• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

LG, Samsung, pretty much Korean brands are durable af? My first was a Samsung and that baby lasted YEARS. Dropped Iphone once and it burst into flames, so I had a cheapo Chinese phone until I got this baby. This is the first phone I've had that wasn't given to me as a hand-me-down, si I feel worthy. :megusta:

I agree with samsung! But my last phone was a LG (G2) and it broke 3 times (I repaired it 2 times). I just accidently dropped it.. not even from far above and the screen just shattered in 1000 pieces and I couldn't use it anymore. After third time I was like.. nope.. fck that and got me a samsung again (my first smartphone was a samsung S2 and it never broke and lastet me for sooo long). So now I have a galaxy S6 edge and I'm pretty happy with it :alpacacrush: 

Only thing that bugs me about different brands then iPhone, is that there are like NO nice/cute phone cases... everything is iPhone only. So I recently bought a clear case and I'm gonna print out a picture and put it behind lol. 

(But if someome knows where I could get nice Samsung S6 edge phone cases.. tell me pls!)

Edited by platypus
typo

Posted

I have never owned an "adult" camera so that sounds amazing ~ What do you plan to use it for? 

It's a faux silk scarf. I have floral blankets on my bed which became camouflage for the Little Twin Star items. My blankets with the magazine they clashed so I threw down a different scarf. Through. . .oh maybe 2012 Hot Topic had a lot of Rapunzel items. She is my favorite Princess (along with Eilonwy but good luck finding anything for her). Snow White is nice too.

The markup pricing on some of the items kill me. If you were still in Japan I would have you running around picking up LTS items for me. Anytime friends go to Japan I now request them to pick up LTS items, forward me the price, and I will pay for shipping when a box gets filled up. Most people have comics or figures. I have Little Twin Star.

To be honest, I just generally like taking photos. There's nothing interesting around me I could take photos of and people here intimidate me too much, so I'm mostly using my cameras for travelling and in September I'll be at a convention where I'll take some photos of friends. But that camera is really frustrating me, it's not magically better only because it costs more and has a nice lense :alpacaworry2: I'm getting frustrated really quickly though, so I hope I won't return it in a rush of "Those photos aren't better than my digicam ones and I don't know how to change the settings".

There were sooooo many beautiful Disney items for adults again in Japan! I saw there are beautiful character eye shadow palettes inthe Its' Demo in Kimdao's video and I even had seen the Pokemon adverts they had in their windows but forgot to go back there :alpacadone: Germany is so stuck up about anything related to cartoons being used by adults, it's depressing.

I toooootally understand! I love LTS too, I had a notebook with them since forever, it's probably like twenty years old now. Japan has so much cute stuff, it's really, really not fair... To bring this back to the boast theme: last year I bought a huge bottle of shampoo. In an apple bottle! With Red Riding Hood on it! I love Japanese shampoo so much, especially Ichikami because it smells soooo good and the scent stays for a while :alpacalove:

Posted

I love money, and my Dad is gonna start paying me 50 dollars a night to work with him. Pretty good for a 13 year old gal like me.

Posted

I got four extra holes put into my ears today. This is only one of them because this was not an easy photo to take.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFn

The two studs are the new holes, the other hole I've had for ten years. I went to a really good place, had them done with a needle and not a stud gun, the black one's surgical steel, the gold one's gold plated steel. Now it's just cleaning them twice a day. I've wanted to get extra holes for a while, so this is great. Next time I might do a helix or something.

Posted

I guess this goes here: I got a new car last month. I mean, it was used but it is new to me and it is sooooo much nicer than my old car. Also, I have started renting my first house! I feel like such an adult right now. I have nice furniture and a big back yard with cute little bird feeders and shit...it's just beautiful. I haven't set anything on fire yet or anything. :lamaheadshake: 

Posted

I was on a adoption trail for a dog I got tottaly attached to it and the Forster fo decided she wanted to keep it and took the dog the day before my trial was over and I am totally crushed I decided to d a bit of retail therapy and bought myself a new Ariana grande perfume and a too faced gift set the perfume is heavenly and is really sweet and oxides to a vanilla scent best celebrity perfume I've ever bought and it lasts a super long time too I'm still waiting for the pallete to get here though

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

I recently had a personal shopping day with my boyfriend, it was a mad rush because I had a minimum spend of £5k. I got a gorgeous fur gilet, Burberry coat, La Perla and Agent Provocateur lingerie, Christian Louboutin boots, a few tops, Hermes belt, Hermes bracelet, and a Valentino dress. I will update with pictures soon! We do it twice a year and it's so much fun! 

I'm waiting on my chance to get a Chanel flap bag to match my Birkin. Praying for one in caviar!

I really appreciate everything my boyfriend does, he is an amazing and generous man.

Posted

my baby, my cute and funny dog, died recently, she was..so young and the day before, she was jumping and playing with me, she didnt wake up,

she had  a heart attack, she was adopted and she was with us for  like 5 months yet. YET, she left us with a big hole.

she was an albino boxer, they are common for having heart problems, and the sad thing is..we cant do nothing

im just glad she didnt suffer, she just went to sleep and never wake up

i miss my jumpy friend.

Posted

Late to this party train ... 

:stahplz:

I can't remember who asked a while back for me to show my bake wear/ mini silicon collection ( sadly I'm still organizing and can't find all of them.. maybe I'll just list what I can remember thats missing ) 

First Up : 

Left : Spiralizer ( for making noodles out of veggies )    Right : Mandolin Slicer ( meant for making chips ) 

IMG_4112.thumb.jpg.806daee453bffa87f7f24

Left : Spring loaded mini cake pans              Right : Mini Bunt cake moulds 

IMG_4114.thumb.jpg.a143a6d2173513134b5ce

Left : Mini doughnut mould                              Right : Regular sized doughnut mould 

IMG_4115.thumb.jpg.e54da538763712e370e44

Sugar cookie / cheese cake mould ... 

IMG_4116.thumb.jpg.cca673ca86b48b478c731

Mini Tart pan <3 

IMG_4118.thumb.jpg.86940a30302f057cef3cf

SILiCONE TIME 

Silicone cup moulds for chocolate or jelly treats <3 

IMG_4119.thumb.jpg.64540bdc96ff1a13e5327

Full sized chocolate/gummy moulds 

IMG_4120.thumb.jpg.f86b1d9ba6f79e5debc5e

Silicone star moulds flat and 3D                   Chocolate own candy moulds 

IMG_4121.thumb.jpg.f8317c6ab45e3974344cb

Whats missing : 

Gummy bear mould 

Heart cake pan 

Heart gummy mould 

Cookie cutters 

Chest nut mould ( metal ) 

Panini press 

Deep frier and oil free frier 

regular basic pans : pie pans and muffin pan and cookie sheets and pizza trays ... because nobody cares about those :P 

Maybe tmr I'll display my scents collection ( perfume ) 

Posted

@AppleCrumble all of your cooking supplies looks amazing :alpacashocked:

I've been spoiling myself lately. Recently bought a new phone to replace the one I currently have. It's nothing too fancy but I'm satisfied. Bought a psvita, memory card, and 3 games for my bday/xmas gift for myself. And while I was at b&n the other night they had nook tablets on sale for $50 and I needed a new one since my old nook crapped out..sooo yeah I couldn't resist that deal lol ^^

Posted

I love any kind of old books! And since a close relative of mine owns a used-book store, which I always got discounts or free gifts from, I used to spend a lot of time browsing novels or reading old classic mangas with their older translations. Not that I'm dissing the newer translations, but oftentimes the older editions are more poetic than the revivals. Older books have this delicious distinct smell, unique layouts/illustrations I find interesting, and they give me this feeling of "I READ THEM BEFORE Y'ALL DO" even though I had only read it now. I guess I should've worded it like "I feel like I read them in the time the books were originally published" though :>

For now I want to brag my ALMOST complete editions of Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa: volume 1,3,4 (Viz Media, English). Got it for free (!!), but now having a hard time looking for anyone willing to ship ONLY THE SECOND volume to my city. Even the used book shop in Amazon doesn't want to ship it here :(

foto_no_exif.thumb.jpg.2d926f0a20f431442

Miyazaki's works are so rare here that I can't help but brag.

Posted

I love any kind of old books! And since a close relative of mine owns a used-book store, which I always got discounts or free gifts from, I used to spend a lot of time browsing novels or reading old classic mangas with their older translations. Not that I'm dissing the newer translations, but oftentimes the older editions are more poetic than the revivals. Older books have this delicious distinct smell, unique layouts/illustrations I find interesting, and they give me this feeling of "I READ THEM BEFORE Y'ALL DO" even though I had only read it now. I guess I should've worded it like "I feel like I read them in the time the books were originally published" though :>

For now I want to brag my ALMOST complete editions of Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa: volume 1,3,4 (Viz Media, English). Got it for free (!!), but now having a hard time looking for anyone willing to ship ONLY THE SECOND volume to my city. Even the used book shop in Amazon doesn't want to ship it here :(

foto_no_exif.thumb.jpg.2d926f0a20f431442

Miyazaki's works are so rare here that I can't help but brag.

Do I see Maximum Ride under them!?

Honestly, I would if I could but Amazon is stingy here for me too xD

Posted

@Fukawa Toko yes, it's Maximum Ride! I didn't read the novels but the art on the graphic novel is SO PRETTY. Too bad they discontinued translating it here (is the original even still ongoing? I didn't catch up).

To stay relevant to the thread: my beautiful copy of Steinbeck's "The Pearl" from 1978 :alpacacrush: I remember when my english teacher asked us to read either The Pearl, Life of Pi, or To Kill a Mockingbird for assignment, and mine is the oldest and the only illustrated one from all! 

20161227_031514.thumb.jpg.17669e910d595f20161227_031530.thumb.jpg.02ba7462f476361482783426113-1754310436.thumb.jpg.93fef

Posted

I got a holiday bonus at work last week and i finally got:

- A PS4

- a 32' HD tv (since the original 30' we had the hdmi port didnt work)

- Skyrim 

^-^ it was my christmas present for myself and my boyfriend

Posted

@Fukawa Toko yes, it's Maximum Ride! I didn't read the novels but the art on the graphic novel is SO PRETTY. Too bad they discontinued translating it here (is the original even still ongoing? I didn't catch up).

To stay relevant to the thread: my beautiful copy of Steinbeck's "The Pearl" from 1978 :alpacacrush: I remember when my english teacher asked us to read either The Pearl, Life of Pi, or To Kill a Mockingbird for assignment, and mine is the oldest and the only illustrated one from all! 

20161227_031514.thumb.jpg.17669e910d595f20161227_031530.thumb.jpg.02ba7462f476361482783426113-1754310436.thumb.jpg.93fef

The novels ended... a few years ago I think? I was a big fan in early high school, but I dropped off around Fang. 

Though I also love old books, but most of mine have been stolen from my Grandparents' houses, including

- Some really overdue library books

- A copy of the original version of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" which has a title I'm not comfortable typing

- Old copies of Shakespeare plays, and some texts I needed for school

And a lot of things that are falling apart.