• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

What does your skincare routine consist of?

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1. facial cleansing - oatmeal

2. tone - SKII clear lotion

3. essence - SKII FTE

4. moisturize - SKII RNA cream

-------------------------------------------

1. facial cleansing - oatmeal

2. tone - hadalabo gokujyun lotion

3. moisturize - hadalabo shirojyun milk

switched to SKII recently, I can see that my skin looks better with SKII, really worth the price :) 

Edited by Claudia

Posted

I've tried so many things for my terrible skin and finally gave up and just went to the derm. I'm just using a Cetaphil cleanser / Cerave moisturizer, with benzoyl peroxide gel in the AM and tretinoin at night. Working all right so far, about two months down. I wanted to go on Accutane but my skin isn't severe enough, despite how much I hate it.

I've taken antibiotics but that's not really a long-term solution. Skin looked quite nice though. :alpacadone:

As for non-prescriptions, I enjoyed using Drunk Elephant products. 

Posted

For facial cleanser I use COSRX ph Morning cleanser 

COSRX-Low-pH-Good-Morning-Gel-Cleanser-1_1024x1024.jpg

for toner, COSRX pimple clear pad 

for lotion I use this avon eye and lip cream and Cetaphil for the rest of my face. 

I'm trying to experiment with asian skincare brands so at least I can prevent wrinkles. 

My acne is hormonal so no matter what I use it's in vain :darth:

Posted (edited)

cleanser, toner, essence, serums(acids incl), aloe gel/rose cream 
and got 4 sheet masks left (got a pack of 5 for free, mediheal ones, free because the company fkd up when i tried to pick my product up lol i love getting free stuff)

and trying out freaking mineral sunscreens.... so far no good results, i know a white cast is a given but i want a minimal white cast and a freaking sunscreen that does not make me look dry ... so far only found thick ones...... noooooo good for the face

Edited by KPOP

Posted

I do it very simple, I tried to do all the steps in Korean routine but I'm too lazy and I fail, this is mine: 

- Wash my face with a foam (its the best for my skin so far). 
- Use toner right after. 
- Use some essense. 
- Apply moisturizer. 

I exfoliate 2 or 3 times a week. I also use A LOT of mask (home made, sheet mask...) cause its fun imo and its the only thing that motivates me lol I also use some serum when I have money and can buy one. 

Posted (edited)

For my night time routine

1. COSRX - Good morning gel cleanser

2. Hadalabo - Ultimate Mosturizing Light Lotion (this is basically a toner)

3. Benton - Snail Bee High Content Essence

4. Innisfree - Green Tea Seed Serum

* exfoliate once a week using Skinfood - Black Sugar Wash Off Mask

I have a very oily skin, and live in a humid country so it's kinda complicated. When I wear too much products my skin will become too greasy in the morning than it already was and im affraid it will clog my pores and eventually my skin will breaks out. But when I use only toner after I wash my face I don't feel it's hydrating enough. lol.

And 10 steps korean skincare routine doesn't suit my skin eventho i like how my skin feels like after i did that. And i'm such a lazy ass person so..... yea.

Step 1, 2 & 3 mentioned above is actually enough for my skin to feel hydrated. But since I am on my 20s I added serum on my list.

PS: I try my best not to use any skincare with added fragrance and always check the ph level of the products, plus everthing I listed are budget friendly yet pretty much effective for me

Edited by rottenkorean

Posted

I've tried so many things for my terrible skin and finally gave up and just went to the derm. I'm just using a Cetaphil cleanser / Cerave moisturizer, with benzoyl peroxide gel in the AM and tretinoin at night. Working all right so far, about two months down. I wanted to go on Accutane but my skin isn't severe enough, despite how much I hate it.

I've taken antibiotics but that's not really a long-term solution. Skin looked quite nice though. :alpacadone:

As for non-prescriptions, I enjoyed using Drunk Elephant products. 

I know this sounds obvious, but have you tried changing your diet? I had severe acne during my teenage years, and only found out as an adult that most of it was caused by milk and processed foods. After removing/lowering my intake, my acne went down about 90% (even though the scars remain), and I only get it if I start eating bad foods again. With my boyfriend it was the same thing, except he went full vegan for around 2 years and after that his skin became completely clear, like he never had any acne, not even scars!

Another thing is that your skin might be dehydrated and the lack of moisture actually makes acne worse. So if you have dry patches or skin tightness, that might mean that your skin is dehydrated (even if you're oily most of the time). But it's great that you went to a dermatologist. Make sure he tests you for hormonal imbalances or polycistic ovaries too! I know how painful and frustrating this acne journey can be :( 

Posted

I know this sounds obvious, but have you tried changing your diet? I had severe acne during my teenage years, and only found out as an adult that most of it was caused by milk and processed foods. After removing/lowering my intake, my acne went down about 90% (even though the scars remain), and I only get it if I start eating bad foods again. With my boyfriend it was the same thing, except he went full vegan for around 2 years and after that his skin became completely clear, like he never had any acne, not even scars!

Another thing is that your skin might be dehydrated and the lack of moisture actually makes acne worse. So if you have dry patches or skin tightness, that might mean that your skin is dehydrated (even if you're oily most of the time). But it's great that you went to a dermatologist. Make sure he tests you for hormonal imbalances or polycistic ovaries too! I know how painful and frustrating this acne journey can be :( 

Yeah, unfortunately, I've tried going no-dairy and that didn't help (though I found out I love almond milk!) I don't each much in the way of processed foods, either, but my skin does improve slightly when I eat better, but is never clear no matter what.

I've had acne since I was like 12 and I'm 27 now! Awful.

Posted

In the past I really had problems with breakouts and I had to try so many products until I found the right ones for me.

My daily skincare routine is:

• Wash my face with the Bioré Baking Soda Cleanser
  • Use the Lush Eau Roma Water toner or the Lush Tea Tree Water toner
  • Apply the skin-refining fluid from Lavera
  • Apply some Aloe Vera gel (wich helped my skin so so much!)
  • Use the Lush enzymion moisturizer (in the morning) or the Jean&Len Chill-Out night cream (at night)

My skin got so much better with this routine and espacially with using Aloe Vera gel. It really became my holy grail.

Posted

With bad hormonal breakouts once a month and combo skin that tends to be dry underneath all that oil this is what I am currently trying. I will probably change the moisturiser as Mizon one might be a bit too heavy and use only one for AM and PM once the current 2 are finished. 

AM

1. facial cleansing: Kielh's Calendula deep cleansing foaming wash

2. tone: COSRX Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner/ if I have a hormonal breakout By Wishtrend, Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water first and then the other toner

3. essence: The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% and for my T Zone The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%  / if I have a hormonal breakout Dear, Klairs, Rich Moist Soothing Serum and for my T Zone Neostrata Oil Control Gel if it gets really bad so the makeup is not running >_>

4. moisturize: eyes - Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream,  face - The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%/ if I have a hormonal breakout By Wishtrend, TECA 1% Barrier Cream

5. SPF: Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++

-------------------------------------------

PM

1. make up removal: Muslin cloth + Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian and Morinaga

2. cleansing: Kielh's Calendula deep cleansing foaming wash if my skin is behaving / if I have a hormonal breakout Lush Coalface soap

3. tone: COSRX Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner / if I have a hormonal breakout By Wishtrend, Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water first and then the other toner

4. essence: Dear, Klairs, Rich Moist Soothing Serum

5. moisturize: eyes - Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, face - Mizon Collagen Power Firming Enriched Cream  / if I have a hormonal breakout By Wishtrend, TECA 1% Barrier Cream

I physically exfolidate 2-3 times a week depending on how my skin is doing with either the Skinfood Black Sugar Essential Scrub 2X or my Clarisonic with the Kielh's Calendula deep cleansing foaming wash, for chemical exfoliation I use the Pixi Glow Tonic when needed.

For pimple spot treatment I use the The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution.

This will need stream lining in the near future, this is too much stuff.

Posted

My skincare routine is simple and practical. I use only whatever I need.

During the day, I wash my face and use Vaseline.

My nighttime routine takes a longer time to finish. It is at night that I exfoliate my face. I don't exfoliate daily, though. I exfoliate every four days.

I also moisturize at night using Nivea.

On days when I have acne, I use plain bath soap. I rub it again and again over my pimples. It dries my pimples out and makes my pimples heal faster than usual.

Afterward, when my acne has healed, I apply All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream on my acne scars. Daily application for two weeks removes the scars.

When both acne and scars are gone, I return to my usual skincare routine that consists mainly of Vaseline.

It's a simple routine that maintains my skin, although it has been difficult making my way here. It took a lot of disastrous trial-and-error. 

Posted (edited)

cleansing - with baby washcloth
1st cleanser: sunday riley blue moon tranquility cleansing balm
2nd cleanser: skinfood black sugar foaming cleanser

acid day (night)
toner: the ordinary glycolic toning solution
bha: cosrx pimple pads
retinoid: ausceuticals sleeping oil // luna riley sleeping oil
aha: sunday riley good genes

non-acid day (night)
toner: the ordinary glycolic toning solution
serum: silk naturals mamas helper
oil: sunday riley flora oil //  herbivore phoenix oil
night pack: glow recipe watermelon glow sleeping mask

masks
acid mask: the ordinary aha + bha peel (night)
other mask: MUA's pumpkin glycolic mask
clay mask: youth to the people age prevention superfood mask (night)
moist mask: farmacy honey potion mask (morning)

I don't really has a set thing for daytime and I don't do eyecream bc I ALWAYS develop milia.

hbksa.gif

Edited by sainte
Formatting

Posted

Recently bought a "LUNA mini 2" . It's meant to clear your pores well. I have occasional break outs.

I wash my face in the morning with some lukewarm water and then pat it dry.

Then I apply "Natural Extract" 96% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. (Bought it off ebay.)

At night, I wash my face with Clearasil and then pat it dry...

I put on the "Panda's Dream White Sleeping Pack" (Bought it off ebay too.)

Um... It's all very simple. But then again, my skin isn't very good at the moment.. I'm reading y'all's stuff and just shaking my head... WOW O-O

Posted

My skincare routine is so short compared to y'all like where do you guys find time to put on all that stuff??? You guys must be glowing though like mad props to you guys and your efforts ;w;

Anyway here's mine:

Morning- Dove soap/ cetaphil face cleanser

Olay all Day moisturiser with SPF 15 ( I have to reapply each 2 hours tho, so I might switch to something with more protection)

Night-   Ponds Cold Cream ( it's an old one but goddamn it makes my skin look almost ethreal)

Random bouts of acne due to hormones- If it's mild I'll dab a mixture of coconut and tea tree oil on the affected areas and it's bye bye pimples

If it's moderate to severe then I use the advantage acne control face wash by Clean and Clear and the                                                                        dual action moisturiser.

coconut and tree oil is the effetivest

Posted (edited)

Hi :D

I use glossiers milky jelly cleanser, then the glossier priming moisturizer, super bounce serum, balm dot com on my lips, and if it’s morning I’ll use Cliniques city block sunscreen because spf is VERY important for your skin! Even when it’s not summer!!

edit: I forgot to add what I do for acne!

i use biore strips on my t-zone and acne stress control and other neutrogena products you can get at target because they definitely work. Oh and, I recommend differin gel (is that how you spell it? Ahah) it takes a few weeks for it to really work but if you put it on once a day you are gonna get a clear face

Edited by Taki_88