• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

What does your skincare routine consist of?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm still new to all this skincare stuff so my regime is pretty basic.

I wash my face in the morning with water and apply day cream (brandless, but does its job) after. Then make-up and all that stuff.

In the evening I wash my face with water again and apply this night cream from Van der Hoog (dunno the exact name). I'm still looking for a cleanser.

I also exfoliate with Freeman's sugar charcoal scrub weekly

Posted

1. hada labo's cleansing oil followed by clinique's acne solution's foaming wash. i only use the foam in the AM.  the cleansing oil isn't anything special, but it dissolves makeup and emulsifies perfectly and is cheap, so a solid buy. the cleansing foam is fine too, but for the price i won't be buying again. when i run out ill use cosrx's low ph cleanser.

2. PM, I'll use differin gel. i'm on my 8th week and so far i havent gotten any chemical burns or anything but i don't know if anything is getting any better. I have one tube left and then ill see if anything has improved. AM if my skin feels a bit congested ill use cosrx's 4% bha.

3. Cerave's moisturizing lotion. Guys. this is actually amazing. it doesn't have any fancy actives or exfoiliants, but it has hyaluronic acids and ceramides and is an amazing, solid dependable water-based moisturizer that you can layer depending on how much moisture you need.

my routine is pretty much bared bones right now because im testing differin gel, which by the way guys! if you're struggling with acne this might be worth a shot. the main ingredient is 0.1% adapalene, which used to be only avaliable through a doctor's prescription but just this year it was approved for over the counter. you can but this on amazon, target, Walmart and pretty much any place that sells drugstore skincare, but PLEASE if you do MAKE SURE YOU USE IT CORRECTLY! differin is very potent and if you use it incorrectly, best case scenario it's ineffective and worst case you get a chemical burn.

If anyone is curious and wants me to elaborate on how to use it I'd be happy to!

Posted

My skin is extremely sensitive and dry so I usually stick to natural ingredients (most store-bought products break me out). My skincare is almost 100% diy ;o; 

Cleanser: African Black Soap (or some honey & coconut oil) 

Toner: Green tea (brewed with Distilled water) & some Rosehip Oil 

Moisturizer: A mixture of Shea Butter, Rosehip Oil, Argan Oil and Hyaluronic acid.

Exfoliate using a rice, brown sugar, green tea and honey paste 2x a week 

Honey & olive oil Face mask once a week.

Sunscreen: I tried the Vichy Ideal Soleil sunscreen and I really like it, but haven't bought the full-size yet.

Posted

I'm into the Korean 10 Step™. It's only been three weeks and my skin is already so much clearer and calmer!

Under a spoiler since it's looong

Oil Cleanser: Klairs Black Deep Cleansing Oil 
Foam Cleanser: Neogen Real Fresh Foam Cleanser in Cranberry
Exfoliant: Either the Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off or the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme Pads (as needed)
Toner: Son & Park Beauty Water. Literally my fav toner, I would bathe in it if I could and I'm never going to switch to anything else lol. It also works well to freshen skin, either as a mist or with a little cotton pad to do a mini cleansing in the middle of the day to remove dirt and particles
Essence: ENATURE Birch Juice Hydro Essence Skin.
Ampoules/Serums: SCINIC Honey All In One Ampoule and MIZON Original Skin Energy Hyaluronic Acid 76 Premium Hydrating Serum. I'd like to try some of COSRX's ampoules soon!
Eye Cream: Elizavecca Gold CF-Nest White Bomb Eye Cream
Moisturizer: I haven't found a good moisturizer for me yet. I just use whatever samples I have on hand. Out of these, the Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream I'm probably most likely to purchase. 
Sunscreen: Missha All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF50+/PA+++

Surprisingly this doesn't take that long, maybe like 10-15 mins? I'll probably be switching to some Hada Labo cleansers and replace some of the pricier items with COSRX products since that would be more cost friendly:alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Has anyone ever used Guerisson 9 Complex Skin, Lotion, and Essence?

I've only ever tried their Complex Cream product (which I loooved!) and wanted to know if their other products (the ones listed above) are as great as the Complex Cream one? Thoughts? :)

Posted

I tried to get into a korean skincare routine but I think I went overboard because my routine has a lot of steps but it seems to work so whatever.
Night routine:
1. If i'm wearing makeup I use Clinque "take the day off' 

2. Black sugar foaming cleanser

3. clinque milk cleanser

3.b Twice a week I exfoliate. I have 3 different exfoliants i use (One came in a beauty box, Dr. Benton i think it's called? I like it, one is a black sugar scrub, and the last is Dermatologica but they're expensive so i use it when I've forgotten to do it for awhile since it's my more 'heavy duty' one)

4. Tonymoly rice toner (I put some in a little spray bottle and spray myself with it, pat it, and do it 3 times. I dunno I saw a girl on youtube do it that many times when I was researching it and i like it)
5. Mizon snail repair ampoule (I don't think it really did anything for me though. Just got through all of it recently and don't think i'll rebuy)

6. Sometimes I'll use this tonymoly essence I bought on a whim (got most of this stuff at ulta lol) but it's more so when I am doing my skincare routine as a therapy session because the smell (either the green tea one or cherry blossom one) is calming to me
7. Sheet mask (I like trying different ones) and i'll usually sit with it on for an hour or until it dries up because I just kinda forget i'm wearing it unless my husband walks in on me lol

8. Mizon snail repair cream (This one I like. Makes my skin super soft)

9. Clinique moisture surge intense moisturizer for the face

10. Same as above but it's the one for just eyes (All about eyes?)

11. Etude house moistfull collagen sleep pack (Another i've just been using to use up and don't really like. I like it more for a hand cream lol)

I want to replace the clinique items because I don't like that they test on animals but I don't really know good alternatives that give you a decent amount of product.

For daytime I do my double cleanser, toner, moisturizers, and sunscreen (i use sunbum currently but might switch to a different one. I like it though it smells like bananas). 

Man this made me want to go take a bath and wash my face lol.

Posted (edited)

You all do much better than me...

All I do is wash my face every morning with water and a nice pat down with a towel...

It's a wonder how my skin stays as nice as it does.

Tbh, I did that too. My skin was flawless back then. Then I started to cleanse it, use creams, masks. Now it started to break out. I guess over treating it doesn't work out for everyone.

(Whoops didn't notice that I replied to such an old post, haha I'm sorry)

Edited by foxy grandpa

Posted (edited)

Skin type: Dry/Sensitive. I'm 21 years old.

Morning (if I am going out in the sun, add Biore Sarasara Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+) :

1. Olay Regenerist Luminous Cream Cleanser (this stuff is a holy grail cleanser for me and I saw results with just this cleanser alone before I made a fuller routine).
  2. And undereye roller with cucumber in it, some generic brand. I hope to replace this with a better product soon.
  3. A mixture of Uruuru Aloe Liquid Moisture and Daiso Sake Rice Toner and 3W Clinic Collagen (I rub this on my face, neck, and décolleté). I put the mix into a cute spray bottle from Daiso Japan.
  4. Mizon Snail Recovery Gel, this definitely fixed the dryness on my nose. I dot it on my face and then rub it all in.
  5. Rosehip Seed Oil, I use it under my eyes (I have genetic dark circles/thin skin there. I'm very pale.) and on the sides of my nose as well as where "laugh lines" occur.

Night:

1. A goat milk face cream I got from eBay.
  2. Occasionally I use Etude House Bubble Sleeping Pack (Strawberry) for an overnight hydration boost.

Other:

1. I enjoy Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Mud Mask, my skin is always very soft after and feels glowing.
  2. I recently tried Skin Food's Egg White Pore Mask and LOVE it!
  3. About 2x a week I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Grapefruit Acne Cleanser (2% salicyclic acid) on my nose (and forehead when monthly hormonal acne is coming up) to minimize sebaceous filaments, or "nose blackheads". It helps clean the pores and soften the filaments so they can be removed easier.
  4. If I have makeup on, I use an aloe wet wipe from Daiso, and then my cleanser.
  5. Ambi Fade Cream is AMAZING for hyperpigmentation. I used to have a lot in certain areas on my body from teenage body acne and this has faded nearly all of it with consistent use.
Edited by bunnycake

Posted

Tbh, I did that too. My skin was flawless back then. Then I started to cleanse it, use creams, masks. Now it started to break out. I guess over treating it doesn't work out for everyone.

(Whoops didn't notice that I replied to such an old post, haha I'm sorry)

Sometimes less is more.
By the way, does anyone here has any recommendation for eye cream? I tried the mizon snail repair cream but small small lumps appeared where i applied it and i've look it up it's apparently too thick for me so I would like to try a new one 
:alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

Sometimes less is more.By the way, does anyone here has any recommendation for eye cream? I tried the mizon snail repair cream but small small lumps appeared where i applied it and i've look it up it's apparently too thick for me so I would like to try a new one :alpacaconfused:

I have the same issue with too thick undereye products, I recently got a milia that I need to remove. Urgh.
I'm going to try out
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Eye Cream soon for some fine lines and these dark marks I have on the outer corners of my eyes from squinting a lot as a kid (I needed glasses for a long time and didn't know. They're not really typical or multiple "squint lines", it almost just looks like a streak of light brown eyeliner on the corners of my eyes! Lol.). I can leave an update after I try it out for a few weeks.

Edited by bunnycake
more info

Posted

I have the same issue with too thick undereye products, I recently got a milia that I need to remove. Urgh.I'm going to try out Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Eye Cream soon for some fine lines and these dark marks I have on the outer corners of my eyes from squinting a lot as a kid (I needed glasses for a long time and didn't know. They're not really typical or multiple "squint lines", it almost just looks like a streak of light brown eyeliner on the corners of my eyes! Lol.). I can leave an update after I try it out for a few weeks.

Oh yes that would be awesome if you don't mind doing it ! :alpacacrush:

Posted

i dont have breakouts a lot, my only issue is super dry skin so i dont do a lot.... i usually just wash my face with water in the morning and evening, put on a toner, and then moisturise. i always use these treacle moon body lotions for that cuz theyre cheap if you use them for small areas only and i like collecting small things so :alpacacrush: if i wore makeup before or my skin feels rly dirty i use a face wash, recently ive been using one that has a toner built in which is nice. also ive started using the hylamide glow serum which is cool, its like some self-tanning sort of deal but without actual self-tanner in it. it makes the skin look nice and sunkissed which is super good because my face always looked a bit ghostly :alpacaheadshake: also i use vaseline just on my dry spots or all over my face sometimes. it looks super dewy of course but thats fine by me.

in the evening i do the same thing minus the toner :alpacaheadshake: