• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Noodlerella

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I follow a YouTuber who's account is called "Noodlerella". Her real name is Connie and she is one of the "kawaii" vloggers  in the UK and is friends with Abipop,  Kelsey Ellison,  and Beckii Cruel.  

She's actually pretty nice and doesn't put on this "I'm so kawaii!! 1!!1!" facade on. She seems to just be herself on camera. 

I dont know much about her other than all the promo she does with the other UK girls. Although sometimes it feels more like they are a clique than a group of regular friends but that could just be me.

She has over 500,000 subscribers on YouTube.

http://noodlerella.tumblr.com

https://mobile.twitter.com/noodlerella

https://www.instagram.com/noodlerella/

https://m.facebook.com/noodlerella

She has a link to her store envy but it is under construction. It says that it is to sell her signed merchandise but I have no idea what merchandise. 

CPqU9qCUsAAeIHM.jpg

download.jpg

d71ab5482556776d6d2fe2e144c2632c.jpg

Cp2TnWKWAAAngZ-.jpg

d71ab5482556776d6d2fe2e144c2632c.jpg

img-thing.jpg

Edited by CloudFairFF7
Had to reupload broken photos

Posted

Does she photoshop or have work done because in the second and third picture especially her face just doesn't look natural...:alpacawink:

Posted

That Honey Lemon cosplay is the cutest thing ever though.

Posted

i don't really see a problem with her, she's just another pretty girl who is into japanime culture.

Posted (edited)

i don't really see a problem with her, she's just another pretty girl who is into japanime culture.

Well it's the online personalities section so I didn't post her because I found her problematic.

Also to the other person I have no idea since it looks the same to me.  (whether it's photoshop that is)

Also this screenshot won't go away. 

Screenshot_20160817-154031.png

Edited by CloudFairFF7

Posted

I like her, I think she's cute and she's nice to her fans. And she's quite talented on doing impression. Her make-up tutorials are fun to watch too, but personally I didn't think I would try them. Out of UK kawaii vloggers, I only like her and Beckii, the rest of them are just 'meh' to me personally.

Posted

She kinda reminds me of Zoella, face wise e.e she looks cute and all ^^

Posted

ooh, i've seen her in real life! i was about to enter urban outfitters in oxford street when she walked past wearing a  bright pastel outfit and with her hair in buns. i thought she looked cute but her face looks rather mature/tired and her makeup was a bit caked on for daytime. i saw her again on my way out of the shop too. i tweeted about it, saying that i would've said hi but i felt too awkward like idk how do u approach a youtuber and she replied & was so nice! 👌🏼

Posted

She kinda reminds me of Zoella, face wise e.e she looks cute and all ^^

Aaaah I thought the same thing when I stumbled upon her channel! :D

ooh, i've seen her in real life! i was about to enter urban outfitters in oxford street when she walked past wearing a  bright pastel outfit and with her hair in buns. i thought she looked cute but her face looks rather mature/tired and her makeup was a bit caked on for daytime. i saw her again on my way out of the shop too. i tweeted about it, saying that i would've said hi but i felt too awkward like idk how do u approach a youtuber and she replied & was so nice! 👌🏼

You luckyyy....I want to meet her too in real life, seems like she would be fun to hang out with. :D

Posted

I've watched Noodlerella for quite a while now and I like her videos, they are fun and light-hearted and she seems real about certain things (not afraid to talk about periods and embarrassing circumstances). Her impression videos are really good as are her singing ones, I think it's cool that she likes what she likes but she's not diehard in-your-face about it at the same time.

As far as I'm aware she doesn't photoshop, her face is naturally that way. Whoever said she looks mature/tired, it's no secret that she has really dark circles (she's very "just be who you are and deal with what you got" sort of attitude which is cool because she showcases her flaws and doesn't seem too bothered about it which is great for impressionable young girls) and her camera's brightness/photography lights are really bright so on camera they drown out her imperfections, it doesn't surprise me that she looks tired in real life.

I considered her my favourite out of the kawaii girls (they've only just become that this year, they started doing this G4l4xy thing or something where they attend events wearing matching outfits) but yeah, I think it is like the Jvloggers where they are friends for business rather than friends for friends. Becki and Connie seem to do more together and have a more genuine relationship, whereas Abi and Kelsey have been friends for years, but overall it feels quite fake and Connie is always vlogging with other people, only the girls at events (and even then she disappears with other people during) and once last Winter in London I think when they all met up (I believe that was the start of their #squadgoals thing before showcasing it at Hyper Japan this year). I saw them about for the first time at Hyper Japan this year and tbh I got a totally different vibe from them irl than over their videos, like they seemed a bit stuck up (especially Connie) but I only saw them, didn't interact or meet with them, so I could be wrong on that as loads of people say they are really nice and she is actually quite shy.

Posted (edited)

I've watched Noodlerella for quite a while now and I like her videos, they are fun and light-hearted and she seems real about certain things (not afraid to talk about periods and embarrassing circumstances). Her impression videos are really good as are her singing ones, I think it's cool that she likes what she likes but she's not diehard in-your-face about it at the same time.

As far as I'm aware she doesn't photoshop, her face is naturally that way. Whoever said she looks mature/tired, it's no secret that she has really dark circles (she's very "just be who you are and deal with what you got" sort of attitude which is cool because she showcases her flaws and doesn't seem too bothered about it which is great for impressionable young girls) and her camera's brightness/photography lights are really bright so on camera they drown out her imperfections, it doesn't surprise me that she looks tired in real life.

I considered her my favourite out of the kawaii girls (they've only just become that this year, they started doing this G4l4xy thing or something where they attend events wearing matching outfits) but yeah, I think it is like the Jvloggers where they are friends for business rather than friends for friends. Becki and Connie seem to do more together and have a more genuine relationship, whereas Abi and Kelsey have been friends for years, but overall it feels quite fake and Connie is always vlogging with other people, only the girls at events (and even then she disappears with other people during) and once last Winter in London I think when they all met up (I believe that was the start of their #squadgoals thing before showcasing it at Hyper Japan this year). I saw them about for the first time at Hyper Japan this year and tbh I got a totally different vibe from them irl than over their videos, like they seemed a bit stuck up (especially Connie) but I only saw them, didn't interact or meet with them, so I could be wrong on that as loads of people say they are really nice and she is actually quite shy.

Pretty much all of this is what I feel. I have never seen them in person before but something about them being all in group like that doesn't feel right.  They way Connie acts with them vs with the other vloggers feels different somehow.  I do think that Connie is nice though she sounds like an older sister you can relate to.  I recently unfollowed all of them on IG though due to the #squadgoals kinda thing it just didn't seem natural but I could be wrong too. I know for a fact that Connie has the most followers so maybe she's trying to help her friends? 

Edited by CloudFairFF7

Posted (edited)

Pretty much all of this is what I feel. I have never seen them in person before but something about them being all in group like that doesn't feel right.  They way Connie acts with them vs with the other vloggers feels different somehow.  I do think that Connie is nice though she sounds like an older sister you can relate too.  I recently unfollowed all of them on IG though due to the #squadgoals kinda thing it just didn't seem natural but I could be wrong too. 

I don't know, I just didn't get the feeling that they were 'besties' I mean it's perfectly fine if they are just doing it for work and such, I guess that could well be the case. Abi doesn't really seem to appear much anymore as she has her boyfriend who is another YTer and Kelsey seems to pop up with Becki a bit more now even though he relationship with Connie seems more genuine but Connie is busy vlogging with a bunch of other people haha. For #squadgoals you would kind of consider them to be closer and such but it is fine if they are just doing it for events (they get sponsored or something, at Hyper Japan it was NHK they were doing meet and greets for), I guess we just assume them to all be closer and considering everyone is guessing whether or not the JVloggers are true friends or business partners, I guess it's only natural people are assuming the same for these guys too.

Edited by TheObserver

Posted

I've heard about Noodle being really awkward at cons to the point it might seem like she's a snob, but I guess I can relate to that since I'm awkward at cons too, and few people thought the same thing when they first met me. Then again, it's just a hear-say, so I'd take it like a grain of salt.

Pretty much all of this is what I feel. I have never seen them in person before but something about them being all in group like that doesn't feel right.  They way Connie acts with them vs with the other vloggers feels different somehow.  I do think that Connie is nice though she sounds like an older sister you can relate to.  I recently unfollowed all of them on IG though due to the #squadgoals kinda thing it just didn't seem natural but I could be wrong too. I know for a fact that Connie has the most followers so maybe she's trying to help her friends? 

I thought the same thing. Sometimes when I see them together, be it in pictures or vlogs, I get this feeling like they are 'using' each other for their own benefit, but it's not exactly a bad thing as long as no one gets hurt I guess. But it's just my opinion.

Posted

I quite like her videos. I think she seems very nice and down to earth (judging from her videos only). I do agree on how the #squadgoals seems like it is for YouTube only though, but that's a common thing to happen between online personalities. I think they're doing it as a fanservice as well. People LOVE seeing their idols interact with each other.

Posted

I quite like her videos. I think she seems very nice and down to earth (judging from her videos only). I do agree on how the #squadgoals seems like it is for YouTube only though, but that's a common thing to happen between online personalities. I think they're doing it as a fanservice as well. People LOVE seeing their idols interact with each other.

That's a good point, I guess it also means that they get group photos with their 'idols' and such (lol I can't really consider them idols but using the term for the sake of the point). Connie just seems a lot happier and relaxed around her other vlogger friends compared to the other girls except Becki because I feel that her and Connie have more 'professional' experience whereas Kelsey just has sponsored experience (Abi isn't really in the scene anymore both in Cosplay or YT compared to how she used to be and tbh only became properly known from being Kelsey's friend); Kelsey and Abi were lucky to be picked up as a pair to go to such events with Becki and Connie.

On another note I like how Connie seems to live an ordinary life and shares it, she doesn't just come across as being a YTer but that she went to university and such is really cool and I think it makes her seem even more down-to-earth because she didn't get famous quickly whilst young and believe she could just live off of YT but is actually living a life outside of it. I'm looking forward to what she ends up doing now that she has graduated, I know she is moving in with Evan? Who is a close YTer friend of hers (lucky that they get to move to London as it is pretty expensive) so I'm wondering if she'll get a job of some kind or something.