• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

What does your skincare routine consist of?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to start a topic or not because I've actually been lurking this (or these) site(s) for some time now but I've never had the confidence to actually create an account. Sorry in advance if I mess anything up because I really don't mean it. Anyway, I saw that there was no topic about skincare in general/skin care routines or products that have worked so I decided I would start one.

Things that have worked for me:

• Cure Nature Aqua Gel- This takes off dead skin and skin makeup leftover and does not burn or anything even when I had wounds on my face. I do have combination but mostly dry skin so this dried me out a little bit but it wasn't much. I recommend this but it runs out easily if you're someone who does a daily exfoliation (like me)
  • Benefit Porefessional- I know this isn't "skincare" but this really works if you want to close your pores. This is a little expensive but this is the best pore "eraser" I've used thus far. If you want a cheaper alternative go with Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser which wasn't as good for me but it's fairly close (and cheaper).        

I don't have a skincare routine as of right now but I'm breaking out badly and I have lots of acne scars and dry skin where my blackheads are. I have mostly dry combination skin and if anyone has any good recommendations for me please let me know. My acne scars are very bad and if anyone could help me with them I would be very thankful.

Posted

Ok so here is my skin care routine: 

• Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (The Body Shop) Works really well with waterproof make up
  • Black Ghassoul Foam Cleansing Bar (MISSHA) I really like soap bars as they prevent me from using too much product and therefore last much longer!
  • Time Revolution Clear Toner & The First Treatment Essence (MISSHA) The toner is great because it's not as harsh as most of the toners I tried so far (in Germany). I got those as little samples with my last order and I'm not sure if I'll buy the normal size after I used them up because they're reaaally expensive:alpacaworry2:
  • Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil (The Body Shop) I LOVE this! I have really dry and flaky skin but since I started using this it really got so much better! (although I look really greasy after using it...But I guess that doesn't really matter over night^^) I also love the smell!
  • Hydra Active 3 Nutrissime (L'Oréal Paris) Nothing really special about this, I guess.

I also use the Seaweed Pore-cleansing Facial Exfoliator from The Body Shop about 1-2 times a week.

I know that many people are saying that you shouldn't use many products but my skin really improved (I still battle frequent hormonal outbreaks though:alpacaworry2:)

Posted

Heres mine :)

I normally use cetaphil soap (as I have sensitive skin) and a scrubby towel thingy (Great for exfoliation) and sometimes I make my own home made scrubs (Baking soda is great!!) i mix that with either Coconut oil or just straight in the shower and just add soap. I love the way my skin feels so soft and looks so clean and radiant afterwards!! Sometimes if my skin seems to be breaking out a bit I use a clean and clear product with bezoyl peroxide (make sure it says:(Active ingredient ) It helps soo much!! doctor told me to make sure it says that other wise it doesn't really help much lol :)

Posted (edited)

Currently:
Sunblock: Sun cream collagen SPF 50 (NextBeau)
Cleanser: Snail Repairing(Secret Key)
Toner: Wonder Pore Freshener (Etude House)
Eye cream: Collagen Moistfull (Etude House)

To introduce:
AHA 8% (Mizon)
BHA (COSRX)
Age Defense Emulsion (Etude House)
Advanced Snail 96 Essence (COSRX)
Brown sugar facial scrub (MISSHA)
Collagen Mositfull sleeping pack (Etude House)
Collagen Wrinkle Facemask (Etude House)
Collagen Eyemask (Etude House)

I have too much Etude House. :alpacadone:

Mira3.png

Edited by Siwon

Posted

I keep my skincare routine pretty short: 

Cleanser: Tonymoly Peach Punch Sweet Foam Cleanser (2 times a day)

Moisturizer: Tonymoly Bamboo Cold Water Moist Cream (2 times a day)

Face Mask: A'pieu  Rub In Gelato Mask [LISO] (2-3 times a week)

And I like to use mask sheets whenever I have them (I LOVE the Etude House I need you ones). I use a facial sponge with my cleanser(like a flat egg shape with a blueish green back and white spongy part; they are at Walmart).After I cleanse, I rinse my face in cold water before moisturizing. This routine has cleared up my skin and made it *very* soft. I used to use Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing  Foam Moist and Tonymoly Wonder Water (both of which I recommend), but I decided to change things up. For waterproof makeup removal, I just use baby oil. The reason I use Korean skincare products is that a.) they are quite effective (and lots are cheap!), and b.) American products tend to make my face break out (I used the new formula from Neutrogena and had hives all over my face for two weeks :alpacaworry2:) or they overdo whatever they are supposed to do (i.e. over dry or over moisturize my skin).

*just a side note, the Tonymoly cleanser and A'pieu face mask smell sooooo good*

There is no such thing as *too much* Etude House :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

I actually rotate around my skincare routine and right now it's on the 'shorter' side because I'm on Accutane right now and can't use acids. 

• Banila Clean It Zero (pink one)/Skinfood Black Sugar Oils (night only/makeup removal/sunscreen removal). 

• Wash face with water/Hada Labo Foaming face wash

• Missha FTE Intensive

• Cosrx A-Sol

• LJH Tea Tree Esssence

• Benton Snail Bee Essence

• Cosrx Whitening Power Essence

• CeraVe Hydrating Lotion (not AM/not PM one)

• Cosrx Honey Ceramide Eye Cream

• Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

• Sunscreen 

I also do sheet masks like 4-8 times a week (Benton, TonyMoly, MBD, Etude House,etc) and Sleeping packs (Innisfree,Mizon, Laneige, etc) a few times a week (or I'll just cover my whole face with Aquaphor as well haha).

I do recommend the Mizon AHA Peeling, Cosrx BHA, Cosrx AHA for exfoliation if anyone is interested. 

Edited by totemoyumii

Posted

My skincare routine is so short compared to y'all like where do you guys find time to put on all that stuff??? You guys must be glowing though like mad props to you guys and your efforts ;w;

Anyway here's mine:

Morning- Dove soap/ cetaphil face cleanser

Olay all Day moisturiser with SPF 15 ( I have to reapply each 2 hours tho, so I might switch to something with more protection)

Night-   Ponds Cold Cream ( it's an old one but goddamn it makes my skin look almost ethreal)

Random bouts of acne due to hormones- If it's mild I'll dab a mixture of coconut and tea tree oil on the affected areas and it's bye bye pimples

If it's moderate to severe then I use the advantage acne control face wash by Clean and Clear and the                                                                        dual action moisturiser.

Posted

My skincare routine is so short compared to y'all like where do you guys find time to put on all that stuff??? You guys must be glowing though like mad props to you guys and your efforts ;w;

It actually only takes about 5 minutes for my morning/ night routine (makeup removal, cleanse, moisturize). The only time it can take a while is if I do a mask or I'm using my comedone extractor. I have a looot of time on my hands in the evenings, so its not hard to devote a bit of time to skincare. And my skin is very soft, but i have tiny bumps (under the skin) and occasional white heads due to stress (I'm a sophomore in high school, 3 advanced classes and an occupational elective) and my love of dried cranberries :alpacacrush: My breakouts are usually contained to my forehead, though. Whenever I'm not stressed (not very often) my skin clears up and looks *awesome*

Posted

Hidden Content

Currently:
Sunblock: Sun cream collagen SPF 50 (NextBeau)
Cleanser: Snail Repairing(Secret Key)
Toner: Wonder Pore Freshener (Etude House)
Eye cream: Collagen Moistfull (Etude House)

To introduce:
AHA 8% (Mizon)
BHA (COSRX)
Age Defense Emulsion (Etude House)
Advanced Snail 96 Essence (COSRX)
Brown sugar facial scrub (MISSHA)
Collagen Mositfull sleeping pack (Etude House)
Collagen Wrinkle Facemask (Etude House)
Collagen Eyemask (Etude House)

Hidden Content

Your's is almost exactly the same as mine. :alpacacrush:

Etude is cheap, smells nice, and it works. #noshame

Posted (edited)

When im lazy i usually just cleanse tone and moisturize but i found out in one of the videos in yt that thats not enough and should be cleanse exfoliate tone moisturize and protection

but anyways i use kiehl's ultra facial oil-free cleanser i really recommend this if you have oily skin its perfect for no al to oily skin since it reduces the oil in your face and it really works well for me also your skin will feel super soft afterwards for toner i usually use ponds toner or kiehl's ultra facial oil-free toner to exfoliate i use white jewel peeking from face shop its really nice for removing dead skin cells since you can feel it for moisturizer i use kiehl's ultra facial oil-free moisturizer or human nature day moisturizer it at first it gives you the shiny look in your face but hours laster it will smooth for protection i use ponds day cream i think thays a protector since it has spf 15 im not mistaken

anyway any suggestions on how to remove black and white heads? ;-; 

Edited by Euphoric
Typo

Posted

My skincare routine is simple, just Dr.G cleansers (rotate products) daytime, and only water at night. If my face feels oily I'll only wash with water again or use toner. :lamaheadshake:

I focused more on my eating habit. I do eat a lot of junk, but the amount of junk I eat, I'd double up my dose with more greens and of course, supplements.
I found out (thanks to the girls on youtube) that skincare routine help is limited. After all, it's all up to eating habit and "inner". :alpacawink:

I really love face masks though. It's a good way to get rid of stress and tension.

anyway any suggestions on how to remove black and white heads? ;-; 

For me, I take vitamin B (complex, those hardcore ones/high content.) I don't have any black and white heads on my skin. It takes sometime to clear up but it works, for me. That's how I got my squeaky clean nose and no acne. :alpacacrush: I take zinc, mostly for acne. If I do have some on my skin before they form up, I'd use Biore ones. 

Posted

For me, I take vitamin B (complex, those hardcore ones/high content.) I don't have any black and white heads on my skin. It takes sometime to clear up but it works, for me. That's how I got my squeaky clean nose and no acne. :alpacacrush: I take zinc, mostly for acne. If I do have some on my skin before they form up, I'd use Biore ones.

Thankyou! 

Posted

Used everyday

Used sometimes

Cleansers

- Biore Acne foaming cleanser + Etude House facial tool (it's a brush to clear out pores with a foaming cleanser)

- Cure Natural Aqua Gel (used at night or when my skin feels really rough)

- LUSH Dark Angels cleanser (used anytime, for oily skin, also works as an exfoliator)

Moisturisers

- Burt's Bees Radiance Day cream and Night cream

- LUSH Dream Cream (for hands and body, absorbs well)

- 100% Virgin Coconut Oil

Toners

- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (used after foaming cleanser, 2-3 times a day)

- LUSH Green Tea Tree Toner Water (comes in a spray, good for using on a hot day)

Acne treatment

- Clearasil Rapid Action Pimple Cream

- 100% tea tree oil

Posted (edited)

Omg, you guys are so dedicated to your skincare routines! I'm way too lazy and forgetful when it comes to skincare… :alpacadone: But then again, I'm also too lazy for make-up. :alpacaworry2:

My routine is as follows: I take a washmitt, hold it under the running tap with (luke)warm water,  wring it out, put my hand in it, wash my face with it and let it airdry. And when I'm doing my hairmask (castor oil diluted with almond oil), I use the excess oil on my hands to massage my face. :harharplz: 

Edited by GrannyPanty

Posted

You all do much better than me...

All I do is wash my face every morning with water and a nice pat down with a towel...

It's a wonder how my skin stays as nice as it does.