• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

General Koreaboo Thread

4469 posts in this topic

Posted

Without the filters and everything she is very average (I can't state this enough actually).  If you go to any country in eastern europe, you literally see so many girls that look exactly like her (she has a very common face).  I could name more than 10 people that I went to school with that look similar to her in one way or another.  She's not ugly by any means, but she's only this pretty because she's in Korea if that makes sense.  

I agree,she looks typical eastern european. Nothing special. I don't know why but a lot of koreans associate white people="beautiful".Even if you are not that attractive koreans still will call you pretty and whatever only because you are white.It's so weird...

Posted

Without the filters and everything she is very average (I can't state this enough actually).  If you go to any country in eastern europe, you literally see so many girls that look exactly like her (she has a very common face).  I could name more than 10 people that I went to school with that look similar to her in one way or another.  She's not ugly by any means, but she's only this pretty because she's in Korea if that makes sense.  

agree this is the closest pic i found of her without makeup but she may still have some on

a744abd94b20f86e981bc19acd371aff34291650.jpg

I agree,she looks typical eastern european. Nothing special. I don't know why but a lot of koreans associate white people="beautiful".Even if you are not that attractive koreans still will call you pretty and whatever only because you are white.It's so weird...

i hate that...and they care about looks too much its creepy

Posted (edited)

I stumbled upon this guy's video today and he gives me a koreaboo vibe. I don't know if he has been discussed here before.

First, he lives in the UK but is only using Korean makeup (and a Japanese Biore sunscreen) as if it was a "superior" kind of makeup. Well, nope, you can get pretty good makeup in the UK too. But that's not a big deal though.

Second, I really don't know what's up with those gay kpop fans who loves to adopt the soft flower boy idol look. Doesn't it remind you of someone? The horrific I-will-never-wear-a-good-matching-foundation-because-I-wanna-look-pale-af-like-koreans Edward Avila.

Third, I feel like he's not only a koreaboo but is also suffering from yellow fever in general. I checked the description below his video and it's written "#ジョニー". Umh... I'm sorry but what's the point of him writing his name in Japanese under a video in English about Korean makeup? I don't get it. His channel description is "イギリス人と日本人とのハーフです。" which according to Google means "It is half of English and Japanese.". Is anyone familiar with Japanese could confirm that it means thats he's pretending to be Japanese? Is this sentence even grammatically correct?

Another thing I don't really like is how "woke" he wants to look. In the beginning of the video I mentioned, he is referring to colorism in Asia and has Sherliza Moé's video link about this subject in the description box. Also, he posted a video (that I haven't watched) called "mukbang and koreaboos" yesterday, but I find it quite humoristic knowing that I get a koreaboo vibe from him. Oh, and he also put a picture of Katie Aegi wearing her qipao at the end of his FAQ video, probably to mock her.

Edit: I forgot to mention 2 things.
Why the f is he wearing double eyelid tape in his makeup video when he already has double eyelids? I guess he followed Lisa Ring's footsteps.
And I also forgot to mention that obviously, all his videos are about kpop or Korea. But right, he's not an obsessed koreaboo fan.

Edit 2:
I checked his instagram (https://www.instagram.com/gcse/) and obviously his name is apparently 木村ジョニー (Kimura Johnny).
In the makeup video, it is written on the laptop screen that the laptop owner's name is "Sachi Copley" and he is also mentioning "Sachi" in one of his Instagram photo. (you can find all the screenshots below). Is Sachiko his allegedly mother? Note that in another photo he posted on instagram, he erased the name displayed on his laptop screen.
At this point I have a lot of questions. Is his real name Johnny? Is the woman in the picture he posted his mother? Why would he call himself "Kimura" if even his mother calls herself "Copley"?

5cc868480da99_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc868581f141_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc86859176d5_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc8685fd5e3a_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc86867b34f4_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc86868c8db3_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_

Another funny thing is how much he spreads awareness about colorism in Asia but is making his skin look #FFFFFF on Instagram.
5cc868e92eea5_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc868e5ce0c1_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_5cc868e7aaa9c_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_
Edited by cloud

Posted

Third, I feel like he's not only a koreaboo but is also suffering from yellow fever in general. I checked the description below his video and it's written "

#ジョニー

". Umh... I'm sorry but what's the point of him writing his name in Japanese under a video in English about Korean makeup? I don't get it. His channel description is "

イギリス人と日本人とのハーフです。

" which according to Google means "It is half of English and Japanese.". Is anyone familiar with Japanese could confirm that it means thats he's pretending to be Japanese? Is this sentence even grammatically correct?

I think he's trying to say that he's half British, half Japanese. He literally wrote "Half of a English (person) and Japanese (person)". But in really, really bad Japanese, I don't even think you can "ハーフ/half" here because eh... Half of what?

Posted

I think he's trying to say that he's half British, half Japanese. He literally wrote "Half of a English (person) and Japanese (person)". But in really, really bad Japanese, I don't even think you can "ハーフ/half" here because eh... Half of what?

I think he really is half japanese? But doesn’t know japanese at all...

picture of his mom

42DDBFE6-BED7-467D-AECE-921418A5358A.jpeg

Posted

^ Why does he have to call her 'Mother Sachiko' though? Like, if he's so bad in Japanese, English must be his first language right? That's so many levels of unnatural to call your mom 'Mother X' instead of just 'Mom doing so and so'

Probably just wanted to tell/remind people he's such a halfu with his JAPANESE mother.

Posted

I think he really is half japanese? But doesn’t know japanese at all...

picture of his mom

42DDBFE6-BED7-467D-AECE-921418A5358A.jpeg

I also posted this picture in one the spoilers, but can we be sure that it is really his mother? What if it was just a random Asian woman he took a picture of at an Asian grocery shop?

And being half Japanese doesn't make him less of a Koreaboo. I didn't post him in the "People pretending to be Asian" thread because I wasn't sure if he was faking his ethnicity or not.

Posted

I also posted this picture in one the spoilers, but can we be sure that it is really his mother? What if it was just a random Asian woman he took a picture of at an Asian grocery shop?

And being half Japanese doesn't make him less of a Koreaboo. I didn't post him in the "People pretending to be Asian" thread because I wasn't sure if he was faking his ethnicity or not.

I think it's really fucked up if he did post a picture of a random asian woman..

I'm going to assume it's his real mother, but you never know what's true with this koreaboo wave

Posted (edited)

I had just started to watch Johnny's "mukbang and koreaboos" video and since his mother was making a lot of Asian food, I was like "Well, it seems like his mother might be Japanese".
And then Johnny did this.

5cc89966550b4_Capture_decran_2019-04-30_

No matter if he is actually half Japanese or not, he is apparently really ignorant about his own culture. I'm not even Asian and I know that you should not stuck your chopsticks vertically in your rice. And he did it multiple times in the video.

To summarize the video :
- Mother making food
- Johnny talking about people asking him if he's Korean or Japanese on Instagram.
- Pointing people saying he's white. Denying it and saying he's "mixed race" but doesn't tell more about it.
- Starts talking about koreaboo and displays a picture of Katie (well sweetie calm down on the koreaboo memes because you could become one soon)
- Says that having an interest in Korean culture/food is not being a koreaboo. Fetishizing korean people = being a koreaboo.
- Says random stuffs ("I eat 24/7", "My Instagram is so boring" )
- Bom's comeback
- Talking about mukbang channels
- Him being awkward on camera

those pictures won't go away.......

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.22.23.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.21.12.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.21.21.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.21.47.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.22.00.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.22.04.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.24.53.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.24.50.png

Capture d’écran 2019-04-30 à 17.24.45.png

Edited by cloud
tried to remove the pictures .... didn't succeed

Posted

That picture of his "mom" looks like a random person he just took a picture of or it's either someone he knows in real life that he sees as a mother and not actually his mom. Like who calls their mom Mother _______.? Weird if you ask me. .

Posted

Tbh regarding this Johnny guy, I don't think he's lying about being half Japanese. 

However, he is genuinely milking the fuck out of his half-ness and promoting himself with his mixed race as if it gives him a pass for being a cringy, ignorant Koreaboo. 

Posted

Are those chopsticks stuck into that bowl of food? ......cringe 

Posted (edited)

I think I found his parents by Google searching "Sachi Copley".

2019-04-30_22.14.27.thumb.png.503a978125

Edit: Yup those are his parents. Some other pics:

2019-04-30_22.24.56.thumb.png.dac734d7582019-04-30_22.25.39.thumb.png.2d17b398f32019-04-30_22.26.26.thumb.png.2cdd26a2b4

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted (edited)

First, he lives in the UK but is only using Korean makeup (and a Japanese Biore sunscreen) as if it was a "superior" kind of makeup. Well, nope, you can get pretty good makeup in the UK too. But that's not a big deal though.

I watched the video and he used pretty much the same amount of western products as he did Korean. I just found it strange that he didn't mentioned the product name for half of them. He also mentioned how he doesn't really know if he liked some of the Korean products yet, so I didn't get the impression that he thought of Korean make up as superior. I don't know about other videos though.

However, he is genuinely milking the fuck out of his half-ness and promoting himself with his mixed race as if it gives him a pass for being a cringy, ignorant Koreaboo. 

Can anyone please summarise what makes him a cringy and ignorant Koreaboo since I didn't watch all his videos.

I just can't understand how anyone can watch him. That editing of the make up tutorial was horrendous

Edited by oneminusone

Posted (edited)

I think I found his parents by Google searching "Sachi Copley".

2019-04-30_22.14.27.thumb.png.503a978125

Edit: Yup those are his parents. Some other pics:

2019-04-30_22.24.56.thumb.png.dac734d7582019-04-30_22.25.39.thumb.png.2d17b398f32019-04-30_22.26.26.thumb.png.2cdd26a2b4

Duuuude! You should open your own P.I firm lol

(Edit: Still weird that he calls his mom 'Mother Sachiko'. I feel like it's just a way to flex his Asian-ness on people)

Edited by French Fries