• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

General Koreaboo Thread

4469 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tbh I like the melody of the main chorus, but I really dislike the melody of the dance break. It seems like it could belong to a song with a totally different vibe and I hate when people add a random ass beat drop just for the sake of it instead of it fitting in with the rest of the song.

Here’s what I got from this mv:

*5DC1EAA4-AE8F-481E-9636-89705C32E54E.thuEddie looks like he can’t see but he’s actually trying to look sexy

* The balance between the instrumental and the vocals starts sounding weird when this girl starts singing419F6C5D-936E-4138-A748-1C4C73144150.jpeg

* Eddie’s only part ruins the whole song. He can’t sing nor rap. I couldn’t help but make a scrunched up face when first hearing his part. It just sounds so bad and forced

*The blonde girl’s voice hurts my throat 

* I dislike the first part the short blue haired girl sang. 

*There’s no actual build up to the dance break which makes it feel out of place

* There’s no bridge so the song just ends abruptly 

* The only people I liked in this mv were these two girls 

B01F4A14-74D8-43BE-BA79-7C024664C332.jpeg

A7AC01B6-9C4A-4581-9914-AAA30487176D.jpeg

Edited by Kenodoxia
sorry I keep adding the more I watch it

Posted

Eddie could have at least shaved his moustache. I can't stop staring at it, it is so distracting especially considering K-Pop idols (plus him trying to fit in a girl group. Let's be honest he wanted to be in a girl group and not in a co-ed group) always shave. He can't sing and not only his dancing is really stiff (especially compared to the other girls + he probably can't move the way a girl can, biological it is just like this), but his whole body frame makes him stand out in not a good way and his clothes make it worse. His short shirt and his short pants bring the attention even more to his torso and he already has, because he is a boy, a boxy frame and dressing like this while being surrounded by girls makes him seem thick(er). Him wearing high heels is also a bad decision considering he is already taller than the girls and already looks "massive" due to his clothes and his frame.

He should have worn black(or dark) clothes (with maybe highlights) and especially baggy pants (like some of the girls do) and flat shoes. Also the harness just brings the focus back to his boxy torso...

I am not going to talk about his make up, because I have no idea about it, but it looks horrible to me, but his hair is really ugly. It is ruined through dying it and it doesn't even look like it is styled. Why couldn't he let it be black or at least brown? Or even blond? Red looks ugly on almost everyone and especially if the person has short hair, it just looks bad. Even blue hair would have been better.

And why did the girls even want to be in a group with him? I know he is rather successful, but aren't even they a little embarrassed to have him in the group? Not because he is gay, but because he is trying to be sexy/sexual so much and makes everything seem like a joke. Why haven't they talked him out of these clothes? It seems like he shows more skin than all of them together and they don't even fit to the rest of the girls. If he wanted to stand out that much he could have worn neon coloured pants and a striped shirt

Posted

And why did the girls even want to be in a group with him?

some of the girls in the group are also koreaboos like eddie , that's probably why they don't care as long as they get their kpop fantasy

Posted

Wait wait wait i read a bit of this jimin in paris drama and just went on our old kboo friend wolves are hungry instagram and she wants to tell us that SHE was the girl that talked to him??? Lmaoooo

Screenshot_20190901-153536_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-153540_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-153612_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-153615_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-153621_Instagram.thu

Our homegirl here looking like this how drunk was jimin to hang out with this girl lmao and doesn't she have a bf apparently?

Screenshot_20190802-181052_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190802-181104_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190802-181117_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-154144_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-154151_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190901-154156_Instagram.thu

LolScreenshot_20190901-154612_Instagram.thu

This whole thing was 100% not a coincidence that they met jimin at that club lol

she is literally the girl I saw when I was in Paris at Castle Versailles who was hanging around outside of the entry next to the line waiting to buy tickets listening to kpop and being embarrassing af. She was there with this Bora girl and both of them were dressed like hookers lol they are literally KNOWN to hang around tourist places where there are a lot of korean tourists bc they are such fanatics. It's been 2 years since I saw them in Paris and she still seems crazy for attention of korean dudes. I 100% don't believe her that she just HAPPENED to be at the same club as jimin lol they 100% stalked him

nah man this is 100% fake. I’m an army and I have seen the ig account who uploaded the vid and explanation and it’s not her. This girl is actually fucking disgusting using this situation to gain clout holy shit. Should report her to bighit for malicious and intended rumors 

Posted

Hopefully, this is the appropriate thread to ask. Would you guys consider MissDarcei a koreaboo? Like she's cool, but I'm not sure what to really think of her recent upload. Like I get her point but i also wanna kinda side eye her.

I'm going to say no.

Posted

Hello

I didn't know where to ask this and I guessed this was the best threat out of all of them.

I've been looking for this girl called Debby, she's friends with Anna, that China boo who has a thread dedicated to her? Debby's Instagram used to be kim.debby but nothing comes up anymore. Can anyone help me find her? 

it’s because she changed her username awhile ago. Her new username is @kdb.14 

Posted

Hopefully, this is the appropriate thread to ask. Would you guys consider MissDarcei a koreaboo? Like she's cool, but I'm not sure what to really think of her recent upload. Like I get her point but i also wanna kinda side eye her.

I'm of the same opinion as oneminusone. I know Darcei says she's been into KPop since she was 14 and busted out her old high school journal for a video, which I think was to basically lowkey "prove" that she's not a Koreaboo but an OG Korean pop and drama lover. That said, I do wonder if she is one or if she's pushing an image to cater to her audience. She admittedly was going along with trends when she started her channel, but wanted to be more "authentic", do the make up she truly feels is her style and saw there was no representation for dark skin. Even if I didn't have my doubts on Koreaboo vs catering, I still find her annoying as hell because she is truly a clout chaser/drama seeker. I'll admit, I look in on her because I want drama to ride up on her ass where she gets taken down a peg or three, as she needs to be brought down to reality. Before, it was figuring if I actually liked her enough to follow as a subscriber.

I want to see a black girl succeed in the realm of (East) Asian beauty, I really do. However, it's gotta be one of two scenarios, as I've come to find with Darcei and Kennie JD: 1. A half black, who has been raised in/with whatever particular culture, because I ultimately think that someone within the borders or bloodline of one East Asian will show more respect that will get them in the door, 2. A black girl who actually has deeply researched the culture and can relate more than just damn KPop, Kdramas and food. 

In a lot of ways, I feel Darcei wants to be the Jackie Aina of Korean beauty - except without the make up skills and harping on a culture that isn't her own. Plus, I think Jackie earned her place through hard work rather than riding on drama.

Posted (edited)

I want to know others opinion on another kpop cover dancer: ig: @dancesannie @jeonsann and Youtube: Jeonsann

She had always gave me a weird vibe ever since kpop ig covers were at its peak in 2016

She is Chinese and her pictures and snow videos are obviously different than what she actually looks like... 

When I saw how sharp she made her chin in this one video, I couldn’t help but laugh. 

CC000295-2DE7-4E0E-8F1C-FB088E0B0000.jpeg

DCED4DD0-81AE-442D-8C8F-8F2490680CAA.jpeg

3B968617-6AE8-4DAB-B293-644B0709D190.jpegDE78F207-2445-46F5-9123-F7D9C4CB12C3.jpeg

Edited by Kenodoxia

Posted

I want to know others opinion on another kpop cover dancer: ig: @dancesannie @jeonsann and Youtube: Jeonsann

She had always gave me a weird vibe ever since kpop ig covers were at its peak in 2016

She is Chinese and her pictures and snow videos are obviously different than what she actually looks like... 

When I saw how sharp she made her chin in this one video, I couldn’t help but laugh. 

CC000295-2DE7-4E0E-8F1C-FB088E0B0000.jpeg

DCED4DD0-81AE-442D-8C8F-8F2490680CAA.jpeg

3B968617-6AE8-4DAB-B293-644B0709D190.jpegDE78F207-2445-46F5-9123-F7D9C4CB12C3.jpeg

lol just realised I was her senior in secondary (high school)... I wouldnt be surprised if she was a koreaboo though, HK girls can go hard for kpop stars.

Posted

lol just realised I was her senior in secondary (high school)... I wouldnt be surprised if she was a koreaboo though, HK girls can go hard for kpop stars.

wow surprising how small the world is haha

not trying to wk, but just bc someone shops their jaw like that, doesn't it mean they are a kboo. I mean many Chinese douyin stars (especially those makeup ones) but this filter on which makes their Jaws look like doritos lmao, do I think it looks weird? yeah but it isn't an indicator that they're kboos

Posted

not trying to wk, but just bc someone shops their jaw like that, doesn't it mean they are a kboo. I mean many Chinese douyin stars (especially those makeup ones) but this filter on which makes their Jaws look like doritos lmao, do I think it looks weird? yeah but it isn't an indicator that they're kboos

Just got confirmation from my sister that she's always been a big kpop fan.  Apparently she even did kpop dances at school assemblies, and mostly stuck to a small group of friends (also big kpop fans).  I don't know if it necessarily encroaches koreaboo territory but her life does seem to revolve around kpop and kdramas :alpacaworry: 

Posted (edited)

This is gonna be put into a spoiler because the  girl mentioned is really not a koreaboo anymore, but this specific era was really something. 

During the peak of kpop ig covers, one of the most well known was @svt.punches who I remembered used to go by Momo but now she just uses her actual name.  

Well, she had this massive crush on the idol, Kim Samuel. 5584FD41-4847-466A-9CF1-4589F1E41452.jpeg

During this time, Samuel wasn’t that popular yet since this was in 2016. 

She literally confessed her love on a ig post and her following at the time kept tagging him and tagging him to get him to notice her. I didn’t know who Samuel was at the time. I thought he was like someone she knew online or at school, but then I found out this guy was a full on celebrity like what. 

So her following were constantly bothering him, making ship names, and making fiction y/n post. She would comment on them like “omg guys stop xD” even though it was obvious she was enjoying all of it. It was so embarrassing. I felt bad for Samuel. If he ignored it, he’s a bad person, but if he takes notice, he’s in love with her. 

He did eventually comment on her post and I already unfollowed by then, so I don’t know how all the events died down. If you check her tagged post you can still see old accounts that were based on just her and Samuel.

(His username at the time was @bravpunxh but now it’s  @its_kimsamuel

08E53576-8E70-4CE7-9025-2145AEB29D06.jpegB3A86C01-C632-4240-8AF0-6A4D1B706582.jpeg5102B2AA-1CC5-42D5-A009-7449CA7274DB.jpeg9E2DAAE9-5342-42F0-B6D8-B83B6349BC8F.jpegD18EC8C6-E695-4BA6-A3A3-3FFC0778E9AF.jpeg

Edited by Kenodoxia

Posted

This is gonna be put into a spoiler because the  girl mentioned is really not a koreaboo anymore, but this specific era was really something. 

Hidden Content

i hope she's dying from embarrassment now... jesus fucking christ

Posted

I think besides the chin it's also her make up & hair style that is more Korean than Chinese. But I always think it's not just the appearance that makes someone a Koreaboo, but more their general obsession and not being able to see anything else.