• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

3847 posts in this topic

Posted

it's a general thing, but people who read themselves being mentioned in this threat feel like really important??? like we're really crazy haters/stalkers/antis and then they post some aggressive post in their insta stories like "look at those jealous haters" or something, while is really is just  a general thread, boi you're not that important or relevant to have an own threat lol

Posted

A few months ago she posted a long caption about him in French. When it was translated, it said stuff about suicide, how she misses him and wish she could have helped him in some way, etc. I'm saying if that case is true, I don't think it's fair to mention her anymore on PULL, Y'know?

Wait what?! When did that shit happen? I don't remember any long caption in French (screenshoted here or not), nor her talking about us apart from when she was cursing all of us a while ago in video and made an account (or was this that "other" kboo who looks a bit like her and had a handle going like "wolves are hungry" or whatever?)

I'll try to cruise the forum once again but I really don't remember her talking about what happened with her bf/fiancé, but say that he wasn't answering anymore and everyone here guessing he ghosted her.

Oh, and remember when she bragged about being Korean on her mother's side? Well she posted pictures of her mother on her instagram, and I know that all Asians do not look Asian but I know for sure that we can all agree on the fact that this woman does not look Korean whatsoever. https://www.instagram.com/p/BveGv3VlKBE/

Yeah, I've seen her mom's pictures and she looks... North-African. Bora herself looks North-African. Both her mom and her look just like any of the girls I grew up with who have parents who came from the Maghreb (mostly Tunisians or Moroccans.)

I don't know where she thought she could pretend her mom was in any way Korean (and considering her handles, her real name is surely Deborah and her family name something North-African.)

Posted

Guys have y’all seen this ? 

Im not sure how to feel 💀 

I’m getting major kboo feels but I might be wrong cuz idk what do y’all think 

Posted

Seems more like they can't make it big in their own country so they go to S. Korea. 

Posted (edited)

That repeating background music thooooo hella annoying. This gives me major kboo feels as well but lowkey have a crush on that Deesee girl she was cute. Also that American girl seems familiar, was she that girl who has been living in sk and going to a 'kpop school' there? That's the same chick right?

Also I'm seeing a pattern with white koreaboo's bleaching their hair, what's that about?

Edited by Pastei

Posted

That repeating background music thooooo hella annoying. This gives me major kboo feels as well but lowkey have a crush on that Deesee girl she was cute. Also that American girl seems familiar, was she that girl who has been living in sk and going to a 'kpop school' there? That's the same chick right?

Also I'm seeing a pattern with white koreaboo's bleaching their hair, what's that about?

ye that’s Maria who was in I can see your voice lol

Posted

Since Mnet's UHSN is part of the conversation now, I want to chip in this interesting video by the South China Morning Post:

Posted

Since Mnet's UHSN is part of the conversation now, I want to chip in this interesting video by the South China Morning Post:

Well I'm not really surprised, those kind of training centres pretty much exist in every Asian county where K-pop is popular. All in all idol training schools have existed since the rise of idols. It's just sad that on most part it's only for money making and many of those don't really stand a chance to debut. A lot of the trainees are from wealthy families so they can actually afford dropping out of school for it, but I honestly pity all those that aren't and pretty much ruin their future. Sure a parent should support their childs dream, but I honestly can understand all parents that are against it.

Posted (edited)

all the girls are really cute, especially the first one. but they all have that foreigner look that koreans like, so they kinda all look similar? it would be nice for some diversity too. i think maria lacks compared to the rest in visuals but looks like she's the only one with singing talent.

it just seems like a smart business move to launch a show with 10 (?) girls from all over the world, they will get quite a lot of viewers; especially with how popular kpop is now, kpop fans from each country will watch. i'm surprised to see chiba erii there, did she leave akb48 for good? 

Edited by xuanyi

Posted

I don't really have anything against UHSN, it looks like a fun program and I look forward to what they have to offer.

However, it is rather disappointing that they're labeling UHSN as being a show with "foreign girls from all over the world " when 7 out of 10 girls are European and mostly from European countries (and America).

Then there's Erii, Mind and Nada added in... So basically Asian/European with one girl from Africa, but even she is really Eurocentric-looking and not like the general Egyptian population.

Anyway, I suppose it's expected considering with the way Korea is still rather xenophobic, conservative about diversity and have a lack of tolerance towards those who are outside for the box... At the very least it's a step ahead for them, but god forbid it's going to be a whole century before they dare add someone who's actually dark-skinned and not East Asian or European-looking.

Posted

all the girls are really cute, especially the first one. but they all have that foreigner look that koreans like, so they kinda all look similar? it would be nice for some diversity too. i think maria lacks compared to the rest in visuals but looks like she's the only one with singing talent.

it just seems like a smart business move to launch a show with 10 (?) girls from all over the world, they will get quite a lot of viewers; especially with how popular kpop is now, kpop fans from each country will watch. i'm surprised to see chiba erii there, did she leave akb48 for good? 

Yeah this exactly. They're pretty, in the same manner of a lot of (usually white) girls who leave their countries for Korea. It's like a certain mold, and as long as you fit into the mold there's a lot of leeway in terms of looks. Some are more attractive than others imo, but they'll likely draw domestic viewers as well because they have the look we often see of girls who manage to become models in Korea when they'd probably be unable to do the same in their home countries, not because they're unattractive but because they lack the certain sharpness or sexiness celebrities tend to have in a lot of (but not all) of their home countries. That's why a lot of these girls whom we see in the Koreaboo threads tend to be branded as bland; they're cute and all but are lacking a certain something many of us are used to seeing in our own celebrities, so they probably figure they can navigate a country with a different standard of beauty much better.

Or some of them might even overhaul their looks to try and fit into what they think Koreans find attractive - this is seen just as often I think.

Posted

Definitely koreaboo bait.

I understand the worldwide concept. But honestly there is nothing interesting about these girls at all. Just some pretty/average faces with average dance skills.

Im a bit pissed that they only look for white/lightskinned girls when it comes to "international" groups though. 

i am also pissed at that however you know the east asian standards they only prefer white/light skinned than dark or brown. where is the diversity here? kinda racist imo. girls from all over the world more like girls from lighter skinned countries.

Anyway, I suppose it's expected considering with the way Korea is still rather xenophobic, conservative about diversity and have a lack of tolerance towards those who are outside for the box... At the very least it's a step ahead for them, but god forbid it's going to be a whole century before they dare add someone who's actually dark-skinned and not East Asian or European-looking.

if i see a dark or brown skinned girl in a show like that i will expect that they will use filters or edit her original skin color just to fit their standards.

Posted

Because they think they will be more popular. My friend who's naturally blonde was asked for pictures quiet alot when she was in Korea lol so I guess some girls who are dark haired want to be more speshul.

Personally don't have anything against girls who dye their hair, I mean I have dyed my hair blonde since I was 17 BUT when you do it just because you're travelling to Asia, seems a bit despo imo. I have another friend who's dark haired, who bleached her entire hair right before she went to Japan. Frankly it was quiet awkward to watch lol

Another thing I noticed is that almost all of these European girls are similar in face, nose and eye shape. Like NO diversity. Not all Europeans have wide heads, blue eyes, big lips etc. This is nothing but a kboo bait.

Posted

yeah, this show will flop.