• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

3847 posts in this topic

Posted

That eddie dude looks creepy in the mv.  His lines are also giving me second hand embarrassment (is it just me or is he trying to imitate lisa from bp)

Posted

Tbh I like the melody of the main chorus, but I really dislike the melody of the dance break. It seems like it could belong to a song with a totally different vibe and I hate when people add a random ass beat drop just for the sake of it instead of it fitting in with the rest of the song.

Is this seriously the thumbnail they chose? Is being ass first now a trend? Please send me to the grave if this is what is now considered edgy or cool.

Posted

Tbh I like the melody of the main chorus, but I really dislike the melody of the dance break. It seems like it could belong to a song with a totally different vibe and I hate when people add a random ass beat drop just for the sake of it instead of it fitting in with the rest of the song.

he raps like a drag queen omfg and the song's beat drop chorus ruins it 

Posted

Hopefully, this is the appropriate thread to ask. Would you guys consider MissDarcei a koreaboo? Like she's cool, but I'm not sure what to really think of her recent upload. Like I get her point but i also wanna kinda side eye her.

Posted

Hopefully, this is the appropriate thread to ask. Would you guys consider MissDarcei a koreaboo? Like she's cool, but I'm not sure what to really think of her recent upload. Like I get her point but i also wanna kinda side eye her.

idk. i feel like she's in that awkward place where she is a subconscious kboo. she gets on my nerves for some reason but we've seen worse 

Posted

For me, Eddie ruins the song, I don't mean to be rude but I find his voice very off-putting/annoying?

Posted

i can't even understand eddie's rap part. it's like his singing mumbled or gibberish words, well idk any korean but when kpop idols sing their words are really clear but eddie's nah. his really trying.

idk. i feel like she's in that awkward place where she is a subconscious kboo. she gets on my nerves for some reason but we've seen worse 

she does get in my nerves also for some reason, i remember her being in a drama on IG with a korean youtuber who does make-up tutorials before.

Posted

i can't even understand eddie's rap part. it's like his singing mumbled or gibberish words, well idk any korean but when kpop idols sing their words are really clear but eddie's nah. his really trying.

she does get in my nerves also for some reason, i remember her being in a drama on IG with a korean youtuber who does make-up tutorials before.

She had drama with pony and Jella. She accused Jella of cultural appropriation on twitter and iirc made a video about it which is now deleted. https://twitter.com/missdarcei/status/1094664070018396160?lang=en

https://www.reddit.com/r/BeautyGuruChatter/comments/ajj1bb/jella_and_pony_file_false_copyright_claims_on/eew3oi0/

Posted

Miss Darcei was mentioned in this thread as well

I'm not too fond of her either. She purposely makes content to attract Koreaboos, but sometimes I wonder if she's actually that big of a Kboo herself or if she's pushing the image to cater to her audience.

Posted

I had a look at a few of his dancing videos and I don't rate him. The comment sections worship him and I don't get it? He's not bad by any means and he has great stage presence but his movements don't seem as sharp as they should be - he's also quite often a little behind the beat. He could be deliberately dancing stylistically hes trying to stand out or have a more sensual feel or something but it's particularly obvious when he dances next to other people. I think some of the other girls he dances with kind of out-shadow him. I found the beat drop pretty cringey and the song in general seemed very... stereotypical and bland? Like they just took things from what's popular and tried to emmulate it. I'm not a fan of this kind of music in general but particularly with k-pop groups sometimes it seems so manufactured to me. Like they're writing a song to fit the criteria of what's popular or trying to produce something as if there's some composition formula for success. There's some k-music I've listened to that I have liked but I tend to have this opinion about most of the k-pop that's trending on yt even though I can appreciate the visuals, style and choreo. Even with the popular groups it's like there's too much going on - sounds overproduced? Like 5 songs in 1 or something. Sorry if this offends anyone, just an opinion. 

Posted

Hello

I didn't know where to ask this and I guessed this was the best threat out of all of them.

I've been looking for this girl called Debby, she's friends with Anna, that China boo who has a thread dedicated to her? Debby's Instagram used to be kim.debby but nothing comes up anymore. Can anyone help me find her? 

Posted

Are these Larary members supposed to be dancers? I remember seeing someone talk about previous dance covers and according the comments it was a given the dance would be "really good"? 

Now seeing them as a group it's painfully obvious how much they all lack. Especially that one girl with the bangs was just plain bad :/ 

Posted

finally watched the lalary mv and i have to say, if you took eddie out of it, it would be like any low budget kpop girl group mv. i've watched plenty and they are all like this, the only thing that changes is the genre and concept. the only reason anyone is giving this song the time of day is because of eddie, though i can't see why. like even if i try to imagine myself not caring about him being a total koreaboo, he's just...not that talented. so i don't get why defending him is worth it to anyone.

on another note, does the chorus of the song sound familiar to anyone? i feel like it's reminding me of another recent kpop song with this kind of style. maybe something by blackpink or everglow, but i don't listen to them enough to be sure.

Posted

Are these Larary members supposed to be dancers? I remember seeing someone talk about previous dance covers and according the comments it was a given the dance would be "really good"? 

Now seeing them as a group it's painfully obvious how much they all lack. Especially that one girl with the bangs was just plain bad :/ 

idk all of them but one of them is susiemeow, did dance covers with koreos, eddie does covers obviously, and this girl name sabrina does covers with some dance group as well. their dancing is so lackluster. they hit the moves somewhat on time but it has rhythm and it's sloppy.