• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

What does your skincare routine consist of?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

your skin imo will be very vey oilyoily and tough after jaw reduction its gonna be oily and sensitive. When you recover ffor 2 monthhs max 4 weeks no products to cleans cause you don't want to hit the scar with no products. Even the meds so the gonna feel DIRTY after surgery. You can clean with water but even then after 4 weeks max you onna wanna keep our skin regime due to your skins onna be tight but it got tough so after letting wound heal you legit gotta do that to soften an get that buid up off. After surgery my skin hasn't been the same. Yes surgeon recommend I see a dermatologist just becauseyour skin conditions will change professional help to determine your skins condition is best and I notice ater surgery my jaw was poofy to then thought and my upper part of m fce was like soft so I needed lactic acid peels after I fully recovered to like return the lower part of my face to the softness of m upper half. Buy not everyone's case will be like mine. If you want surgery literally skin are is important after. It'll fluctuate a lot don't do diy things follow instructions from surgeons and dermatologist. 

And for what you use as primer you're fine just as long as your skin bode well with it tbh you're good. ;)  your on the right track. 

Not the same thing but i might get jaw surgery for my overjet so i wanted to ask something. My skincare is literally washing my face when i remember, like twice a week. How do you soften the skin since i don't have a regime? I'm a noob, i know nothing about skin care, but i wanna keep some things in mind if i do need the surgery as far as skin recovery. 

Posted

Not the same thing but i might get jaw surgery for my overjet so i wanted to ask something. My skincare is literally washing my face when i remember, like twice a week. How do you soften the skin since i don't have a regime? I'm a noob, i know nothing about skin care, but i wanna keep some things in mind if i do need the surgery as far as skin recovery. 

depends how it reacts after mine unfortunately toughened up soi had skin peels like lactic acid and clay masks but you have to wait at least a month or 2 to really do this after you see a doctor or dermatologist. But keep away from biore it contains parabens, fragrance , sulfates (drying and cheap way to over dry your skin), alcohol bases which its straight rubbing alcohol for face. So mind me why I'm saying go to professional cause so many people who had face reforming use off shelf product and developed allergies to these cheap ingredients (synthetic) cause after surgery you skins gonna be veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyy weak and sensitive. It'll come in handy in the long run to follow up with professional care. And use a green product that does not contain similar ingredients to biore, or clear and clean or proactive. Those will scare you especially after surgery

Posted

My skincare consists of exfoliating with oatmeal/honey, My Beauty Diary masks and laziness.

Posted

This thread is glorious. I haven't been able to find what works for me yet. Whatever I am using at the moment is not working at all as I have major hormonal acne. Like it hasn't been this bad since high school, which is kinda saddening. 

I wish I could figure out whats for me but its just so expensive to try! 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sasaking Chen
I give up

Posted (edited)

You all do much better than me...

All I do is wash my face every morning with water and a nice pat down with a towel...

It's a wonder how my skin stays as nice as it does.

I guess how good your skin is depends on genetics as well as on outer circumstances (skin care routine eg)

I didn't do anything for my skin when I was a teenager and still had beautiful skin. So yeah

My skin care routine:

Every morning and evening I wash my face (With clean hands)

Here and there I use a simple fat cream from the pharmacy (they mix it for you). It's cheap and the cream doesn't contain any fragrance, PEG, paraffins, all that stuff that could trigger allergic reactions (and your skin doesn't need any of that stuff anyway tbh).

I mix my foundation with sunscreen whenever it's sunny (sometimes the sun radiation is worse in winter than in summer where I live). It's Eco Cosmetics SPF 50. That sunscreen is again without fragrance, aliminium salts-free, organic, alcohol-free, etc... you get the gist. 

Whenever my skin feels a bit, well, agitated or warm in summer I use thermal water (contains numerous vitamins). To be honest I think thermal water is kind of a holy grail for someone who has sensitive skin like me, because it basically fixes every problem, LOL

I used to exfoliate my skin with a mix of green tea extract and pure dead sea salt but I don't do that anymore cuz it irritates the skin on my face as it's become very sensitive the last years.

Also my make-up is organic as well but you can buy these products only in my country. Oh and the best make-up remover I found is from La Roche Posay it's called Toleriane.

As you can tell I have reduced it to the basics, just because I realized over the years how much toxic stuff most of the products contain and like my dermatologist said, these additions often found in skin care products only irritate your skin, they have no benefits, really. And although I have very fair and sensitive skin, since I stick to these products 99% of the problems I used to have are gone now. Even the small pimples I used to have once in a while haven't come back since I began with my new skin care routine and new products. 

Edited by ThePumpkinPot

Posted

Hm, my routine is pretty simple actually. Since my skin is not oily but not dry either and its not very problematic, i don't push too much. I only use natural stuff tho. I live in Turkey so its pretty simple to find natural homemade things in islands near Istanbul ^^ (sorry for TMI hehe)

Anyways, for washing my face when i wake up or smth I use handmade rose and olive oil soaps, my grandmother makes them.

For cleansing, i use Ziaja olive leaf cleansing oil.

Ocassionaly, i use the Body Shop's Chiense ginseng and rice mask and skin food's fresh apple sparkling serum :lamaheadshake: 

Posted

Well, it might sound like a lot, but It's really not. This in total takes me about 5-10 minutes. 

Every night after a shower I usually use a coral sponge (they're very rough and good for exfoliating) and some regular face wash and scrub my face until I feel my skin is free of rough skin. Then I use a spin brush with a cream cleanser. When I'm done I spritz some toner on and slab on some moisturizer. In the morning I just use cream cleanser and my hands- If I put on makeup I moisturize. Once I week I do skin peels and face masks- usually on the weekends.

Posted (edited)

I have a rotation of various products: I tend to not splurge on expensive stuff, so I buy the rather basic Neutrogena and Clean & Clear products, but lately, the combination I've bought has been working swimmingly for me. Usually use at least one scrub, and one cleanser per evening wash, but only use either/or in the morning. I'm always forgetful as f to apply moisturizer, so that's a thing I sometimes do. Part of my skin being clearer can really be attributed to a pill I'm taking though, dermatologists and their prescriptions can be life saving, but other than that my skin has improved overtime with a more focused regimen, even if it involved rotation, less days where I apply makeup, and avoiding my formerly obsessive compulsive obsession with washing every time my face felt gross and oily.

my skin was extremely, extremely patchy in my early teens, I used to get extremely nasty cystic acne on top of bad black/whiteheads, but I think my hormones have stabilized a lot overtime. Given I still have more than I'd prefer (always wanted pristine skin, still wouldn't mind it) but it's significantly improved and I'll take that over none whatsoever

Edited by freesomebody

Posted

i have a short routine and i plan to add more but so far this has worked. i have always had "soft" skin with not many pimples only on the "t xone" because of my period but i have started a skin care routine that has dramatically decreased it. i no longer get big pimples. they are just small bumps now. 

i do the same day and night:

- wash my face with clean and clear morning burst (the orange one) (lol even at night)

- i use botanics cleansing toner all bright with a cotton and wipe it all over my face and neck

- for moisture i use a cream from Mexico that is infused with shells and placenta (lol). its called "crema solida plus de placenta y concha nacar"

- then in the morning i put on biore sarasara 50+ sunscreen and reapply all day.

i guess i can add that i don't use makeup. only sometimes i use mascara and curl my lashes.

so im just going to add that the placenta thing really works. i have pityriasis and most of it went away. i got it from my family in mexico and they send it to me but its only in mexico which sucks. i think you can buy similar products online though. it really works my skin is cleared up and it looks rally healthy

Posted

my routine isn't very extensive as i don't use makeup. my skin starts off dry and gets oilier throughout the day (i think it's combination), my pimples are mainly on my forehead and a few are scattered around my chin/jaw area because of my period but they aren't big pimples usually.

night

• neutrogena extra gentle cleanser- almost daily?? it just depends lol ( ̄ v  ̄) apparently it works well with a clarisonic but i don't have one
  • garnier pure active daily pore scrub wash- every 2-3 days, it's supposed to be used daily but i think that'll dry my skin out??
  • the skin house vital bright toner- i just put this on my hands and pat it into my face and neck
  • sukin facial moisturiser- it works? and it's got a bunch of good oils like rose hip and avocado so thats good right...
  • tony moly im real sheet mask- every week

morning

• wash face with just water (sometimes neutrogena extra gentle cleanser but i'm always in a rush)
  • the skin house vital bright toner
  • sukin facial moisturiser
  • and if i'm going outside i use moisturiser with spf- biore nourish moisture lotion with spf 15

my forehead has cleared up a lot recently but i don't know why exactly...

Posted

Hi! New girl here:)

I'm obsessed with skincare, I have combination skin so for me personally it's still a hit and miss kind of thing with the skin care routine. I'm always on the hunt for something better. I HAVE noticed that the more expensive skin care items tend to work better on my skin, compared to the drugstore stuff. But! I can recommend the Soap and Glory "Scrub Your Face In It" scrub and their Vitamin C facial wash - very good for blackheads and spotty skin. Oh, and I use the Lush tea tree water as a toner. Not the cheapest stuff I've used, but not the most expensive either, and works pretty well. Another toner I've tried that's VERY nice is the Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris, but it's expensive:( I'm still on the hunt for a good moisturiser because every one I've tried is too greasy to wear during the day. The only one that I've tried that's very good is the Clarins Multi-Active cream - it is SO lovely and SO expensive:( The struggle is real!

Posted

Just a week ago I added AHA serum to my Korean skin care routine and it made all the difference. That AHA is a holy grail for me. I always struggled with pimples and very flaky, bumpy skin and while double cleansing did help, the flakiness came back quickly and I didn't like all the friction on my face while rubbing the oil in. AHA every morning and night dramatically helped brighten my skin and made it and kept it smooth and bump-less because it easily rid all that old skin. My skin is no longer flaky and because of that, it's much harder for pimples to form. :) It's much less harsh on my skin because it's a chemical exfoliate, I just need to glide it on my skin and neck and let it dry. No rubbing and scrubbing.

Posted

Currently nothing wonderful, but I'm trying some new things!

1 - Seacret oil face wash (so good at dissolving makeup - by far my only splurge!)
2 - Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash
3 - homemade rosewater and rosemary toner
4 - A face mask (usually a peel-off by Freeman)
5 - Nivea night time moisturizer (nice and thick, but not too thick!)

I know my cheap array of products will horrify all of you ^^;

Posted

I'm 20, my face is oily and forever acne prone. From my traveling experience, I found out there's one thing that makes my full-face acne disappear... it's cold and dry weather. But I live in a hot & humid country and I can't move to another country just to avoid acne, right? So I've tried sulfur, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide. From cheap to expensive, from Asian to Western products, none of those worked for me. Heck I don't even use face makeup even though I have mild-moderate acne.

Two months ago I used this niacinamide serum. It changed my life. The result is quite slow, like 3 weeks. From that on I only have 4-5 new pimples a week and my other million pimples are currently healing!

Anyway, I try to keep my routine minimal and simple since a lot of products are giving me acne. And it's tiring to find out which one is the culprit.

My morning & night routine is the same:

• Hada Labo Foaming Wash (not gel/cream cleanser, it's the gentle pump-foam type)
  • Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (I swear it's not a "lotion". It's a liquid, non-sticky, perfect moisturizer for oily skin, very light yet powerful stuff)
  • Glossier Super Pure Serum (Niacinamide + Zinc serum, works like a topical product)

extra:

• La-Roche Posay Serozinc (A zinc face mist, honestly it doesn't do anything if used alone)
  • Sunscreens... I'm still on the hunt for that since my favorite Innisfree No Sebum Sun Milk is discontinued.
  • At night I use any travel sized/free samples makeup remover for my eyes since that's the only makeup I do.

All products I use are no-frill stuffs. You might want to stay away from alcohol and fragranced stuffs if your skin is sensitive / acne prone!! And just because it's ~natural~, doesn't mean it's good for your skin.

Also change your pillow sheets, don't touch your face, get your hair away from your face. Seriously.