• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Unpopular opinions

9761 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wearing masks is a symbol of consideration for others around you, it isn't going to stop you from getting COVID in the same sense that a seatbelt won't save you from dying in a car crash, but it will minimize your chances of serious injury. You're doing others a favor by wearing a mask and they are doing a favor for YOU by wearing a mask, so put a fucking mask on and quit acting like nothing will happen to you.

I really think culture in the U.S. is inconsiderate overall and nobody takes it as seriously as a result, this culture we've cultivated is biting us in the fucking ass rn while other countries manage the pandemic much more effectively. Schools have opened in other countries and life continues because people on avg are taking it way more seriously and are more considerate than over here. Literally I see people partying clubbing shopping and dining out in close spaces without masks or anything as if they're invincible and it annoys tf out of me, like I really wonder what I'll hear from someone whose at a party around other people if I ask them why they're not wearing a mask at least. Honestly if you catch COVID without making any effort to stay safe I feel no pity for you. 

People don't realize how easy it is to go about your life like nothing's happening bc you're not experiencing it firsthand or your relative/friend hasn't suffered. This isn't just for COVID but for any other current event in history.

TLDR USA doesn't give as much of a shit about the pandemic and I think this "it won't happen to me" attitude is rooted in our overall inconsiderate culture and this is why it's getting worse. So many people still can't fucking understand why a mask and hand sanitizer are both extremely important "bc it wont save me from covid so like why should I??". 

Edited by fabienne
analogy a little wonky

Posted

Nahh Sims 4 was a cash crab and meant for all computers just so everyone could give their money to EA. You can't convince me their glitches are for the sake of being easy to run, for example patchy dark skintones and texture mistakes. I have an expensive laptop but my graphic card wasn't really meant for gaming thus Sims 3 is quite laggy in cities. EA were idiots for making such a complex game that even pcs from late 2010s couldn't run it without lagging, reminding you that the game was made from 2009 to 2013 and that an average pc was 1/5 compared to modern.

They didn't have to go to the extreme and open the world, it would be better if the made sections like Sims 4 does, then bigger cities would be possible with multiple districts which Sims 4 kinda does that in City living. 

All games are cash grabs, in my opinion. That’s how a company works. I feel like a lot of people try to paint out EA to be big and bad because of Sims 4 when they really just don’t want to move on. Yes, there are too many pack categories and useless things to buy but that happens with everything popular. People get greedy and I highly doubt they are planning a Sims 5. 

There are a lot of overlooked mistakes in Sims 4 and unnecessary things but it is way easier to run for the normal person. I’m sure any old laptop could handle it. 

Posted

Wearing masks is a symbol of consideration for others around you, it isn't meant to stop the spread of COVID in the same sense that a seatbelt won't save you from dying in a car crash, but it will minimize your chances of serious injury. You're doing others a favor by wearing a mask and they are doing a favor for YOU by wearing a mask, so put a fucking mask on and quit acting like nothing will happen to you.

I really think culture in the U.S. is inconsiderate overall and nobody takes it as seriously as a result, this culture we've cultivated is biting us in the fucking ass rn while other countries manage the pandemic much more effectively. Schools have opened in other countries and life continues because people on avg are taking it way more seriously and are more considerate than over here. Literally I see people partying clubbing shopping and dining out in close spaces without masks or anything as if they're invincible and it annoys tf out of me, like I really wonder what I'll hear from someone whose at a party around other people if I ask them why they're not wearing a mask at least. Honestly if you catch COVID without making any effort to stay safe I feel no pity for you. 

People don't realize how easy it is to go about your life like nothing's happening bc you're not experiencing it firsthand or your relative/friend hasn't suffered. This isn't just for COVID but for any other current event in history.

TLDR USA doesn't give as much of a shit about the pandemic and I think this "it won't happen to me" attitude is rooted in our overall inconsiderate culture and this is why it's getting worse. So many people still can't fucking understand why a mask and hand sanitizer are both extremely important "bc it wont save me from covid so like why should I??". 

And some people even say that wearing a mask will kill you ¬¬

Basically, the world is divided into 2 sides: those who don't believe corona exists, won't wear a mask or get a vaccine bc it contains a chip or whatever to" track" or "control" you

And then there's those who put their faith in science and doctors, follow every safety measure and actually make an effort to try and reduce the virus

I don't understand humanity, this was the chance for all of us to unite, not to divide

What a shitty world we live in 

Posted

And some people even say that wearing a mask will kill you ¬¬

Basically, the world is divided into 2 sides: those who don't believe corona exists, won't wear a mask or get a vaccine bc it contains a chip or whatever to" track" or "control" you

And then there's those who put their faith in science and doctors, follow every safety measure and actually make an effort to try and reduce the virus

I don't understand humanity, this was the chance for all of us to unite, not to divide

What a shitty world we live in 

So I've never heard of anyone who thinks the vaccine will have a chip in you but it sounds typical bc everyone is so anti-government when ironically majority of these people know nothing about it and seem to only put on their tinfoil hat when it's convenient? Everyone is literally a clout chaser at least around me that's why protests ceased so quickly where I live bc nobody actually gives a shit about a damn thing. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT YOUR HEALTH AND OTHER PEOPLE'S HEALTH ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR HALF-ASSED CLOUT-CHASING CONSPIRACY THEORIES. Thank you

Posted

TERF is a slur.

Giving some more information : a slur is a word that is, or has been, used as insinuations or allegations about adherents of a given group or to refer to them in a derogatory (critical or disrespectful), pejorative (disapproving or contemptuous), or insulting manner.

All of the "kill terfs", "punch your local terf", "burn all terfs" are insulting and disrespectful ; when someone says "op is a terf" we know that they mean op is a bad person, thus making insinuations and allegations in a disapproving manner. So technically, terf is a slur.

Posted (edited)

Black people are not angels. They can be just as bad as all the other races. Humans are shitty lol.

Im black btw.

Edited by Cocobell

Posted

Black people are not angels. They can be just as bad as all the other races. Humans are shitty lol.

Im black btw.

Non white people in general.

I’m a black person, and I grew up around my racist parents who would complain and blame white people for everything, and they even tried to get me into the the hate train too. This isn’t even something that I just noticed with my parents, it’s something I also saw in other black kids too who I assume also picked it up from a guardian. 

This notion that being racist towards innocent white people for things that their ancestors did ages ago, or for stereotypes is so toxic. Sure, maybe white people aren’t oppressed but that’s still not an excuse.

Posted (edited)

Non white people in general.

I’m a black person, and I grew up around my racist parents who would complain and blame white people for everything, and they even tried to get me into the the hate train too. This isn’t even something that I just noticed with my parents, it’s something I also saw in other black kids too who I assume also picked it up from a guardian. 

This notion that being racist towards innocent white people for things that their ancestors did ages ago, or for stereotypes is so toxic. Sure, maybe white people aren’t oppressed but that’s still not an excuse.

Trust me I have had many black people shit on me or ostracizing me because I am not "black enough" whilst I have met many amazing people that happen to be white. The colorism between light skin and dark skin they have in America sickens me to my stomach too. Im lucky I was brought up in the UK where they dont care about that bullshit, still.

Racism needs to be addressed and fought. But the fact people are seemingly trying to glorify blacks and demonize white people like its literally black and white is really cringe.

Like are said we are all humans and we are all shitty.

Edited by Cocobell

Posted (edited)

Bc of all the talk about teens being sexualized, "Yea well she's 18 so" makes you sound even creepier bc you're ignoring the fact 18 yos are still cognitively like teenagers and can't make adult decisions entirely.

I remember in a reddit thread about jerry seinfeld having had a relationship with a 17 year old when he was 39, I saw a comment saying “well it isn’t illegal” and another where a man said how he doesn’t usually want to date 17 year olds, but if one that looked like Jerry’s girlfriend passed him by, he would take a chance. I’m so fucking done with people. 

Im black btw.

considering how we’re always framed as thugs and deviants, how is this a hot take?

people shouldn’t say congratulations to every and any person who gets pregnant. and yes, this is in due to nickis pregnancy. the girl is horrible, and her baby daddy is a convicted rapist and murderer. they don’t deserve to hear “congratulations”.

Edited by jaybird

Posted

I never trusted Tati. (Never liked Jeffree, giant douche.) I liked Shane as a kid but grew out of him fairly quick.

Most youtubers need to shut up. "My life is so demanding!" "I'm doing this for you all!" Quit, bitch. You think your content is so original that it HAS to be up? No. If you left for a week (or more but let's be realistic) your fans will find someone new.

(I think it was this thread) Some Americans are aware that other countries had/have slaves but we get insulted if we bring it up.

I hate Reddit's bots. I didn't flair a post before I posted (didn't know how) and I got a message to do it AFTER I did it. Some of the people are decent.

People are fucking stupid. Not just Americans. We're probably just louder. (Heh. Probably.)

Posted

I hate Kanye West so much

Posted

I hate Kanye West so much

He needs legit help 

I don't want to say its all Kim fault (tbh what happen yesterday seem more of Kris fault) but shit his speech yesterday was hard to watch

someone on lolcow said it was like watching Budd Dwyer live suicide it was that concerning 

Posted

Amandabb is annoying. For some reason, I can’t stand her videos.

Posted

i highly dislike the kind of people who judge the person you like based on their appearance. i’ve realized that it actually hurts because my feelings are valid as well and you ain’t making it any better by putting down someone who i genuinely like and then patting my back as if nothing happened or as if nothing was said. 

laughing about it after is even more of an asshole behavior. 

Posted

I'm so tired of how people are self diagnosing themselves with autism, ALL OVER MY TL I'm getting people sharing things to help people self diagnose with autism and its fucking disgusting and so disrespectful to people (like me a local autistic person.) For people to treat it like you can just label something that still has a huge stigma and marginalization. 

Also no just having sensory issues doesnt automatically mean you have autism. Please get properly diagnosed and dont rely on twitter/tumblr/instagram posts to self diagnose yourself.