when you've shopped yourself beyond recognition. 

Edited by NicoleT
opinion add

Posted

That’s so weird isn’t madebyrem dating her? Is he getting catfished omg

Posted

That’s so weird isn’t madebyrem dating her? Is he getting catfished omg

that’s what i’m thinking LOL but it’s one of those instagram dating things so I don’t think they’ve ever even met.

Posted

that’s what i’m thinking LOL but it’s one of those instagram dating things so I don’t think they’ve ever even met.

omg.. instagram dating is a thing... i went on her insta and his insta.. so cringey, i’ve never been on that side of instagram before. This will be my first and last time.😂😂😂

Posted

I'm surprised she has her tagged photos available since they expose her catfishing

Posted

this is a bit ot, but do you guys consider a non korean having their instagram name in korean, only using snow, got a korean boyfriend and calls him oppa jokingly, loves kpop BUT doesn’t deny her ethnicity a koreaboo? 

wanted to ask before i posted anything. 

also sorry for poor english 

Posted (edited)

F9173AEA-75CB-4BF4-A97A-CCCCE1AA6183.thu

This girl is a whole different personO.o.  I didn’t know she existed until now yet I easily found non photoshop pictures in under a few seconds.  She is still pretty but is completely different from her ig. 

38813531-9FE5-4EAB-A8DB-2CE74D40DEF4.jpeg

3A332A2D-A509-42A5-BB1F-98C70CD68B6D.jpeg

Edited by Kenodoxia

Posted

this is a bit ot, but do you guys consider a non korean having their instagram name in korean, only using snow, got a korean boyfriend and calls him oppa jokingly, loves kpop BUT doesn’t deny her ethnicity a koreaboo? 

how far do they take it? they seem sus, and you don't have to want to change your race to be a kboo. if she fetishizes her boyfriend for being korean then probably yeah

Posted

how far do they take it? they seem sus, and you don't have to want to change your race to be a kboo. if she fetishizes her boyfriend for being korean then probably yeah

^ This. Even if they don't lie about their actual race, one major element of Koreaboos is the fetishization of Korean men/women and glorifying Korea itself as this magical land. Especially, if they edit off their own ethnic features to fit into Korean standards and basically look like them as much as possible.

Posted (edited)

Her eyes are edited in w/ fake contacts loool. You can use MakeupPlus for that. Not sure about the videos but it looks like Soda. Soda is pretty limited in terms of having filters w/ different “eye contact” colors; she probably took the pictures w/ Soda and edited her eyes w/ MakeupPlus. Soda really slims down your nose and face so it’s not noticeable unless you turn to the side. Also the blurring makes your skin look dewy and bright af 🥴 Her blemishes can be removed using Meitu without leaving a weird circle blur if done carefully.

I was able to achieve similar results when I wore heavy makeup and used Soda LOL (out of curiosity pls don’t kill me) The funny thing is that you can’t tell you’re wearing heavy makeup/using filters when using Soda.. it looks darn natural :doge:

Issa mix of filters and makeup I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I attached some recent pictures of her for comparison! The noticeable changes are her eyes, nose, and face slimming. Skin blurring and brightening weren’t too drastic imo.

EB38577B-F913-42AA-AF5B-720A40C69D8C.jpeg

C3E08821-3CF2-4870-817B-02BD8D3FC97F.jpeg

C97F4484-B109-4D61-9A72-09C9C93F6D50.jpeg

64057A22-53B9-4DC7-B871-375AC83D0C9C.jpeg

FA3E71EF-7CDE-443A-A163-0134B51CFE2E.jpeg

13BAF870-5A4F-4AB4-9056-E6BA4D4D44A8.jpeg

Edited by tonyang
comparison pictures :))

Posted

F9173AEA-75CB-4BF4-A97A-CCCCE1AA6183.thu

that edited nose really reminds me of serena (softcozywitch) tbh, she would look like the edited serena however chloe's chin is okay imo compare to serena's chin that looked so off bc she's aiming for dorito chin.