• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9243 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't understand how some people can become fans of instagram models? like what content do they put out other then photos of them looking pretty? I find it very superficial and will never understand when some people say "---- is my role model" ok why? what has she done to make her your role model.

Obviously this doesn't apply to all instagram models, but the ones who do nothing but post photos of theirselves.

Posted (edited)

The universe is collapsing on itself, seriously. Too much shit is happening. 

+ I find it hilarious that after estabilishing the "simp" term everybody is like -

"who can pay girls to undress??", "how can someone admire/follow/support financially a person because of their looks??"

When like two days ago the majority was following Instagram bOdY pOSitIvIty boObIE qUEeNS, shitty influencers and the rest of the circus bin. Not even going to talk about the shaming, purist alfa males who have a raging boner when they see a collarbone of a woman which makes them go - "show me bob".

Edited by Art Deco

Posted (edited)

Call me crazy, But I genuinely believe the Corona virus is a punishment of mother earth to us humans.

I dont believe in God. But the earth, I believe in her, and yes, she is alive, she provides us with constant water, food, air.

And frankly, we disrespect the shit out of her. I feel like the earth is punishing us for how we treat her. Polluting her air and oceans, how we mistreat her animals(slaughterhouse cruelty, overfishing, putting animals down cause they get "inconvenient" for us enviremont wise, driving species to extinction etc) deforestation etc.

Stay safe everyone, and treasure our planet/animals too. Most people dont realise how fragile it all really is.

Edited by Kiko

Posted (edited)

Call me crazy, But I genuinely believe the Corona virus is a punishment of mother earth to us humans.

I dont believe in God. But the earth, I believe in her, and yes, she is alive, she provides us with constant water, food, air.

And frankly, we disrespect the shit out of her. I feel like the earth is punishing us for how we treat her. Polluting her air and oceans, how we mistreat her animals(slaughterhouse cruelty, overfishing, putting animals down cause they get "inconvenient" for us enviremont wise, driving species to extinction etc) deforestation etc.

Stay safe everyone, and treasure our planet/animals too. Most people dont realise how fragile it all really is.

....What? 

Why are you personificating our planet? Without any living matter it's just a rock with water flying around the sun. It's like if you would call your house alive when the only alive matter were you and your close ones. That kinda doesn't add up. You need to separate the dead matter from the living one.

The planet, as a planet  can't punish us. It's just our decisions that eventually backfire and some are inevitable - the worst greenhouse gas is water steam....so do you want to delegalize life? That statement also seems very dismissal, as if humans are just children playing around. 

I find it extremely entitled to think that the planet is for us, it provides and nurtures. Um, what? It's just a rock that every life form has adapted to, to live at the maximum efficiency possible during their evolutonary processes. If I starve the mother nature won't come and spoon feed me. Nature is quite brutal, frankly. It lives by it's own rules and we adapt or die. 

Edited by Art Deco

Posted

....What? 

Why are you personificating our planet? Without any living matter it's just a rock with water flying around the sun. It's like if you would call your house alive when the only alive matter were you and your close ones. That kinda doesn't add up. You need to separate the dead matter from the living one.

The planet, as a planet doesn't punish us. It's just our decisions that eventually backfire and some are inevitable - the worst greenhouse gas is water steam....so do you want to delegalize life? 

I find it extremely entitled to think that the planet is for us, it provides and nurtures. Um, what? It's just a rock that every life form has adapted to, to live at the maximum efficiency possible during their evolutonary processes. If I starve the mother nature won't come and spoon feed me. Nature is quite brutal, frankly. It lives by it's own rules and we adapt or die. 

look...points at thread title *unpopular opinion*. Its MY unpopular opinion. I dont care of you do not share it with me, this is called the unpopular opinion thread for a reason *shrugs*

Posted

look...points at thread title *unpopular opinion*. Its MY unpopular opinion. I dont care of you do not share it with me, this is called the unpopular opinion thread for a reason *shrugs*

Why are you so dramatic? Aaaand, if you don't care what I think, why are you making a response in the first place?

Yes, it's your opinion, but I can talk about it freely. It's a forum/discussion/gossip website and I can express my concerns to the fullest extent.

Posted (edited)

Why are you so dramatic? Aaaand, if you don't care what I think, why are you making a response in the first place?

Yes, it's your opinion, but I can talk about it freely. It's a forum/discussion/gossip website and I can express my concerns to the fullest extent.

This will be my last reply due to clogging up the thread. why am I so dramatic? I think it is YOU that should take another good look at your own reply instead cause that's where the drama is ;) the reason I'm not going into a discussion is because 1. People here dont want to see 2 people "arguing" over an unpopulad opinion, it's called the unpopular opinion thread for a reason you know. I have done it before, and I've already been close to getting banned for it. I have learned my lesson, it's also annoying for other people here when 2 people clog up the thread 3. I'm not gonna waste my energy on your hostility, I dont need negativity. you're the one calling me dramatic but geez look at your own writing. You disagree with me. That's fine, but I dont care, have  nice day! 

Edited by Kiko

Posted (edited)

This will be my last reply due to clogging up the thread. why am I so dramatic? I think it is YOU that should take another good look at your own reply instead cause that's where the drama is ;) the reason I'm not going into a discussion is because 1. People here dont want to see 2 people "arguing" over an unpopulad opinion, it's called the unpopular opinion thread for a reason you know. I have done it before, and I've already been close to getting banned for it. I have learned my lesson, it's also annoying for other people here when 2 people clog up the thread 3. I'm not gonna waste my energy on your hostility, I dont need negativity. you're the one calling me dramatic but geez look at your own writing. You disagree with me fine, I dont care, have  nice day! 

Chill.

Lmao that downvote. Says everything and more.

Edited by Benx

Posted (edited)

People can subscribe to the Myers–Briggs type indicators if they want to, but I'm of the thought process if you're compelled to parade anything around/constantly mention something, it's probably not true. There's a suspicious amount of people with allegedly the rarest of personality types, kind of reaffirming my thought process and defeating the purpose (key word rare).

Edited by Purinpuff

Posted (edited)

Guurl coronavirus is most likely a biological war. 

Also, animals kill each other fpr fun and are prone to doing things that only 0.1% insane humans do like killing each other for dumb reasons, fathers mating with their children and many more like mothers eating their children. 

Our planet will be fine after these lockdowns since people can't sit outside and make a mess, fly by planes, drive cars etc. Fun fact: the Chernobyl area after 35 years of being abandoned has a rich animal kingdom with once endangered species now not being endangered anymore as well as plants growing, although that area being extremely dangerous for people. It doesn't take the planet a lot of time to recover like some people are saying, it just takes plastic a lot of time to decompose.

Edit: Italians say that Venice for the first time has clear canals from the lock downs. I try to be as optimistic as possible. One day this shit will be over and we'll be like "Damn remember the Coronavirus era?". Hopefully people will continue to be discipline and stop buying unnecessary shit so other people can't buy. 

Edited by shady

Posted

Winter is better than summer. Summer is too hot, and winter can be pretty.

Posted

Winter is better than summer. Summer is too hot, and winter can be pretty.

also you can dress warmer but in summer you can't rip your skin off 

Posted

Covid 19 isn't a fucking punishment from ~*~Mother Earth~*~, it's a damn mutated virus that's claiming 1000s of innocent people's lives and claiming that it's some divine retribution for environmental destruction that's mostly caused by greedy government officials and corporations is extremely disrespectful to those who have died from it and their families. I really wonder if you and all the other "uwu humans need to die to save the earth" assholes would be saying the same thing if covid killed your loved ones. 

Posted

Covid 19 isn't a fucking punishment from ~*~Mother Earth~*~, it's a damn mutated virus that's claiming 1000s of innocent people's lives and claiming that it's some divine retribution for environmental destruction that's mostly caused by greedy government officials and corporations is extremely disrespectful to those who have died from it and their families. I really wonder if you and all the other "uwu humans need to die to save the earth" assholes would be saying the same thing if covid killed your loved ones. 

I actually never indicated or said that I think humanity should die. I mean it as a genuine worry for the planet, and all living creatures on it, which we are too. The outbreak of the virus is linked to the illegal animal trading market of China and the fishing there too, where it apparently caught fire and spread rapidly. So to me mistreatment of both animals and the planet and the virus go hand in hand. My unpopular opinion is how FUCKING sad I am there are still not enough people who care about this planet and the animals on it. 

Posted

I actually never indicated or said that I think humanity should die. I mean it as a genuine worry for the planet, and all living creatures on it, which we are too. The outbreak of the virus is linked to the illegal animal trading market of China and the fishing there too, where it apparently caught fire and spread rapidly. So to me mistreatment of both animals and the planet and the virus go hand in hand. My unpopular opinion is how FUCKING sad I am there are still not enough people who care about this planet and the animals on it. 

Firstly you said that the pandemic is a punishment for people who do not respect the planet, then you changed your mind to strictly say how saddened you are that people do not care for the animals. Be consistent.

Also, the virus wasn't caused by some devilish deals on the animal market, but by the ingestion of a sick animal, a wild fucking animal - viruses do not have trading knowledge thus to infect a person they need to penetrate their cells, especially when a person is weak, because their immune barrier is less prominent. It's not divine justice, just the awful reality that viruses are beings that mutate independentally and much more often than the other forms of life. Fun fact, viruses do not know they are evil, they are just trying to vibe in the world. 

Lastly, people do care about animals, year by year the percentage increases and it's more common to donate to shelters or plant trees than before. Do you do the same or just whine?