• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

J rock/metal

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been listening to Japanese rock/metal bands since I was 12 years old. It used to be kind of a big deal here where I'm from, many bands came here and the community was huge. Nowadays it has shrunken, many people "switched" to kpop which wasn't really my thang. Just wondering how many here still listen to such music if any? Especially Dir en grey and The GazettE

Posted

Yep, but not Dir en Grey or Gazette though. :C
I mostly listen to:

ONE OK ROCK
OLDCODEX
Abingdon Boys School
Spyair
Aqua Timez
MUCC
DOES
L'arc en Ciel
X Japan
The Rootless
Scandal
Nico Touches the Walls

They are all really popular and I'm searching for some heavier bands atm, but Dir en Grey is a bit... Too much for me haha.

Posted

Ohh MUCC is very good live, I saw them in 2009. My suggestions would be then GIRUGAMESH,  dueljewel, born, lynch. , the gazette especially older if you're not into heavy.

Posted

Mostly listen to Girugamesh, Kiryu, Dog in the pwo, Blu billion, Bug-Lug and Royz :alpacalove: But that's pretty much it :lamaheadshake: 

Posted

Ohh MUCC is very good live, I saw them in 2009. My suggestions would be then GIRUGAMESH,  dueljewel, born, lynch. , the gazette especially older if you're not into heavy.

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I'll look them up! <3

Posted

Mostly listen to Girugamesh, Kiryu, Dog in the pwo, Blu billion, Bug-Lug and Royz :alpacalove: But that's pretty much it :lamaheadshake: 

yeah I know all of those bands!  They're all nice even though I'm mostly into the more heavier stuff, but Girugamesh is amazing. Seen them live twice I wish I could see them again they're so good. Dog in the pwo vocalist has a special voice I really like it. Idk why it reminds me of xtripx even tho musical style is different.

Posted

yeah I know all of those bands!  They're all nice even though I'm mostly into the more heavier stuff, but Girugamesh is amazing. Seen them live twice I wish I could see them again they're so good. Dog in the pwo vocalist has a special voice I really like it. Idk why it reminds me of xtripx even tho musical style is different.

He definitely got a very special voice :Alpacashocked: Blu Billion's vocalist also :meowplz: The first time I listened to him sing, I thought it was some kind of remix since his voice was so high :haiplz: 

Posted

He definitely got a very special voice :Alpacashocked: Blu Billion's vocalist also :meowplz: The first time I listened to him sing, I thought it was some kind of remix since his voice was so high :haiplz: 

heres sone other bands I think have special sounding vocals! Some disbanded sadly

Oz:  https://youtu.be/l8hTphqbu0E

ClearVeil: https://youtu.be/M0vf85ZnYG8

DELUHI: https://youtu.be/2t0wvvqVjqw

Vistlip: https://youtu.be/RDGjUIF-kFE

(previous vocalist) Lolita23q: https://youtu.be/O9OVMokEDjE

Also, I know dir en grey is very heavy but Kyo does an excellent job in this unplugged song, just the lyrics themself are so beautiful

https://youtu.be/LyhQq9hNioo

Posted

I been listening to this style of music since I was 12 myself lol...
Started off with Kagrra,, Dir en Grey (which I saw live and they were the best band for me that day), Malice Mizer, etc

I still listen to a lot of bands now, such as:

The GazettE
Fear, and loathing in Las Vegas
Gackt
T.M.Revolution
One OK Rock
Girugamesh
An Cafe

I had others but I can't recall currently lol

Posted

I am a huge fan of MY FIRST STORY they are pretty new ish since 2011 alone is their newest single

Posted

Honestly I did dump Jrock a long time ago when most did. Mostly because my tastes changed to symphonic metal. But I saw an interview of Wagakki Band above on NHK and I'm so obsessed with their traditional instruments mixed with rock. :alpacalove:

Posted

Honestly I did dump Jrock a long time ago when most did. Mostly because my tastes changed to symphonic metal. But I saw an interview of Wagakki Band above on NHK and I'm so obsessed with their traditional instruments mixed with rock. :alpacalove:

omg this song!!! i totally forgot about it hahaha!!!

i first hated it and the more i listined to it it grew on me

is it really considered jrock though?

Posted

omg this song!!! i totally forgot about it hahaha!!!

i first hated it and the more i listined to it it grew on me

is it really considered jrock though?

I have no idea, honestly. NHK called them jrock and the band labels themselves "I don't know" lol I'd personally put it in "Japanese folk progressive rock" because it's not as hardcore as the Asian folk metal other bands do? :Alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

I have no idea, honestly. NHK called them jrock and the band labels themselves "I don't know" lol I'd personally put it in "Japanese folk progressive rock" because it's not as hardcore as the Asian folk metal other bands do? :Alpacaconfused:

I think it's still jrock, they don't label as often as other countries tend to. Some rock bands are put in the pop category too at times haha.

You might like these:

Kagrra, especially has that kind on tones very often.

Edited by YU DIE

Posted

I think it's still jrock, they don't label as often as other countries tend to. Some rock bands are put in the pop category too at times haha.

You might like these:

Kagrra, especially has that kind on tones very often.

I love Kagrra, 
they are the only reason why I first listened to Japanese music xD

They are amazing, I think I found out about them when I was looking up this song, I may have converted people =P