• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Koreaboo Thread

4392 posts in this topic

Posted

Also from videos u could tell their conversations are just awkward as hell like she cant speak korean or english and I bet his english wasn't all that great either so like..what did she expect, how can they have discussions or get to know each other well? They were basically just using each other

Posted

i have little sympathy for her (though still some since ghosting is a massive dick move....but not surprising coming from a korean guy who was "engaged" after 4 months)

but i still think its messed up to promote his phone number and his dads phone number to like 1 million strangers on the internet. its near doxx level gross to me, cuz no matter how worried you are you dont ask a million strangers to try calling (and his DAD??? idk its just messed up in my book)

Posted

Did jasmine private her facebook?

Posted

She probably found PULL

20181125_000316.thumb.jpg.7f190ae96b5ffe

Posted

I also noticed that. Her insta was private for a few months though

Posted (edited)

YT channel: Katy 케이티, IG: YoutuberKaty. So, I'm going to talk about someone who is generally not talked about because she isn't problematic, racist, or  loud/wanting attention. By posting this, I don't wish ill upon her. I'm just using her as an example of a Koreaboo that is often ignored. This case easily develop if your K-pop obsession gets out of hand. Katy is 20 years old. I first found her channel from reactions and from her story of how K-pop gave her an eating disorder, which i don't doubt tbh. Even I used to want to be skinny like Girls Generation at age 10 when i first watched the video. At first i thought she was a chill normal reaction channel like JRE and she is chill, but I started noticing things about her life as she got older. She has been into K-pop since she was like 12. Her first boyfriend is guess what? Korean. She gets pregnant around age 19 from him and they have a cute half korean baby & get married.Every koreaboo's dream, right?. She dresses in korean fashion, does her makeup korean style, and she has her youtube name in korean and most of her ig followers/ subscribers are Korean Guys who says she is so pretty. What was kind of off was when she said in her videos that "my husband doesn't want me to talk to other korean guys". That's kinda weird. The thing i found odd about her is that she doesn't associate herself with other kpop fans really...she sets up her channel to draw korean viewers by adding korean subs and using korean in her screen name and using korean hastags on IG with tags like american girl. She also shows off her half korean baby. I do feel sad for her because she is very young with a child and im not sure how much her husband helps her while he is still going to school hours away to college. She has said she has had problems lately and sometimes she stops posting for months and then comes back. She just sort of worries me...mostly because she said she wanted to be a teacher, and now im not sure if she is still in school. Anyway i take her story as a warning, to just be very careful with how i treat my interest in K-pop and minimize my interest to only a small part of my life. I hope you take it to heart too.

20181125_011603.png

Edited by KoalaBear

Posted

Took her a long time to find out about pull though lol. 

i have little sympathy for her (though still some since ghosting is a massive dick move....but not surprising coming from a korean guy who was "engaged" after 4 months)

but i still think its messed up to promote his phone number and his dads phone number to like 1 million strangers on the internet. its near doxx level gross to me, cuz no matter how worried you are you dont ask a million strangers to try calling (and his DAD??? idk its just messed up in my book)

Isn't that literally doxxing? 

Posted

I mean, from my (limited haha) experience getting ghosted like that by Korean men is super common it's just weird coming from someone who she supposedly was engaged to? 

But she should really not share any phone numbers that could get her on trouble right? I feel like that is definitely a crossed line that can't be legal.

Posted (edited)

5bfb1b2f14e06_Capture_decran_2018-11-25_

Did my favorite French koreaboo delete most of her insta posts? I wasn't aware of that!
Could someone following her post her 3 remaining posts?

And can we talk about her profile pic? Bora sweetie, stop trying to look Korean so bad, we're not buying it, remember that we know what you really look like thanks to your youtube channel.

And "170cm 47 kg"? I don't mean to fat shame you but Honey, you posted some pictures in underwear some weeks ago, you're not going to make us believe that lie about your weight

edit: Just flipped the profile pic and I feel scammed. I'm not going to mention those tragic eyebrows...
5bfb1e3877a21_Capture_decran_2018-11-25_

Edited by cloud

Posted (edited)

5bfb1b2f14e06_Capture_decran_2018-11-25_

Did my favorite French koreaboo delete most of her insta posts? I wasn't aware of that!
Could someone following her post her 3 remaining posts?

I thought she was going to temporarily deactivate her account for awhile. I think it's just a glitch because It shows no posts for me (I'm positive she didn't block me either lol)

Edited by Oreoju

Posted

Oml, this girl really wants to look like her 💀💀 

11F28910-8BC3-4890-A92C-76D95403A7B8.jpeg

7BCCB4DE-2001-444F-9C66-13C1A582BF12.jpeg

Posted

I thought she was going to temporarily deactivate her account for awhile. I think it's just a glitch because It shows no posts for me (I'm positive she didn't block me either lol)

I checked her account and it says she has 42 posts,  it's possible she actually has that many posts but if it's often changing she's either deleting and re uploading constantly or using a mass post deleter that created a glitch and makes the number of posts change. 

Posted

I checked her account and it says she has 42 posts,  it's possible she actually has that many posts but if it's often changing she's either deleting and re uploading constantly or using a mass post deleter that created a glitch and makes the number of posts change. 

you can also archive posts so they dont show up, but the post count stays the same

Posted (edited)

you can also archive posts so they dont show up, but the post count stays the same

I didn't realize the post count would stay the same, it makes more sense that she's archiving posts. Thanks for telling me! :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by neptoons

Posted

About the whole Bora engagement thing, I have a Korean friend who uses the word 'engaged' as a synonym for being a couple. Maybe the poor dude just thought they were a couple after five months and Bora misunderstood because she barely speaks English...