• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

joy/sehunismyreligion

404 posts in this topic

Posted

i used to think joy was drop dead gorgeous but looking at her now, she’s just average. like she’s PRETTY but nothing special yanno. idk just a thought i had while catching up on this thread

I've always thought she's pretty but lately I feel like she's trying SO hard to "look Korean"???

with that I mean doing all the ulzzang poses, editing her photos with filters and only wearing Korean style fashion. Idk it's difficult to describe.

AND she is wearing a hanbok in that photo from my long post above. Which is stupid since she's not even Korean

Posted

i guess it’s nothing she can control but i don’t like her slightly chubby cheeks bc she already has a long face and it doesn’t mesh well together...

yeah mostly her facial features just don't compliment each other.. but i realy like her eyes and hair tbh. 

Posted (edited)

Lol I don't get what's the problem with her being not Korean and wearing a hanbok, she is a tourist isn't she, and there are touristic places in Korea (or any other country) where you pay to wear traditional clothing like hanboks and you can have a photoshoot while wearing it.I don't get why some people get annoyed by tourists wearing-trying out traditional clothing respectfully in the country they are visiting, there is nothing wrong with that. 

Lol exactly. When I was a teenager and studied Korean on and off, our teachers brought their hanboks for us to try on. Then we had a photoshoot. I am camera shy, and I tried to decline, but they were very persistent and excited. Finally, I gave in. Luckily I did because those pics are kinda cute :) 

Ugh, I remember I was so smitten for one of the teacher's assistants. We decided to take a pic together wearing hanboks, and it was super awkward. Lol good times :alpacacrush:

Edited by Neonpet

Posted (edited)

Edited by ----

Posted

Lol I don't get what's the problem with her being not Korean and wearing a hanbok, she is a tourist isn't she, and there are touristic places in Korea (or any other country) where you pay to wear traditional clothing like hanboks and you can have a photoshoot while wearing it.I don't get why some people get annoyed by tourists wearing-trying out traditional clothing respectfully in the country they are visiting, there is nothing wrong with that. 

Well, it's not super problematic but if I remember correctly, a long time ago she complained about people not being Chinese wearing Hanfu, and people not being Korean wearing Hanbok. So it feels strange to criticise something you then do yourself. 

But this was a long time ago, so I don't have any receipts. Sorry

Posted

Well, it's not super problematic but if I remember correctly, a long time ago she complained about people not being Chinese wearing Hanfu, and people not being Korean wearing Hanbok. So it feels strange to criticise something you then do yourself. 

But this was a long time ago, so I don't have any receipts. Sorry

I’m pretty sure she was referring to people wearing a cultural garment in an inappropriate context. I don’t think Joy has a problem with cultures being shared and wearing clothing from other cultures as long as it’s done in the appropriate manner, so that’s kind of a reach. 

Posted

Can she just leave? I mean, she just uses EXO to sexualize them or stalk their families, girl just leave. 

Posted

Hey! I'm a long time lurker and this is my first time posting, I hope I'm doing it right! (I'm posting this from my phone so apologies if the formatting looks a bit weird or the images are huge)

anyway, I've been following Joy for a few years, since back when she used to do group orders a lot and had a youtube channel with Iris (@fnkgirl) and some others if I remember correctly. She seems like a nice girl but imo she really overshares on social media and should be more careful of what she's posting.

also, despite what she and her delulu followers says, she is a HUGE koreaboo. Like yeah, it's good she went on that language exchange thing (was it 2016?) and really studies Korean seriously. But I feel she brags about it for her followers (by putting sentences written in Korean characters in her captions when she wants to tell what a Korean person said to her even tho she knows her followers can't understand it).

And what also bothers me is that she really dislike and sometimes calls out other kboos about fetishising and appropriation when she herself does it on a regular basis?? Like this:

IMG_3921.thumb.PNG.fa8583f20e7e0a31396bc

just go to her Instagram and see how she's constantly sexualising Sehun and the other EXO members. I get that you can like idols and find them attractive but she and her followers really takes it too far sometimes.

IMG_3918.thumb.PNG.185fc91679e6f5b12107b

And if you like an idol for his looks and talent, leave it at that. Joy is currently in Korea and went to Chanyeol's mother's restaurant. I know his mother keeps photos and fanart etc. in there, but still, it rubs me the wrong way going to the restaurant only to see his mother?? Like that's another level of obsession. Heres another example:

IMG_3919.thumb.PNG.66e7ae1653db45594787a

she also went to Kai's sister's cafe, and it's so obvious she only went to see his sister. Uhm, what does his sister has to do with anything? Personally I couldn't care less about my idols' family, it's their music I like not anything else.

IMG_3927.thumb.PNG.6786500a2a84581d691f1IMG_3928.thumb.PNG.3b952a5782fb8c9f960c8

When she was in London. Maybe it's just me being boring but why would she take a photo with the statue only because Chanyeol went there? I understand if she went to places from EXOs official photos, album covers etc. But when the members are on their own holidays? Stalker warning.... (btw I find it so funny how she calls the statue "queen amy" like she's ever listened and really enjoyed her music)

IMG_3929.thumb.PNG.35a507cd43adc326a986cIMG_3930.thumb.PNG.8e41234aeb0bd8c56950d

She also went to see Chanyeol on the red carpet for some fashion show because he was in London the same time as her. That's fine, I understand her wanting to see her idol. But telling followers not to steal her "shit" (meaning the video on the camera) when it's not even hers is laughable. In the comments, she told a user that a journalist let her film his camera, so it's not her own video.

IMG_3920.thumb.PNG.463aeb4e9065a4b160d68

Last but not least, is she wearing a Hanbok in this photo? It's very recent, and she posted it while being in korea, which made me suspiscious. I am not good with cultural clothing, but to me it looks more like a Hanbok than a Chinese Hanfu.

sooo this long post has finally come to an end, it might feel a bit messy but yeah I'm on my phone and English is not my native language so apologies. 

And to make things clear: I do not dislike Joy, I find her very strong and hard working. I like that she buys everything with her own money she's earned from working. But I wish she would mature a bit more and not be stuck in that kpop/kdrama bubble. And stop oversharing on her social media channels. After all, she is 18 now and should know better.

Although your opinions are valid, personally I feel as if some of your points come across as nit picky. Personally, I don’t necessarily see what’s wrong with Joy visiting Chanyeol’s mother’s restaurant or Kai’s sister’s cafe or even visiting the same statue that Chanyeol took a photo at. There are many fans who do the same things as Joy visiting these places, but I don't see people complaining about them. Many fans do these things like go visit their idol's places they've been to as a remembrance. As well visiting chanyeol's mothers restaurant & kai's sister's cafe, many do it to pay respects to their idols and their families as well as perhaps thank them and give fanart/fan letters etc. I just think that since Joy is embedded with this kboo reputation, anything she does that is related to kpop is perceived as a “kboo tendency” when really it’s something normal that fans in general would want to do. 

Posted

Although your opinions are valid, personally I feel as if some of your points come across as nit picky. Personally, I don’t necessarily see what’s wrong with Joy visiting Chanyeol’s mother’s restaurant or Kai’s sister’s cafe or even visiting the same statue that Chanyeol took a photo at. There are many fans who do the same things as Joy visiting these places, but I don't see people complaining about them. Many fans do these things like go visit their idol's places they've been to as a remembrance. As well visiting chanyeol's mothers restaurant & kai's sister's cafe, many do it to pay respects to their idols and their families as well as perhaps thank them and give fanart/fan letters etc. I just think that since Joy is embedded with this kboo reputation, anything she does that is related to kpop is perceived as a “kboo tendency” when really it’s something normal that fans in general would want to do. 

I would agree if it weren't for the time she ~totally wasn't stalking EXO in New York~. It's one thing to want to visit and experience the same things as idols and see little parts of their lives but are we going to pretend that she wouldn't lose her mind and cross boundaries if one of them happened to be there or is secretly hoping she'll get a more intimate experience. 

Posted

Yeah, I get what you mean and I confess I am a bit too picky! It's just that while it's not wrong to go to EXO family members' cafes etc, it feels like in her captions she really emphasizes how she met Chanyeol's mum and sooo disappointing she didn't even see Kai's sister, who really don't have anything with EXO to do except just being sister to Kai. 

I'm sorry, I have a hard time expressing my thoughts, English is not my native language so apologies if I come off as rude, it is not intentional

Posted

What’s her new ig name? 

Posted

What’s her new ig name? 

its.ya.boi.joy

idk why she keeps changing it because she in the past, she changed in once in a blue moon, but you do you 

Posted

its.ya.boi.joy

idk why she keeps changing it because she in the past, she changed in once in a blue moon, but you do you 

I think in this case she is really trying to distance herself from 'koreaboo uguu SEHUN OPPA' kpop account because all her usernames used to involve him and her posts would center around her fangirling life... I think she's trying to continue with her 'mature' college image and make it more lifestyle-y but her following is going to suffer bc that's not what they came to see. 

Posted

She's such a huge koreaboo, you can tell from that post where the Thai mistaken her for a Korean. It's actually very common for Chinese people to get mistaken as Koreans/Japanese so it's no big deal actually... And I'm sorry but I don't find her pretty at all.