• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

What does your skincare routine consist of?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I can finally post in this thread :alpacacrush:

My skin care routine consists in:

Mornings:

1) I wash my face with Clinique bar soap or The Face Shop Rice foam cleanser, first I use warm water, then cold.

2) I use my Biologique recherches toner (this toner changed my life :alpacalove: ) 

3) Since the toner makes my skin red, I wait until my face is not red, then I use an emulsion from Avene.

4) Last step is my sunscreen from Kiehls

Nights:

1) I wash my face like in the mornings

2) I use a Bulgarian rose toner, then I use Biologique.

3) I use the emulsion 

( >)On sundays I always use a mask from Sephora, Skin79 or ISDIN, I skip the Biologique toner and only use the Bulgarian rose one)

4) Last step is always a hydratating cream, I like the avocado cream from The Face shop, my skin is mixed but has dry patches on cheeks, chin and sometimes forehead, so it's a good cream for those days.

Sometimes I use Bio Oil, maybe 2 times a week, and Aloe Vera gel from Nature Republic. For lips I use Maybelline baby lips, Carmex balms and Rituals Eve's Kiss. For hands I use Rituals creams and some others, for nails the Huile Abricot set from Dior.

I'm thinking about buying a sleeping pack, buy again the appletox (green and red) and honey eye cream from the face shop or nature republic, I don't remember the brand

When I'm on my period I usually have pimples so I try to use tea tree products, they're good~ 

Posted

I'm VERY allergic to fragrances and even have terrible reactions to a lot of products that are marked as "fragrance-free, for sensitive skin".

I have not found a single eye-makeup remover that doesn't leave my skin peeling as if I had been badly sunburnt, and anything with a hint of fragrance will cause my eyes to swell and my skin to break out.

Basically I use "Simple" face wash more days than not (I can be a little lazy), and an exfoliating face wash when I washed my hair (I couldn't find "Simple" last time, but someone gave me a tube of another brand that hasn't caused me any problems, but I forget what it's called).

I was using "BioOil" if I had dry skin (typically around my eyes), then just worked what was left on my fingers around the rest of my face and on the drier patches of my forehead.  Although, be warned...wear a headband and tie back your hair while it's sinking into your skin and/or you pat the excess off...otherwise that stuff will get in your hair and make it look like you haven't washed it in a month.

A few months ago I was put on a medication for my chronic headaches/migraines called "Topomax", and it caused what I can best describe as "face dandruff".  It's effective, so I guess it's a small price to pay...but I brought this side-effect up with the pharmacist.  She recommended I try "QV cream for dry skin" (which is supposed to also be good for the psoriasis I get on the soles of my feet...*fingers crossed*).

I've found that although not quote as effective as traditional eye makeup remover, that it works quite effectively without any irritation, and has left my skin feeling soft, but not oily.  I definitely recommend it for lazy people who just want to remove their makeup and not worry about doing any other steps...or for anyone who also has skin sensitivities and is looking for a moisturizer.  It comes in a runnier and thicker version too.

Oh, and I use good ol' "Lucus Papaw Ointment" instead of lip-gloss.  That stuff is amazing, and also handy to have in your handbag for small abrasions.  I think other companies are making their own versions now as well.

Anyhow, I'm pretty lazy, and don't have a set "routine"...but hopefully some of this will help someone out there.

Posted

For me skincare routine is quite essential to avoid acnes and other skin problems, as I have sensitive skin. I wash my skin often using a mild face wash and wipe off with a clean wash cloth. It is quite important to get rid of any impurities such as dirt particles in morning and before going to sleep so that your skin can breathe properly at night as well. My skincare routine is simple. I like to be natural and using organic products helps me a lot.
1. Firstly I apply mild cleanser at least twice a day but I make sure that it rinses away easily, and does not cause skin irritation and do not wash away natural oils too. There are variety of cleansers in market as well as available at online stores, I follow these useful site to buy my products.

2. Toning The Skin
Toners not only cleanse the skin further and help in removing any remnants of particles that you may have left behind but also cools, nourishes, hydrates and freshens up your skin. It tightens up skin and close up any skin pores that may have opened up while deep cleansing the face. Toners must be alcohol-free as alcohol dries off skin.

3. Exfoliating The Skin
Exfoliants remove dead cells from the skin, rejuvenate the skin and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles from the face. The younger skin that surfaces after exfoliation naturally looks more beautiful and glowing. These products usually have alpha or beta hydroxy acids to quicken up the process but do avoid the ones that are granular as they tend to damage the new skin too that is much more sensitive than the mature layer that it digests.

4. Moisturizing The Skin
Like body, our skin also needs hydration and proper nutrients to keep it healthy. So, I treat it with a good moisturizer and a broad-spectrum sunscreen with more than SPF 15 daily and night cream daily that helps the skin to balance and restores any damage that might have occurred to it overnight.

Posted

I've started to leans towards natural skincare products and avoid harsh chemicals, although not everything I use is entirely natural. I have really dry, acne prone skin and most cleansers are too drying for me.

"Herbalism" from Lush is one of the few cleansers that keeps my breakouts away. If I'm wearing makeup I use Ponds cold cream and wipe it off with a tissue before I use Herbalism.

The only toner I ever use is witch hazel.

My AM moisturizer is Clinique "Dramatically Different" moisturizer and my PM moisturizer is sesame seed oil.

Sometimes I rub ice cubes on my face after I put oil on lol. It tightens my pores and I just like the way my skin feels afterwards. And sometimes I do a mask with equal parts honey, turmeric and lemon juice. My skin hasn't looked this good in a long time, but this is really the first time that I've been this invested in skincare. 

Posted

Eeh, for me is a combination of Body Shop Products from the Tea Tree line and the Vitamin E Line. They are fantastic.

Posted (edited)

Here's my updated skincare routine as of late. 

Daily:

• Makeup remover: Cheap drug store brand (really need a better one, this one sucks ;~;) Night
  • Foam wash: Secret Key Snail Repairing Day/Night
  • Toner: Etude House Wonder Pore Day/Night
  • Essence: COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Day/Night
  • ~I do not use an ampoule at the moment, the one I tried broke out my face~
  • Chemical Exfoliant: Mizon AHA 8% Night
  • Eye cream: Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Day/Night
  • Emulsion: Etude House Age Defense (this smells so good y'all) Day/Night
  • Sunblock face: NEXTBEAU Collagen SPF 50 Day
  • Sunblock body: Banana Boat SPF 110 Day

Weekly:

• Peels masks: 3W Clinic Premium Placenta, Vedette; honey, white tea, cucumber
  • Essence Masks: Dermal; Red Ginseng, Seaweed, Royal Jelly, Pearl, Aloe
  • Other Masks: Vedette Food Skin; Strawberry Yoghurt, Orange Yoghurt, Vedette Clay Mask
  • Eye masks: Etude House collagen eye masks
  • Physical exfoliant: brown sugar scrub

And I'm probably missing some! :lamaheadshake:

Edited by Siwon

Posted

• Missha's citron foam cleanser 
  • St Ive's Apricot face exfoliator w/ exfoliating glove (twice a week)
  • Boot's own brand facial toner (it has no perfumes and works super well :))
  • Simple's hydrating light moisturiser 

I've never had bad skin before(trying not to jinx myself) and the routine I've been using for the past few years hasn't failed me yet. 

Posted

Ever since I had my jaw reduction surgery skin care is a must. I do want to point out the things I use is professional use sine well.. Beauty is my career but enough of that! Lol 

I normally get a microdermabrasion as well as a gel mask obagi line. Or dermalogica. . Be careful darling what enters your pores. Use ORGANIC. Look for ingredients with sulfates that dries your skin. Lanoline is a cheap oil base that people mainly have allergies to. Propylene glycol is a synthetic base (a cheap glycerin) that allows oils and acidic ingredients to mix without eating or neutralizing eac other buyt that is used in ting like motor oil. Look for things that have glycerin since that better than propyline glycol and things that don't have sulfates of tat nature or perfumes. Parfums, parabins (cancer causing), dyes and such.

I do on the other hand do use bio elements as well skin I do lactic acid peels and clay masks of their line.

But when Im not in the mood to keep on regime. I have an exfoliator glove and use a kojic acid soap to scrub scrub my makeup off or dirty face. Then rinse warm to open pores. Then I do a parafin mask but I apply honey honey not from food store that has additives you have to buy organic honey (I mix golgi berries as well I dont do citrus because it'll neutralize honey and golgi berry properties lemons and citruses are cleansing wise) and apply before and then put a cheese cloth gauze over face then parafin cause it'll force the moisture and nutrients of the honey ( then wait 10 mins take cheese cloth off that's what allow parafn to be taken off then exfoliate the honey off with glove ), then I use a college eye bag mask from satin smooth cause skin is comprised of collagens and elastin so collagen is a nice thing to have as we age we lose that. I WASH WITH COLD WATER to CLOSE THE PORES TO SEAL THE MOISTURE AND NUTRIENTS THIS IS IMPORTANT IN SKIN CARE its pointless to keep pores open and wastemyour job well done.  And lastly I moisturize buy I'm a dry combination skin typetype (I literally use a dot because moisturizing should never be overdone even after doing a mask that should be hydrating enough)  and your wondering why moisturize the skin when we closed I were moisturing the surface ;) it nee TLC for the long rrun Don't moisturize if you oily combinations because it'll cause more acne.

Acne is cause by overfilling pores with unneeded things. So carefully to the ladies whonwear makeup. Don't just wear powder you need a primer primer is made to fill the pores because mineralmmake up will notmemulsify into your pores it'll clog it and a pore that's clogged and can't breath will built oil around the cloggng and thus. Acne. 

So hope this helps xoxox ;) 

Posted (edited)

I live near a nature republic and Tony moly so I mainly use those. But I do like clinique and the thirst quencher moisturizer is the greatest thing to ever touch my skin. I'm extremely oily but that stuff keeps my fave matte and smooth all day. But I only use it on makeup days. I switch my routine around every week so I can't really put a "routine." I've learned my skin gets use to products really quickly so I have to switch things up to really get them to work. 

I will recommend aloe gel, though. Almost any brand sells it and I'm sure you could even get it from a drug store. I use it as a mid-day moisturizer, a nighttime face mask, hair mask, sunburn treatment, etc.

Edited by T.O.P

Posted

i feel so out of place here lol I wash my face maybe once a week with my sister's soap and that's it, i don't even use lotion or sunscreen. 

Posted (edited)

-Sukin Sensitive Moisterizer

-Rice water (as a toner)

-Innisfree Sunscreen

-Nature republic aloe cleanser

-Bioderma sensitive cleansing water

EDIT- I use a sheet pack about 3 times a month and I use the Innisfree jeju volcanic face pack once a week

EDIT 2- I avoid harsh chemicals as well as parabens

Edited by bowkitty

Posted

I probably need a better skincare routine. I find that sometimes my T-Zone gets really greasy and it's super annoying. I have finally seemed to get over the tons of gross flakey dead skin on my face, which I assume happened because of the weather change here.

I just use a standard acne facewash in the mornings, and in the evenings I just wash with soap and water.

Kind of want to get some Lush face scrubs, but not sure if it's worth the money.

Posted

Ever since I had my jaw reduction surgery skin care is a must. I do want to point out the things I use is professional use sine well.. Beauty is my career but enough of that! Lol 

I normally get a microdermabrasion as well as a gel mask obagi line. Or dermalogica. . Be careful darling what enters your pores. Use ORGANIC. Look for ingredients with sulfates that dries your skin. Lanoline is a cheap oil base that people mainly have allergies to. Propylene glycol is a synthetic base (a cheap glycerin) that allows oils and acidic ingredients to mix without eating or neutralizing eac other buyt that is used in ting like motor oil. Look for things that have glycerin since that better than propyline glycol and things that don't have sulfates of tat nature or perfumes. Parfums, parabins (cancer causing), dyes and such.

I do on the other hand do use bio elements as well skin I do lactic acid peels and clay masks of their line.

But when Im not in the mood to keep on regime. I have an exfoliator glove and use a kojic acid soap to scrub scrub my makeup off or dirty face. Then rinse warm to open pores. Then I do a parafin mask but I apply honey honey not from food store that has additives you have to buy organic honey (I mix golgi berries as well I dont do citrus because it'll neutralize honey and golgi berry properties lemons and citruses are cleansing wise) and apply before and then put a cheese cloth gauze over face then parafin cause it'll force the moisture and nutrients of the honey ( then wait 10 mins take cheese cloth off that's what allow parafn to be taken off then exfoliate the honey off with glove ), then I use a college eye bag mask from satin smooth cause skin is comprised of collagens and elastin so collagen is a nice thing to have as we age we lose that. I WASH WITH COLD WATER to CLOSE THE PORES TO SEAL THE MOISTURE AND NUTRIENTS THIS IS IMPORTANT IN SKIN CARE its pointless to keep pores open and wastemyour job well done.  And lastly I moisturize buy I'm a dry combination skin typetype (I literally use a dot because moisturizing should never be overdone even after doing a mask that should be hydrating enough)  and your wondering why moisturize the skin when we closed I were moisturing the surface ;) it nee TLC for the long rrun Don't moisturize if you oily combinations because it'll cause more acne.

Acne is cause by overfilling pores with unneeded things. So carefully to the ladies whonwear makeup. Don't just wear powder you need a primer primer is made to fill the pores because mineralmmake up will notmemulsify into your pores it'll clog it and a pore that's clogged and can't breath will built oil around the cloggng and thus. Acne. 

So hope this helps xoxox ;) 

1) Why is skincare a must after jaw reduction sugery? Just very curious, is all. Did your surgeon tell you that?

2) I use The Face Shop- Oil Clear Pore Shot Blur for the primer under my BB cream, do you recommend that or something else? 

Posted

1) Why is skincare a must after jaw reduction sugery? Just very curious, is all. Did your surgeon tell you that?

2) I use The Face Shop- Oil Clear Pore Shot Blur for the primer under my BB cream, do you recommend that or something else? 

your skin imo will be very vey oilyoily and tough after jaw reduction its gonna be oily and sensitive. When you recover ffor 2 monthhs max 4 weeks no products to cleans cause you don't want to hit the scar with no products. Even the meds so the gonna feel DIRTY after surgery. You can clean with water but even then after 4 weeks max you onna wanna keep our skin regime due to your skins onna be tight but it got tough so after letting wound heal you legit gotta do that to soften an get that buid up off. After surgery my skin hasn't been the same. Yes surgeon recommend I see a dermatologist just becauseyour skin conditions will change professional help to determine your skins condition is best and I notice ater surgery my jaw was poofy to then thought and my upper part of m fce was like soft so I needed lactic acid peels after I fully recovered to like return the lower part of my face to the softness of m upper half. Buy not everyone's case will be like mine. If you want surgery literally skin are is important after. It'll fluctuate a lot don't do diy things follow instructions from surgeons and dermatologist. 

And for what you use as primer you're fine just as long as your skin bode well with it tbh you're good. ;)  your on the right track. 

Posted (edited)

Eh, now I'm only using L'oreal Paris cleansing and smoothing gel and Nivea face wash creamy thing that has pink particles in it (for sensitive skin)  :Alpacaconfused: And once or twice a week, I use clay masks. Now I'm using the Quick Fix blackhead stuff because the package was cute and it was really cheap :'D 

Edited by meimei