• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

J rock/metal

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Luna Sea fan here~~ (big surprise, eh?). Musically, I'd say they are still one of the most interesting visual kei bands out there.

I used to be a great X Japan fan, too, I went to their lives in Japan several times (in fact, I once flew to Japan just for that). I really can't wait for their new album and I'm getting really impatient (though still loving them), so in the meantime I just listen to Luna Sea. Hopefully I'll be able to see Luna live this year too...

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karasu

Posted

*happily dies here*!:alpacacrush:

Posted

I listen to dazzlevision ( love 2 sec mad screams for a woman ), larcenciel, miyavi, Alice nine, giragemesh, dir en grey, gazette's, Sug( looove takeru), vlper, Lycaon, ayabie,div (golden kinema is a good one), Dout, exist+trace, jrocks, light bringer, malice mizer, monolith, royz, the pillows,Versailles, xepher (love there song lost eyes), D, dollboxx, anticafe, nocturnal bloodlust, japanx and a shit ton more of vk, but but a huge huge larc en ciel fan love their song whit feathers put me to sleep always. But guys did you notice yohio went hardcore screamo lol no offense to him but I think it's cool.

Posted (edited)

I listen to dazzlevision ( love 2 sec mad screams for a woman ), larcenciel, miyavi, Alice nine, giragemesh, dir en grey, gazette's, Sug( looove takeru), vlper, Lycaon, ayabie,div (golden kinema is a good one), Dout, exist+trace, jrocks, light bringer, malice mizer, monolith, royz, the pillows,Versailles, xepher (love there song lost eyes), D, dollboxx, anticafe, nocturnal bloodlust, japanx and a shit ton more of vk, but but a huge huge larc en ciel fan love their song whit feathers put me to sleep always. But guys did you notice yohio went hardcore screamo lol no offense to him but I think it's cool.

DazzleVision is really good! You listen to most bands I also like xD I'm not that much into Yohio, I do adore his guitar skills but his vocals don't really impress me.

Edited by YU DIE

Posted

Yohio as far as identity wise I feel needs more time but I can believe you on that lol.

DazzleVision is really good! You listen to most bands I also like xD I'm not that much into Yohio, I do adore his guitar skills but his vocals don't really impress me.

i loe love dazzle and dollboxxxx :\\\\\p but forever into larc en ciel and sug. Of topicfor larc en ciel fanans listen to he American tribute album tlc, i believe boyz II men or beastie boys helps the album. TLC did niji, th fren ver of flwer was beautiful, um the honey remake was gorgeous. But but my fave jam so fa is xepher and div lol 

Posted

Gotta say, Kpop had me for a while but i recently rediscovered my love of jrock after seeing The GazettE live. I don't know why I left ;w;

My faves

The GazettE

One Ok Rock

Alice Nine

Mucc

Gackt

Mejibray

Rec me some stuff guys 

Posted (edited)

Rec me some stuff guys 

yaaas the Gazette is my all time fav, it's going to be my second time seeing them in Helsinki next month. I even have the vip. 

There's not many smaller bands that compare to the music of the Gazette, but atm I find that Sel'm has the most similar feel. Still not even close though haha. I guess Dir En Grey is the only band that can  BE compared to The Gazette because of their popularity. If you want something prettier try Sukekiyo. Sadie is a little more like basic j-metal and not so artsy, vocalist sounds like Kyo a little bit, amazing. Nightmare is a classic band too, check it out.

I recommend Girugamesh for people who like Gazette but also like one ok rock. Girugamesh is my second favourite, I feel so sad that they'll be no more. There's an ongoing band called lynch.  ,  that makes a tiny bit similar music to Girugamesh's old albums. DEATHGAZE is a little heavier, but still good. Many Gazette fans also like BORN and SCREW. If you liked BORN, try DIAURA too.

Then there are the not so basic bands, NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST reminds me more of western metal.

For a girl band, ALDIOUS is probably the best available right now.

There's newer bands called DADAROMA and Royz that I never got into since I'm so old, but they have lots of fans it might be right up your alley. Still, right now it seems most attention in the community surrounds The Gazette and Mejibray, hopefully some new stars come up, since so many bands disbanded already this year. 

Edited by baeby

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/RC-LT1oQcIU

They changed their tour schedule and are coming to my country after all I'm so happy *-*

Edited by baeby

Posted

I never got into Jrock/metal when I was younger.. even tho I loved rock. But Jrock was sadly never my thing. But maybe it is now, since I'm out of this lifesucking kpop swamp back into the rock/metal/alternative swamp lol.

Maybe someone wants to rec me some bands that are similar to western bands I love? :alpacacrush: Like Bring me the Horizon, Bullet for my Valentine, Papa Roach or Of mice and men :lamaheadshake:

Posted

Honestly I did dump Jrock a long time ago when most did. Mostly because my tastes changed to symphonic metal. But I saw an interview of Wagakki Band above on NHK and I'm so obsessed with their traditional instruments mixed with rock. :alpacalove:

I've been listening to Wagakki Band lately, and I love it. Kiyoshi is my favorite band member (he's so cute). Grr I need to learn to play the koto, but the full size ones are so expensive.

Posted

definitely the gazette, I quite like band-maid (I've only listened to them a few times tho), BABYMETAL!!! and LadyBaby :P

Posted

definitely the gazette, I quite like band-maid (I've only listened to them a few times tho), BABYMETAL!!! and LadyBaby :P

YES I LOVE BABYMETAL! I've been listening to Su, Moa, and Yui since they were in Sakura Gakuin!

Posted

YES I LOVE BABYMETAL! I've been listening to Su, Moa, and Yui since they were in Sakura Gakuin!

I listen to a little Sakura Gakuin aswell, my favourite song is Ganbare!

Posted

I listen to a little Sakura Gakuin aswell, my favourite song is Ganbare!

I listen to verishuvi most of the time. Yui is so little there!