General Koreaboo Thread

2802 posts in this topic

Posted

Weren't North Koreans the pretty aristocrats and South Koreans the ugly farmers though (according to that saying). 

And what even would the point be of bringing this up tbh. What difference does it make to koreaboos? It's not like they have any access to North Korean people anyway. Or South Koreans, because they're probably sick of koreaboos as well lmao.

Because the school of kdrama taught them that there are no bad looking oppas, therefore all the "ugly" Koreans they see must be peasants from North Korea.  (This all thing is so stupid, smh :alpacadone:)

Posted

My impression was that this sort of Koreaboos seem to think that North Korea is a hellpit like the one we see today initially because North Koreans are way more "low quality" than their Southern counterparts.... And yes, if my impression hit the nail, that's some serious oversimplification in action.

Yo some koreaboos be calling south korea NORTH KOREA 

Posted

.....Am I the only person to have noticed recently that some Koreaboos have started to come up with their own "theory" on "two different kinds of Koreans"? Especially in the way that they theorize unattractive Korean individuals must have descended from the North Korean bloodline and attractive oppa-ish Korean individuals must have descended from the Southern bloodline?

I think I started to see some Koreaboos believing in this specific theory, and all the while I do understand why this theory has been created, (Like, empirically speaking, for the daily Koreaboo perspective, all the "foreign troublemakers" with the Korean background are said to be from North Korea while their oppas are always from South Korea....) I find it really cringey because it is just factually incorrect.

First off, it is really weird for me that they would believe as if the Northerners and the Southerners in the Korean Peninsula are from completely different racial backgrounds because, in reality, the difference between North Korea and South Korea does not even amount to that between Spain and Portugal and might be equivalent only with the one between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

In addition, this is a little bit personal for me as well because I am a South Korean national with the Northern regional background myself (My grandparents were born in the North and then came down to the South during the Korean War). Now, it seems that these Koreaboos are aware that there do exist South Korean nationals like me, considering that they would believe "all unattractive Korean individuals are descended from the North," but it just makes me feel really cringey that this kind of Koreaboos will personally accuse me of being a "fake Korean" (whatever that means) if they are informed that my regional background is Northern .-.

In addition, with all things aside, why would they even link physical attractiveness with a regional background? Am I the only person to think that that is very pseudo-scientific? To be completely honest, I am 100% sure that their theory on the "linkage between Korean attractiveness and Northern/Southern dichotomy" won't be able to predict any of the actual regional background of a specific Korean person. (Ex: Koreaboos predicting that an unattractive Korean guy must have his grandparents coming from the North when the reality is that he and his ancestors lived only in Busan for nearly 200 years)

I have little to add, but it could be from the cross migrations and whatever since N.Korea is pretty much isolated + less likely to have more wealth = worse in health = not looking as good because, well you don't get the nutrition you need. Not to forget they can barely tell their "oppas" from the average Korean dude at starbucks. So all in all, their "theory" is complete crap because they can't even tell em apart from the beginning. 

Posted

I dont know if this girl was discussed before, but I am not sure what to think of her..she is a model but loves Korea, in my opinion it's kinda way too much? Like this AMWF tag and the no no 'my KOREAN bf does my make up' like he is some accessory 

Literally every video is about Korea and seems to have no other interest? :(

20180618_221318.thumb.jpg.41173d7f5b3f1e20180618_221333.thumb.jpg.dfd73ba6d2cdfd20180618_221345.thumb.jpg.0dd752a863d45f

Posted

I stumbled across her video before and I asked why she felt the needed to emphasize in every video that her boyfriend is korean and she replied back that her channel isn’t a space for negativity and for me to leave. lmao. I watched her video and her boyfriend isn’t even from Korea. Like, that doesn’t make him any less korean but I just could understand better if he was foreign and she wanted to make a video about being in an international relationship or whatever but he’s just a regular dude from Germany. And they met online. She saw him and was probably like, “Wow! A korean guy sort of in my area! Better get in there!” 

oh wait so he isn't from Korea but born in Germany? I mean yeah he is still Korean but that explains his German accent when speaking English..why dont they just speak German then? Their English is a bit awkward..

and also only mentioning the korean part of him might be annoying to him? Imagining growing up in this country and ur gf only mentioning ur Korean when you are basically German.

Posted

oh wait so he isn't from Korea but born in Germany? I mean yeah he is still Korean but that explains his German accent when speaking English..why dont they just speak German then? Their English is a bit awkward..

and also only mentioning the korean part of him might be annoying to him? Imagining growing up in this country and ur gf only mentioning ur Korean when you are basically German.

I think they speak in English because most viewers speak English so they’ll teach a broader audience. I am pretty sure he is German. He has a German accent. But I only watched that one video so I don’t know. I could be wrongx

Posted (edited)

O.o

Edited by quickshine

Posted (edited)

I have little to add, but it could be from the cross migrations and whatever since N.Korea is pretty much isolated + less likely to have more wealth = worse in health = not looking as good because, well you don't get the nutrition you need. Not to forget they can barely tell their "oppas" from the average Korean dude at starbucks. So all in all, their "theory" is complete crap because they can't even tell em apart from the beginning. 

Meanwhile, the interesting part is that, before the DPRK (aka the Kim Dynasty) took over, the Northern part of the Korean Peninsula was known to be more robust agriculturally. This is reflected by the fact that Northern traditional Korean food is almost a million times more diverse than the Southern Korean food - I can tell by myself primarily because my grandma always cooked them for my family.

Edited by May Prince

Posted

i'm pretty sure the girl in her profile picture is loren gray uhh what 

it is Loren haha 

Posted (edited)

Edited by philo

Posted

I dont know if this girl was discussed before, but I am not sure what to think of her..she is a model but loves Korea, in my opinion it's kinda way too much? Like this AMWF tag and the no no 'my KOREAN bf does my make up' like he is some accessory 

Literally every video is about Korea and seems to have no other interest? :(

20180618_221318.thumb.jpg.41173d7f5b3f1e20180618_221333.thumb.jpg.dfd73ba6d2cdfd20180618_221345.thumb.jpg.0dd752a863d45f

Almost EVERY single time there is an AMWF tag on youtube or on social media, it ALWAYS involves a female koreaboo/weaboo.

Like its so pathetic at how these girls always have such a strong need to advertise and show off their little "Asian" trophies.

Posted

Almost EVERY single time there is an AMWF tag on youtube or on social media, it ALWAYS involves a female koreaboo/weaboo.

Like its so pathetic at how these girls always have such a strong need to advertise and show off their little "Asian" trophies.

I feel like there are SO many other ways they could introduce their boyfriends/husbands. Like if they are in fact from a completely different cultural background these girls could easily do a video with their S/O talking about differences in cultural values and talk about traditions and food, I feel like whenever I see one of these couples it's always about "My Korean Boyfriend Does a Kpop Makeover!!" or "My Japanese Husband talks about Anime!" Like it's so weird that you can easily see they treat they're S/O like a weird object because they're Asian.

Posted

man i hate weebs kboos that go out and get a asian bf, just because they are japanese or korean, or asian at all.