• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9228 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate that you can't skip the intro cutscene in Tfbw nor can you type in passcodes without actually looking for it. Sure it's kinda funny the first time you play the game but it gets annoying if you beat the game and wanna replay. 

Posted (edited)

Presley and Kaia Gerber seem to be troubled and with that, young girls are glamorizing Kaia. No one can convince me that Cindy isn't starving her daughter and I've heard a rumor many times that Kaia is doing cocaine. And Presley's face tattoo 'Misunderstood'? Hmmm...

Cindy herself said in an interview that girls can't succeed in modeling looking like herself back in the day as well as Kaia's natural body, that they have to be skinnier. Idk but a normal mom would convince her daughter to try a different profession for the sake of her health and body image if she isn't naturally skinny.

Also Kaia in many unedited photos looks so sick and tired and he can't even hide that in her instagram photos, also she already started taking topless photos as soon as she turned 18. I understand that nude photos can be artsy but it's just seems like a ME attitude with the feel for need to post that and I can't understand how her parents are okay with her barely legal daughter sexulizing herself even before turning 18. Also Kaia dating Pete Davidson and a rumor that her mom set them up to benefit her career... Those two seem like they're going to have a Lindsay Lohan time in 5 years or less. 

Edited by shady

Posted (edited)

Presley and Kaia Gerber seem to troubled and with that, young girls are glamorizing Kaia. No one can convince me that Cindy isn't starving her daughter and I've heard a rumor many times that Kaia is doing cocaine. And Presley's face tattoo 'Misunderstood'? Hmmm...

Cindy herself said in an interview that girls can't succeed in modeling looking like herself back in the day as well as Kaia's natural body, that they have to be skinnier. Idk but a normal mom would convince her daughter to try a different profession for the sake of her health and body image if she isn't naturally skinny.

Also Kaia in many unedited photos looks so sick and tired and he can't even hide that in her instagram photos, also she already started taking topless photos as soon as she turned 18. I understand that nude photos can be artsy but it's just seems like a ME attitude with feeling the need to post that and I can't understand how her parents are okay with her barely legal daughter sexulizing herself even before turning 18. Also Kaia dating Pete Davidson and a rumor that her mom set them up to benefit her career... Those two seem like they're going to have a Lindsay Lohan time in 5 years or less. 

Not defending her of disagreeing with you, but I do think Kaia really is built that way. Lily Depp was accused of the same thing, but when you look at her mother, she's just as small in frame. There are women and men who are naturally stick thin and healthy. I mean, Kendall Jenner was and still is pretty skinny and tall as well.

For Kaia, it might be a combination of her generally being small and the exhaustion and pressure of being a model, who's mother is Cindy Crawford. Making a name for herself without her mother tied to it can definitely be a reason for stress. 

What I'm saying is: she may very well be naturally skinny, but pressure can still make her drop in weight. For someone who is already thin, it can easily make you underweight if you're stressed and don't get enough nourishment.

Edited by 20

Posted

Not defending her of disagreeing with you, but I do think Kaia really is built that way. Lily Depp was accused of the same thing, but when you look at her mother, she's just as small in frame. There are women and men who are naturally stick thin and healthy. I mean, Kendall Jenner was and still is pretty skinny and tall as well.

For Kaia, it might be a combination of her generally being small and the exhaustion and pressure of being a model, who's mother is Cindy Crawford. Making a name for herself without her mother tied to it can definitely be a reason for stress. 

What I'm saying is: she may very well be naturally skinny, but pressure can still make her drop in weight. For someone who is already thin, it can easily make you underweight if you're stressed and don't get enough nourishment.

Yeah... if you look at Cindy and Rande Gerber's photos when they were young there's no chance Kaia could've turned naturally skinny. She has to inherit her skeletal figure from someone, her mom was a size 36-38 (still slim but not for a model) and her dad looked like Schwarzenegger. I know that there are naturally skinny people, but there's very little chance she is considering her parents aren't. 

I'm actually built almost the same as Cindywith nearly the same measurements naturally. Although that varies from person to person, as someone who tried to slim down for modeling only for literally a couple of centimeters, it was almost impossible and required starving because my body refuses to allow me to become underweight. I literally had to eat twice as less and I gained those 3-4cm and 3-4kg back as soon as I couldn't do it mentally anymore. I never had an ED but that damaged my self image during high school. 

I can only imagine how is in Kaia's skin with her weight of 50-55kg, consider that according to BMI you're underweight at our height at 57kg. Also the constant judgment from casting directors, the only place she can feel comfortable in her own skin is probably the dopamine she gets from her instagram likes and comments. 

Posted

Unpopular Opinion (mostly a rant): I hate girls who wish they were short or make themselves seem shorter by posture. I see a lot of actresses brag about how short they are. For example, Dove Cameron. A quick Google search says she is 5'2 yet she always goes on about how short and petite she is. Sure, that's short, but that's normal-standard short.

I'm 4'7. Yes, 4'7. I'm not a dwarf nor have I ever been classified as one because I don't have the characteristics of a dwarf either. However, I always get mistaken for a twelve-year-old or younger. People hand me kid's menu without even asking first because they just automatically assume I'm a little kid. Honestly, I don't mind it but it drives me up a wall when so many people tell me how short I am. I know. I already know. I've known since my doctor told me I stopped growing. You don't have to constantly remind me.

Oh, and then people always tell me how young I look. I know that too. You don't think I don't? I wish I looked like my own age. I'm 17 - turning 18 next year and oh my God not to be a narcissist but I almost can't help but notice that other girls my age are jealous of me when they find out how old I really am.

Also, pushing 20 and trying to emulate a child-like look is not cute at all. It almost seems pedophilic. Please, stop. Stop trying to look younger than you already are. Stop trying to seem shorter than you already are. It's not cute. It's really not cute. I don't mind how short I am and how young I look but my God it's not something to achieve. I've been treated differently from people because of it and weird creeps try to come onto me. I just don't understand why so many young girls won't accept the fact that they're aging. 

Posted (edited)

Warning: game rant ahead lol

I liked Persona 3 and Persona 4 a lot but I haven't played Persona 5. I don't know if I'm going to, because I feel like the series is turning into too much of a waifu game.

Every time I see clips of Persona 5 it's like they tried to add more and more waifus. The girls in the main cast, the lolis from the velvet room, your teacher, the doctor, and in new Persona 5 Royal trailer, there's sexy boss battles now and a new waifu added to the main cast.

I'm not saying it's not a good game or the story, art, music, etc aren't good but as a female gamer i don't really like the feeling that they're inserting as many waifu bait characters that they can? It just makes it feel kind of creepy and like the game isn't marketed toward me...

Can anyone who's played the game tell me this isn't the case? I just feel the game is trying to throw as many waifus at you as possible.

persona 5 is my favorite persona game but ngl I wish it didn't have so many "waifu" options either. you do have to put forth effort in order to date the specific one u want since they're all social links, so it's not like it's the main point of the game. I love all their designs and they're pretty girls but I can't help but feel that some didn't need to be options.

and the sad fact is that u can't date sae but u can date kawakami which to me makes no sense. kawakami is lowkey the most hypocritical "waifu" option in the game and it's ironic as shit that they had a creepy female teacher in the prev game, a creepy male in this one, but kawakami gets a free pass. like atlus what the fuck. she has a really good design and so does tae takemi but those are the most ethnically questionable girls since one of them basically uses u as a lab rat and the other is your teacher. I mean I'd still say Sae is a questionable romance choice, given the fact that she's a prosecutor, but at least she would've been better than takemi or kawakami. 

people would also be freaking out if the roles were reversed and it was a 16-17 year old girl with a teacher guy or a doctor guy. but naw dawg is fine if she's a girl, apparently (despite me myself liking older men I acknowledge that the former and the latter are both creepy, moreover I am an adult woman so it'd at least be less creepy and more consensual for me to want to date an older man, not like a 17 year old girl.)

Edited by flurry

Posted

Warning: game rant ahead lol

I liked Persona 3 and Persona 4 a lot but I haven't played Persona 5. I don't know if I'm going to, because I feel like the series is turning into too much of a waifu game.

Every time I see clips of Persona 5 it's like they tried to add more and more waifus. The girls in the main cast, the lolis from the velvet room, your teacher, the doctor, and in new Persona 5 Royal trailer, there's sexy boss battles now and a new waifu added to the main cast.

I'm not saying it's not a good game or the story, art, music, etc aren't good but as a female gamer i don't really like the feeling that they're inserting as many waifu bait characters that they can? It just makes it feel kind of creepy and like the game isn't marketed toward me...

Can anyone who's played the game tell me this isn't the case? I just feel the game is trying to throw as many waifus at you as possible.

Tbh I don't even know why Kawakami is such a popular romance option within the fandom. I found it kinda wack that the first palace focused on the player trying to take down a teacher for preying on and abusing his own students, yet the game lets you date your own teacher?? Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Posted

On the persona 5 thing...

Can't believe the game won't let me date Yusuke but allows me to go for statutory rape options. Also about Kawakami, wasn't her issue something about people thinking she was dating a former student and then student died so his parents started making her pay money? 

I didn't buy royal simply because I'm not interested in another waifu. Yeah I know that's not all there is but whatever. I don't care about new waifu who is most likely gonna be forced through the game. Don't care about Kasumi cause Ann will always be canon girl for me. 

Posted (edited)

This is gonna piss some people off but to me DissociaDID seems fake as well. I've watched some of her videos after seeing Anthony's video on the disorder and she seemed most informative about it. Honestly almost all of those people in that video gave off the same vibes as psychics do (I don't know how to explain) Just the whole I'm different, unique and special, look at me, kind of vibes. The comments under DissociaDID videos weird me out as well, the way they're talking about her alters like they are their favorite characters in a tv series or something so weird. Just a lot of romanticization of this disorder going on. I've only ever known 1 person in my life that claimed to have DID and they turned out to be faking as well, and tbh she acted just as DissociaDID. 

DID's very divisive in the psychological community, and many people believe it doesn't exist. Theyve contemplated removing it from the DSM altogether for that reason. Nobody can come up with a consensus. I myself, I mean I'm no psych expert, so I dunno. 

Tbh I don't even know why Kawakami is such a popular romance option within the fandom. I found it kinda wack that the first palace focused on the player trying to take down a teacher for preying on and abusing his own students, yet the game lets you date your own teacher?? Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

yeah the hypocrisy within the game is astounding, and if the roles between a male teacher and a female teacher in the game were reversed and the women were the predator, it feels like people would still excuse Kawakami even if she were in a position where she were portrayed as an outright abuser like Kamoshida.

Edited by flurry

Posted

It's okay for people not to have interest in OCs. 

It's okay for people to only have interest in OCs.

If someone has no interest in interacting with OCs, it doesn't mean your OC is bad. That person is just not interested.

You shouldn't make someone feel bad about their preferences. When I see drama on my dash surrounding this topic, I wonder why it's a big deal if someone RP'ing a canon character only wants to interact with characters from the same game/movie/etc. 

Posted

i have a hard time believing pet tubers with a shit ton of animals don't have some sort of hoarding issue. there's no way they love each and every one of those animals equally. and it just seems incredibly pointless to have so many animals? like why???? living creatures are not collections. and i know a lot of exotic pets prefer solitude and don't love the same way a cat or a dog does, but that doesn't seem like reasonable justification to treat it like a collector's item. 

Posted

Code lyoko is a seriously underrated series. The story line, concept and characters are all very interesting.

Also: i love william, he only gets hate bc he came hetween ulrich and yumi.

Posted

identity v is actually on par with dead by daylight. characters have a rigid set of talents and you can't really make a build unless it's with your persona, thus challenging you to adapt. it's really cool how each has a specific role in game. dead by daylight, not so much. you get to quick message and that's something dbd needs. 

i'm kinda tired of people saying "it's a kids game". no, the game is from china, they have rules, they can't put blood and actual weapons. one of the characters had to have his cigarette eliminated because of the rules. devs actually care and listen, and when you send them a message, they reply in a matter of days. they are really sweet too, i messaged them to stay safe from the virus and they sent me back an s-class rare item. 

if you guys like asymmetrical 4v1 games, i recommend identity v. try it. 

Posted

What some things classify as a disability, are sometimes disorders or diseases. Instead of saying disability, it should be disabilities, diseases, and dirsorders. Like they classified asthma as a disability, and I had it really bad before I went into remission, so I know it's not a disability. Same with despression. I had it really bad as well. They also put cancer as one, but it's a genetic disease. I understand putting Autism, Downs syndrome, Celebral Palsy, and what not as disabilities, but they should just put disabilities into one category, diseases into another, and disorders into a third category. It also confuses me when people say they're on disability and I'm like inside my head "I thought it was a disorder..."

It sucks not being able to watch NCAA Basketball, NBA, the start of the MLB season, and not being able to watch the Stanley cup in June. I'm still disappointed about it.

Instagram stinks when they want you to put in your actual phone number. Like I don't want to put down my two usual emails, so I tried my throwaway email  (a privacy based email), and that didn't work, then tried to put down a voice over ip phone number, and that didn't work, then I tried to put down a temporary 10 minute email, and I guess they want to be difficult. Now, I'm just stuck with not able to watch funny meme videos on Instagram, plus funny car crashes. I know Instagram is owned by Facebook, but I kinda expect that; I wasn't expecting the stuborness to that degree.

Posted

Apple pie is gross.