• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Unpopular opinions

9639 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"Fatphobia" is not a thing. There is no such thing as systemic oppression against fat people. Half of America is fuckin' overweight, you are not oppressed because you're fat. And if someone is morbidly obese they likely had numerous chances to change their weight and continued to delve into unhealthier habits. While part of this can be the fault of targeted marketing towards lower income households that is perpetuated by fast food companies, which is why a lot of children become fat- they can escape the cycle and not become fat adults, or at least maintain a manageable weight wherein they might not be skinny, but slightly overweight. 300 lbs fatties or barely overweight women who are calling themselves deathfats and claiming anyone who doesn't compliment their fatness is fatphobic, get a grip. You aren't oppressed lmao. They also put down skinny or average size women who have or had eating disorders, because of course they do. Grosses me out.

Edited by flurry

Posted

If more people go vegan the market for vegan products goes up and the demand goes down (if slowly). Acting like going vegan has no good consequences at all is stupid. It's like saying "Yeah, just toss your trash into the wild, everyone does it and trash will continue being spread no matter if you throw your trash here or not". Small things add up and can become an issue, or they can add up and result in something good. Be the change you want to see in the world and stuff. If everyone goes "I can't change anything anyways", of course nothing happens.

I'm personally not vegan but I can appreciate every reasonable vegan person for engaging themselves, being considerate, having an open mind and actually being active.

Yeah you make a very good point. But some vegans (I have encountered plenty) are total snobs. Like art snob level of snobs, or straight out rude then go on a ego maniacal rant on how you're a piece of shit if you eat meat and they're WAY better than you since they're vegan. I have no problem for people going vegan, good for them! I personally can't give up meat, I was raised eating it all the time and meat is in most of my cultures food dishes but there is a special place in hell for the vegans that scoff and roll their eyes at you and it makes me want to knock them out.

If you want a good example of a total piece of shit vegan watch a jubilee (i think thats how its spelled) video where its like 4 vegans vs 1 non vegan and they gotta weed which one is the "liar" vegan for a cash prize. Pewdiepie did a commentary video on it which was hilarious but there was one contestant in the video named Erin who kept attacking this one asian dude bc she suspected him to be a non vegan to the point where he questioned his vegan diet and made him feel like a piece of shit.

Posted (edited)

I'm talking about how they want to act like they're Holy and above others [mainly meat eaters] for it. I don't see an outcome like you describe...eating animals isn't hurting anybody? There are animals bred for human consumption and produce. I never said it lacked good consequences. 

1- Meatproduction encourages the development of multiresistant bacteria
2- Meatproduction encourages the burning of jungle area for soy production
3- It is a huge waste of food, the production of one kg meat needs 7 kg soy and consumes 5.991 litres of water (it is really hard to purify afterwards)
4- people who work in the industry get paid pretty badly and it takes a toll on the psyche of many of them
5- all the fecal matter is bad for the ground
6- *You are hurting the animals*
Pigs are as intelligent as 5 years olds, cows have a highly developed social behaviour and are in deep pain if you take away their calves etc
We have no right to hurt animals like that. Just "it has always been like this" isn't a justification. Other thing people say is that humans are just superior and more important. Whyy exactly? I don't accept any religious explainations. Is it the inteligence? (would it then be ok to kill infants because they are dumb? Or mentally challenged people? Would it be ok for "superior" species to breed us for consumtion?)
Is it our emotional capacities? Because animals have those too. And the food chain isn't an excuse either. You are not an animal, you are capable of making reasonable decisions, you are not controlled by instincts and you don't need to kill to survive.

Edit:

And yes, arrogant people always suck, no matter who they are or what their believes are. I personally think that everyone has to be at least a bit egoistic and decide how much and in which ways only caring for yourself is ok. We can't live off of air and everyone wants to enjoy living, we can't just live for other people. I just think that there is some stuff I can give up on that has a huge beneficial influence, something that is worth a little sacrifice and maybe exchange it for feeling like a decent person. It feels good to do the right thing sometimes. I can't force anyone to do the same. I just wish more people would try to go at least a little bit in the right direction and not fight any kind of change because other people who did it too were bitches about it

Edited by Boredperson

Posted (edited)

"Fatphobia" is not a thing. There is no such thing as systemic oppression against fat people. Half of America is fuckin' overweight, you are not oppressed because you're fat. And if someone is morbidly obese they likely had numerous chances to change their weight and continued to delve into unhealthier habits. While part of this can be the fault of targeted marketing towards lower income households that is perpetuated by fast food companies, which is why a lot of children become fat- they can escape the cycle and not become fat adults, or at least maintain a manageable weight wherein they might not be skinny, but slightly overweight. 300 lbs fatties or barely overweight women who are calling themselves deathfats and claiming anyone who doesn't compliment their fatness is fatphobic, get a grip. You aren't oppressed lmao. They also put down skinny or average size women who have or had eating disorders, because of course they do. Grosses me out.

Ok I have 2 things to add on.

1. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but girls need to stop calling themselves thicc when they're overweight, and other girls who support them say "oh you don't need to lose a pound you're perfect the way you are". The "all bodies are beautiful" is true to an extent. But instead of saying someone doesn't need to lose weight when they clearly do, try to encourage them, not tell them they shouldn't lose weight at all.

2. Asking someone "why are you so skinny" is just as hurtful as "why are you so fat" and you can't change my mind about that. Asking that question is so damn rude.

1- Meatproduction encourages the development of multiresistant bacteria2- Meatproduction encourages the burning of jungle area for soy production
3- It is a huge waste of food, the production of one kg meat needs 7 kg soy and consumes 5.991 litres of water (it is really hard to purify afterwards)
4- people who work in the industry get paid pretty badly and it takes a toll on the psyche of many of them
5- all the fecal matter is bad for the ground
6- *You are hurting the animals*
Pigs are as intelligent as 5 years olds, cows have a highly developed social behaviour and are in deep pain if you take away their calves etc
We have no right to hurt animals like that. Just "it has always been like this" isn't a justification. Other thing people say is that humans are just superior and more important. Whyy exactly? I don't accept any religious explainations. Is it the inteligence? (would it then be ok to kill infants because they are dumb? Or mentally challenged people? Would it be ok for "superior" species to breed us for consumtion?)
Is it our emotional capacities? Because animals have those too. And the food chain isn't an excuse either. You are not an animal, you are capable of making reasonable decisions, you are not controlled by instincts and you don't need to kill to survive.

I get what you're going for here but you seem to be very passive aggressive right here. Are you a vegan?

These are very valid points but I think he also makes a point that vegans do come off as very rude, and this post kinda seems like you're trying to say why him/her shouldn't eat meat. I get that the other person came off as kinda passive aggressive too but respect opinions please.

Edited by elkieu

Posted (edited)

I was chubby as a kid, and adults who i didn't know on the street would make fun of me call me a fat piece of shit many times. 

I had a lot of emotional problems including sexual abuse back then that caused me to binge eat. I am now an average weight adult, and I still suffer from body issues due to being humiliated on the street by strangers for something so stupid as being a bit overweight( I wasnt morbidly obese). I definitely think fat phobia is a thing. And I still wonder to this day what made grown adults so angry at me for being overweight that they felt the need to humiliate me on the streets)

Respect anyone regardless of their size. If you're not sexually attracted to someone that's fine, I do not agree at all that not being attracted to someone because of their size is "fatphobic". That's just ridiculous. but people should lay off on the emotional abuse many fat people get (I'm not saying you do this btw just in general) i just hope no other little girl or boy will have to grow up like I did. 

Edited by Kiko

Posted (edited)

Ok I have 2 things to add on.

1. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but girls need to stop calling themselves thicc when they're overweight, and other girls who support them say "oh you don't need to lose a pound you're perfect the way you are". The "all bodies are beautiful" is true to an extent. But instead of saying someone doesn't need to lose weight when they clearly do, try to encourage them, not tell them they shouldn't lose weight at all.

2. Asking someone "why are you so skinny" is just as hurtful as "why are you so fat" and you can't change my mind about that. Asking that question is so damn rude.

I get what you're going for here but you seem to be very passive aggressive right here. Are you a vegan?

These are very valid points but I think he also makes a point that vegans do come off as very rude, and this post kinda seems like you're trying to say why him/her shouldn't eat meat. I get that the other person came off as kinda passive aggressive too but respect opinions please.

I'm not vegan, as stated before. I'm vegetarian, pretty much since 8 years. Before a person stated that noone gets hurt through eating meat (which is straight out not true), so i made a list of bad consequences and argued against all the arguments why it's ok to kill animals I heard before because the animals are the ones getting hurt most. The person who commented that didn't seem to believe that and said that it's ok to breed animals to kill them, so I argued and questioned that too. English isn't my first lenguage and I always get a bit pumped in discussions like that (fight or flight mode, I'm kind of always seen as the bad and ignorant one by default when I make arguments for veganism, even if I didn't start the discussion and vegans were clearly insulted or portrayed as idiots) so it might sound a bit ruder than planned, see it as a sign of defense.

Edited by Boredperson

Posted

The most annoying thing is hearing the 'Being obese doesnt mean you are not healthy!!1!11' btch what do you think obesity is if not a health issue? 

I'm not vegan, as stated before. I'm vegetarian, pretty much since 8 years. Before a person stated that noone gets hurt through eating meat (which is straight out not true), so i made a list of bad consequences and argued against all the arguments why it's ok to kill animals I heard before because the animals are the ones getting hurt most. The person who commented that didn't seem to believe that and said that it's ok to breed animals to kill them, so I argued and questioned that too. English isn't my first lenguage and I always get a bit pumped in discussions like that (fight or flight mode, I'm kind of always seen as the bad and ignorant one by default when I make arguments for veganism, even if I didn't start the discussion and vegans were clearly insulted or portrayed as idiots) so it might sound a bit ruder than planned, see it as a sign of defense.

I mean, we have to eat meat, we are omnivores, not even getting into the pets we own that need meat too (specially cats and such).

Posted

9/11 is still horrible on its own though. I'm not saying you are but let's not downplay it. I kind of agree. And also I think cats was a horrible movie and not fun at all. They didn't do anything creative and threw in celebrity faces to make the more more desirable to watch. 

I can make a whole paragraph why it's bad but I just woke up lol. The stage musical was far better and the cats looked nice (costume wise) and muuuuch better than that cgi creepy humanoid shit they did on the cats in the Cats movie.

I don't have the energy to respond much to the 9/11 stuff but I will comment on Cats.

I honestly loved both. Yes the movie has it's own issues as does any adaptation but idk a weird part of me just likes it. I will say though I hated Taylor Swift in it and she shouldn't have gotten that role.

Posted

Unpopular opinion: Billie Eilish is NOT overrated at all, but overhyped, and overexposed. Just my opinion lol.

Posted

i hate girls (and people) who say men are trash or men don't deserve rights & are serious about it all while having a whole ass boyfriend like..??? sis- i know that "not all men", but still.. it comes of as really hypocritical

Posted

When a dog or cat is extremely obese, everyone agrees that it's bad for them and their owners need to change the pet's diet. But when it comes to people it's totally okay, beautiful and healthy and if someone disagrees then they're called fatphobic. What is this logic? 

Posted (edited)

I mean...considering Vegans have to take vitamins to replace meat, I don't think that's healthy. Meat gives you iron. Women, especially, need the iron and are at risk of iron deficiency

And you do realize some Vegans force their own animals to take on their diet? It's hurting animals, too. You're saying it isn't, when in reality, there are people who are feeding their carnivorous pets a vegan diet. That, in itself, is fucking up the food chain.

I was correct when saying some animals are bred for consumption, as seen here.

RAyV3w6.png

I never said it was okay. I never said I was okay with how it works. 

By the way, I meant it doesn't hurt people HEALTH WISE. Veganism requires vitamins to be taken. You're not harmed by meat unless you have a negative reaction to it.

I apologize if I seemed passive aggressive, as that isn't my intention, but it shouldn't be a sign of defense lmfao? It wasn't directed towards you nor was it meant to harm you. It was my opinion. Please respect it or just don't reply. 

You're putting words in my mouth, as well. When did I ever say "it's always been like this", or "humans are superior"? I didn't mention or hint towards those in my posts. I, for one, don't believe in the latter. While, secondly, we did actually hunt for our own food. It HAS always been like this, minus the machinery and the tactics used. 

You're giving the impression that I support the death of every animal and that I 'don't care'. I've raised a pig before. They are intelligent, that is true. I've also raised chickens, ducks, etcetera. I don't have the heart to kill an animal, let alone eat one that I've bonded with. It is completely possible to eat meat, and at the same time, raise/rescue animals. 

And, ArinBunny is correct; we are omnivores. We don't have to follow that rule, seeing as we've evolved as a human race, but we don't all have to abide by your dietary choices because you see issues with ours.

I, myself, don't agree with how cows are tortured but that doesn't mean I can't eat meat...veganism isn't all sunshine and rainbows as you describe. You listed all negatives, but there's bound to be positives, too. Please accept that, while it may have benefits, it's victim of having negatives, too. 

Thank you, @ArinBunny & @elkieu (:

Edited by Priest

Posted (edited)

And yes, arrogant people always suck, no matter who they are or what their believes are. I personally think that everyone has to be at least a bit egoistic and decide how much and in which ways only caring for yourself is ok. We can't live off of air and everyone wants to enjoy living, we can't just live for other people. I just think that there is some stuff I can give up on that has a huge beneficial influence, something that is worth a little sacrifice and maybe exchange it for feeling like a decent person. It feels good to do the right thing sometimes. I can't force anyone to do the same. I just wish more people would try to go at least a little bit in the right direction and not fight any kind of change because other people who did it too were bitches about it

you don't have to be disrespectful to someone who disagrees with veganism...it's not necessary.

you can't force people to do what you want to do, so please respect them or just don't engage in conversation. some vegans are horrendous to deal with. you can't argue with that. Priest mainly said they hated vegans that showed a god complex, because a lot of them do. some even make posts shaming people for their decisions. it's not pleasant. 

again, please respect others'. it's cool that you're vegetarian but that, and going vegan might not work for people. diets by themselves are hard as fuck to follow sometimes.

-

i don't believe there's any oppression towards fat individuals, seeing as they can lose the weight and...you know...not get affected by supposed 'oppression'. but sometimes there's thyroid issues involved or binge eating disorder. obesity will never be healthy. if you can't breathe without difficulties you need medical attention asap lmaoo

Edited by A Siren's Melody

Posted

you don't have to be disrespectful to someone who disagrees with veganism...it's not necessary.

you can't force people to do what you want to do, so please respect them or just don't engage in conversation. some vegans are horrendous to deal with. you can't argue with that. Priest mainly said they hated vegans that showed a god complex, because a lot of them do. some even make posts shaming people for their decisions. it's not pleasant. 

again, please respect others'. it's cool that you're vegetarian but that, and going vegan might not work for people. diets by themselves are hard as fuck to follow sometimes.

-

i don't believe there's any oppression towards fat individuals, seeing as they can lose the weight and...you know...not get affected by supposed 'oppression'. but sometimes there's thyroid issues involved or binge eating disorder. obesity will never be healthy. if you can't breathe without difficulties you need medical attention asap lmaoo

Thyroids issues can only get you to gain (at most) around 20kg (or so have I read), no way you are 300kg and it being most about thyroids, however it can come from traumas of the past (you can watch My 600 lb life and such, they ALWAYS have therapist cause it comes from something deeper) but if you refure to treath it then...I dont know. 

There's this stupid trend of girls basically hitting their boyfriends in the car like 5 times 'unnintentionally', just waiting for a guy to hit back and let the internet become open hell. 

Posted (edited)

Thyroids issues can only get you to gain (at most) around 20kg (or so have I read), no way you are 300kg and it being most about thyroids, however it can come from traumas of the past (you can watch My 600 lb life and such, they ALWAYS have therapist cause it comes from something deeper) but if you refure to treath it then...I dont know. 

There's this stupid trend of girls basically hitting their boyfriends in the car like 5 times 'unnintentionally', just waiting for a guy to hit back and let the internet become open hell. 

a lot of people use food to cope with trauma, yes. so being judgmental of someone for their weight is completely rude if you just assume they're fat because they can't stop eating. many things can contribute to overeating and obesity. but if you do eat your way to oblivion, make no efforts to better yourself, ignore doctors and blame everyone else but yourself, then yes, you suck 100% and deserve the insults. 

the trend you mention sounds fucking nasty...the same girls claim they want 'equality' until they realize that means men can hit back with no penalty if equality indeed became a thing lmfao 

Edited by A Siren's Melody