• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General Koreaboo Thread

4469 posts in this topic

Posted

so why she only follows koreans? -.-

you can easily scroll through and see not only koreans -.-

i thought that one was too obvious 

Posted

LOL, even if she is a koreaboo (?) she's not exactly a notable one. I think people should post only the worst fetishists/SNOW abusers.

Also, I wouldn't call Angelina Danilova a koreaboo. She worked hard to learn Korean and she hasn't had weird plastic surgery and she doesn't use much Photoshop or anything -- she just has features Koreans like. Sissel AB is a bit more borderline, and I think most people would agree about that (hence why she has a thread). She moved to Korea basically for clout and uses the Korean trend to her advantage. 

I don't think we have to vilify every non-Korean person that likes k-beauty. I feel like when people are really ~KOREABOOS~ it's more about the fact that they are generally shady/gross and also obsessed with Korea, lol (think about the French girls discussed lately).

Posted (edited)

you can easily scroll through and see not only koreans -.-

i thought that one was too obvious 

so what makes sissel ab a koreaboo?? and this girl no!?

LOL, even if she is a koreaboo (?) she's not exactly a notable one. I think people should post only the worst fetishists/SNOW abusers.

Also, I wouldn't call Angelina Danilova a koreaboo. She worked hard to learn Korean and she hasn't had weird plastic surgery and she doesn't use much Photoshop or anything -- she just has features Koreans like. Sissel AB is a bit more borderline, and I think most people would agree about that (hence why she has a thread). She moved to Korea basically for clout and uses the Korean trend to her advantage. 

I don't think we have to vilify every non-Korean person that likes k-beauty. I feel like when people are really ~KOREABOOS~ it's more about the fact that they are generally shady/gross and also obsessed with Korea, lol (think about the French girls discussed lately).

but other girls also did that like dasha taran she also went to korea for the same reason. and she took advantage and become a mode in korea i dont see any difference. i dont get why sissel gets so much hate thats why im mad that other girls do the same and nobody says anything

Edited by Mirandacute

Posted

so what makes sissel ab a koreaboo?? and this girl no!?

but other girls also did that like dasha taran she also went to korea for the same reason. and she took advantage and become a mode in korea i dont see any difference. i dont get why sissel gets so much hate thats why im mad that other girls do the same and nobody says anything

I don't really feel like writing a ton more about this, but I guess the point is that it's not very productive to drag low-profile women under the bus just because some higher-profile women get some hate (wouldn't say Sissel AB's thread is very vitriolic, though). Non-celebrities aren't held up to the same standards as celebrities. Not that Sissel AB is huge but she has quite a few subscribers and had some buzz a few years ago in China. We don't need to laugh at some anonymous Russian girl who has a brown bob and softer eyebrows just 'cuz. 

Sissel AB mostly gets hate, from what I've seen, because she hasn't made an effort to speak meaningful Korean even though she has been planning to move there for a long time (and now, of course, lives there). I've also seen comments that it's weird that she wore brown contacts often during her peak kboo days and would purposefully change her eye shape and stuff. That's more into the race-fake-y side of things.

Posted

i mean, this chick COULD be a kboo, but, you can't say that based just on the fact that she likes korean fashion/makeup and has a photocard in her phone case. imo she's cute, but looks like a dasha clone and seems equally boring. so unless she does something real cringy (you can scroll through the thread to see some examples) i wouldn't talk about her here. there's literally nothing to talk about lol

Posted

i mean, this chick COULD be a kboo, but, you can't say that based just on the fact that she likes korean fashion/makeup and has a photocard in her phone case. imo she's cute, but looks like a dasha clone and seems equally boring. so unless she does something real cringy (you can scroll through the thread to see some examples) i wouldn't talk about her here. there's literally nothing to talk about lol

You are right, i agree with you and im sorry :anime:

Posted

I saw Eddie at the Seoul Music Festival yesterday, he wasn't hard to spot with that outfit he's wearing lmao. It's a Sunday afternoon, Eddie, put the clubwear away.

Hhe2rgNGRvWF+gxbEONnFw.jpg

Posted

i see nothing wrong with dressing "extra" for a festival or just in general regardless. 

but for someone so heavily influenced in kpop, you'd think he would know how to put an outfit together 

Posted

he looks like he’s gonna start singing welcome to the black parade 🥴

when I was.... a young Korean boy named Jimin... my appa.... took me into the city..... to see the Gangnam man

omg omg... you guys are killing me....:hurrplz::hurrplz::hurrplz:

Posted

omg omg... you guys are killing me....:hurrplz::hurrplz::hurrplz:

when I was.... a young Korean boy named Jimin... my appa.... took me into the city..... to see the Gangnam man

he looks like he’s gonna start singing welcome to the black parade 🥴

Literally just cackled

Posted

I saw Eddie at the Seoul Music Festival yesterday, he wasn't hard to spot with that outfit he's wearing lmao. It's a Sunday afternoon, Eddie, put the clubwear away.

Hhe2rgNGRvWF+gxbEONnFw.jpg

You know, I almost admire his persistence in trying to become a Kpop idol.

It's not gonna happen Eddie, you gotta be talented to become an idol

Posted (edited)

Why do ppl want to become an idol?? The entertainment world in korea is fucked up. 

I have a cousin and a friend I know (who arent korean) who also wanted to audition and become a kpop idol. And I'm like why? These companies work you to the bone and you basically become a slave to them. 

Do ppl want to become an idol with the hopes of being able to meet their bts oppa or something ?

Edited by Clouded Moon

Posted

Why do ppl want to become an idol?? The entertainment world in korea is fucked up. 

I have a cousin and a friend I know (who arent korean) who also wanted to audition and become a kpop idol. And I'm like why? These companies work you to the bone and you basically become a slave to them. 

Do ppl want to become an idol with the hopes of being able to meet their bts oppa or something ?

I don't understand it too. Especially if you don't look like a Korean + you aren't attractive messured to their beauty standard + being a female and most likely one of the group gets offered to sponsers for sexual favours. The working hours are bad, you almost have no chance as a female to survive after the group disbands, you get hate for existing. If they all want to be famous than they should try it in their own country (or the U.S). Of course the music industry is nowhere better, but you don't have a language barrier, you have more rights as you would in Korea as a foreigner,  you have better chances at earning more money and doing something else than singing, you don't get as controlled, won't have to learn hard choreographies etc. I could go in forever about this. I have a friend like that too so I feel you, she is a Koreaboo and even died her hair black, goes to Korea the whole time, learns it (which isn't wrong but it gets too much with the others), she literally got this popular Korean see through bangs look, was obsessed with Jimin for like 5 years, buys Korean clothing and lamps etc., even thought Koreans don't sweat at all (and she was 17/18 back then) and downloaded KakaoTalk & only Korean news apps and acted like Korea has no problems at all. Even her phone is in Korean, even though she often doesn't understand it. She is not as bad now, because since she got a boyfriend she isn't that obsessed with Jimin anymore (she had posters of him over her bed and a plushee), but she still has that hair cut and black hair (and those round trendy Korean glasses) etc.