• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

3844 posts in this topic

Posted

Won Nation Thread

So I made the thread and its up for use. I am going to add more info and receipts later but there it is.

Posted

Hey guys, sorry to derail this thread but I have a genuine question, and its been bothering me for some time. Would you consider someone a koreaboo/weaboo if they: 

-Don't pretend they are half/state their real ethnicity

BUT...

-Squint their eyes/photoshop themselves

-Use Asian as their 'aesthetic' ?

For example: (would you call them Kboos?)

19344874788130052351514186212.jpg

2003201628202727485.jpg

Posted

yeah she seemed nice but holy shit...I wouldn't even think about if they were the same person if I saw her on the streets..she was also trying to cover half of her face with her hair while the wind was always blowing it annoyingly in her face but she never mind getting it out of the way..she definitely trying to look korean :/

20190726_153352.thumb.jpg.7b1030882173a4

Hahahhaa oh my god

and the "이쁜 얼굴 like me" in her insta bio...... she needs a reality check fast.

Posted

Posted

i know this is probably old news but, i've been seeing that dude QxEddie in a lot of busking and random dance vids...and while he dances well to gg choreos...i have yet to see him cover a boy group? also his singing is tragic and he can't speak korean, why is he "debuting" again? 

and he gets 0 backlash, unlike the Lana koreaboo for example, because he aint white and he's gay lmao

https://www.instagram.com/p/B086NvFB5OK/

i'm tired of uggo kboos going to korea cause at least that way they'll get attention from other kboos, gross. at least learn the damn language fucks sake.

Posted

i know this is probably old news but, i've been seeing that dude QxEddie in a lot of busking and random dance vids...and while he dances well to gg choreos...i have yet to see him cover a boy group? also his singing is tragic and he can't speak korean, why is he "debuting" again? 

and he gets 0 backlash, unlike the Lana koreaboo for example, because he aint white and he's gay lmao

i'm tired of uggo kboos going to korea cause at least that way they'll get attention from other kboos, gross. at least learn the damn language fucks sake.

He probably thinks he's going to attract korean men this way lmao.

Posted (edited)

Agreed.

Eddie is a humongous Kboo, much more than Lana or Sophia or Alex or any other one that has been brought up here.

The dude is actively attempting to debut in Kpop and his goal is solely to become a Korean idol. He even went onto participating as a contestant in Under Nineteen to be in a boy group but was voted out and now that he can't get in with his oppas he is setting up his very own "Korean idol group" with a bunch of Asian-American girls so that he'll achieve his Kboo dreams. He solely uses his quirky gayness as an appeal to attract LGBT Kpop fans to support his group and he also actively and exclusively stans female idols to appeal + build onto this "uwu feminine gay kboo boy" image for the public.

But unlike Lana or Sophia or Alex, he is LGBT and a POC (Hispanic) so he gets a pass and is ignored by the majority of kpop fans because they can't accuse him for "stealing" POC's/LGBT's "special space" unlike all those straight whites. 

The group he made is called Lalary and is made up of himself along with 6 other Asian girls called Susie, Canaco, Hope, Jinny, Soorim and Sabrina (also Kboos themselves). He has opened a Kickstarter to raise 6500 dollars to fund the group to go debut in Korea but in total got over 7400+ dollars donated and is now planning his debut for August 29th. For their debut they're releasing a digital single along with an MV. In an Instagram comment, they answered that for next year they want to appear on music shows.

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.a5090aa56e21ac94

One of the biggest no-nos with this group is that the sole focus and marketing points of the group is Eddie himself rather than all the member equally. The group is more like an "Eddie & Friends" group which is not what you want to achieve if you are creating an idol group in Korea where favoritism should never be visible. I think Eddie knew that if he wanted to go solo, he would never get support to debut due to his lack of vocal abilities and the "uwu feminine gay kboo boy" which the Korean public is against. Hence if he inserts himself into a group of typical Asian girls who can balance out his lack of talents, then he'll have a chance to gain some support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qxeddie/lalary-single-album-project

Edit: They're dropping their MV teaser in less than an hour so let's see how this plays out.

Edited by Caeleigh
added pic + fixed grammar

Posted

oh god 

like, at least learn how to sing dude. gasping into the mic isn't singing. i can't wait for the damn single to come out so i can laugh my ass off. can't wait for the kpop trend to die down at least a bit, this is even more obnoxious than when everyone and their mom had a fucking weeb phase.

Posted

oh god 

like, at least learn how to sing dude. gasping into the mic isn't singing. i can't wait for the damn single to come out so i can laugh my ass off. can't wait for the kpop trend to die down at least a bit, this is even more obnoxious than when everyone and their mom had a fucking weeb phase.

All the MV teaser tells me is that the group is literally "Eddie & Friends" smh

Also, coincidentally Sunmi is having a comeback called 'Lalaly' which is based on the same word that makes up their group name and debut title 'nalrari' (날라리). They are going to be completely overshadowed by her release. Why even bother debuting in Korea? It's a complete flop.

Posted

Let’s be honest here, we all know how badly he and his group are going to flop. People in korea are still not very open minded when it comes to a “gay idol” so I’m not really expecting a lot of people to support him and his koreaboo group. 

Posted

That teaser made me cringe soooo bad, also wtf is he wearing? 

Posted

Eddie's dance covers have popped up periodically in my YouTube recs for years now and like...I'm not saying he's a BAD dancer but it always looks like he's overarching his back so his butt pops out more? It looks so painful to me.

I also don't trust anyone who is friends with Edward Avila.

Posted

Okay, don't hate me for that. I actually donated something to Lalarys Debut because I really adore Susie and Canaco but while the group more and more got formed Eddie got more and more into the center position. It always seems like he wants to me the middle of the universe. I supported them at first because they all are very talented dancers but now I just starting to really dislike Eddie.
Eddies dancing isn't that wow. He has a stage presence, yes, but there are many better dancer and as mentioned earlier here he probably just gets this much attention because he's a gay poc man dancing to gg songs. Imagine if he was a girl dancing the same way he does. The girl would probably have half of his supporters or even lesser.

The teaser is also really weak. The Song sounds bad, really bad. The teaser is also just about Eddie. The video itself isn't very bad. It looks like a normal teaser for a group of a small company with not much money. 

Does somebody know if they really gonna sing in korean? I always thought they gonna sing in english and the group is gonna be an international english singing group in Kpop Style (like Z-Girls / Z-Boys).

Posted (edited)

Okay, don't hate me for that. I actually donated something to Lalarys Debut because I really adore Susie and Canaco but while the group more and more got formed Eddie got more and more into the center position. It always seems like he wants to me the middle of the universe. I supported them at first because they all are very talented dancers but now I just starting to really dislike Eddie.
Eddies dancing isn't that wow. He has a stage presence, yes, but there are many better dancer and as mentioned earlier here he probably just gets this much attention because he's a gay poc man dancing to gg songs. Imagine if he was a girl dancing the same way he does. The girl would probably have half of his supporters or even lesser.

The teaser is also really weak. The Song sounds bad, really bad. The teaser is also just about Eddie. The video itself isn't very bad. It looks like a normal teaser for a group of a small company with not much money. 

Does somebody know if they really gonna sing in korean? I always thought they gonna sing in english and the group is gonna be an international english singing group in Kpop Style (like Z-Girls / Z-Boys).

I saw them perform at KCON, and yes they're really going to sing in Korean. There are actually videos of them performing their song so its honestly no secret at this point lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtpzXFkKqY

The song is really not my jam. There is such a longggg dance break at the end, and the group really does just feel like Eddie and friends. I've noticed in most of their covers, Eddie would always take the main dancer position like I'm not saying he's a bad dancer, but he could switch it up a bit sometimes lol?? He literally always wants to be the center.

Also, their performance at KCON was kinda not great. They must've been nervous or something because a lot of the times they did not seem in sync, or one member would forget to change formations. I genuinely feel like none of them are ready to debut.. Also I don't think most of them even speak Korean? There are two Korean members but they are so under-promoted in comparison to the 5 members in the video I linked. I feel like its just going to flop 

Edited by sadlocalgirl
wanted to add more info on their performance