• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

34 posts in this topic

Posted

boastboardmain.thumb.png.ab5612968b46baa

boastboardsubs01.thumb.png.9e110b63804a6

On Pretty Ugly Little Liars we love to extract anecdotes from our daily lives to expand our perspective on various personalities online. Sadly anytime we have something to brag about, it often does not segue well into threads specifically for personalities and snowflakes. Our hope with the Boast Board is to create a sanctuary for all of our materialistic expressions.

In this lighthearted thread you will be able to post photos of your most recent purchases, talk about your growing collections, and pretty much anything that makes you a "materialistic little shit". 

boastboardsubs02.thumb.png.a09dad47573e8

These rules (specific for this thread) and instated to keep this thread running smoothly, and to aid loading times for mobile device users. Rules are subject to change as this thread continues to grow and we receive more feedback over time. 

1. This thread, although quite different from the snowflake subjects on Pretty Ugly Little Liars, is still a part of the website. You must follow the general site rules to avoid a negative impact on your account.

2. Do not quote this post. If you want to message me specifically please use a "@" followed by my username. The result of quoting this post may result in strange formatting in your reply, strange formatting in the quote, and slower loading times especially for our mobile users. As a moderator I would like to avoid having to edit your post to delete quotes of this first post.

boastboardsubs04.thumb.png.4ff2d351920c3

I have several safety tips to keep your anonymity safe on this forum. These are not requirements, merely suggestions.

1. Do not use the same images you have already posted to social media. If you post a picture to this forum that is already on display on your Facebook (Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, etc), there is a high chance the image can be reverse searched back to you. 

2. Remove the EXIF data from your pictures. Most modern cameras and cell phones have GPS tracking features and will embed GPS coordinates into the file information even if GPS is turned off. To remove this data go to any EXIF data removing website such as this one

boastboardsubs03.thumb.png.083db6ee3a482

Do you want to contribute to this thread but you don't know what to post? 

1. You can post pictures of your recent purchases. (Makeup, clothes, toys, etc.) 

2. You can post pictures of your collections such as doll collections, makeup collections, etc.

3. You can discuss or compliment other people's posts! This is a forum after all ~

4. You can ask questions about other people's posts. (Where did you buy that? How much did it cost? Does it work well? Do you collect xxxx?)

Posted

:alpacacrush:

Posted

Everything in your haul is gorgeous. :alpacalove:

I bought myself a new Samsung Galaxy S7. I deserved it. Can't take pic of it for obvious reasons. :stoplz:

Posted

Everything in your haul is gorgeous. :alpacalove:

I bought myself a new Samsung Galaxy S7. I deserved it. Can't take pic of it for obvious reasons. :stoplz:

Damn it Siwon, I wanted phoneception in a picture.

I'm envious of people with new smartphones. Mine is about 4/5 years old at least (LG Escape 2) but the battery still works and I can drop it several times a day without it breaking so I've never bothered to dump hundreds of dollars on a new phone.

So congratulations on the new phone, especially if you deserved it! (Even if you only deserved it because you require shiny new things or because you hit 10 successful assassinations in your neighborhood or something.)

Posted

I bought a Canon EOS M10 last week! I never had a camera with a separate lense before and it still feels like I'm not taking any better photos than with my normal digital cameras but it's still lots of fun and I'm motivated to get the best out of it :alpacacrush:

@BonBonChucked I'm suuuuper jealous of your haul, everything looks amazing! (especially after only being back from Japan for like two weeks...) I wish I were better at makeup but my skills suck so much. And your Rapunzel blanket (?)... :alpacalove:

Posted

@BonBonChucked be careful of your ECONECO compact, the powder is really soft so it breaks easily. ;A; I didn't even drop mine and it shattered when i was carrying it inside my bag. crei 

Have you checked out these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sanrio-AC-by-AngelColour-Wonder-Collect-Powder-loose-powder-Little-Twin-Star-/182220603764?var=&hash=item2a6d31c174:m:mhXqkQGvTc5sHMacfl_hhaA

I have nothing to brag about coz i'm poor af rn lmao 

Posted

Damn it Siwon, I wanted phoneception in a picture.

I'm envious of people with new smartphones. Mine is about 4/5 years old at least (LG Escape 2) but the battery still works and I can drop it several times a day without it breaking so I've never bothered to dump hundreds of dollars on a new phone.

So congratulations on the new phone, especially if you deserved it! (Even if you only deserved it because you require shiny new things or because you hit 10 successful assassinations in your neighborhood or something.)

LG, Samsung, pretty much Korean brands are durable af? My first was a Samsung and that baby lasted YEARS. Dropped Iphone once and it burst into flames, so I had a cheapo Chinese phone until I got this baby. This is the first phone I've had that wasn't given to me as a hand-me-down, si I feel worthy. :megusta:

Posted

I bought a Canon EOS M10 last week! I never had a camera with a separate lense before and it still feels like I'm not taking any better photos than with my normal digital cameras but it's still lots of fun and I'm motivated to get the best out of it :alpacacrush:

@BonBonChucked I'm suuuuper jealous of your haul, everything looks amazing! (especially after only being back from Japan for like two weeks...) I wish I were better at makeup but my skills suck so much. And your Rapunzel blanket (?)... :alpacalove:

I have never owned an "adult" camera so that sounds amazing ~ What do you plan to use it for? 

It's a faux silk scarf. I have floral blankets on my bed which became camouflage for the Little Twin Star items. My blankets with the magazine they clashed so I threw down a different scarf. Through. . .oh maybe 2012 Hot Topic had a lot of Rapunzel items. She is my favorite Princess (along with Eilonwy but good luck finding anything for her). Snow White is nice too.

The markup pricing on some of the items kill me. If you were still in Japan I would have you running around picking up LTS items for me. Anytime friends go to Japan I now request them to pick up LTS items, forward me the price, and I will pay for shipping when a box gets filled up. Most people have comics or figures. I have Little Twin Star.

@BonBonChucked be careful of your ECONECO compact, the powder is really soft so it breaks easily. ;A; I didn't even drop mine and it shattered when i was carrying it inside my bag. crei 

Have you checked out these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sanrio-AC-by-AngelColour-Wonder-Collect-Powder-loose-powder-Little-Twin-Star-/182220603764?var=&hash=item2a6d31c174:m:mhXqkQGvTc5sHMacfl_hhaA

I have nothing to brag about coz i'm poor af rn lmao 

There are many ways to reset powder!! Try rubbing alcohol. I did it with a drugstore blush I really liked when I dropped it and it broke. I was surprised it worked. Check out Youtube, or even WikiHow probably has an article on how to do it. I'll be certain to keep this powder at home now that you warned me!

I already own both styles ~

LG, Samsung, pretty much Korean brands are durable af? My first was a Samsung and that baby lasted YEARS. Dropped Iphone once and it burst into flames, so I had a cheapo Chinese phone until I got this baby. This is the first phone I've had that wasn't given to me as a hand-me-down, si I feel worthy. :megusta:

Yeah I'd had lots of luck with LG. Before my phone was a flip phone with a full keyboard and it worked brilliantly until I had it so long the buttons became less sensitive and  some quit working. Other buttons had the paint come off. It was an oddball free upgrade phone and carried me from middle school through most of high school. (The only reason I had a phone that young was due to taking a billion dance classes and my parents needing to get a hold of me.) 

I hope you mean literal flames because that would be awesome. Well, unless it was my own phone in which case I can imagine the terror you must have felt. Regardless, yay stepping into the adult world with a shiny new phone! Hopefully I join your ranks some day.

Posted

i know none of you probably care but i have 3 bjd dolls! (including one that has a volks head... that i got for $88 dollars compared to seeing it go for $300 on doll sales forums... >:>)

i also made it into this maid cafe recently that is really hard to get into so i'm really proud of myself for that too!! :)

Posted

i know none of you probably care but i have 3 bjd dolls! (including one that has a volks head... that i got for $88 dollars compared to seeing it go for $300 on doll sales forums... >:>)

i also made it into this maid cafe recently that is really hard to get into so i'm really proud of myself for that too!! :)

Ohh~~ Do you have pictures of the dolls? I never got into BJD because the dolls are so expensive and I am so picky I would want hundreds of customizations for the dolls. That is so amazing you collect. (I only have a few cheap Monster High / Ever After High dolls) If not pictures, could you tell us what they look like?

Posted

Ohh~~ Do you have pictures of the dolls? I never got into BJD because the dolls are so expensive and I am so picky I would want hundreds of customizations for the dolls. That is so amazing you collect. (I only have a few cheap Monster High / Ever After High dolls) If not pictures, could you tell us what they look like?

sure!

27486465712_35cfc790c6_z.jpg

two of them are from "cheap" brands but i always get compliments on them at meets... the biggest girl is the volks head hybrid :)

the one with the blonde hair is a boy but he crossdresses sometimes... lol (i have no boy clothes really )

i also have 2 floating heads but only one has a faceup at the moment...

26152076672_2d9f9aaccf.jpg

Posted (edited)

sure!

two of them are from "cheap" brands but i always get compliments on them at meets... the biggest girl is the volks head hybrid :)

the one with the blonde hair is a boy but he crossdresses sometimes... lol (i have no boy clothes really )

BUT WHERE CAN I GET THOSE LASHES FOR ME THOUGH ?? :alpacalove: Seriously the lashes are gorgeous, but I also adore the full face.

I adore the larger girl in pink too ~ She looks so angelic (plus I am a sucker for fluffy pink coats :alpacacrush:) See, the problem with dolls is I often want to steal their wardrobes. . .swapping out fabric choices of course. Dolls don't need fully lined clothes whereas I do. Do you make the clothes or do you purchase them? The boy's dress really is quite pretty too.

By the way congratulations on the position at the maid cafe! I was so excited about the dolls I forgot to mention it before. . .

Edited by BonBonChucked
Added content.

Posted

There are many ways to reset powder!! Try rubbing alcohol. I did it with a drugstore blush I really liked when I dropped it and it broke. I was surprised it worked. Check out Youtube, or even WikiHow probably has an article on how to do it. I'll be certain to keep this powder at home now that you warned me!

Yeah i know how to reset powder haha but i just feel like it's not the same and the alcohol smell is super off putting 

Posted

sure!

Ohhhhhh, did you do the faceups for them ?
I also think using brands to define how pretty/ugly/goo/bad a resin child is really unnecessary, i've seen Resinsoul dolls who look better than some Sooms, because they're take care of better. If the owner care then cheap or expensive brands doesnt matter, and at least they're financial and buy dolls from actual companies and not recasts