• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Unpopular opinions

9761 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I agree, I think ASMR gets a bad reputation because people assume it's sexual, because of the scandalously dressed youtubers whispering into a mic/seductively eating food/weird crap like that (no kinkshaming, but maybe an all-ages site like youtube isn't the place to upload it haha.)

I think people don't realize ASMR can be more than just a human whispering as well, I'm subscribed to some channels that make hour long+ videos of ambient noise, for example, a rainstorm with wind blowing, a coffee shop with quiet chattering and glass clinking, a library with pages turning and pens clicking. I really enjoy listening to these when I'm studying and am focusing too hard to be distracted by music. It really soothes me and keeps my mind on track. 

You're also right that it can be calming to people with different disorders, when someone is having an anxiety attack it may help them out to listen to some windchimes blowing, a babbling brook, someone talking to them, and so on. I think a lot of people would enjoy ASMR if they gave it a shot. 

Funnily enough, you saying "babbling brook" reminded me of GoodnightMoon. An ASMR channel. Hah. Dunno if that was intended.

A lot of people refuse to because it makes them feel odd. Why they choose to insult people who do find comfort in it? Nobody knows.

Being gay, trans, whatever you are and identify as, doesn't mean you can't be an awful human being. Personality and attitude have nothing to do with your sexuality and what you identify as.

Telling someone to "kys" or "you're a wh*re" makes you just as much of a trash person as the other person who said the same thing. Don't say "sweetie, i'm gay, it's how we talk in the lgbtq community". That's just a sad excuse to be toxic.

Are people really using that excuse in 2020? I'm in the community but I don't call people degrading terms. Honestly, nothing gives anybody an excuse to be an asshole. Nobody is special. ;(

Edited by Priest

Posted

ok so there's been a recent blow-up of female-centric movies and SO much hype around the birds of prey film in my circle and the reiteration of this notion that young girls need to see more of themselves in popular media... but growing up, i feel like i've already had sufficient female characters to project on or relate to. cartoons like totally spies, powerpuff girls, winx club for example. even if they were traditionally girlish/feminine, they were still cool and strong in their own way and i feel like it makes a stronger point for feminism than the live-action films we have now. sweeping those older shows under the rug feels like a disservice.

Posted

I don’t trust any of the experts on what they say about the virus. One says this the other one says that, it gets confusing... 

I don’t trust the news (be it twitter or news sites/stations) regarding the virus either. It’s all part of the clicks/views and ratings anyway. They ‘hype’ that shit up so much no wonder ppl are panicking. The more you panic, the more you won’t be able to think straight.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

I don’t trust any of the experts on what they say about the virus. One says this the other one says that, it gets confusing... 

I don’t trust the news (be it twitter or news sites/stations) regarding the virus either. It’s all part of the clicks/views and ratings anyway. They ‘hype’ that shit up so much no wonder ppl are panicking. The more you panic, the more you won’t be able to think straight.

They can't all agree thus far because it's a brand new strain of virus. They don't know much about it other than it belonging to the family of SARS and MERS. It's very contagious, and the only experts you should be listening to are those from WHO, and the ones who are under WHO's name (specifically the ones who are working on figuring out how to deal with it).

This is absolutely not a media hype for clicks and views. It's literally a pandemic that's killed over a thousand people. Nor can it be compared to dying to a regular flu/pneumonia. WHO only declares pandemics if it's serious.

In my city alone there are hundreds of cases of COVID-19, and the number is increasing. EU in general is affected by it. Having a weak immune system, being older, and generally having poor health makes you an easy target for complications. Even being healthy can get you in hospital.

While it may not be an ultimate death sentence if you catch it, it doesn't make the situation less serious. 

Edited by 20

Posted

Lily Collins eyebrows are ugly ,same with Cara Delevingne 

Agreed. IDK who Lily Collins is but Cara Delevingne is hot, and she's a good actress and model.

Posted

liking things ironically or having guilty pleasures is lame as fuck

why are some people so obsessed with the objective quality of art when its an inherently subjective personal and emotional experience lol

Posted (edited)

Could you please link some of the channels?

Which channels would you be interested in? Like different trigger videos, or the videos we mentioned? 
Edited by Priest

Posted (edited)

I can't believe young people still believe in a magic potion that can shape you into a VS model a.k.a. Herbalife or anything similar. They usually refuse any physical activity and are in denial that something is wrong with their diet - "I ate like that at my skinniest".

Yeah Karen and when you finish that diet you can't go back at eating at midnight and drinking a litre of Coke a day.

These are kinda personal but I've seen the same pattern with people I don't know. 

Also fat acceptance people saying that diets don't help and made them even bigger. Can you explain me why were your ancestors skinny then? Is there a genetic mutation producing obese people since late 20th century? 

Edited by shady

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

The videos you mentioned

Alright! I'll do it to the best of my ability. Caterpillars can give you some as well if they want to.

Hidden under spoilers so it's not too long and people don't have to scroll too much.

Channels that minorly sexualize:

ASMR Meihttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCPZ9nGkJrJGw3-sMnzqnXw

- Makes suggestive content

ASMR KittyKlaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AijhxGBwhx4

- Makes roleplay videos that, unsurprisingly, expose cleavage in the thumbnails

ASMR UPhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSiZyvZvG5C89KcA3-qHnw

- Strokes her mic suggestively

- Wears revealing clothing

Channels that MAJORLY seuxalize:

ASMR Ginger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7vr5f7pmU

- Exposes sections of breasts throughout videos

ASMR Valeyria https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhQRAbu01LYCTXdCFdqg_Q

- Makes suggestive content

- Makes references to sex throughout her videos

- Goes nude in her videos but, of course, blurs it out. Funny how YouTube accepts this but not Studio Killers' [one of my fave music groups] content. 

ASMR Moona https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpnB4SQuE6YqfHMleVNn_w

- Used lube and condoms in her one of her videos. I wish I was kidding. She tasted the lube too. In her words, "it tastes like diabetes pills" rofl. 

- Uses lube/condoms in her thumbnails.

+ others may feel free to add onto these categories. I'm too freaked out to look lmao.

Channels that I recommend + mentioned:

Goodnight Moonhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClMJgjg2z_IrRm6J9KrhcuQ

- Makes fantasy roleplays

- Excellent with plots and video editing.

ASMR JimChiahttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4eO8gplCQQqD8yvuey1TxQ

- Will make you feel like royalty, omg.

- Best British accent ever. He's so calming.

- His hair is to die for. I swear. 

ASMR PPOMO https://www.youtube.com/user/PPOMODOLI

- Makes a wide range of ASMR videos

- If Foreign languages are your fancy she speaks in Korean, Japanese & English

- She's so cute!!

And unpop opinions:

- People hoarding soap and toilet paper are idiotic as fuck.

Others need....to wash their hands too...for fucks sake, you ignoramus'...should I just boil the germs off my body, then? If you wanna hog all the damned soap?? This is an epidemic that doesn't require a major panic. Especially since I live in a small area and the chances of it coming here are LOW!!! My god.

- Oreos taste the best when kept together.

The creme and the pastry just work, people. Especially with milk. Goddamn I'm craving them now.

- Sandwiches are only good when paired with milk.

Nutellia sandwich + milk = yes.

Grilled cheese + milk = yes.

No debate needed. Sorry. (;

Edited by Priest
too much spelling mistakes omg. last time i write posts at 4 am

Posted

Could you please link some of the channels?

I would recommend Miracle Forest! The creator is super sweet and kind from what I can tell, and does this for a living. She makes really soothing cute environments based on different imaginative fantasy settings. https://www.youtube.com/user/themiracleforest/videos 

Great for studying/sleeping/chilling to imo :) 

Posted (edited)

Really tired of people mini modding and passive aggressively trying to white knight snowflakes when people have valid criticisms of them, especially when you look and see them in other threads dragging another one 6 ways to sunday.

If you want people to praise the snowflake you like, then make a thread where criticism isn't welcome. Stop trying to police what others say bc you don't see an issue or bc you have a bias..

I definitely agree, but I also think the opposite happens too often unfortunately. Some of the threads I used to keep up with have gotten so nitpicky and recycled that it's just like, "Okay we get it, you think [X] sucks." So many posts will have what they think are points but it's really just strawmanning, and if you bring up any critical thinking it's, "You must be them!" or "Don't white knight!" People get so defensive of their so called critique that any challenge to that no matter how small suddenly means that person is a fan or will defend said personality at all costs when it's like...no, calling out their bs is one thing...but you're bothered by the fact that they're wearing red socks on a Tuesday for what--? Like you can just tell some people come on PULL to let off some rooted issue instead of actually add discussion or bring relevant gossip. I just ignore those threads now at this point. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted (edited)

I found it very disappointing and sad, and I know, PULL is a gossip forum but come on. If someone likes a certain thing about a discussed person don't mass down-vote them. I felt like it was extremely strange and childlish as if you could be ONLY negative towards people in the threads.

I don't know, maybe some of you think this is a form of "white-knighting" (which is insane) but seriously, giving someone -x rep, because they liked an outfit or a drawing? Geez, what are you trying to prove by this behaviour?

Edited by Art Deco

Posted

I felt like it was extremely strange and childlish as if you could be ONLY negative towards people in the threads. 

Apparently this site is 18+. Then why do some of you guys sound like a child throwing a tantrum and act like 12 year olds?