• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

J rock/metal

58 posts in this topic

Posted

I've always being a fan of rock especially 80's rock but I love JRock the ones I listen to are

AliceNine

the Gazette

TMRevolution

Gackt(did I spell it right?lol)

ONE OK Rock

there's¬†songs I like by other bands but at the moment nothing comes to mind ūüė¨ Since its been a while that I last listen to JRock

Posted

ONE OK ROCK

Abingdon Boys School

Uverworld

Theatre Brook 

Posted

I dont listen as much as I used to when i was 15 oh my..i feel old 
but heres my list:

Dir en grey (mostly their older songs the new stuff is a little too much sometimes)
Mucc
girugamesh
sadie
Kagrra
heidi.
schwarz stein
Kaya
UVERworld
amazarashi

Posted

I don't listen to a wide variety of J-rock/metal/visual kei but Dir En Grey has been my favorite band for a long time :megusta:

Other than them, I only listen to Gackt, Miyavi and occasionally the GazettE and TMRevolution.

Posted

I listened to some jrock when I was into anime (some of bb openings are still my favs nowadays) but didn't really explore it further (which was weird cause I was hardcore into bands).

Anyway a few months ago I stumbled upon a guy on instagram, turns out he is the drummer of the band Pentagon. I was instantly hooked. Does anyone know them? I haven't seem them mentioned so far. My favourite song of them is Jesus phobia.

Since then I have been exploring some other groups and one group named R something (it's kanji I think and I can't read that, one videos says shitei though so it might be that) has great songs too.

Posted

so many OOR listeners here! i was a DIE hard fan. no jk;;;;
but after their music started to sound "americanized" (i mean after they started to be produced) back in 2013 i got disappointed more and more, eventually leading to be annoyed by their stuff... coughambitionscoughcough oneway ticket sounds like a song justin bieber would sing for...

anyway ehr...
anyone liking 9goats black out by any chance?
sadly, they disbanded in 2013 or '14. but they made sure not to disband without leaving great music behind!
i especially love how sometimes their pieces get pretty artsy in some way

not one of those artisy pieces but this song is pretty much represents the group's music very well

otherwise I really like Asriel and WHITE ASH :alpacacrush:

Posted

My all times fave band is D=OUT but it seems that hardly anyone I know likes them, they are sooo underrated overseas, especially since the old drummer left and got replaced (the new drummer is actually decent, used to be known as ena from xTRiPx for any fans of that band lol)

I also listen to Gackt, VAMPS, Galileo Galilei (JIndie band that broke up last year *so gutted*, sung the theme for AnoHana), SCANDAL, Miyavi, The Gazette and a few DIAURA songs lol. Used to listen to An Cafe at one point, even saw them live once as well.

Posted

Dir en grey and D'espairsRay are my all time favourites! Even though D'espa disbanded years ago, I still listen to them a lot. :alpacacrush:

Posted

I love Mejibray, Arlequin, Diaura and Doll$boxx, they're my main favourites. I want to see them live next year.

Also The Gazette, Babymetal, DIV and Royz :) 

Posted

I used to love 9GOATS BLACK OUT when they were around. I even have one of their albums. Such a great band.

Aight, so I'm a former visual kei j-rock junkie reformed as an indie j-rock junkie. No joke, I probably follow close to fifty or so indie bands. Some are mega popular, some are not. Also I hate Enon Kawatani but I love his bands, except he uses Gesu to make people pity him so I try to steer clear of any of the bands he's worked with (but indigo and dadaray are soooo good I cry). I also hate Fukase of Sekai no Owari and at least I also hate his band. lol

So, some old and new faves, bare with me:

- Pay money To my Pain (yo if K hadn't died I'm wondering how big this band might've become plus they were close friends with the OOR boys)

- ONE OK ROCK, even if their latest album is a trash fire. I like them mainly for lives and they seem like good guys. Their fans are annoying af tho.

- BUCK-TICK, aka the band that sold my soul to becoming j-rock trash.

- Gackt, although I hate him too, pls never search for his instagram. You have been warned.

- Kagrra, (ISSHI)

- Guniw Tools, no one knows this band. I question why I like them so much.

- deadman

- Malice Mizer was/is my JAM forever, every era

- the GazettE is good for writing to tbh

- Miyavi, my bae, my love, he annoys me sometimes but I love his fam and I'm getting a tattoo of one of his song titles someday. Saw him live almost a decade ago.

- Kaya, my sweet possibly gay (p sure that's almost been confirmed) love who looks fly in men's attire or women's

- X-Japan, not their new stuff js

- hide <333333

- Plastic Tree, my loves.

(some non-vk bands)

- Sakanaction, aka a religious experience, [Alexandros], my mainstream love, The Oral Cigarettes because holy flip takuya's deep ass voice, ling tosite sigure depending on my mood bc they can be great but, Suchmos, keijrtijtjiyuj, The Novembers, aierjyitktjkj, The fin., ame no parade, yoru no honki dance, shinsei kamattechan <3, p-model????, Nulbarich, yahyel, Frederic, Bigmama, Kana-boon, The Bawdies, etc.

Posted

I'll listen to all types of Jrock as long I like the sound of the song. As of now I mostly listen to:

The Oral Cigarettes their newer songs are amazing but I also love their older ones

ONE OK ROCK

MAN WITH A MISSION

Blue Encount

Hello Sleepwalkers

Alexandros

Kana-Boon

Band Maid

Wagakki Band

SCANDAL

Ultra Tower

Kamisama Boku ha Kizuiteshimatta or Kami-sama I have noticed

Posted

I listen to the GazettE and A9 every now and then.

But when I was really into Jrock I listened to them, SuG, Gackt, LM.C, An Cafe, Golden Bomber, D=OUT, Miyavi. My all time favorite band was ViViD (Yume ~Mugen no Kanata~ PV was so pretty but 69-II sold me), but then their songs started to get soft and then they disbanded...:alpacaworry2: Pretty much mostly vkei etc. but then some other bands like school food punishment, and Galileo Galilei.

Posted

reviving this thread to add how fake Miyavi's marriage is. yikes.