• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Unpopular opinions

9597 posts in this topic

Posted

I wouldn't call it fatphobia but fat people get shit on all the time. Like they get mean comments from random people, unsolicited advice, get made fun of, so many jokes in the media in which the punchline simply is hahah a fat guy dancing or something like that. A lot of kids get bullied for being fat. It's just sad. I really hate the word "fatphobia", it's such a cringe social justicey buzzword. 

Posted

I wouldn't call it fatphobia but fat people get shit on all the time. Like they get mean comments from random people, unsolicited advice, get made fun of, so many jokes in the media in which the punchline simply is hahah a fat guy dancing or something like that. A lot of kids get bullied for being fat. It's just sad. I really hate the word "fatphobia", it's such a cringe social justicey buzzword. 

yeah I agree. It's a weird word. But I have no other way to describe this phenomenon. Fat hate? 

Posted

a lot of people use food to cope with trauma, yes. so being judgmental of someone for their weight is completely rude if you just assume they're fat because they can't stop eating. many things can contribute to overeating and obesity. but if you do eat your way to oblivion, make no efforts to better yourself, ignore doctors and blame everyone else but yourself, then yes, you suck 100% and deserve the insults. 

the trend you mention sounds fucking nasty...the same girls claim they want 'equality' until they realize that means men can hit back with no penalty if equality indeed became a thing lmfao 

Tbh, I dont think they deserve insults unless they insult someone else first (which most do lol) but if they go around blaming it on genetics and whatnot...that makes me mad. 

And yeah, I actually hate third wave feminist because of this shit, like wtf, the same shit happened with Johnny Depp, they cancelled him so fast back in 2016 but how many did apologize now? 5%? 

yeah I agree. It's a weird word. But I have no other way to describe this phenomenon. Fat hate? 

Its just lookism 

Posted (edited)

you don't have to be disrespectful to someone who disagrees with veganism...it's not necessary.

you can't force people to do what you want to do, so please respect them or just don't engage in conversation. some vegans are horrendous to deal with. you can't argue with that. Priest mainly said they hated vegans that showed a god complex, because a lot of them do. some even make posts shaming people for their decisions. it's not pleasant. 

again, please respect others'. it's cool that you're vegetarian but that, and going vegan might not work for people. diets by themselves are hard as fuck to follow sometimes.

-

i don't believe there's any oppression towards fat individuals, seeing as they can lose the weight and...you know...not get affected by supposed 'oppression'. but sometimes there's thyroid issues involved or binge eating disorder. obesity will never be healthy. if you can't breathe without difficulties you need medical attention asap lmaoo

Yeah, vegans have a superiority complex, I know a girl that smokes but became a vegan and now holds lectures to non-vegans about meat causing cancer. Bitch what? You're directly harming your lungs. 

Addiction to food is the same as being an alcoholic and a drug addict, except when a person is offered help with food addiction it's 'fatphobic' lmao. I personally know a couple of people with a food addiction, they eat whenever they sit somewhere and start to literally shake when they don't eat from boredom and can't be caught hungry, even for a planned group meal. They eat a whole meal right before because they were slightly hungry. Just because someone is overeating to cope with trauma doesn't mean we should enable him, the person obviously needs mental help, not body positivity. 

I also cringe when I see obese people claiming fo eat healthy and work out. I know naturally thickher people with a normal diet but 20 pounds or 10kg overweight, not 70 kg overweight. 

There's obviously a problem with bullying fat people but there's also a rise of bullying skinny people because it's not as much trendy anymore and people are projecting their either insecurity or jealousy. I've literally seen girls on Instagram bullying a model with a thigh gap bc thick hips are in. There are people that can't gain weight. The majority of naturally skinny people can't become thick. You can't change your body type. No one should be bullied for their body but rather encouraged to be healthier.

Edited by shady

Posted

Tbh, I dont think they deserve insults unless they insult someone else first (which most do lol) but if they go around blaming it on genetics and whatnot...that makes me mad. 

And yeah, I actually hate third wave feminist because of this shit, like wtf, the same shit happened with Johnny Depp, they cancelled him so fast back in 2016 but how many did apologize now? 5%? 

Its just lookism 

ah ookay. I never even heard of that word tbh.

Posted

ah ookay. I never even heard of that word tbh.

Its pretty popular in kpop because of how lookist Koreans are most of the time lol

Posted

Why does the term Islamophobia exists but not budismophobia, christianophobia, hinduismophobia and many many more?? 

Christianphobia does exist as a word. Funny how some people cry islamphobia have obvious christianphobia. Well, I may be skeptical of both Islam and Christianity, but I sure as hell don't hate the religions or the people.

"Fatphobia" is not a thing. There is no such thing as systemic oppression against fat people. Half of America is fuckin' overweight, you are not oppressed because you're fat. And if someone is morbidly obese they likely had numerous chances to change their weight and continued to delve into unhealthier habits. While part of this can be the fault of targeted marketing towards lower income households that is perpetuated by fast food companies, which is why a lot of children become fat- they can escape the cycle and not become fat adults, or at least maintain a manageable weight wherein they might not be skinny, but slightly overweight. 300 lbs fatties or barely overweight women who are calling themselves deathfats and claiming anyone who doesn't compliment their fatness is fatphobic, get a grip. You aren't oppressed lmao. They also put down skinny or average size women who have or had eating disorders, because of course they do. Grosses me out.

The NHAMES studies over survey races that aren't the majority of USA's population. They over survey black people and latinos, which isn't the majority. (The majority of USA is still white, regardless if their background is hispanic or non-hispanic, which Spain is still considered hispanic; I have around 7% hispanic in me, but it's from Spain) 1/3 of America is obese (don't trust the CDC numbers, they've done shady things in the past, plus I divided the number of obese people in 50 states plus district of colombia, divided by 51, and got around 30-35%), around 40% of america is overweight, and about 80% of america is overfat (including normal weight obese people). It's about the same in Ireland, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. (25% obese people in UK and Ireland, 30% obese people in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, around the same number of overweight people in all of those other anglo english countries mentioned, and 70% overfat people in Ireland, 75% overfat people in Canada, and around 80% overfat people in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.)

Link to CDC's dodgy past:

http://www.truthwiki.org/cdc-centers-for-disease-control-and-prevention/

https://philmaffetone.com/new-study-finds-americans-fatter-ever/

PDF I used to divide states obesity rates.

https://media.stateofobesity.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/16100613/2019ObesityReportFINAL.pdf

Now, I'm not saying the rates is good in anyway, but it's not as bad as they report it. It's still pretty bad though.

Screenshot_2020-05-21_13-00-09.png

Posted (edited)

this is gun b a very unpopular opinion cause there's lots of ppl on this forum who claim to be in the sex industry or know someone....

soooooo

i have no respect for sex workers.i know, everyone's struggling, ppl gotta pay bills and  keep their kids fed. but that seems like the easiest way. i do a physically hard manual job for a living(lifting cartons up to 15kg) and they don't even pay well. there's always other ways. i just don't see how people who have some self respect can do it. i know money's usually good, but it's just...ew.... how do you kiss your bf/husband/kids after work when you just sucked like 10 dicks that day? 

Edited by YutaKei

Posted

I hate people who thinks people that say "I hate kids" are the scum of the earth. Sure if they literally are a dick to kids and say things like "I want to punch them" then yes that's bad but thus jerk deems people who hate kids as the worst people on the planet. 

I personally don't like kids at all and I don't plan to have any. I have my reason why but the other reasons are they're annoying and I don't like being around them nor did I ever had a good experience with them. Another person in the comments said RESPECTFULLY why they didn't like kids and the person who posted that tweet went full bitch mode and called her a dumbass and to go fuck herself. I'm sorry you can't call us trash and then be a complete asshat to someone stating nicely why they don't like kids.

Also she says that people who hate kids do it for a personality trait. First of, no we don't. At least for the people I know don't. She's generalizing people that hate kids and that in itself is kind of gross and hateful.

So long story short, people who have a strong opinion and only think they're right and generalise everyone who has a different opinion are trash lol.

Screenshot_2020-05-21-16-51-49(1).png

Posted

The english dub of Persona 5 shouldn't use honorifics. It just sounds weird and is up there on the cringe factor with "lady ann" and "shitty adults."

Posted

The english dub of Persona 5 shouldn't use honorifics. It just sounds weird and is up there on the cringe factor with "lady ann" and "shitty adults."

I have played every single one of the persona games, its honestly my favorite series and the games that had voice acting, I thought it was really good. Except some characters like Chie from p4. Anyways out of all the games, Persona 5 had the best voice acting of the series. My favorite being Akechis and Makotos, though Haru's was a little...yeah. 

Also another thing to add on, it made me wince when they would pronounce some of the japanese last names wrong like Takamaki or Sakamoto...idk like there must be someone who knew they were saying it wrong but still let them pronounce it that way.

Random thing to say I think p4 is the best in the series, P5 was a little too happy and cheery (and a little cheesy for me.) dont get me wrong though, I freaking love p5 to death, its just i hope they step it up in p6

Posted

Cherdleys and Trevor Wallace are both pretty funny but I wish they’d stop collaborating with shitty imitations of themselves. A lot of these new youtubers try to mimic their style of videos but completely miss the mark. It’s cringe and the only one who can keep up is Gus Johnson. 

Posted

Cherdleys and Trevor Wallace are both pretty funny but I wish they’d stop collaborating with shitty imitations of themselves. A lot of these new youtubers try to mimic their style of videos but completely miss the mark. It’s cringe and the only one who can keep up is Gus Johnson. 

Gus Johnson is naturally hilarious! There was a bunch of comments in one of his videos saying his girlfriend sabrina abelina is equally hilarious, I checked out her and she's painfully unfunny and dry

Posted

Gus Johnson is naturally hilarious! There was a bunch of comments in one of his videos saying his girlfriend sabrina abelina is equally hilarious, I checked out her and she's painfully unfunny and dry

I love Gus a lot! I’ve been watching him since he was making those 30 second videos in Wisconsin. And yeah youtuber gfs/bfs tend to not be funny. I think a lot of them don’t have any aspirations to be content creators but when their SO starts to get traction, they piggyback off of them. I get that vibe from both Sabrina and Sven too tbh (though some of his stuff is funny and reminds me of old Gus). 

Posted (edited)

if lana del rey werent so stupid she couldve had a point. instead of picking low hanging fruit over skimpy clothing she could have pointed out 

1 nicki minaj being damaging to body positivity bc she insults skinny women despite the fact she had to get plastic surgery to be thick, as well as call out nicki being a piece of shit for bailing out her rapist pedo of a brother.

2 she could have pointed out beyonce is a fake fucking feminist for staying with her cheater ass husband.

3 ...idk what to say about doja cat, anyone who takes her seriously is a fool to begin with. 

but no, instead lana talked out her ass and failed to deflect. the criticism ppl had of her isn't unwarranted imo, lana's music lyrics always make me mad fucking uncomfortable. especially knowing it enables the ddlg/nymphette scene. 

and its weird af that everyone she went after wasnt white. suspicious as hell, lana. should have kept your mouth shut instead of try to throw others under the bus.

Edited by jadedotgif